Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SAM ROGERS

Real Name SAM ROGERS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2011, 22:57
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 56999

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Speed Hack?
27. Re: Diablo III Speed Hack? Oct 1, 2011, 08:36 SAM ROGERS

yuastnav wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 08:22:
SAM ROGERS wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 08:10:
Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:42:
Well it's good they have their always on DRM to prevent this, right?
Rolleyes

Maybe I'm being stupid - but since when did DRM have anything to do with stopping in-game hacks?

DRM is about making sure ppl pay for the game right? Any game, DRM or not can be subject to in-game hacks...

At last! A temporary cure for ignorance!

So technically I was right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Speed Hack?
25. Re: Diablo III Speed Hack? Oct 1, 2011, 08:10 SAM ROGERS

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:42:
Well it's good they have their always on DRM to prevent this, right?
Rolleyes

Maybe I'm being stupid - but since when did DRM have anything to do with stopping in-game hacks?

DRM is about making sure ppl pay for the game right? Any game, DRM or not can be subject to in-game hacks...

News Comments > From Dust DRM Also Always On?
43. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 28, 2011, 19:18 SAM ROGERS

Prez wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 00:23:
TurdFergasun wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 23:09:
so you support the bullshit with your money, then crack it? glad to see you're a man of principles working towards something better, as long as you're getting what you want out of the deal who gives a shit right?

Hey Mr. High Horse, some of us don't give a shit when it comes to "working towards something better", whatever in the hell that may mean, when it comes to gaming. I know this might sound crazy, but sometimes we want to game without going on some holier-than-thou moralistic crusade. If you want to, then more power to you, but I'll save the crusading and moralizing for more critical endeavors, thanks.

Long time lurker (and gamer) - this comment resonated so closely with my own point of view, I had to create and account and big up the Prez.

Bottom line (however naive/simplistic others may think this view may be) for me is - "Is this game fun?". If DRM is the only thing that impacts the "fun" then the developer (or more likely, publisher) fucked up and I might well go the route of paying for a product but resorting to cracks/hacks to workaround the roadblock.

That said, I love the debates we get on Blue's on issues such as these and they are a welcome distraction during the day job (software dev for one of the biggies - unfortunately not gaming related...).

Reading this back, I haven't really contributed here, but now I've introduced myself in a fashion, perhaps I'll pipe up some more in future discussions...

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo