Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Frags4Fun

Real Name Frags4Fun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frags4Fun
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2011, 00:55
Total Comments 395 (Amateur)
User ID 57016

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Apr 24, 2014, 10:25 Frags4Fun

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 21:38:
Wow, of all the hundreds of bugs, some of which are game breaking, DICE fixed those 2 minor issues? Better than nothing I suppose.

How about the Death Shield bug, or the unkillable AC-130 on some maps, etc. etc.

I played an hour last night and was getting some weird freezing every few seconds and the sound was getting all distorted. I think they screwed something up because I've never had that type of freezing. It felt like FPS lag but it wasn't because I was getting 150 FPS while it was happening and it was server wide. My friends where says that it was freezing for them at the same times.

I didn't even know about the indestructible AC-130. I actually thought it was by design when I tried to destroy one a few days ago with a jet. Each strafing pass would do up to 6 damage to the thing and every round from my guns hit the stinkin thing. After 4-5 passes I gave up because it wouldn't go down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 21, 2014, 13:27 Frags4Fun

Triple monitor support?  

News Comments > SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ
22. Re: SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ Apr 21, 2014, 12:11 Frags4Fun

I had high hopes for Dayz SA but the lack of progress on the game has made me think that it will never be finished. It seems to me that a priority should have been fixing the zombies who walk through walls, fences, and many other solid objects. Forget about retreating into a building. As someone else mentioned, the melee system will never be a true melee system. It's quite bad when you swing an axe at a zed that's right in your face and you miss 5 or 6 times in a row. It looks like a melee swing but in reality, it's a melee animation with a very short range projectile. Then there's the horrible frame rate even on beastly computers. I predict that none of these things will ever be fixed.

The DayZ devs already have the majority of the profits so why should they bother going out of their way to finish the game? Perpetual alpha just like the mod.

I thoroughly enjoyed the mod for over 2 years and a couple thousand hours of play time but I fear that SA will never be what all of us fans hoped it would be.

I think that this H1Z1 has some real potential but it will never have the modding community. It also won't have as many hackers or should I say as many blatant hackers.

News Comments > DICE Looking Into BF4 "Death Shield" Bug
6. Re: DICE Looking Into BF4 Apr 14, 2014, 11:19 Frags4Fun

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 11:00:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 10:48:
I'm just waiting for the apologists to come in and say that the game works fine for them and that they never have any problems.

Not gonna hear me say that ,)

This bug explains so, so fucking many weird situations I had recently too. Gamebreaking bug, unplayable until fixed...

DICE at work

Holy shit, this bug existed since beta actually... just... nobody ever attributed it to that. We always thought it was net-code or simple weird server packet loss. I've seen that so many times on locker... holy hell.

Now we know why we missed so many times when our crosshairs were directly on target and the rounds did zero damage. It's happened so many times that I've lost count. I just assumed that it was the 'netcode'.

News Comments > DICE Looking Into BF4 "Death Shield" Bug
4. Re: DICE Looking Into BF4 Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 Frags4Fun

I'm just waiting for the apologists to come in and say that the game works fine for them and that they never have any problems.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 13, 2014, 22:49 Frags4Fun

I have to wonder what will happen to the HDD's in all those working XP machines that will be turned in. Most of them will be full of years of data to sift through. They have to be in working order to qualify for the deals. This sounds pretty sketchy to me.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:54 Frags4Fun

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:42:
Yeah, but if it bombs he's fucked. At least with this he was guaranteed good exposure and dough for a while. I agree he was perfectly cast for it. With the exception of a few people most everyone are pretty perfectly cast in this series. The guy playing the Prince of Dorn is brilliant. And Rory McCann as the Hound really is perfect. The scene at the Inn was awesome. Secret text... I love how the dragon snapped at Danerys and her reaction to it. Solid advice that even the mother of dragons can't tame a dragon. .

And speaking of entertainment new trailer for Godzilla up at IMDB.

Gojira!!!

It's looking pretty damn good. Solid cast with guys like Cranston, Watanabe, and Strathairn - heck even my old pal Al Sapienza is in it - so I'm holding out hope it'll at least be decent.

Edit: Oh yeah, that GTA trailer was pretty good. Get the damn game out on PC already.

Thanks for the Godzilla trailer, Cutter!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:30 Frags4Fun

That was annoying. My wife and I were wondering who he was and we figured that since the original guy is nowhere to be seen that the new guy must have replaced him. There are way to many names in that show to remember them all. The honest movie trailer for GoT does a good job of making fun of this.  

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
47. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 12:18 Frags4Fun

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 11:34:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 08:37:
There's quite a bit of choppiness in the videos for the game so I expect it to run like crap even on recommended. Maybe those videos were made on consoles. Hopefully it won't be as bad as X-Rebirth.

I wouldn't worry about that. You can say what you want about Ubisoft's games, but they make very good PC ports. *knocks frantically on every piece of wood in the vicinity*
I would be shocked (SHOCKED, Cotton! SHOCKED!) if they released a turd like X:Rebirth.

I tend to enjoy Ubisoft's games. I meant low fps like X-Rebirth. Even on GTX 680's in SLI, I only get 30 fps in some areas. I'm still quite disappointed in that game. I waited a long time for it and I rarely get excited about upcoming games.

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
39. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 08:37 Frags4Fun

There's quite a bit of choppiness in the videos for the game so I expect it to run like crap even on recommended. Maybe those videos were made on consoles. Hopefully it won't be as bad as X-Rebirth.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 11:04 Frags4Fun

Cool trailer. I would pay to see this as a whole movie.  

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
24. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 21:15 Frags4Fun

I haven't used it in years, but it's still sad to hear that it's going down. I have some fond memories.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator
4. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator Mar 31, 2014, 15:13 Frags4Fun

This franchise has officially jumped the shark.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 28, 2014, 16:01 Frags4Fun

InBlack wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 10:27:
FEDs want....

NSA does....

Breaking News at 14h: American public doesnt give a shit...

They will eventually and by then it will be too late to do anything about it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans
8. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans Mar 18, 2014, 09:31 Frags4Fun

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 21:20:
Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 15:31:
JayDeath wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 15:06:
It never occurred to me that gamers can be so twisted to buy another copy of the game after being banned for hacking just to hack and risk getting banned again. Those people must be really disturbed and sociopathic.

I suspect that some of the cheaters are just trying to be competitive with their friends who are skilled at the game and it might just be their way of fitting in. On the other hand, many of them are probably mentally disturbed like you said.

They're just griefers, they're not trying to fool people into thinking they're good, they're not trying to be competitive. Many people who enjoy this type of behavior have no problem paying for another copy of the game, because they have to, to keep having their fun. Do a little google-fu and you can find the forums cheaters hang out on easily, you won't find many posts from people asking what hax is best to be competitive.

I've never understood how so many people go off the rails screaming "WHO DO THEY THINK THEY'RE FOOLING!" and the like. They're not trying to fool anyone. The entire point is to ruin the fun of legitimate players. To assume that most cheaters are trying to be competitive is to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the behavior. It's no different than trying to have a debate on a forum with someone blatantly trolling; it's not going to work because they're not there to have a debate, and the fact that you're trying is just entertaining.

There's a gaping hole in your theory though. You must be assuming that all cheaters are participating in these forums that you speak of in order for your theory to be valid and we definitely don't have enough data for you to make that claim.

The people that I am theorizing about would likely avoid such trolling activities and would want to hide their cheating activities even from other cheaters. It would be their dirty little secret which would destroy them if their peers found out and all the work that they did to fit in would be wasted. That's basic psychology.

The fact is, we simply don't know what drives every cheater and to bunch them all up into a single category is silly. If you go and look at many of the cheaters profiles (who have been caught), you will see that their scores are way to low to be using the cheats to grief. You really should expand your mind and consider that there is more than one mindset when it comes to cheaters. Like any group of people, there will be differing motives which lead them into similar circles.

There is a long list of subtle cheats designed to give a slight advantage and they are the ones that rarely get detected, unlike the older types of aimbots and wallhacks that griefers tend to use and are obvious to the skilled players.

We really need a lot more data to come to any definitive conclusion on this subject.

BTW, I like how you twist my words. For instance, I said some of the cheaters and you changed it to most cheaters. That says a lot about your close-minded way of thinking. So I wonder which one of us is actually entertained by this conversation.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2014, 09:55.

5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans Mar 17, 2014, 15:31 Frags4Fun

JayDeath wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 15:06:
It never occurred to me that gamers can be so twisted to buy another copy of the game after being banned for hacking just to hack and risk getting banned again. Those people must be really disturbed and sociopathic.

I suspect that some of the cheaters are just trying to be competitive with their friends who are skilled at the game and it might just be their way of fitting in. On the other hand, many of them are probably mentally disturbed like you said.

2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans Mar 17, 2014, 13:38 Frags4Fun

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 10:58:
I don't know why I didn't see it before. No wonder EA and Actiblizz don't actually do anything about hax, way better business to ban the haxxo0rs and make them but a new copy instead! So this is where 3/4 of the sales come from on these games.

Bingo!

I've been saying this for years about the battlefield cheaters. If the cheaters can afford to keep buying/paying subs for the cheats then they can afford another copy of the game. Some paid cheats even come with a guarantee that if the user gets banned, they get a new key from the cheat site.

Like you said, it's sort of a good business decision to not go after the cheat sites especially towards the end of life for the product because they actually increase sales with each ban wave. They only need to stomp out the most blatant and obvious cheats as to not drive away their legit player base.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2014, 21:14 Frags4Fun

Hey Beamer, butthurt much? You're such a pathetic troll. I must have really gotten to you since you always try to instigate an argument with me. Nice try but you bore me.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2014, 12:35 Frags4Fun

Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:22:
So all these "robbers" are stealing Bitcoins, which leads to all the bitcoin exchanges being shut down, which will inevitably cause bitcoins to simply become utterly useless and worthless. So then they've stolen shit that isn't worth anything. Yay?

Other theory: The NSA is doing all the 'stealing', because the government is worried about bitcoins.

You know Creston, I was thinking pretty much the same thing about "the government" or some other state sponsored entity stealing the bitcoins in order to protect their own currencies, interests or wealth, but not necessarily American entities. The NSA certainly has the capability to pull it off, but do they have the motive? Perhaps the global banks would have a greater interest in such things.

Hey, but we don't have anything to hide from the NSA so who cares if they spy on everyone, right? They couldn't possibly use that data for nefarious purposes.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2014, 12:41.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Rambo Mar 4, 2014, 11:40 Frags4Fun

Angry Joe has an excellent review of Rambo. Hilarious!  

395 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo