Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Frags4Fun

Real Name Frags4Fun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frags4Fun
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2011, 00:55
Total Comments 537 (Apprentice)
User ID 57016

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Door Kickers Released
6. Re: Door Kickers Released Oct 21, 2014, 11:37 Frags4Fun

JaguarUSF wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 05:54:
Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 20:40:
Has anyone tried this? It looks kind of cool.
I like it. My video review will be up Wednesday.

Awesome! Thanks! I subscribed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2014, 09:57 Frags4Fun

That old man was a dick. I don't think the young guy expected it to get that serious but even so, he should have defended better. The old guy was good though.  

News Comments > Door Kickers Released
1. Re: Door Kickers Released Oct 20, 2014, 20:40 Frags4Fun

Has anyone tried this? It looks kind of cool.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
14. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 11:59 Frags4Fun

Kosh401 wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 11:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 10:57:
I've basically given up on Battlefield at this point.. with the latest patch Dice managed to actually make the hit detection even worse (god knows how that is possible) but I have REGULARLY seen RPG's pass through entire fucking vehicles, and I don't mean I missed, I mean it hit the armor on the side, flew right through, and exploded in the GROUND behind the vehicle. (You can experience this lovely situation yourself in TV missiles and UCAV)

And stats gathering points to the fact that more than 30 of 100 bullets are NOT REGISTERED server side, despite hitting on your screen.

The fuck... before at least when you hit something with an RPG things actually exploded. they did not pass through vehicles without doing anything.

I'd suggest you play around with the latency sliders in the game if you're actually seeing that sort of thing happen "regularly." Can't say I've ever noticed something like that aside from maybe the odd lag spike here and there. Bullets maybe more so, but it's a million times better now than 6 months ago.

Classic mode in this last patch has been awesome as well, would recommend everyone give that go.

Hardline... yeah no, that's a consensus pass with our group!

The latency slider is a joke. Sorry, but it does nothing for me. I have a 30MS ping in most US servers.

If you are running when the map ends, you will see your character snap back at the last second to it's actual position which is easily 10-15 feet behind your on-screen position.

Before anyone says to buy a better machine, I have a beast of a computer and get between 130-200 FPS at all times on ultra and the average is around 160 FPS.

I'm not a BF hater, I really love the games even with the bugs but I refuse to pay full price again.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
9. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 10:47 Frags4Fun

They can change it all they want, it's still a no buy for me and I've owned every game they've made and in many cases have owned multiple copies. I also don't care that it's being developed by a different company.

Reason number one is the piss-pour release of BF3 and BF4. Absolutely terrible and a year later it's still full of bugs. Anyone who says otherwise is simply exposing their inability to spot the bugs.

Reason number two is the FACT that those games as well as previous games such as BC2 still having bugs that were there since release.

Reason number three is the terrible lag that causes players to still get hit a second or two after getting behind cover. Getting behind cover and still getting hit completely destroys any sort of tactical play.

There are other reasons but those are my main complaints.

All three of these problems seem to get worse with each new game and for that reason, I'm out.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Nintendo Oct 17, 2014, 08:24 Frags4Fun

If Nintendo is going to force these changes, consumers should have the right to decline and get their money back since there is no option to decline and still use the machine in the same way as before the new terms even if that means they must forfeit any internet access on the device. These corporations and our government are out of control.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2014, 09:33.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 13:47 Frags4Fun

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 13:38:
Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 13:07:
He didn't hurt the bird. I was not happy either so I went looking and found this. Hope this helps you feel better.

I can understand with the adrenaline that you're probably going to yell a couple of times, especially when a big fucking bird gets caught in your chute and you think you're probably gonna die.

It also doesn't really look like an eagle. Maybe a (griffon) vulture, since it was in the himalayas.

He helps the thing out in the end and it flies off without being much worse for wear, so all's well that ends well.

I'm glad that they both walked/flew away relatively unharmed. I would have been swearing too!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 13:07 Frags4Fun

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 12:46:
That paraglider, what, is he Russian or something? Fucking asshole. Mad at the bird? "Fucking creature?" It cuts and fades to black with him yelling at the bird, probably just prior to him killing it. Fucking prick.

He doesn't even consider the bird until it starts fighting for its life. Otherwise he's sitting there talking to his buddies on his radio, and the whole time, I'm like, "dude get the fuck up and free the bird, you fucking selfish prick asshole!" He's mad at the bird for "trying to kill him," as if he wasn't in the bird's space. As if he is more valuable than another life that doesn't actually destroy the planet. That eagle was flying with what was probably its mate. Those birds mate for life, and he isn't even concerned that he may be responsible for its death, and likely killed it by hand at the end anyway.

Oh my god I'm all aggravated by this now. Why is it that every piece of video evidence we see, it seems to reinforce the stereotype that Russians are fucking assholes? >:\

He didn't hurt the bird. I was not happy either so I went looking and found this. Hope this helps you feel better.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 11:45 Frags4Fun

Happy Birfday! Thanks for all the years! My life would be very different without Bluesnews.

Oh, and I would totally buy a Bluesnews T-shirt or hat or both. You could sell both vanilla style and retro colors.

No need to change the site though. You've got a great formula going here.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced Oct 8, 2014, 22:01 Frags4Fun

As a customer who has bought every BF game on PC, including expansions, and some on Xbox, why do I always feel cheated and insulted by these guys (DICE/EA)? I realize that it's totally my fault though.

I guess it doesn't matter. I swore that I would never buy another after BF4.

Their apologies are always quickly followed up by a sale which makes current customers feel like we're being smacked in the face. So predictable at this point.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Analysis: Wireless data caps more about profit than congestion. Oct 8, 2014, 13:35 Frags4Fun

uuuuummm.... Duh!  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
39. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 13:32 Frags4Fun

Jivaro wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 11:44:
Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 11:20:
CitizenCon seems like an appropriate name.

Ok...I hope you are pleased with yourself...now I have coffee all over my keyboard.

LOL! I hope the KB is ok.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
26. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 11:20 Frags4Fun

CitizenCon seems like an appropriate name.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 13:22 Frags4Fun

Prez wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 12:20:
InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:39:
Sorry but wireless mice are not really mice.

Yeah - how could it be a mouse without a tail?

Hamster?

10. Logitech Oct 7, 2014, 11:06 Frags4Fun

I've actually had a tiny eyelash hair in my mouse which made it act like what your describing. It could also be something on your desk or mouse-pad but I imagine that you already checked that. Another thing is to check that mouse pointer acceleration is off unless you like it on.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 19:42 Frags4Fun

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 19:03:
One thing that REALLY bothers me is that the Alien is standing up. Beyond the Queen, was the Alien ever standing in the movies?

Yes, they are actually humanoids even though they usually sorta crawl. I just watched Alien today in order to prep for the game and the alien was standing. I know what you mean though, seems odd to see them standing.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2014, 22:14.

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
15. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 13:31 Frags4Fun

Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:03:
Who are your providers that you have caps?
I've had broadband in 5 states, and had: Comcast, Time Warner, FiOS, and Cablevision.

I've never had a cap.

I've been fortunate and haven't had a cap except for on my cell phone data plan which is frustrating as well. There seems to be a lot of people complaining about caps but I don't know where they are or who their provider is. My parents have a 15GB per month cap and they pay around $90 a month but it's satellite and most of those have caps.

I have heard rumors of Comcast implementing caps if the merger with TW goes through but that is probably just that, a rumor. They certainly do want to go with broadband caps but I don't think it will happen for a while even if that is their plan.

My frustration stems from paying over $90 a month for 20Mbps down and 2Mbps up and then being told that it's turbo. It becomes more frustrating when my brother, who lives in Germany, pays a fraction of what I pay and he gets 100Mbps.

It bugs the crap out of me that America continues to slip further and further behind other countries when it comes to bandwidth and the price of that bandwidth. That's why I would love to see people make a stand and say enough is enough.

11. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 11:52 Frags4Fun

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 11:39:
Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 10:37:
I don't understand why we put up with this crap when these ISP's are making billions in profits.

Billions is probably exaggerated, but the reason people put up with it is because they have no choice. If you have exactly one option for even marginally decent high speed, what are you going to do? Cancel and go back to dial-up?

The thing is that if majority of subscribers would agree to cancel their accounts on a given date to make a stand, these companies would instantly change their ways. It could happen so quickly if we could all unite somehow. We're being taken advantage of, big-time. Sure, we would be without service for a short time, but in the long term, our monthly bills could be reduced significantly as well as eliminate these ridiculous caps. I wouldn't go back to dial-up.

As far as billions in profits, I would assume that TW, Verizon, and Comcast (50 billion in Gross profits alone) are certainly making billions. The small companies are obviously not going to make nearly as much as the huge companies.

My point is that we are getting ripped off especially when one compares what we get for our money compared with other countries.

Edit: Nobody has to go back to dial-up. All we need to do is show these companies that we aren't going to take it any more. At the moment, they have all the leverage because the people refuse to stand up for themselves and because we are not united in such a way as to be a threat to them. If even a third of their subscribers threatened to leave on a given date, I bet that that would be enough for them to sing a different tune and lower rates and eliminate data caps. It's a fantasy to think that this will ever happen but it is certainly something that could happen if we would take some time to stand up for what we feel is right.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2014, 12:00.

5. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 10:37 Frags4Fun

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 10:13:
ldonyo wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 10:03:
50GB of disk space?!? If your ISP employs a data cap you'd better plan well in advance for the download. I realize the download won't be 50GB, but it won't be less than 30GB.

When I saw that Shadows of Mordor was 34GB, I could almost feel the letter my ISP would likely send me asking what the fuck was going on even though we don't have a (visible) data cap.

Shit is getting out of hand.

I agree that "shit is getting out of hand", but the real problem (for me at least) is the unnecessary data caps. The only purpose they serve is to shake more coins from our pockets and it's only going to get worse. The day my ISP introduces caps is the day I cancel my account. I don't understand why we put up with this crap when these ISP's are making billions in profits. They should use some of that profit to bolster their networks if it's such a problem. Trouble is, it's been proven over and over to be a myth (the shortage of bandwidth).

I don't mind that the games are so large because I have plenty of storage but I feel a little bad for those with less storage because I was once in the same boat. When Quake was out it was 33MB and I had an 800MB HDD and as games got bigger, I had to constantly choose which games to keep on my single drive. That was extremely annoying. Storage is quit cheap these days though so thankfully, it's not an issue for me.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 2, 2014, 16:03 Frags4Fun

Locking the authorities out of being able to physically access the contents of devices puts children at risk, he said.
Come on guys, the children are at risk! So tired of these scumbags using children or terrorism as their excuse to spy on us. Do they really expect us to fall for that line of BS? Sadly, most Americans would fall for it.

537 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo