Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gadzooks

Real Name Gadzooks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gadzooks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description yar yar
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2011, 18:07
Total Comments 96 (Suspect)
User ID 56987

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Getting AMD Mantle Support
7. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Getting AMD Mantle Support Apr 15, 2014, 18:18 Gadzooks

Marketing Gimic is gimicky.

Move along.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Expedition DLC Next Month
8. Re: Titanfall Expedition DLC Next Month Apr 13, 2014, 18:56 Gadzooks

"The DLC's story will take place after the multiplayer campaign"

Wait... wut? Titanfall had a story?

I think this is breaking news to all titanfall players.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
24. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 11, 2014, 12:37 Gadzooks

Recipe to ruin a great game series:

- 1 hit indie game to start the ball rolling
- 1 follow up sequel adding polish, features and co-op to really enhance the fun
- Mix in several low priced well made DLC addons

- Let sit for 2 years to let the flavor set in

- Announce 3rd game in the series
- Make it a MOBA
- Make it Free 2 Play

- Stir vigorously for a few months.

Serve

Wonder why your meaty and hearty original series is now nothing more than a soup sandwich.

On a personal note, I hope this game fails hard. Its obvious the decisions to go moba and f2p are based off pure greed. I will not support decisions like this, even from a game series that I previously enjoyed.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
19. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 12:39 Gadzooks

Bungie beat Gearbox to the punch.

Destiny is where BL could have ultimately been heading. So much about Destiny resembles BL as far as gameplay and mechanics, but Bungie took it to the next level with the whole persistant universe bit.

SPOILER ALERT

BL2 finishes with the BL universe/world opening up in a way that would have allowed the series to be EXACTLY what Destiny is hyping to be.

I can only hope that Gearbox has big plans for BL3, and that this pre-sequel is just to bide the time for fans. Ill play this new game, and most likely have a ton of fun doing it despite the fact that I want to play a vault hunter, not a hyperion mercenary. If Jack is "back", I want him to be the enemy, not my boss. Dragon Keep did managed to do this perfectly despite the games main story conclusion.

ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT

And WTF Gearbox... Dragon Keeps ending led fans to believe that a DLC was going to take us to the Hyperion Moon base. The whole thing with interogating the hyperion soldier for the pass codes to get to it. What a huge let down when I heard that no more DLC was coming for BL2.

People like to talk crap about gearbox and the shoddy games they put out. Things like Duke and Aliens.... Just total letdowns. Ive always said that the ONE good thing to come out of Gearbox Software has been Borderlands. The people behind the first 2 games and most of the DLC have really done a great job. Sure, its not some players cup of tea, but its not because its a crap made game, it just means its not their style of game. Gearbox needs to stop trying to branch out, and just focus on what has been successful to them.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans?
12. Re: Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans? Apr 7, 2014, 12:11 Gadzooks

Always happy for more borderlands content. Such a fun, well made series.

Im going to view this more as DLC for BL2 however. I can see why it will be stand alone, not really fitting into the story of BL2, but it doesnt seem like its going to be enough of a leap to really be a 3rd installment.

This will help hold me over while I wait for BL3.

News Comments > WildStar PvP Trailer
1. Re: WildStar PvP Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 13:06 Gadzooks

There is quite a huge difference between the PvP the devs are trying to sell you with this game, and the actual pvp that goes on in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK65BUhNwPs

Actual pvp (the above video) doesnt look anything like the stuff hyped in this dev speak.

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
26. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 12:00 Gadzooks

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:10:
Why bother with aim bots just use the smart pistol!

This ^

News Comments > WildStar in June
6. Re: WildStar in June Mar 12, 2014, 12:06 Gadzooks

Love the trailers, meh about the actual REAL gameplay.

that and games with full screen glow effects with no option to disable it, should be banned.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
8. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 12:16 Gadzooks

Cant wait

This game feels like Max Payne 1 + Deus Ex HR + GTA all wrapped up in one.

News Comments > Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition
7. Re: Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition Mar 5, 2014, 20:00 Gadzooks

Ugh, Gearbox... just stop it. Stick to the one thing you are good at. Borderlands.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
16. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:02 Gadzooks

Its Call of Duty... with big robots... and Aimbot pistols for all.

News Comments > PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month
15. Re: PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 12:10 Gadzooks

The forgot to add a feature:

- Low polygon and low texture resolution graphics ported directly form the mobile game!

Mobile ports are even worse than console ports.

News Comments > Sacred 3 This Summer
4. Re: Sacred 3 This Summer Feb 19, 2014, 16:28 Gadzooks

Sacred 1 was semi decent, but kinda limiting. For the time period though, it was a nice alternative to D2 if you were burnt out on D2. It suffered from not having a piss poor system of playing multiplayer with friends.

Sacred 2 was just a mess. The mechanics, the attempt at a more 3d game, the silly game design choices, and of course, the BUGS.

Sacred Citidel brought me back to the days of spending time at the arcades, but wasnt anything like an ARPG. They just marketed the games name.

So I cant help but think Sacred 3 at this point, is going to disappoint fans of the original one.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
29. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 16, 2014, 12:39 Gadzooks

Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:18:
Panickd wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:14:
His theory is that any developer will eventually be able to put their games on Steam.

And won't that make Steam so wonderful to attempt to buy things from...

It'll basically turn it into any app store. Where there's a few good things buried amidst millions of pieces of crap.

And this is different than it is now? lol.

Games, in general, are crap. Go all the way back to brick and mortar shops, and most of the games on the shelf were crap. The challenge was finding the couple of decent games amongst the piles of crap.

Steam already has a slew of crap and junk games, no different than any other game retailer. If you are using steam as a virtual store front to browse through new games in hopes of finding a good one, you are doing it wrong. Instead, do this from your research on the rest of the web (this site for instance) and recommendations from other gamers/friends. Then, just use the simple search box on steam to find the exact game you want (you know, the one that isnt crap).

News Comments > Dungeonforge Trailer
1. Re: Dungeonforge Trailer Jan 14, 2014, 12:13 Gadzooks

Could be cool and fun.

Reminds me of the toolset for Neverwinter Nights 1, only a bit more streamlined for the world creation and such.

If the actual gameplay mechanics suck however, no one will care how many dungeons you can actually make with it.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans
6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans Jan 9, 2014, 12:39 Gadzooks

The weapons in this game feel and look like you are holding a giant LEGO brick.

News Comments > Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough
2. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 12:35 Gadzooks

Loved the past games, but something about the whole notion behind this one screams "multi segmented paid DLC"  

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
7. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 8, 2014, 12:42 Gadzooks

Its used in place of Directx 11. I remember when opengl was really the only other option. Wonder if this will start a new "war" of game graphics on the API level now. Be interesting to see if nvidia has any sort of similar offering.  

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
17. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:28 Gadzooks

InBlack wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 11:01:
I eagerly await the day when these hackers will get around to doing something infinitely more constructive with their talent then DDosing digital game retailers. Ok i get it. EA is universally hated by gamers but surely there are other more worthwhile targets out there if you really want to make a point??

From the sounds of it, it doesnt take much talent to do a DDos attack given the assortment of scripts and tools that do it for you.

News Comments > Demon Core Revealed
4. Re: Demon Core Revealed Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 Gadzooks

The AI seems pretty bad  

96 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo