Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for EddieTheHack

Real Name EddieTheHack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2011, 15:39
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 57007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
19. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 21:20 EddieTheHack

Its kung fu panda but without jack black.... WOW died after BC. This just stinks of Activision sucking as much money from the basement trolls as they possibly can. Thanks for the memories blizzard. It sure was fun back in the day. Titan had better be something special.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Oct 11, 2011, 14:09 EddieTheHack

Is there anyone playing this online? 9.99 seems a bit steep for 4 maps that no one was asking for and no real community exists to pick up. If anything this is going to kill whats left of its player base by fragmenting it. Take this horse out back and put it down already.  

News Comments > Afterfall: InSanity Preorders
6. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 13:43 EddieTheHack

thats one hell of a trick. that being stated - i bought 3. why not, i paid for RAGE and this can't be any worse.  

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
65. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 00:59 EddieTheHack

mlw wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 00:34:
Carmack: "We do not see the PC as the leading platform for games,"

Me: I don't see id as a leading developer for games. In fact, far from it.

Here is the difference though: id: shipped genre defining titles, created the technology powering the most successful franchise(s) in the history of gaming, and has exerted more influence on vendors than another single company. you: random troll on the internet who's opinion proves how far up his own ass he can get his empty head.

PC is the leading tech platform - but PC's are an open ecosystem and much harder to develop effectively on. More power means more complexity means longer development cycles and higher costs. In the world we live in today, money is what matters to companies. The money is in consoles for several genres of games. That PC development still gets AAA SKU's at all is almost amazing right now. It's a mine field filled with a bunch of pathetic, rage filled, forum trolls who constantly rage about everything because its not how they would have done it. All hail the glorious PC master race - drowning in its own self loathing.

News Comments > Notch: Mojang Offered "To Give Up the Trademark" for Scrolls
16. Re: Notch: Mojang Offered Oct 3, 2011, 23:12 EddieTheHack

fela wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 23:11:
Yup this is when you have a nation run by lawyers and fictional entities (corporations)that own language.

The only way to win is not to play.
Corp's are legally people in the us. its disgusting.

14. Re: Notch: Mojang Offered Oct 3, 2011, 23:09 EddieTheHack

Krovven wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 21:52:
EddieTheHack wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 21:35:
Except for that part where Mojang is attempting to trademark literally every single instance where the word 'scrolls' might ever be used.

I haven't read the legal stuff, so if that's true, then Mojang gets what's coming to them. But my understanding was they just tried to trademark "Scrolls". And if they were trying to trademark every possible use of "Scrolls" then why would they have offered up to not trademark Scrolls at all and instead trademark “Scrolls: <some subtitle>”, to which Bethesda said not good enough.

So please link where it says they tried to trademark any instance of Scrolls.

use google to grab a copy of the original filling. Their application covers everything from digitally transmissible media to clothing.Also, blue liked the kotaku article which has links I think. Not sure since I have not read it.

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
12. Re: More id RAGE Midnight Madness Oct 3, 2011, 21:41 EddieTheHack

Aero wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 21:31:
I'm pretty excited. Since I 12 years old playing Wolf3D, a major id release was a Big Deal. In fact, memories of my adolescence can almost be partitioned around id releases.

Of course, it isn't nearly the same these days. I don't really get all that excited about video games in general anymore, and my expectations aren't all that high, but there is definitely a little part of me that has that same feeling when I was running home with the shareware version of Doom on a couple of floppies, or waiting the hour or so it took to download the five-odd megabyte Quake test demo (god, that seemed to never end).

Good times.

^THIS^

My youth was broken up by ID's games. They were all I played and cared about. I have only ever finished Doom as modding the games became my main focus. I am glad ID is jumping back into the fray with a title that looks every bit as awesome as everything else they have done. I was nervous until Carmack confirmed mod support and Tool at launch - then I went out and pre-ordered it. There are reviews up if you are willing to use google translate (I have seen 2 Swedish sites post reviews so far). Both sites gave the game 8/10. I got seat time with it a quakecon and this is easily the best effort id has put forward to date by a very large margin. I will be up all night since I have the next 2 days off work.

5. Re: Notch: Mojang Offered Oct 3, 2011, 21:35 EddieTheHack

Krovven wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 21:23:
It's just more legal bullying from Bethesda. Hopefully they will lose this, just like they have lost every time in the Interplay case(s).

Except for that part where Mojang is attempting to trademark literally every single instance where the word 'scrolls' might ever be used. If Mojang gets the copyright on the word 'scrolls' Bethesda is in a deep pile of crap because Mojang could go after them for just having the word in their games title. When it comes to a companies bread and butter they are not going to take the good intentions and word of someone if they potentially have the power to royally fuck things up. Even the very idea of copyrighting a single word is stupid. Notch is Tim Langdel. You can't own a commonly used word. Period. If mojang would have called this something else with multiple distinct words and then tried to copyright it this case would not be happening. I hope Bethesda cleans Mojangs clock for even trying this crap.

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
6. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 15:04 EddieTheHack

I get this random geometry bug. If I use iron sights and then switch out of them I get skinny triangles radiating out in a circular pattern with the end sight as their point or origin. It was funny at first but now it leads to rage.  

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
4. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 14:56 EddieTheHack

I saw these servers when browsing the servers. Aside from the player count being off there was nothing to indicate that they were anything other than kosher to play on. If ban's are a potential consequence EA must make sure that there is NO possible way a person can ever connect to these servers without taking deliberate actions outside the scope of simply browsing for games or hitting the join match button. If anything this shows that battle log is not ready for public consumption. These servers are gone now but the fact that they ever showed up proves just how poorly implemented and under cooked this entire thing really is. It is bad enough I have to rely on EA's website to connect to a game, its even worse that the site is apparently beyond to scope of EA's brain trust to get sorted out and properly working.  

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
27. removed Oct 1, 2011, 20:55 EddieTheHack

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 2, 2011, 12:26.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
8. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 18:08 EddieTheHack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 17:32:
Wow...that is a kick to the balls of PC gamers and the people that made him all of this previous money and fame....Gamestop? Really? A console store? Why not promote a local PC game store or at least a big box store that sells PC games.....

There will be a very large % of the people there that don't even know who he is!!!!! I am sure it will even take a while for him to get noticed!!!
What local PC game stores? Wal-Mart, target, and best buy are the only places that carry physical boxed copies. More to the point though: what PC gamer actually buys physical copies of their games anymore? The world has changed. Grow the fuck up child.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
26. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 18:48 EddieTheHack

They should switch up a few elements in the MP demo to remove references to duke and release the MP beta under a different name. Screw gearbox. If gearbox cared at all about restoring the franchise they would be pushing this forward and out as fast as possible. There is almost no good will towards DNF and gamer's have a very sour taste in their mouth. The classic game still has it's fans and supporters (as well as an active mod community to this day). After the disaster which was DNF - the IP owners really need to show the community some love. They were doing this by allowing a community project to get developed - at no cost to them - under license and released for free. I have seen some leaked shots from the game and it looks miles better than DNF. These guys are real fans and they have real talent. Maybe that is part of the problem: Will a major developer allow themselves to be totally upstaged by a group of dedicated fans working for free?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Analysis
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Analysis Sep 27, 2011, 11:00 EddieTheHack

this is a really pointless article. Its the beta test: Dice has repeatedly said that it is not representative of what to expect. This is more a server and back-end test to make sure a Gears Of War 2 type fail train does not leave the station. That being said - I have a day to get back to wasting.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2011, 15:45 EddieTheHack

I have only been having speed issues with youtube since G+ fully launched. I am betting certain data centers are struggling with the torrents of fresh data spilling in and localized slowdowns are happening when the video you want is in the same data center as a G+ server cluster.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Patched
28. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Patched Sep 23, 2011, 13:03 EddieTheHack

Krovven wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 12:53:
ASeven wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 09:24:
Trolling like hell indeed.

No, see trolling is what you were doing in the BF3 threads talking about RO2.

But when someone talks about RO2 in an RO2 thread and shares their opinion about that game, you call it trolling. Moron.

I've heard nothing but bad things about RO2 from all except the most die-hard fanboys...like ASeven.

Fantards are fantards. The honest reviews out there have all trashed the game for what it is. Not what it may be some day down the road at an undetermined point in the future which may never arrive at all if TWI goes bankrupt. The positive reviews are all reviewing what they hope the game will be - all of them have a line similar to this "While the launch has been rough so far with many show stopping bugs, poor performance, boring visuals, horrible server browsing, and a broken cover mechanics and movement system: TWI has always supported its games well. No doubt one day they will have RO2 fixed up nicely." I have even seen mods being mentioned as a reason to pick up a copy. Are you serious? A modded up turd is still a turd - and while everyone says "Oh man, I'm going to do [insert dime a dozen idea here]", not much cream ever floats above the crap. This game is busted at its core system level - no amount of mods and user generated content can fix this until TWI get's programmers who know what they are doing.

27. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Patched Sep 23, 2011, 12:56 EddieTheHack

Verno wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 12:32:
I always reformat my system when I hit a performance snag, totally believable Angel
I try to blast my windows partition off every month or so. It only gets used for gaming at this point so the impact to myself is minimal. Have you seen how quick you can build a ghosted volume on a SSD? I execute a scrip and by the time my coffee is done brewing I have a fresh win partition to clutter up again. SSD to SSD data transferring is bonkers fast. It almost makes it fun

22. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Patched Sep 23, 2011, 12:05 EddieTheHack

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 11:57:
EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 11:53:
You are some kind of idiot bro. I have a GTX 590. The game looks like COD 2 and plays like a slide show.

There might be some other problems with your system then. I have a single GTX 570 and the game runs at around 60-90 fps with every graphical details maxed out at ultra settings 1080p rez.
That's what I thought. So I reformatted my system, installed the latest drivers, and still get dramatically bad FPS. UT3 looks much better than RO2 and has larger maps with much more detail - its rare for my system to dip below 200fps with everything maxed. RO2 is running at 40-60fps while looking terrible and having much less going on. Its not my system. It's TWI's crap programmers. Their reach far exceeds their grasp. They really should have used UDK to develop this. You can't break core engine functionality and royally mess things up to the point they are presently at. For some reason TWI saw fit to go and mess with systems that no other UE3 projects bother touching since the systems work. There is a reason their programmers were not in the industry already: they should have stuck with office software.

18. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Patched Sep 23, 2011, 11:53 EddieTheHack

Zoom wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 11:32:
RO2 is playable and a fun experience already.
The morons who whine about performance have subpar hardware and put everything on ultra. Then proceed to complain that it doesnt run as well as crappy console games.
Hint: this is a PC game, not a console port. The level of details on each map is enormous, with LOS extending to the horizon (weather allowing). Add 64 players running around... They modeled every little stone that litters the streets in 3D, the destructed wall edges also have every small detail.
So yeah, it will stress out your 470 and core 2. Running a moderately powerful setup here, and everything runs smooth on high detail (my vid cards are not up to date).

You are some kind of idiot bro. I have a GTX 590. The game looks like COD 2 and plays like a slide show. Tripwire can't write proper code. I have been playing BF3 since the alpha trial started and my performance has been spectacular - as it should be. Tripwire can't fix the problems they made inside of UE3 because they are just a mod team, that's it. This game stinks of immature developers and horribly written code. Rather then hire real programmers to fix their mess - they are stripping detail out of their already empty maps. I have run the game in a profiler and my systems is sitting idle most of the time (better the 50%) just waiting for whatever garbage code TWI needlessly added to get its act together. I have 6 cores and yet RO2 only uses one. Every other UE3 game is properly threaded because UE3 is engineered from the start to work on multicore systems. That means TWI actually had to go into the code base and break the threading. TWI also shipped the game with a ton of stuff compiled to debug profiles - that's a mistake first year unpaid interns make and then get canned for. Get your tongue out of TWI's butt already. The game is a joke. The player base is already declining and this game will be dead shortly. Who cares about mod tools when the base game is such a turd? TWI is not going to fix this mess because they lack the skill and talent to do so. TWI fantards are like gollum only instead of a ring its a piece of shit.

4. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Patched Sep 23, 2011, 00:38 EddieTheHack

Aero wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 00:17:
Yeah, that would be nice. Surely it will come one day though.

It will probably cost $20 by then though, so I probably should have waited.

I would hope they fix this hunk of junk at some point. With the graphics looking like COD2 yet running like Crysis on 7800, the single player being a joke, and the multiplayer being worse than the first game you have to wonder what tripwire spent all that time doing. I canceled my pre-order during the beta when it was clear that tripwire was not listening to any critical feedback. I played the final release on my roommates computer and instantly knew I made the right decision. A few bugs is ok, a broken sub-alpha pile of excrement is not.

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo