Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Frags4Fun

Real Name Frags4Fun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frags4Fun
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2011, 00:55
Total Comments 642 (Apprentice)
User ID 57016

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
16. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 15:47 Frags4Fun

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:16:
Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:10:
I thought that I read that this game was coming to PS4 at some point. Anyone know anything about that? I've pretty much left my practically brand new gaming PC to collect dust in the corner in favor of the ease of console gaming. Blasphemy, right!?

It was going to be released on PS3 and 360, but they eventually decided against it. I wouldn't hold your breath on a next gen version either.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
13. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 15:10 Frags4Fun

I thought that I read that this game was coming to PS4 at some point. Anyone know anything about that? I've pretty much left my practically brand new gaming PC to collect dust in the corner in favor of the ease of console gaming. Blasphemy, right!?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2015, 11:20 Frags4Fun

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 09:28:
They're going to focus on making a game for their sequel? Amazing hahah.

Beat me to it. LOL!

News Comments > SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week
32. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 24, 2015, 08:39 Frags4Fun

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 20:09:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:15:
Redmask wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:52:
Awesome, more stuff I will see once and probably never again.

Oh, you'll see it. Might just take a while though. Remember, everyone there works on "Valve time."

Honestly, I'm glad there's competition, and that Gabe is using his money for innovation rather than just hookers n blo. Some of these initiatives will probably fail, or may have already (Steam machines?). But I think that controller concept has promised, and I'll be glad if the OR isn't the only choice in VR hardware.

The mention of Steam machines reminded me that I was looking for the current best way to stream games from a PC in another room to the TV in the living room. I'm thinking mainly of console-ish games like Rogue Legacy, Monaco, SpeedRunners, etc., that we can play with a controller. I've been looking at Razer Forge TV as a potential solution, but not sure what else might work. Just needs to support wireless controllers and be low-latency enough to play action platformer type games where timing is important. Anyone know of any good solutions?

I simply ran a $30 50' HDMI cable from my PC upstairs down to the living room TV. I then ran a USB cable to the living room as well but I need 2 cheap $10 USB hubs in the middle to keep the signal alive. The only reason I ran the USB was for mouse and keyboard. The wireless 360 controller worked even with the controller plugged into the PC upstairs. I just set my 1080P monitor and TV to duplicate.

It worked very nicely.

As far as streaming games with something like splashtop, don't bother. It's terrible. I wasted a lot of time on that.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
65. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 24, 2015, 08:26 Frags4Fun

So many people here seem to miss the point entirely. This lawsuit is not about whether or not 3.5GB is enough for gaming (for most people it is enough). It's about a company cheating it's customers by claiming that the specs on the hardware are higher than they actually are. It also doesn't matter that this might have been a communication issue within Nvidia (that's their problem, not the consumers). This is about people getting what they paid for and not some bait and switch.

And the people who say that nobody needs more than 3.5GB have never ran triple 1080p monitors (or higher) in surround. And no, VRAM doesn't stack in SLI.

Sometimes people need to stand up for what is right even though they may be happy with the product. If companies can get away with such blatant lies, who's to stop them from taking that a little further next time and then pleading ignorance again?

Stop being apologists and stand up for your rights. Why defend a corporation when they wouldn't do the same for you?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 09:21 Frags4Fun

Pr()ZaC wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 05:38:
Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 13:31:
Bullied by office jerks? Well tell them that the Jerk Store called and it's running out of them! Wry
Seinfeld quote?
If that's the case... I had sex with your wife!

uuummmm his wife is in a coma.

News Comments > Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview
19. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 10:07 Frags4Fun

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:55:

Goddamn it. Im so envious. I actually want to play the PS4 version of Diablo3 because it sounds like it's actually fun. (How do you chat in game though? I imagine it's quite hard without a keyboard)

I was on the fence about this game for a while but it's extremely fun. My wife went and bought it on the Xbox 360 so that she can play when I'm using my PS4 for other games.

I only play with friends and we form a party for voice chat. I may need to explore the other multiplayer options though because I'm probably missing out.

18. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 10:03 Frags4Fun

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:54:
I'll put it this way: the last one I got (Thanks Complicity!) I had to kite around the map for upwards of 10 minutes, as I slowly whittled down his 3 million friends he brought with him.

Uuuuugh. I'm only a level 37 crusader or a 30ish Demon Hunter so I would have to run unless it was tailored to my level.

15. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:50 Frags4Fun

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:46:
Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:44:
nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:33:
Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:30:
Do these patches roll out on PS4 as well or do they do a separate patch for consoles since they are so different? Sorry for the ignorance. I just started playing this last week.

PS4 patches tend to be about a month behind the pc release. They include most of the same things, except for seasons.

Also, we can trade to our hearts content. I actually prefer it to the pc version now, especially when Those Motherfucking Nemesis start showing up.

Thanks nin! I have no idea what a nemesis is though. Going to look it up.

Basically when someone on your friends list who plays is killed by a white level monster, there's a chance it hops into a portal (blink and you miss it) and shows up in someone elses game, as a boss.

When the controller starts rattling, and you hear this low chanting/moaning, you MIGHT want to clear whatever area you're in, as things are about to get crazy.

edit: And they always show up at THE WORST time, right when you're in the middle of something else. I suspect this is not an accident.

edit again: If you look at the bosses name, you can see which of your friends it belonged to, and if you manage to kill it, you get a nice drop for you and your defeated friend as well.

LOL! Kinda like the goblins who always show up when all hell is breaking loose.

13. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:44 Frags4Fun

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:33:
Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:30:
Do these patches roll out on PS4 as well or do they do a separate patch for consoles since they are so different? Sorry for the ignorance. I just started playing this last week.

PS4 patches tend to be about a month behind the pc release. They include most of the same things, except for seasons.

Also, we can trade to our hearts content. I actually prefer it to the pc version now, especially when Those Motherfucking Nemesis start showing up.

Thanks nin! I have no idea what a nemesis is though. Going to look it up.

EDIT: Oh wow! that sounds really cool. Now I just need more friends who actually have and play the game. One of my friends got a gift last night and neither of us knew how. Now we know and knowing is half the battle G I J.... oh nvm

11. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:30 Frags4Fun

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 18, 2015, 15:12 Frags4Fun

I always get a good laugh out of those interview videos. The Nvidia 970 one was hilarious.  

News Comments > WoW Patch Next Week
13. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 14:24 Frags4Fun

m00t wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 14:07:
LFR groups are obnoxious prima donnas who are also terrible but don't seem to know it.

So true! Your comment just brought back a bunch of bad memories which are actually funny now.

11. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 14:03 Frags4Fun

m00t wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 13:56:
Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 13:40:
Someone please explain how gathering is dead? That was one of my favorite things to do in WoW and if it's dead then it would actually be sad for me. WOW had the best gathering imo.

Gathering is largely dead because anyone can gather without the gathering skill. It all happens in your garrison. You get essentially nothing for having the skill.

Mining, Herbing, Skinning can all be done by people w/o the skill via their garrison buildings. The skill just allows you to gather in the outside world. But really, just level an alt and gather on them if you need more materials.

Thanks for the explanation, m00t. That sounds lame. More of the constant dumbing down of a once great game.

I actually have a character in every slot and have all the trade skills but I haven't played since March of 2013 when they killed multiboxing in battlegrounds and dungeon finder.

9. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 13:40 Frags4Fun

Someone please explain how gathering is dead? That was one of my favorite things to do in WoW and if it's dead then it would actually be sad for me. WOW had the best gathering imo.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2015, 11:55 Frags4Fun

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 10:26:
NSA hid spying software in hard drive firmware, report says.

... and you wonder if it came like that from the factory.

I've actually read that the NSA intercepts laptops, routers, switches, and other devices to plant malware and other crap when they are on the way to the customer. They must work with the shipping companies or the manufacturer to pull that off.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 17, 2015, 08:38 Frags4Fun

I picked up Diablo 3 on PS4 to play with the Mrs on Valentine's day and it's been an absolute blast. We're both hooked on it. I may need to get a second PS4 for the wife.

I played the beta on PC and wasn't all that thrilled about it but this PS4 version is so much fun. I even talked some of my buddies into grabbing it and they're hooked too.

The newer Crusader class is a beast! I haven't even come close to dying on hard mode since my life constantly regenerates. The other classes I've tried are a bit more challenging.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 15:28 Frags4Fun

I've watched quite a few of his videos and most of the games he hates on are total garbage and deserve to be bashed. Sure, he gets a little carried away but I think it's hilarious. It sure as hell beats being an apologist and a fanboy like so many other youtubers. Whether you like his opinion or not, at least he's being honest.

I don't always agree with him though. When he was bashing Dark Souls for PC because of the M/KB issues, I wanted to tell him that they work fine if you get the user made fix.

There have been several instances where I have bought shitty games and then gone looking for his or Zero Punctuation or Angry Joe to get a laugh from them and not feel so bad about wasting my money.

The gaming industry has been putting out junk for years and I think we actually need more people like this guy imo.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 09:26 Frags4Fun

Glad to see Mack's Worth a Buy reviews.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2015, 09:34.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2015, 18:05 Frags4Fun

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 17:57:

"It's for your own protection"

LOL

642 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo