Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gadzooks

Real Name Gadzooks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gadzooks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description yar yar
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2011, 18:07
Total Comments 140 (Novice)
User ID 56987

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer Shows Past & Future New Content
3. Re: Dying Light Trailer Shows Past & Future New Content Jul 23, 2015, 11:48 Gadzooks

Techland is still giving the middle finger to the modding community, as well as refusing to put decent video options into their game allowing things like true removal of motion blur, chromatic abberation, lens flares, etc.

Cant support a developer who seems to care less about their customers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month Jul 18, 2015, 15:36 Gadzooks

Ubisoft, "at least we gave out free DLC when we goofed up this bad..."  

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
23. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 12:29 Gadzooks

I dont doubt they will be able to create a "fix" patch for the main issues preventing players from running the game at an acceptable performance.

However, the pc port has been neutered compared to the console version. Comparison screenshots show how much nicers the PS4 version looks compared to the PC. Even when they patch the game, its doubtful that all of these missing aspects will make their way into the PC version of the game. The 3rd party they outsourced too didnt build the game around them, and its probably not realistic that they can just "patch" them in.

To make Batman AK as good (or better) on the PC, as it is on the PS4, in all aspects, is going to require them to build the game over again, from the ground up. And that just isnt going to happen.

News Comments > WildStar Goes Free-to-Play
8. Re: WildStar Goes Free-to-Play May 28, 2015, 13:08 Gadzooks

Yay... now I can experience the overly bloom saturated world for freeeeeee!!  

News Comments > Borderlands Drop Rate Increases
9. Re: Borderlands Drop Rate Increases May 27, 2015, 13:02 Gadzooks

I have over 700 hours playing BL2 and BLPS with my son. Love the games. My only gripe has ever been the absolutely HORRID drop rate system.

Finding an uber secret loot chest, opening it and only finding white items sucks. Killing a mega boss and only having a blue item drop sucks.

The legendary drop rate change is very needed. In my 700 hours of playing, we have only seen 3 legendaries. Considering there are over 100 unique ones, and countless generic legendaries available, this is just pathetic.

Overall, the entire loot rate needs to be re-evaluated. Chests shouldnt drop white items. Bigger, more difficutl to get to chest should have a 100% blue item in them at the very least. And bosses shouldnt be much different.

News Comments > Free Content Coming to Gauntlet
6. Re: Free Content Coming to Gauntlet May 25, 2015, 18:09 Gadzooks

Ant wrote on May 25, 2015, 13:32:
You know what this game needs? Mods and editors to keep it popular and alive.

Specifically a level editor.

The whole point of gauntlet was going through seemingly endless dungeons. This new version of the game, has a serious lack thereof.

User created dungeons would fix this.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 12:18 Gadzooks

The only aspect of this game that i was disappointed with, was hairworks. Its not that it doesnt look great (it does look great), its just that its such a huge hit to performance, even on a high end, i7, 980 system. Seeing your framerate drop to 38 or lower during average gameplay is just not good.

Other than that, this game is great. Hope the patch helps with the hairworks enough.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Coming West This Winter
3. Re: Blade & Soul Coming West This Winter May 20, 2015, 12:09 Gadzooks

Nothing like getting 3 year old MMORPGS released in the US and hyped as if they are brand new!  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 12:29 Gadzooks

I wonder if they are using the term "Broadband" in accordance to the new standards (meaning 25Mbps or faster).

Internet companies, at least the US, cant call their service "Broadband" anymore if its slower than that

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
17. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 12:27 Gadzooks

The game actually looks pretty cool

My only gripe is that they seem to have copied the group combat from assassins creed. The "everyone stand around while we attack him one at a time" combat engine. Meh. Would have liked the combat from batman instead, but if the rest of the game is top notch, ill still get it.

News Comments > Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced
4. Re: Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced Apr 23, 2015, 12:17 Gadzooks

This looks awful.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 18:33 Gadzooks

siapnar wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 15:32:
Gadzooks wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 15:25:
Now if I could just play for more than 40 minutes without the game crashing because its run out of memory, that would be great!
My buddy changed his page file to 1.5 x his RAM and he hasn't had memory issues since.

Also, I read about setting the priority of GTA to high and the launcher to low, but that actually caused stuttering for me

So wow... the game needs a 12 gig page file? Crazy. Ill give it a shot though.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 15:25 Gadzooks

Now if I could just play for more than 40 minutes without the game crashing because its run out of memory, that would be great!  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Beta 2
4. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Beta 2 Apr 20, 2015, 14:45 Gadzooks

Game doesnt feel like the older games at all. Too bad. It was unique then, and fun.

Feels more like a tweaked version of Smite. Not that smite is bad.

Now its just another shameless moba clone.

News Comments > Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today
4. Re: Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today Apr 6, 2015, 16:09 Gadzooks

What Fans want from Square:

A complete HD remake of FF7

What Fans will mostly likely get from Square:

Some F2P mobile game with the FF name.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Confirmed
33. Re: Titanfall 2 Confirmed Mar 13, 2015, 12:20 Gadzooks

This is what happens when gamers are willing to spend full price for only half of a game.  

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
15. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 12:16 Gadzooks

GRID needs at LEAST a 10Mbps connection. That rules me out. In my area the best I can get is 1.5Mbps because AT&T refuses to update their copper DSL wiring to something better. (and no, I dont live in the boonies). The US can really suck for internet.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox Jan 30, 2015, 19:15 Gadzooks

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 18:56:
Gadzooks wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 18:05:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 17:54:
That's pretty devastating for Borderlands and Gearbox in general. Listening to the characters in BL2 was a big part of what made me enjoy it so much because they were so goddamn silly with their meat bicycles and hearing Torque talk about how badass it is to treat a woman with respect.

I wish Burch could make a 'Mr. Torque's Power Hour' TV show. I'd watch the shit out of that.

Same here. There was a pretty noticeable difference between the dialog and writing of the pre-sequel vs BL2. Namely, BL2 was much more enjoyable for me from that aspect (gun play and action were about the same).

This is a pretty big blow to BL3. Gearbox is going to have to try an reproduce the "Spark" that BL2 had, and I dont think its something easily copied without the person that it came from.

Guess all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed and hope BL3 isnt just a bigger, more watered down version of the pre-sequel.

Gearbox should have sweetened the pot for him a bit more so he wouldnt be so tempted to leave.

Handsome Jack's writing and acting made that game for me. Made.

This was the guy whose sister was Tiny Tina, rigth?

Yup... and as for Jack.. the script + the voice actor = Best video game villian for the past 15 years. At least imo. Im so glad they have found clever ways to keep him around beyond just BL2s main story. (ie: doing a game, but in the past, and doing a DLC where the made up villian is jacks persona ie: dragon keep.)

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox
2. Re: Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox Jan 30, 2015, 18:05 Gadzooks

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 17:54:
That's pretty devastating for Borderlands and Gearbox in general. Listening to the characters in BL2 was a big part of what made me enjoy it so much because they were so goddamn silly with their meat bicycles and hearing Torque talk about how badass it is to treat a woman with respect.

I wish Burch could make a 'Mr. Torque's Power Hour' TV show. I'd watch the shit out of that.

Same here. There was a pretty noticeable difference between the dialog and writing of the pre-sequel vs BL2. Namely, BL2 was much more enjoyable for me from that aspect (gun play and action were about the same).

This is a pretty big blow to BL3. Gearbox is going to have to try an reproduce the "Spark" that BL2 had, and I dont think its something easily copied without the person that it came from.

Guess all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed and hope BL3 isnt just a bigger, more watered down version of the pre-sequel.

Gearbox should have sweetened the pot for him a bit more so he wouldnt be so tempted to leave.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
21. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 13:07 Gadzooks

Translation:

None of the DLC will be done by the time the game is released, because its the unfinsihed content we had to cut from the game, in order to release it on time.

140 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo