Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for EddieTheHack

Real Name EddieTheHack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2011, 15:39
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 57007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
13. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 16:01 EddieTheHack

Why are all the BF3 tards still raging about origin? It just one of many options for getting the game digitally. The neckbeards really need to lay off the rageahol. Also, why does a DLC for COD4 need auto updates Activision?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM E3 2011 Playthrough - Changes Detailed
13. Re: XCOM E3 2011 Playthrough - Changes Detailed Aug 27, 2011, 10:54 EddieTheHack

BioShock was a decent enough game. BioShock 2, not so much.

When I sit back and take off the rose tinted glasses that shade every game I loved back when I was a child - the thing that to this day sticks out about UFO and XCOM was the fear. Maybe fear is not the right word but its close enough. It was not 'spooky monster' fear but more 'can't find your child at the grocery store' fear. It was a mix of being scared,adrenaline, and uncertainty. Of course back then it took very little to really get me going and today I'm a bit jaded.

Pulling this game off will not be easy. 2K is walking into a franchise that is very near and dear to many gamers. Without a doubt this project can be pulled off - I just don't think 2K marin can do it. They had a rich universe to draw from for BS2 and they turned it into another run and gun. No doubt they would make a great COD clone but that is not what XCOM is about.

I hope I am surprised. I really do. I'm not getting my hopes up.

News Comments > GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal
7. Re: GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal Aug 26, 2011, 17:31 EddieTheHack

venomhed wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 17:26:
Someone fucked up, maybe one of those Game Advisors (How stupid is that title?)

$50, ouch, AND buy 2 get one free? Shit thats a good deal, at least the $50 is. Take and bail.

^this

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailers
12. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailers Aug 26, 2011, 17:29 EddieTheHack

They'll get around to that with Counter-Strike 2, which will probably be bundled with an expansion to Half-Life 3 around 2020.

Only 2020? I was figuring it would ship around 2120....

8. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailers Aug 26, 2011, 12:08 EddieTheHack

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 11:30:
Dust on pubs and Dust in clan matches are two entirely different things though. There is no reason to get rid of Dust, it's very well balanced when played with the intended amount of players.

You are absolutely right. Clan and Pub are two different experiences on dust, or any other map. Dust is also very well balanced. The problem is I see no need to buy a game that has almost exactly the same content as the game it is being positioned to replace. I have played around 1,400 matches on dust over the years and im sick of it. Im sick of all the official maps to be honest which I why I dropped out of my clan and quit playing the game all the time. I still jump on from time to time but not like I used to. Valve is aiming this at competition and bringing in the console kiddies. Any CS:S player worth his roster position knows the maps blindfolded. Its bad enough using a controller whithout playing against a group of people who have thousands of hours of experience in the maps. I just want some new official maps to learn. Most of all, I never want to play dust again.

I love how PC gamers constantly bitch about how COD is 'the same game every year' and yet when a new CS game is coming out with the EXACT same maps those voices are silent. Better textutes and Molotov's - thats all this is. Unless the game is $1.99 at launch its not worth it.

5. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailers Aug 26, 2011, 11:26 EddieTheHack

Aside from the fresh coat of paint and UI changes this does not have me excited anymore. CS has always been my goto game because of the skill it takes to play. I was really hoping that GO would update the visuals but keep the underlying mechanics. As it stands right now GO is a texture pack. Also, please for the love of God and all that is holy get rid of dust. I have played so many matches on it I have had dreams about that friggin map. It would be nice to get an entirely new set of maps to have to learn that are in the official rotation. The game may as well be called Dust since thats what CS:S turned into.  

News Comments > Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP
16. Re: Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP Aug 24, 2011, 14:13 EddieTheHack

"Yo, bobby! Im real happy people are buying your games, Imma let you finish but DICE is working on one of the best games of all time. Of ALL time"  

News Comments > Fable IV in 2013?
6. Re: Fable IV in 2103? Aug 22, 2011, 14:17 EddieTheHack

I saw the date and at first I though Valve had given a release date for EP3......  

News Comments > Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch
36. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 11:43 EddieTheHack

I honestly could care less about TDM. I can count on one hand the number of times I have played something other than conquest In BC2 during the 230 or so hours I have spent playing since release. As long as all the conquest maps run at 64 players its all good. If there is a mix of player counts spread across all the maps things are not going to be fun. I wish EA would release solid details about the admin options we can expect with the servers we rent. I know most of the BC2 clan's are planning on renting BF3 servers, mine included, but some concrete details from EA would be nice. Even its just a 'it's pretty much like MOH's program' would work. Pricing information would be great as well. Our host says they will be renting out servers but they will not give pricing info. It would be nice to know if one can afford 10 servers slots or 25 slots. Ah well. Beta starts soon enough!  

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released
14. Re: CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released Aug 18, 2011, 12:13 EddieTheHack

DangerDog wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 11:46:
Still a bullshit excuse, if they want to offer it as an "option" that can be enabled/disabled for people who want or need that kind of content protection then fine. Otherwise don't require always online connection just to use the editor.

What universe do you live in where content creators would not want to have absolute control over who has access to their product before launch? This is not just for making levels. This is for making games. In the context of making games it not only makes perfect sense - its very surprising that both UDK and Unity have not implemented a similar feature yet. Virutalized content development has many risks that come with the territory. One of the biggest problems teams have is a developer leaving the project and then dumping everything they had online. Black Mesa had exactly this problem a while back. There are numerous examples of disgruntled former team members dumping projects online. This brings the chances of a leak down to nearly zero. If you had any experience working on a game you would be able to see just how nice this actually is to have.

10. Re: CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released Aug 18, 2011, 11:27 EddieTheHack

MajorD wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 09:12:
SirKnight wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 22:23:
Cool. But what about making Crysis 2 maps?

Because they want to make their own maps and sell them as DLC - they don't want the competition. I know, I know, I am stating the obvious; sorry.

The crysis 2 SDK has been out for a while. There are several single and multi-player maps that have been released.There are also a few full blown TC's in progress as well.

9. Re: CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released Aug 18, 2011, 11:25 EddieTheHack

Its not so much that the internet connection is a DRM consequence but rather a content control mechanism. Crytek will be implementing a team feature shortly that allows managers to add and remove people from the team. All content created in the SDK is encrypted - this is why you need to log in. If your working on a game and you suffer a leak, whatever gets leaked will be useless to people not on the team. The always on feature is only for asset control at this point. Crytek has fully addressed this on the crymod.com forums.  

5. Re: CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released Aug 18, 2011, 00:54 EddieTheHack

get the crysis 2 SDK if thats what you want to do. Its been out for over a month now.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support
17. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 14:45 EddieTheHack

"because it's an open platform and has some challenges." This is just dev speak for 'Our primary platform has as much processing power as a graphing calculator - so when you run assets designed with that limitation in mind on a system with loads more power it is really hard to make things look nice, especially when your core engine tech is a decade old. I think we are going to take a page from crytek's crysis 2 handbook and just flood the screen with bloom and glare to cover up our inadequacy. Folks can't bitch about visuals when they are hidden behind a blob of nondescript post-processing.'  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
21. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 13:12 EddieTheHack

i need a fresh set of boxers now...and a towel.  

News Comments > Last Call for Free Brink DLC; Splash Damage: Brink Has "Done Alright"
5. Re: Last Call for Free Brink DLC; Splash Damage: Brink Has "Done Alright" Aug 16, 2011, 00:17 EddieTheHack

I played brink during the steam free weekend and was seriously considering buying it until I discovered that there is no possibility of ever getting community produced content. The levels that shipped with the game are interesting enough the first couple of times you play through them. The problem is that they get old quick.

If Bethesda/splash damage is really interested in supporting the game and the community - a great place to start is by releasing the SDK and tools. Games with vibrant user communities do better and sell more. I have bought games simply to play/produce community content. ID has done very well, in part, because of their dedication to their player community. Valve is another success story largely driven by a rabid fan base that gets consistent and timely mod support.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light E3 Trailers
5. Re: Metro: Last Light E3 Trailers Aug 11, 2011, 10:06 EddieTheHack

I hope the weapons system does not end up being dramatically changed to make it feel more like COD's. One of the best things was the tension that built up around your crappy gun possibly overheating during a fire fight. With multiplay being included i'm not to optimistic through.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
48. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:23 EddieTheHack

The point i was making was: If I buy a game, I had better be able to play it whenever I want to. Blizzard keeps those servers up because there are still active player communities. I'm sorry if I don't trust Bobby to keep authentication servers up well after it quits making financial sense to do so. Once I pay money for a game I expect to be able to use the game whenever I want to - just like a film or book. My single player experience in no way should be tied to the whims of accountants. With always on drm a company is actually increasing their post sale carrying costs. The servers,staff,electricity, and bandwidth to keep authenticating accounts cost very real money. This is hardly a silly hypothetical. EA just dropped official servers for several games - which is fine because you can still play the game. These companies have a vested interest in finishing off a game as quickly as possible under this business model. Economics 101 buddy...  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
29. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:05 EddieTheHack

The issues I have with all this 'always connected' BS is this: What happens when a company's next game comes out? Do they shut down the authentication servers and remove my ability to play the game I already bought? What if the company gets sold? What if they shut down? Sure there are some benefits but the potential risks are simply to high at this point. We are being asked to 'trust' these companies. They need to earn it. The only way I'm comfortable with this model is if the game is a freemium title. I'm fine if spending money on the title is optional since I have no promises of perpetual access to the content. It is inevitable that this will happen - but a very honest dialogue has to happen first. Questions need to be asked and answers given. Real answers - not marketing bull mess. While on the subject of perpetual access to content - I feel another Commander Keen play through coming on...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2011, 11:01 EddieTheHack

Brine is always the way to go for chicken. Grilled, Fried, Roasted, it does not matter. Check the food.com postings and play around till you land on one that your fond of. I made the mistake of using my chicken brine recipe on turkey for thanksgiving last year. My grandmother has now made it my life long responsibility to always cook the turkeys for family gatherings. Be careful with the brine. With great flavor and juicy bird, comes many requests to make it.  

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo