Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Frags4Fun

Real Name Frags4Fun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frags4Fun
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2011, 00:55
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 57016

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 19, 2015, 00:21 Frags4Fun

shihonage wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 03:34:
Quboid wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 23:07:
It's incredibly impressive that they got (something approaching) this on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Yes, running at 15fps.

I guess you didn't actually play it on a 360 because if you did you would know that it ran very well. Of course, many no-so-tech-savvy people may not have known that it could be installed on the HDD as well as part of it installed on a 16GB flash drive. It ran amzing so please stop spreading bullshit. Rockstar did an absolutely fantastic job of optimizing this one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 17, 2015, 12:00 Frags4Fun

I'm glad to hear that TB is doing well.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
31. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 11:31 Frags4Fun

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 10:20:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 10:18:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:57:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:38:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:17:
That's unfortunately not how shit works in the gaming industry, kid. If SW Battlefront turns into a success then we'll see a bunch more casual multiplayer focused half-baked crap games squeezed out of EA's anus in rapid fire mode.
We will also see more SW games coming out to coincide with the movie releases. We all know how well that has worked out in the past. The movie is the deadline and they will release the games no matter what.
This is EA after all who have the exclusive deal with Disney for a few years to come. Good luck hoping for quality Star Wars games. You're gonna need it.

Kid? I'll take that as a compliment. You're probably younger than me and judging by your trolling know-it-all attitude that I've seen from day to day, I'd say that much to learn, you still have.

HAHA, yeah, most people make that mistake about my age based on my youthful and cheerful postings . So let's make a little Star Wars puzzle out of it... when Episode IV: A New Hope arrived at cinemas I was about five years old. You?

I watched it at the drive-in with my parents when it came out.

OK, then scratch "kid" and replace by "old geezer"

Yeah, that seems about right.

29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 10:18 Frags4Fun

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:57:

HAHA, yeah, most people make that mistake about my age based on my youthful and cheerful postings . So let's make a little Star Wars puzzle out of it... when Episode IV: A New Hope arrived at cinemas I was about five years old. You?

I watched it at the drive-in with my parents when it came out.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 09:43 Frags4Fun

That Franklin video was hilarious!  

22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 09:38 Frags4Fun

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:17:
That's unfortunately not how shit works in the gaming industry, kid. If SW Battlefront turns into a success then we'll see a bunch more casual multiplayer focused half-baked crap games squeezed out of EA's anus in rapid fire mode.
We will also see more SW games coming out to coincide with the movie releases. We all know how well that has worked out in the past. The movie is the deadline and they will release the games no matter what.
This is EA after all who have the exclusive deal with Disney for a few years to come. Good luck hoping for quality Star Wars games. You're gonna need it.

Kid? I'll take that as a compliment. You're probably younger than me and judging by your trolling know-it-all attitude that I've seen from day to day, I'd say that much to learn, you still have.

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 08:16 Frags4Fun

I hope that this game is so successful that all the other devs in the gaming industry will take notice and we get a bunch of Star Wars games in the future. I'm not even sure if that's possible though due to licensing. Someone on Blues must know how that works.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 17:34 Frags4Fun

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 16:44:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 15:25:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:06:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 11:28:
Yup, PC gaming is dead.

Edit: With just those concurrent users and the gaming being $60, they've already made over $18 million. I bet that they have actually made much more than that.

I agree PC gaming isn't dead, but it's no secret why they don't launch initially on PC. These numbers are a fraction of what they did on consoles.

Yeah they are.

They sold 45 million copies on console, many of those at full price. I'm sure they sold a million or two on PC, but they're nowhere near the console numbers or revenue.

Oh, that's what I was saying too (console sold way more for sure). I actually bought it on Xbox and PS4 at full price and am going to wait on getting it for PC.

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 15:26 Frags4Fun

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:24:
Orogogus wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:22:
Also, I'm pretty sure a fair fraction of those people didn't pay $60. There have been deals going on for $30-46, right on launch day.
I think he was referring to the Steam version which hasn't been on sale.

Zactly! Thanks SpectralMeat!

27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 15:25 Frags4Fun

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:06:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 11:28:
Yup, PC gaming is dead.

Edit: With just those concurrent users and the gaming being $60, they've already made over $18 million. I bet that they have actually made much more than that.

I agree PC gaming isn't dead, but it's no secret why they don't launch initially on PC. These numbers are a fraction of what they did on consoles.

Yeah they are.

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 11:28 Frags4Fun

Yup, PC gaming is dead.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2015, 11:48.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 14:52 Frags4Fun

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 13:43:
@ Vern & Frags,

From the article:
Earlier this month a prosecutor from the Denver District Attorney’s Office was asked to review the case but she declined to press charges because there was no reasonable likelihood of conviction and no victim had been identified.

Thanks jdreyer. I guess I missed that part.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 10:51 Frags4Fun

So... this guy should be arrested for sex crimes and put into the sex crimes database, right? Why isn't this being treated as a sex crime? Why wasn't that even considered during the writing of the article? Have we been gradually programmed into thinking that this sort of thing is ok? If anyone else did this, it would be a crime.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2015, 10:58.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 08:28 Frags4Fun

I can't see a difference between those screenshots and the PS4. I imagine that much of the quality is lost when not seeing it on an actual 4K display. Plus it look like they were downsized (Thanks JeffD).

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2015, 08:33.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 14, 2015, 15:01 Frags4Fun

Verizon trots out analyst to say unlimited data is bad for customers.

Oh Verizon... Do you think that we have forgotten how you're basically shoveling mountains of cash into your coffers? Are we supposed to ignore that fact that you got all kinds of multi-billion dollar breaks from the government over the last few decades to improve infrastructure and make your services accessible to everyone (which you didn't do)? With all that cash and enormous profits and all those breaks, you should be able to upgrade your networks to support uncapped plans for all users. It's sad that we are so far behind other countries when it comes to our ISP's. The fact is that you are a bunch of greedy liars. Nice try though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 14, 2015, 14:36 Frags4Fun

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 14:22:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:15:
Destiny House of Wolves DLC won't feature a new Raid.

This game is doomed.

This really shocked me. The biggest issue destiny has is lack of content at the moment and this just makes it worse. They said they're working on a new raid for late this year.. I wonder how many people will actually be playing this game when the people who have been playing since September have all items/max level already. This expansion means that they'll release a few other guns but really, maybe a month of extra content. It's pretty bad news considering a raid usually adds 2-3 months of in game work for content minimum.

A lot of people like myself already bought the expansion. This should warrant a refund I would think, unless they intend to give us the raid when it is finally done. My guess is that they will look to sell it to us even though we already bought it.

I enjoyed the game at first but got so tired of grinding. I soon realized that there was really no end-game content other than the two raids (which none of my friends wanted to do because of the huge time sink) so I saw no point in all the grinding except for wasting time. The PvP is pretty meh.

If it had open world PvP with factions, that would be cool.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2015, 14:53.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 14, 2015, 10:15 Frags4Fun

Destiny House of Wolves DLC won't feature a new Raid.

This game is doomed.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 11:40 Frags4Fun

Quinn wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 11:28:
I know it's only one hour, but after reading this news I feel raped in the arse by an unrealistically huge penis.

12AM BST = 1AM CEST. I thought the game would unlock for Europe at 12AM. I have to wake up tomorrow at 7AM for work and planned to give GTA V a good 1 hour try before running to bed.

Motherfucker. MO.THER.FUCKER! I just know I'll be agitated as hell tomorrow at work, knowing I haven't been able to even start up the goddamn game yet while all the world is shooting hookers :'(

The good news is that I'll have my MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING videocard tomorrow evening. Bought it at an official retailer for €489,- ($516,-). On the Dutch market, at least, that's a 22% discount. I got this discount because the card didn't fit in the previous owner's PC. Fucking ace =D

Can't you unlock it early with a free South Korean VPN? It's worked for me a few times.

EDIT: NVM - It's a global release (Unlocks the same time everywhere).

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy
25. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 11, 2015, 21:41 Frags4Fun

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:46:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:41:
Any word on consoles?

Huh...I wasn't aware that filthy console peasants were literate, let alone knew what a "word" is.

I would be willing to bet that this peasant has a better gaming PC than you as well as having owned pretty much every console ever made. Oh, and my dad can kick your dad's ass.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy
18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 14:09 Frags4Fun

Jivaro wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 13:47:
nin wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 13:04:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:47:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:43:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:41:
Any word on consoles?

Yes. They suck.
win

Don't listen to The Peasant.

lol..awesome..

LOL! You guys crack me up!

After being an exclusively PC gamer for like 20 years, I decided that I needed a change.

The primary reason why I decided that I needed something different was because we have a toddler in the house now and she made sitting at a desk very difficult. I like being able to just drop the controller and tend to my child. Also, having a toddler means that I have a very limited amount of gaming time. There's a second kid on the way so soon I will have even less time.

I also discovered that many of my old friends that I grew up with were all connected via PSN/XBox live (they live all over the world) and there's a large party of them on every day of the week. Most of my friends don't have gaming PC's nor do they know how to build and maintain them.

The third reason that I moved to console was that after working in IT solving problems all day, I really don't have the energy or the desire to tinker with my computer like I used to. Some of these games require hours of tweaking and searching forums to get things all set up the way I like them. I have a practically new computer with SLI and Nvidia Surround but it just doesn't do it for me any more. Playstation and XBox is simple. You just fire it up and the next thing you know, your gaming.

Oh, and wireless controller and headphones are really nice.

I may return to PC gaming eventually but for now, I'm enjoying the console scene.

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo