Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thelemite

Real Name Thelemite   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Thelemite
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 5, 2011, 04:16
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 57011

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development
58. Re: Consoles Became Nov 1, 2011, 18:06 Thelemite

Battlefield 3: The Day of Defeat Calls the Medal of Honor for Duty Edition - Now With Even Better Concrete and Mud Textures!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic
8. Re: Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic Sep 13, 2011, 16:15 Thelemite

The Old Republic: Homosexuality guaranteed, gameplay not included.  

News Comments > Origin EULA Amended
23. Re: Origin EULA Amended Aug 27, 2011, 21:18 Thelemite

If you guys hadn't swallowed Steam as willingly as you swallow Twinkies, a lot of the stuff you blubber about wouldn't exist. Blame yourselves for lacking both foresight and self-control.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
73. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales; Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 23:54 Thelemite

So we've gone from Capture the Flag to...Capture the Ball?

I'm still waiting for an MMO developer to create a Skinner Box battleground. Two teams go head to head in a lever-pulling contest to see who gets more pellets!

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
43. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 17:35 Thelemite

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 14:07:
I'm probably in the vast minority of people that didn't like Quake 2. Didn't care for the Strogg thing AT ALL. It almost seemed like they were trying to fuse Doom into the Quake IP. I thought the DM was too slow, and they balanced the guns to the point of stupidity. Why get a big gun if there is no advantage? The guns also took up far too much space in the viewport.

Q3A repaired the bridge for me, though. It seemed more like Quakeworld updated for hardware acceleration.

Though I still miss that F-ed up fusion of tech and medieval architecture.

And the Super Nailgun. That thing was badass.

^D^

Oh, Quake 1 servers were still plenty busy after Quake 2 came out. There were plenty of us who refused to switch to Quakeworld (client-side prediction + 33.6K modem connection = serious chop), let alone Quake 2. Input lag aside, pre-Quakeworld Quake 1 was the smoothest online FPS ever.

I still maintain that the rocket launcher in Quake 1 was the perfect FPS weapon. They gutted it in Quake 2 and tried to bring it back in Quake 3, but there has never been a weapon as fun to use as the original Quake's rocket launcher.

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable milking of id Software's old franchises. They'll never be able to recreate the Doom single player experience or the Quake multiplayer experience. The chemistry that lead to those experiences has been lost to the sands of time.

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
19. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 12:54 Thelemite

Beamer wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 12:16:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 11:57:

Raven never disappoints.

^D^

Except for pretty much everything since Hexen II.

Amen. I had fun playing Soldier of Fortune 2 online, though. I always wondered if Quake 4 had a decent online component, but I was a WoW addict when that game was active.

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
9. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 12, 2011, 16:10 Thelemite

So they're doing an HD remake of the shitty MDK rather than the classic one?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
110. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 16:42 Thelemite

All of the bitching in the world isn't going to stop this. The seeds were planted years ago with Steam. Always-on is the logical end result of the shift to digital distribution. Some of us tried to warn you, but you were too busy making fun of us and calling us paranoid to listen.  

News Comments > WoW Drops More Subs
71. Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 5, 2011, 00:18 Thelemite

And thus begins the great MMO crash of 2011. Huzzah!  

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo