Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Frags4Fun

Real Name Frags4Fun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frags4Fun
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2011, 00:55
Total Comments 757 (Graduate)
User ID 57016

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
2. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 20:00 Frags4Fun

These CDPR guys seem like jerks.

/sarcasm

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
13. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 11:22 Frags4Fun

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 28, 2015, 10:55:
Uh I doubt he's talking about including the price of a monitor with a new pc, as most people already have one or hook it up to an existing HDTV.

You're probably right and this guy was only referring to the tower.

Does anyone know if the Rift comes on at boot or if it only comes on after the OS loads the drivers? If it only works after the drivers load then a monitor will be required to configure the BIOS.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
3. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 10:05 Frags4Fun

I thought they said a couple weeks ago that one would need a GTX 970 to run it? That's $350 of the budget gone.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could build a full PC, including monitor, KB/M, and so on for $1500 and include a Oculus Rift. Maybe if they buy a piece of junk CPU and get the crapiest components. I smell bullshit.

I suppose that a person may not need a monitor if the RIFT can be used for Windows and such. Can anyone chime in on this? I wouldn't want to use the Rift for day to day desktop tasks.

CPU: $300
RAM: $100
Motherboard: $130
PSU: $100
GPU: $350
Case: $100
HDD: $80
Mouse: $50
Keyboard: $10
Monitor: $200

Total: $1420

Sure, a bit more could be scraped off but it would be a basic system even at these prices.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2015, 10:20.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Massive campaign uses router exploit kit to change routers' DNS servers. May 28, 2015, 09:19 Frags4Fun

Nuhauser wrote on May 28, 2015, 01:15:
Know what I'm doing as soon as I get home.

Uninstall Chrome?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spring Patch Tuesday
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Spring Patch Tuesday May 24, 2015, 21:40 Frags4Fun

I was very bitter after the sketchy release of BF3 and then again for BF4, but I have to hand it to DICE for trying to make things right.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Xbox One Windows 10 update coming 'post-summer.' May 22, 2015, 08:08 Frags4Fun

Its implementation on Xbox One, however, will allow for cross-platform play between Xbox One and PC, and let developers easily port Windows 10 apps to console.

We often here this talk about cross platform play and it never pans out. The only way that this will be allowed is if MS opens up the ability to use kb/m in all their games on the Xbone. Not gonna happen though.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 21, 2015, 19:29 Frags4Fun

I'm glad to hear that the FCC may be doing something about privacy. Tom Wheeler is my hero this year.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
20. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 15:03 Frags4Fun

Aero wrote on May 21, 2015, 14:01:
The cut scenes do seem to have a stuttering problem. It's probably a bug or poor implementation of something rather than a typical performance problem. They don't stutter all that much for me, but definitely enough for it to be annoying.

Yeah, those cut scenes are lagging on both of my computers and on my PS4. It seems like there was a problem when they were rendered.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2015, 20:06 Frags4Fun

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2015, 19:39:
HoSpanky wrote on May 20, 2015, 17:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2015, 17:37:
So the author only plays decade old games and a few INDY titles? (Next to Witcher 3..)

That's pretty much what I got out of it.

His complaints about Steam are....pretty weak, honestly. "I have to be online to set offline mode!" and "It updates my games without asking me!" (which you can turn off, but he apparently doesn't care to look into things like that). I'm assuming this is a guy with a laptop who travels a lot, and wants to be able to play games when he's on the road. That's fair, but even then, he could hotspot to his phone to set Steam to offline mode.
And, as already stated, the only recent game he'll have to play is Witcher 3. Considering his apparent lack of internet connectivity, A huge solo RPG is likely right up his alley, but once he DOES finish it...then what? It honestly feel more like this was cooked up by GOG themselves, considering how excited he is over a barely-functional games portal.

Addendum: You can't turn auto updates off anymore, only pause them, which prevents your game from starting if one is queued.

Do they really not allow us to disable auto-updates? Is this true for all games? What about my modded Skyrim? I haven't been on PC much over the past 6 months so please excuse my ignorance on this.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
58. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 19:22 Frags4Fun

double post. oops  

57. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 19:03 Frags4Fun

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:41:
Ok, played for a couple of hours, going through the tutorial and messing about in the first village was fun.

Game froze for me when I wanted to rest or rather 'meditate' for a second time for a couple of hours. Other than that game runs pretty smooth with everything on high and textures on ultra @ 1080p.

My system: i5 3570K@4Ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX760 4GB, Witcher3 on Toshiba 120GB SSD.

So far so good, lets hope the freezes don't happen too often. Oh yeah, didnt download the latest drivers, maybe that has something to do with it.

I tried with the old drivers and it was a bit sluggish on my GTX 680 SLI rig (27-37 FPS in the first battle). After installing the latest drivers, I got better FPS (47-60 FPS in the first battle). It might have just been the SLI profile though. I'm also on 1080p but with max settings (except hair). I'm gonna try it tomorrow on my R9 290x.

I also tested with the Sony DS4 controller and it works very nicely.

Update:
Looks like I can get a smooth 60 FPS (locked in game) with the following-

All Post Processing options on
Hairworks off
Background Characters/Grass Density/Foliage: High
Everything else: Ultra

On a single 680 I get a wopping 30-45 FPS so maybe it was just the SLI profile that helped me out.

Anyhow, I hope this helps someone.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 19:25.

49. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 14:51 Frags4Fun

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 13:40:
Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 13:20:
InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 12:42:
Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:46:
I'm playing with a gamepad on my HTPC in the living room and its pretty twitchy for sure, I'm going to see about tweaking sensitivity later. Can't agree with you about the graphics at all, I've got everything cranked and fully modded Skyrim never looked this good.

Verno, does the game handle better with a K+M or with a controller? Im seriously bad with controllers, but I would be willing to put the effort in to get to grips with it if its worth it.

I don't know, I'm only using a gamepad with Steam Big Picture since I'm playing on my HTPC in the living room. Game is way too gorgeous for a small screen

Precisely the reason why I want to try the controller!
So? Is it worth it?

I intend to try it with the DS4 controller tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. I have a 360 controller as well and will try that if the DS4 has issues.

I found that the DS4 works great for Witcher 2. I've been playing that for the past week. I program it with InputMapper.

6. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 08:11 Frags4Fun

I started the tutorial on PS4 and it looks great and the controls are nice. Higher than expected FOV. Almost too high.

They made some changes to combat by adding a quick-step maneuver along with the old dodge. Witcher spells look and act a bit different. They also changed how he detects hidden things.

Overall it looks good but I had to finish the last chapter of A Storm of Swords before going to bed. To anyone who's read the GoT books, I was not expecting that ending. WOW!!! I'm also trying to finish the second game (on PC) before I get into 3 but I'm only halfway through chapter 2. I procrastinated on 2 for so long.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse May 18, 2015, 15:57 Frags4Fun

HorrorScope wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:27:
Running out of Internets. Timely for all the politics going on right now.

I was thinking the exact same thing. How convenient for them.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 18, 2015, 12:03 Frags4Fun

nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 11:43:
that must be why in a US city where I can choose between AT&T and Comcast that I was able to choose a third alternative

You /= everyone.

I can't believe I engaged him. I'm sorry.

^This!

I have one choice for Broadband and it's Time-Warner. There is no alternative and I live <10 minutes from the capital of my state.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 18, 2015, 10:57 Frags4Fun

InBlack wrote on May 18, 2015, 02:44:
Frags4Fun wrote on May 18, 2015, 00:09:
Wait... this asshat hacks a planes flight computers with possibly hundreds of civilians on board over populated areas and he's not in F***ing prison!? WTF!?

Thanks to this person, people are now aware of this issue. You want to put him in jail. We have one paragraph, that was probably taken out of context and a culture of "shoot first" ask questions later. Bravo.

So you believe that it was better to boast about this on Twitter than to alert the airlines so that they can silently fix the problems before more people can exploit it? Do you think that this isn't sensitive enough to keep it secret? Do you really believe that he shouldn't be punished for being so careless?

He didn't seem to have any intention of doing the right thing.

I would expect a person working for the FBI to be a bit brighter than this idiot. I suspect that the kid is just a liar anyways and he never actually did as he claimed.

Why are people not held accountable for their actions any more?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 18, 2015, 09:35 Frags4Fun

recently detected by Blizzard

Seriously!? Recently? It's been well known for many years.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 18, 2015, 00:09 Frags4Fun

Wait... this asshat hacks a planes flight computers with possibly hundreds of civilians on board over populated areas and he's not in F***ing prison!? WTF!?

And who the hell thought it was a good idea to link the entertainment systems to the flight controls computers!? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

I get the feeling that this guy is full of shit.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs
3. Re: Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs May 15, 2015, 10:07 Frags4Fun

That's... ummm...strange. Seems like a slap in the face to the PC crowd. "Hey, our game is 3 years old on PC, to celebrate, let's give some buffs to the console players". Da-fuq!? Seriously?

I leveled all characters (except Monk) to 70 on PS4 but the end-game is pointless. I hope that there's another expansion coming.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
82. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 13, 2015, 11:40 Frags4Fun

InBlack wrote on May 13, 2015, 03:02:
Then I read part of the review again. Apparently you CAN take on multiple quests but they "DONT SCALE" to your level. Which means that you can get your butt kicked if you wander off into the unknown. Wait what?

Since when is that a negative?? This is how oldschool RPGs did it, and they did allright, scaling is for pussies. Let me get some satisfaction from completing a much more difficult quest than should be possible for my level!!
_____^^^
This right here.

I miss those old RPG's that did it like that. I loved how you could only go to certain areas in Gothic if you were strong enough otherwise you'd get crushed. It added more mystery and fear to the game. It made the player more cautious. I would level up a few times and then go try those harder areas again and rinse and repeat as necessary. I've always hated how more modern games level everything up along with you. That results in the player not feeling like they are getting any more powerful for the most part.

757 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo