Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for EddieTheHack

Real Name EddieTheHack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2011, 15:39
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 57007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support
31. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 8, 2011, 10:37 EddieTheHack

Drezden wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 01:05:
I love all the people who still want to pay to put Origin on their systems. Buying Battlefield 3 is just as bad as buying Modern Warfare 3 as far as I see it. Either way you're contributing to worthless shit.
I did not pay a cent to get origin installed on my system. After the EULA changed I went and downloaded it, transferred over all my EA steam serials, downloaded my games again, and have not had a single issue. Resistance is futile. If you want to be mad, then rage at valve for letting the digital distribution genie out of the bottle. The only way EA and other companies are going to stop pushing their own systems is once the full cost of the infrastructure begins hitting home. They saw the better margins coming from steam and thought "Hey, we should do this! We have some servers and a snazzy DSL connection so why not?". The best way to kill this is everyone jump on it at once. EA is banking on people not moving over until they have to. You will come over one day. You will have to if you want to keep playing games released by EA. Just squash this bug when its small and can't handle the load.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 7, 2011, 22:15 EddieTheHack

I was trolling Seriously though, I have an issue with Activision robbing the IW employees of the money they earned. It matters not what I think of the game - if you promise a performance bonus for a project you pay it when that project is done. Also, anything that would get Kiera Knightly anywhere near me is worth 60 bucks..  

5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 7, 2011, 21:35 EddieTheHack

I don't care if buying this game saves 4 kids from starving, helps end global warming, and comes with a coupon to get my bellend polished by Kiera Knightly - I am not spending one cent on another COD game. FFS if buying this game would cure my grandfathers cancer and make my dick grow an extra 3 inches overnight - i would still not buy it. I refuse to spend $60 on a COD4 map pack. ARMA III all day .

News Comments > 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders
2. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 7, 2011, 21:29 EddieTheHack

The content portion of BF3 is already done most likely. From here on out it is bug squashing and tuning. I am in the alpha and aside from some minor play balance issues I never ran into a glitch. All the play balance issues are stomped already so this release date won't impact anything. DICE has to much riding of BF3 for them to ship a buggy ass game (dead island...).  

News Comments > Hard Reset Demo
9. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 16:52 EddieTheHack

Pre-Ordered it. Had a blast with the demo, its a small developer, there is no drm, and it runs great. All the reasons I need  

News Comments > Hard Reset Demo
1. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 14:11 EddieTheHack

its fun. serious sam with robots and a cyber punk backdrop. Runs great on my old machine with a 9800gtx with everything maxed, 1080p, and MLAA turned on.  

News Comments > Dead Island Patched
37. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 11:37 EddieTheHack

Bard wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 10:38:
Incorrect my arse.

Why not admit what it really is - releasing a bad product to impact the zero day warez scene.

Holy 1998 batman. First time I have heard that expression in ages. If it was an intentional move it failed really hard. The major scene players already released an installer for the cracked update. I watched some youtube videos and the pirates have it sorted and running smoothly - with net play through hamachi.

Now that the game is fixed up proper and working fine I am thoroughly enjoying it. Aside from some minor hiccups during co-op I have yet to run into a bug.

Also: If your game is still not saving after steam updated it you need to go into your main game directory with the exe. Create a folder called out, and inside out create a folder called save . IDK why but these folder did not get set up on my puter the first time i ran their dev build.

News Comments > RAGE Specs
44. Re: RAGE Specs Sep 7, 2011, 11:27 EddieTheHack

Quit whining about consoleitis before playing the game. I played it QuakeCon this year and the FOV felt fine. I also never ran into any 'press x to continue' crap either. Its being made by id. Have some faith. Carmack has said a few times now that they are going to polish the PC version until it has to go live on steam - so that gives them an extra month of work time on PC version. PC gamers get idstudio at launch as well- just pull down the console and type it in. In no time you will be raging out about how everything is so complicated. Just by id releasing their tools package with the launch copy of the game should be enough indication that we are about to play a proper pc game.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage
20. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 20:30 EddieTheHack

Icewind wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 18:53:
With all the money they made off of the first one they couldn't be assed to do anything new? Same environment? Same enemies? Same animations? Good god man, this just looks like a piece of unreleased Borderlands 1 DLC. Are they seriously going to release this cut-and-paste job as a full fledged sequel?

Someone from the Dragon Age 2 team must have jumped ship and started working for Gearbox.

I know right. This is a huge problem in the industry. DICE totally copped out by setting BF3 on earth, AGAIN, and having you fight more russians. Clearly no effort is going into any sequels any more. It like these guys are lazy and decided to create a universe with continuity and then tell stories inside of it. I mean yeah, borderlands is set on pandora and given the pace of societal evolution its unreasonable to assume things would really change that much, but if gearbox was putting any effort at all into this SEQUEL it would have nothing at all to do with first game. Can you imagine how lame star wars would have been if there was any overarching universe, plot, characters, and specific locations tying all the films together? Same goes for the Harry potter series and everything else in the history of the world with a sequel. Its like these people are afraid to break continuity in something that is, by definition, a continuation of earlier works.... </sarcasm>

News Comments > Doom of Germany's DOOM Ban Explained
11. Re: Doom of Germany's DOOM Ban Explained Sep 1, 2011, 17:01 EddieTheHack

I lived in Germany for two years when I was in college and had a guy pay me 300 DEM (about 150 euros now) for 2 boxed copies of mortal combat. I miss the 90's. With digital distribution and high speed private proxy services German gamers can get anything they want. I have a mate in England that runs a paid proxy service for German Gamers and makes enough money that he does not have to work a normal job. Morally pointless prohibitions always make money for those willing to exploit the affected.  

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Not Yet Sold Out
16. Re: Call of Duty XP Not Yet Sold Out Sep 1, 2011, 12:18 EddieTheHack

If Activision would have called it brocon the thing would have sold out in a few seconds. Shit would have been sooo cash. They could have had a bags and beer pong tourney with a keynote speech on hair gel. Also, some xboxs.  

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Not Yet Sold Out
7. Re: Call of Duty XP Not Yet Sold Out Aug 31, 2011, 22:39 EddieTheHack

MrGrosser wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 22:11:
Is this surprising? They have denied 80% of their target demographic access to the show. And seriously.. an FPS can't carry a Con. You are just going to have a bunch of dudes running around with their knives out.. since every knows you running faster with your knife equipped.
Yeah you need way more than just an fps to start up a con. Imagine if id had made a 'quakecon' down in texas back in the day.......

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
21. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 11:30 EddieTheHack

This whole thing is a load of crap. "We have to build our experiences so we donít put the player in experiences where they can do bad things." - Then don't make a game about war. By definition war is a bad thing and bad things happen. If you don't want the player shooting unarmed kids either keep them out of the game or make the consequences very harsh - like an automatic mission fail or court marshal. If your striving for an authentic counter insurgency experience you have to be able to engage civilians - its a direct result of the 'bad guys' looking exactly like civilians until they pull out and AK and start shooting. When that happens, in the moment of combat, an innocent civilian might get shot. Its a cold fact of modern war that kids are now combatants and as such they get shot. It's not a good thing its just War. it's messy and innocent people get killed all the time. Want to change that? quit using oil.

This has less to do with youtube videos and more to do with what just happened in Norway. My money says there is behind the scenes political pressure to remove these elements from the game - if they were in the game to begin with which it sounds like. The last thing dice wants to hear is the next nut job praising them for making such a good game to practice killing civilians in. Ah well. Ill still buy the game.

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
19. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 11:19 EddieTheHack

Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 09:59:
No surprise. Better to avoid the controversy.

Hell, I managed to blast my way to a key NPC in Deus Ex last night and put 10 double shotgun blasts into his gourd. No death. That bugs me more...

Port wine stains make you impervious to gun fire. I was all WTF when I tried to off him. Just sat there while I dumped a clip into his face. BOO.

News Comments > More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues
16. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 13:29 EddieTheHack

Techie714 © wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 13:12:
Great post & totally agree. I actually enjoy ciphers but this is WAY out of my league, time, & enjoyment. Good luck to the guys that figure it out they should be working for the NSA..lol.

The more I look at this the more it seems like once the answer is found it will be funny it took more that a few days. Methinks a large collective facepalm is coming. Right now people are over analyzing it. I went so far as to open up the game files in a hex editor and run string searches hoping for some buried comment or clue. It's probably just some kind of l33t sp34k

News Comments > More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues
14. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 13:09 EddieTheHack

Tumbler wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 12:36:
If this ends up being some insignificant announcement, people aren't going to be happy.

At this point they better be adding an entire new hub to the game with at least 6 hours of gameplay. And dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs make everything better. Maybe its announcing a dlc pack where you get to aug up whatever dinosaur you want and then pit them in fights against other players dino's?

News Comments > Portal 2 PC Outsells Consoles
4. Re: Portal 2 PC Outsells Consoles Aug 30, 2011, 11:38 EddieTheHack

I wish gabe would quit giving interview and just crack the whip some to get EP.3 finished. Interviewers are afraid to ask questions about it. So what if he gets pissed off. If your going to interview him, don't lob softballs. Do your job. Be a journalist. Ask questions and do not let him deflect answers.  

News Comments > EA Not Planning Origin Exclusives
7. Re: EA Not Planning Origin Exclusives Aug 30, 2011, 11:27 EddieTheHack

BF3 requires origin to be installed on your system. Regardless of where you buy it or how you buy. That's an exclusive. This is like microsoft saying 'GOW is not an exclusive title because you can buy it several places. you just have to have an xbox 360 to play it'  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clue
4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clue Aug 30, 2011, 11:23 EddieTheHack

At first glance yesterday I thought it was just an ASCII cipher so I assumed it would be cracked by today. Apparently not. All I know is that it better not tell me to drink more ovaltine.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
14. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 16:02 EddieTheHack

Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 15:46:
Overon wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 15:45:
I'm not buying Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 unless it's on Origin.

I'm not buying Call of Modern Battlefield unless it's at Gamestop.

successful troll is successful.

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo