Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for EddieTheHack

Real Name EddieTheHack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2011, 15:39
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 57007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Patched
2. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Patched Sep 22, 2011, 23:20 EddieTheHack

so were still waiting on the patch that makes the game not suck...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
33. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 01:03 EddieTheHack

I wonder if bowling walks funny after meetings with darth kotick....  

News Comments > NCIS Game Next Month
17. Re: NCIS Game Next Month Sep 21, 2011, 19:08 EddieTheHack

I hope Uwe Boll is very involved with this games production.  

News Comments > NCIS Game Next Month
3. Re: NCIS Game Next Month Sep 21, 2011, 13:46 EddieTheHack

unless it has a Tyrannosaur involved homocide in it I'm not interested at all.  

News Comments > Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel
34. Re: Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel Sep 21, 2011, 01:01 EddieTheHack

Grifter wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 21:08:
What the heck are you talking about Crysis 2 sold more than 3 million units worldwide http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-26-crysis-2-racks-up-three-million-sales

My bad. I had number from 2 months after launch. Still, 3 million units is still less than what crysis did on one platform. The game failed.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F1 2011
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - F1 2011 Sep 20, 2011, 17:52 EddieTheHack

looks really nice but would totally be better with dinosaurs.

28. Re: Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel Sep 20, 2011, 17:33 EddieTheHack

Crytek used the money from their early success with farcry to rapidly grow the company. Part of their business model is becoming a middleware provider similar to Epic. CE1 never did anything aside from being used as a base for Dunia - which Ubisoft owns fully. CE2 got exactly 1 third party license and that game did a bunch of nothing. Crytek did 2 in house titles using 2 teams: Warhead and Crysis - they sold decently enough but not well enough to float a studio that has grown to 5 branches through buyouts. Whatever cash they had they spent on growing the company. CE3 is getting used for their in house titles only and has not landed a single AAA studio license. Crysis 2 did not sell very well aside from initial shipments and was a financial disappointment given how much hype and resources went into it - not even a year later and the game is effectively dead. Crysis 2 sold 835K units on 360, 590K units on PS3 and 210K on PC. That's a grand total of 1.635 million units. Warhead alone almost did that just on the PC. Crytek can not be in a fiscally stable position. They spent scads of money buying out other developers and have spent scads of money trying to fix CE3 and get the industry to use it - and its all be for nothing. Now they are building games to order from a 3rd party? If they are not nearly broke they will be soon. EA does own crysis. Its theirs and they control it. The Yerli brothers are idiots when it comes to business. Crytek would rather buy studios than self finance future projects and remain independent and stable. They could not float the 30-50 million it takes to make a AAA game on their own because of idiotic management decision rooted in staggering arrogance on the part of the Yerli brothers. They could have done something amazing, but instead they have been reduced to turning tricks for second rate publishers.  

22. Re: Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel Sep 20, 2011, 14:36 EddieTheHack

EA does some retail distribution for valve and that's about it. EA owns the crysis franchise like ubisoft owns the far cry franchise. Valve has all IP rights to their titles and final say over everything, crytek is the publishers bitch. EA controlled the Crysis 2 purse strings which is why a buggy pile of shit shipped instead of an actual game. Valve is hardly inbed with EA. Crytek on the other hand jumps on whatever dick comes through the door with cash.  

20. Re: Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel Sep 20, 2011, 13:04 EddieTheHack

I always thought homefront would have worked much better in a sandbox approach. About the time you wound up in that suburban rebel camp is the time the game should have taken the training wheels off and let you go. It was a very cool premise with poor execution. I doubt crytek is going to do anything worth while with the franchise and with crysis 2 being the benchmark game for their tech - your going to end up with a buggy pile of shit that no one plays after a month or two. Crytek grew too big much to fast and the quality has nosedived as a result. Thats what happens when you jump in bed with EA. THQ is no better as pub. They canceled the avengers and green lit this turd?  

News Comments > Gone Gold - RAGE
35. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 19, 2011, 00:44 EddieTheHack

Ant wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 11:05:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 10:49:
I have never seen a game written by id software that sucks balls.

Very much looking forward to see what JohnC's been up to these last few years.

^D^
You played it already? For me, it doesn't look that good since it looks your typical FPS with pretty graphics. However, I haven't played it so I could be wrong after trying it which is why I need a playable demo.

I got some seat time with it at QuakeCon. It was just a taste, but it left me wanting more. Id has always done typical FPS - and this is a massive departure from what they usually do. The world really feels alive and it feels massive. There is just a bunch of stuff going on. Part of me wanted to stick to the story and part of me just wanted to wander around and explore. I was glad I pre-ordered after getting to mess with it some. I would be shocked if a demo gets released for Rage because I do not see how you could just lop a section off the game because of how it is structured - The only way to demo it would be to have the entire game because of the lack of discrete levels. It would go a long way towards selling a ton of copies if they let you have the game for like 4 hours of play time on steam. ID is one of the last studios that I will buy a game from without playing it first, they have yet to not do the right thing.

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
25. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 14:06 EddieTheHack

Surf wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 12:39:
Like I said earlier, bugs and exploits? The game has little, but the imbalance the snipers have is infuriating. All EA?Dice has to do is this:

"Lets see, what are the metrics of the classes and what does the public favor?:

Assault: 20%
Engineer: 15%
Medic: 15%
Sniper: 50%

HMMMMM, wonder if there is a problem here?"

Ya EA you dumb shits, the Sniper is over powered! God damn, and it has been since day one. Perfect aim, no bullet drop, no sway, NADA.

As yourself this. If Snipers were this effective in the real world, why didn't we just send 1000 snipers to Afghanistan and take the country over in 30 days with zero civilian causalities?

What draws people in to using the sniper class is the mortar. I normally play as either a medic or a sniper depending on the map. When I am playing as a sniper I am not using any of the sniper class specific weapons. G3 with a 4x and mortars. I think what would fix things is forcing snipers to actually use a sniper weapon. If that happened lots of guys would quit using the class. BC2 is not MW2 and your not going to be getting no scope head shots running around a map. I have shot thousands of rounds on my M95 and AR-30M at long ranges. The bullet drop in game is pretty close to what I see IRL. Most of the sniper shots in BC2 are short range shots under 400m. At that distance a .50 or 338 lapua has a basically flat flight path to target. I use my AR for Elk hunting and I zero my scope to 350m. Those short distances just don't give enough time for gravity to dramatically effect the flight path because the round is supersonic the entire time. Unless your going for a moving target it is a point and shoot affair under 400m. Wind is another story - but again with a short flight path it usually not a big issue.

I agree though, the sniper class need to be reigned it. Forcing class specific weapon use would go a long way towards fixing it. As it stands right now my clan just limits snipers to 2 guys per team on our servers. Hopefully things get fixed someday.

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
22. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 11:02 EddieTheHack

loomy wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 23:49:
bfbc2 is totally broken and has basically never been patched

this patch must be the consequence of some executive briefed on bf3 learning that there was another game like it out there and maybe it could use some work

thanks for the token patch now that the game is imminently obsolescent

Have you ever played the game or do you just enjoy talking out of your ass? DICE did a great job supporting BC2 for the most part. Yeah, the server browser is rotten but thats really it. I have 400 hours logged on the game and I have seen maybe 3 guys that were cheating and they all got banned.

If you want an example of totally broken look at Red Orchestra 2. That game is a heaping pile of shit. Thankfully I traded my copy right away on steam.

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
8. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 22:35 EddieTheHack

Nate wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 22:04:
EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 21:54:
Its funny watching GameStop skitter around like an ant, too and fro, attempting to avoid the fate it is destined to fulfill. They really are grasping at any thread of relevance and screaming how much gamers need them, all the while viciously lashing out at their demographic like the petulant child they are. Good riddance Game Stop. You will not be missed. No tears will be shed. Your just another failed paradigm on the ash heap of history. Say hello to beta max for us.

GameStop bought Impulse. Their stores may go away slowly. As long as people buy from Impulse, they will still exist.

Selling their own brand of tablets does seem skitterish though.

Impulse brings no value to the table or unique content. GameStop is strictly a retail outfit, and as such they missed the digital boat given their position as a retailer. EA can launch and sustain origin because they create content. Valve launched and grew steam the same way. GameStop has nothing. Streaming games may take off at some point but that's further down the road than GameStop's legs can carry them. They will continue to be marginalized right into extinction. There is no market demand for impulse. There is no market demand GameStop branded tablets - owning one of these abominations is like having 'twatwaffle' tattooed across your face. I'd wager that almost no one does business with GS because they want to - for used games they are a de facto monopoly in many areas. Lack of options is this chains life blood. Given the prior bad blood GS created and the many options in the digital space they must move into - They are effectively dead. Care to wager if they will exist at all inside 5 years?

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
6. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 21:54 EddieTheHack

Its funny watching GameStop skitter around like an ant, too and fro, attempting to avoid the fate it is destined to fulfill. They really are grasping at any thread of relevance and screaming how much gamers need them, all the while viciously lashing out at their demographic like the petulant child they are. Good riddance Game Stop. You will not be missed. No tears will be shed. Your just another failed paradigm on the ash heap of history. Say hello to beta max for us.  

News Comments > Gearbox Seeks Borderlands Feedback
10. Re: Gearbox Seeks Borderlands Feedback Sep 9, 2011, 10:11 EddieTheHack

I, for one, would like to see a DLC pack for the first game that gives it a proper ending. Also, a new keyboard. To be denied the moneyshot after that boss fight cost my keyboard dearly Mr. Pitchford.  

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
10. Re: Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public Sep 8, 2011, 15:27 EddieTheHack

That a programmer had the stones to include that raises the games standing in my mind. This political correctness garbage really has begun to cross the line into absurdity. Besides, its not like any feminist whores will ever even see this to be by offended by it - what with all the not making sandwiches and time spent horizontally lobbying politicos.  

News Comments > Activision: Call of Duty Elite "The Difference Between Social Gaming and a Community"
21. Re: Activision: Call of Duty Elite "The Difference Between Social Gaming and a Community" Sep 8, 2011, 13:11 EddieTheHack

gaming used to have true communites. Then the console kiddies ruined it and the publishers egged it on. Dedicated server support is a great way to begin fostering a sense of community - but you can keep the shitty subscription based message board. I will gladly chip in on clan costs - but handing over more money to a pub to play a game I bought will never fly.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Online Pass Sep 8, 2011, 13:07 EddieTheHack

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 12:09:
Bandwidth has 0 cost? Thats complete nonsense.

Read and weep
http://fishtrain.com/2008/01/17/the-impact-of-bandwidth-costs/
Nice article from almost 5 years ago. Back then, yes bandwith cost more than it did now. Today the price per GB is well under a dime and getting lower. It's not free, but it does not cost much.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2011, 10:52 EddieTheHack

Its nice to hear online pass is not making money because it sure as hell is not making gaming any better. My dad plays xbox ( i know - he is 64 so lay off me please) and the only games he owns is Bad Company 2 (he pre-ordered BF3!!) and since they started muffing around with their server he has gone from always being able to connect to EA to almost never. It is stupid how bad it has gotten. I feel bad for the guy. He will sit on the couch re-starting his 360 for as long as it takes for him to get on. I think EA hates old people. Plain and simple. Its all a conspiracy to slowly drive my father even more insane.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support
32. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 8, 2011, 10:47 EddieTheHack

justice7 wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 10:05:
I have come to the conclusion that Blues posters don't like ANY games.
There are plenty of games we like. Problem is, most of us are old school guys. I have been coming to this site since it launched in 99. Blues, redwood, sugar shack, voodoo extreme, and planet quake used to be my daily round first thing after school. A lot of blues gamer remember the days when multi-player, dedicated servers, mod support, lan support, a proper FOV, and quick developer response were not thought of as some kind of revolutionary feature - they were expected. Doom launched my gaming habit, DWANGO enabled it, Quake made me a junkie, and bluesnews was my favorite pusher.

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo