Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gadzooks

Real Name Gadzooks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gadzooks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description yar yar
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2011, 18:07
Total Comments 115 (Novice)
User ID 56987

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 13, 2014, 03:21 Gadzooks

"FOR EVERY CHOICE, A CONSEQUENCE."

Yeah

If you choose to buy this game, you will hate yourself

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
123. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 16:52 Gadzooks

Microsoft, "Not sure what we should do, but things are looking grim"

Gates, "well guys, my suggestion, take the money you do have, fashion a lasso, and try to catch ahold of anything in hopes that it will keep the ship from sinking any faster"

News Comments > Raven's Cry Pre-Purchases
3. Re: Raven's Cry Pre-Purchases Sep 9, 2014, 15:27 Gadzooks

DRM on top of DRM

No thanks.

Companies that think they will benefit financially from using even more DRM, wont be getting my money. Outdated methods need to be made obsolete.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
9. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 12:21 Gadzooks

Borderlands is one of the few games out these days where the DLC they release is actually NEW additional content in full, not an extra couple of multiplayer levels they stripped out to sell as Zero Day DLC like many other games.

When the DLC is actually like buying an expansion to the game, then its not really part of the whole "DLC scam"

I have no issues buying the games DLC because of this, as I have enjoyed the hell out of both BL1 and BL2. The season pass is an extra 30 bucks up front, but in the long run, it saves me 10 bucks. Unless of course I want to wait a year, and buy it on sale. That could be said about any game. Its borderlands, I know it will be fun, so I dont really care to wait a year to enjoy it.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
9. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 15:41 Gadzooks

The end boss was killed on T6 an hour after the first 2 people hit 70.

I call shenanegans

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 12:56 Gadzooks

Pretty sure this will feel very similar to the Co-op in Mass Effect 3.

Maybe slightly more story driven, with "Go from point A, to point B" level designs, rather than the ME3 square arenas.

Either way, if it doesnt take away from the single player game, its just a bonus that has the potential to be additional fun.

News Comments > Titan Souls Trailer
1. Re: Titan Souls Trailer Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 Gadzooks

at the start of the video I thought, "Oh sheesh, another rpgmaker game". Once the action started, I was happily proven wrong, this game looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > Diablo III Gold Bonus
1. Re: Diablo III Gold Bonus Aug 21, 2014, 19:24 Gadzooks

50% bonus to earning gold for your characters that... er... um... you cant play in the new ladder season because we are making everyone start over from scratch. Sure, keep the gold on the normal servers, but if you are hyped about the 2.1 patch, it wont do you any good! Woot!!!

News Comments > Divinia Chronicles: Relics of Gan-Ti
3. Re: Divinia Chronicles: Relics of Gan-Ti Aug 19, 2014, 14:59 Gadzooks

Ludomancer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 10:46:
Huh... Unfortunately their new name caused me to think this was something from Larian's Divinity series instead!

Yeah, cant help but think this isnt intentional. I thought similar when i first read it.

News Comments > The Killing Floor 2 Trailer
2. Re: The Killing Floor 2 Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 15:41 Gadzooks

Cant wait for this.

I only hope that they arent totally reinvisioning the game, but instead, are just enhancing what made the first one so fun. No need to reinvent the wheel, but making it look nicer, sound nicer, and roll smoother is much appreciated.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords Aug 12, 2014, 15:26 Gadzooks

Risen - A decent "foot in the door" game that had the potential to spawn a sequel that learned from its mistakes and improved upon the things it lacked.

Risen 2 - Drunken developers struggled to scavenge game assest from who knows where in order to throw this piece of garbage game together in hopes of having fans of the original buy it.

Buy Risen 3? Nope. Certainly not at 50 bucks, and probably not ever unless reviews are spectacular.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
31. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 15:22 Gadzooks

"We here at Microsoft, didnt want to stop at screwing over gamers just with the xbox one. No sir! You can expect to be royally bent over now with with the games you enjoy as well!"  

News Comments > Dungeons 2 Announced
4. Re: Dungeons 2 Announced Aug 7, 2014, 13:34 Gadzooks

The first one was a huge disappointment.

The only reason it managed to even sell, was due to many people thinking it was a spiritual sucessor to Dungeon Keeper 2 (which it wasnt). It felt like an unfinished game, and they had to release a stand alone expansion to bring in some of the feature that many players expected in the original.

Cant say I have any hopes for this new one.

News Comments > Gearbox on Battleborn & Borderlands 3
3. Re: Gearbox on Battleborn & Borderlands 3 Jul 22, 2014, 12:52 Gadzooks

Never called them greedy

Just said they were wasting time.

And to counter your gears of war comment. Bungie pretty much only stuck with Halo, and fans were happy with that. For years and years. Fans got upset at Epic because the gears of war sequels kept getting worse, and upsetting the fans of the series.

News Comments > Gearbox on Battleborn & Borderlands 3
1. Re: Gearbox on Battleborn & Borderlands 3 Jul 22, 2014, 12:19 Gadzooks

Gearbox has had failure after failure when it has come to releasing games. Borderlands was their only semi recent big hit for an original IP. Logically, one one would think "Stick with what is working". What you see here is no different than when a character actor tries to venture out into a different field and make a movie that requires them to be totally different from the figurehead fans have come to love. Most of the time... MOST... its a flop, and a pointless waste of time. For both the actor and the fans who just want to see another movie with them doing what everyone loves.

Gearbox is trying to prove that they CAN create something that is actually good, despite their failures, that ISNT borderlands. Unfortunately for us, it just means that we have to wait that much longer until they finally get around to making borderlands 3, when their other ventures turn out to be mediocre side trips.

News Comments > Firefall This Month
11. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 12:38 Gadzooks

Looks like they are betting all their chips with this move.

They have a TON of major changes they are making to the game, and it looks like they are going live with these changes with no openbeta testing. The game right now, is very MEH. The changes look really good, and sound really good, but no one knows if they really are good or not. So the game goes live, and everyone is in for something new. If its bad, that will pretty much be the last you hear of this game.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 1, 2014, 12:13 Gadzooks

Omni wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 09:59:
Orcs Must Die! died along with this generic moba shit.

Such a fucking shame.

Totally agree... way to take a fun and entertaining series that allowed for great co-op fun, and completely sell out by trying to jump onto the already sailed moba bandwagon.

I would have paid 40+ dollars for a true 3rd installment of Orcs must Die, but i wont be touching this moba crap with a 10 foot stick. (unless its pointy, and then it will just be to stab it to make sure it dies.)

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
28. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 15:27 Gadzooks

Reasons I wont be playing Wildstar after having been in the beta for several months:

1. Game performs AWFUL. Very close to release and the devs still say "We havent optimized the game yet" Sorry, this close to release, there isnt going to be a magic patch. No reason that a cartoon game should drop to under 30 FPS at ANY point in the game on a high end system.

2. Game blatantly is aimed at you being higher level in order to have fun. This isnt typical WoW "You cant do raids and stuff until max level". This is "The game is boring as hell for the first 35 levels". Even WoW had fun gameplay at low levels. It just wasnt raid content with uber gear. Games should be fun from the moment you log in, and wildstar... isnt.

3. Large PvP is an unbalanced mess and a ridiculous AoE spamfest. Watch how in the first month of release, everyone in PvP will be medics and engineers.

4. Quests in the game are more dull and boring than quests in WoW were at release. "Run around the room and find me these 4 books" Really? How is this fun? Not to mention, most quest chains seem incomplete and have no real finale to them. Do step 1, then step 2, then step ... wait... no step 3? What? Thats it? Sigh.

5. The sheer lack of video options and forced video settings is absurd in a modern day game. Overuse of bloom and full screen glow effect, blurry filters, and awful view distance make this game a headache to look at. Unless this up coming beta adds new video options that let you enable/disable these things, there is no excuse for the game NOT to have them.

Those are just the 5 main reasons I wont be playing Wildstar at release. Maybe in 12 months, after they have had time to really finalize the game, add things needed, and fix stuff, ill give a try. I hope its still a sub game then, because I really hate F2P. Cant help but thing it will be F2P by then however, since the game doesnt make a great first impression.

News Comments > GeForce Watch Dogs Support
4. Re: GeForce Watch Dogs Support Apr 30, 2014, 12:36 Gadzooks

chances are, if i run it with HBAO+ and TXAA on my gtx 760, it will push the GPU temps up to aroud 85 C. No thanks.  

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Getting AMD Mantle Support
7. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Getting AMD Mantle Support Apr 15, 2014, 18:18 Gadzooks

Marketing Gimic is gimicky.

Move along.

115 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo