Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A.S.

Real Name A.S.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname shihonage
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2011, 06:27
Total Comments 227 (Novice)
User ID 56986

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Battlefield 1942
31. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Nov 5, 2012, 23:35 shihonage

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 16:16:
The guy who quoted you was and that's who I was responding to. If you read my post then you would know I even said it was in response to the general complaint about DD clients using system resources.

You saw my repeat mention of DRM and contrasted it with my original post, representing it as "WAHH", and implying that it didn't have DRM reference in the first place.

It did.

Please don't make this into a retarded circular argument, okay? It's what the plants crave.

Slick wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 19:18:
you know how much of a knob you're making yourself sound like right? So it's not okay for there to be any soft-drink companies out there that don't "conform" to the Coca-Cola specification...

anti-competition much? fucking commie! since when is competition bad for the consumer?

it's funny cause you come off sounding like the biggest STEAM corporate hack i've ever heard. how much money you make everytime you say that STEAM is the only service anyone should use? oh right, you're fighting AGAINST this stuff... riiiight...

Thank you for the effort, it truly made me smile. 8/10

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Nov 5, 2012, 16:05 shihonage

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 15:46:
shihonage wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 15:43:
Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 14:51:
Yeah I don't really get that one either, seems like a spergy nitpick. The shittiest laptops still have 2GB of memory, people really need to let it go. I don't really care if Steam or Origin use 200MB of memory, I have more than the OS and an active game running can ever use. I care more about the info they collect than the resource footprint.

Yes, let's keep on telling big companies that it's OKAY to install their particular brands of remotely-updated DRM and potential malware(it's all about trust, right?) instead of having them conform to Steam. There's plenty of room in systray yet!

Yeah. To each their own.

That's a different argument than "WAHHH MY 20MB OF MEMORY!" sooooo.

I hate to tell people to learn to read on the Internet, it's so passe. Why do you make me do it...

My first post also referred to "the amount of DRM shit that constantly runs in background".

So learn to read.

Also Steam itself is basically DRM so having them "conform" to it isn't saying much. I love Steam and I think Origin is a mediocre piece of shit that doesn't do much well but if you compare their base functions and protections, they are fairly equivalent.

We've come to know what Valve is and isn't capable of. They are probably the sanest game company to ever exist. And despite Steam not being a stellar piece of programming, it doesn't overreach, as it easily could. In the hands of a corrupt company, a product you let run in background could install browser toolbars, collect personal information, throw ads in your face, hog CPU time and bandwidth due to poor coding, you name it.

EA has not earned my trust.

That is an old build of Origin. Who knows that a newer build does? Today? Tomorrow? This comes from company that's embraced Ubisoft-style always-on DRM in some of their titles, so they aren't shy when it comes to draconian measures.

Good luck with that. I'll pass.

12. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Nov 5, 2012, 15:43 shihonage

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 14:51:
Yeah I don't really get that one either, seems like a spergy nitpick. The shittiest laptops still have 2GB of memory, people really need to let it go. I don't really care if Steam or Origin use 200MB of memory, I have more than the OS and an active game running can ever use. I care more about the info they collect than the resource footprint.

Yes, let's keep on telling big companies that it's OKAY to install their particular brands of remotely-updated DRM and potential malware(it's all about trust, right?) instead of having them conform to Steam. There's plenty of room in systray yet!

Yeah. To each their own.

4. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Nov 5, 2012, 14:21 shihonage

So they are still trying to get people to run their Steam knock-off next to Steam in systray huh.

I am not buying any games that use Origin exclusively. Conserving system resources and the amount of DRM shit that constantly runs in background.

Did you know that Dragon Age installs its own Windows Service just to d/l Dragon Age DLCs?

Uninstalled that too. But it left the service behind.

News Comments > F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year
15. Re: F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year Nov 5, 2012, 03:02 shihonage

F2P games taught me a valuable lesson - they are like web interfaces and the cloud. You don't really own them, and they're prone to horrible decisions being patched in on random basis.

If you want an Email client, get a local one, like Thunderbird or Outlook. If you want to be at the mercy of the ever-changing cloud, use Gmail and Hotmail via the web.

Same goes for games. Either you own them, or not. And with F2P, you don't own SHIT.

This message was brought to you by a disgruntled Tribes: Ascend player.

News Comments > SMITE Adding New Mode
3. Re: SMITE Adding New Mode Nov 2, 2012, 04:43 shihonage

Ah, Hi-Rez. Amazing engine and gameplay programmers they aren't.  

News Comments > SMITE Adding New Mode
1. Re: SMITE Adding New Mode Nov 1, 2012, 19:05 shihonage

Well at least they're updating ONE of their games...

Tribes: Ascend, on the other hand, has been left a rotting carcass of bugs, shitty "new" maps, horrible performance, and incompatibilities with 32-bit systems.

News Comments > 0x10c Multiplayer Footage
11. Re: 0x10c Multiplayer Footage Oct 25, 2012, 15:27 shihonage

I like the visual aesthetic, I just don't see why they had to put Quake 1 deathmatch in there.

The core of the game has to be completely different from whats shown in this video.

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
29. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 25, 2012, 05:42 shihonage

InBlack wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 04:40:
Flatline wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 03:21:
InBlack wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 03:20:
The only way there is of putting iD back on the map now is with Doom4.

Doom4 should be like Doom2 though, awesome huge evil shit levels with tons of baddies and no story to speak of. Just atmosphere.

Sawed off double barrel shotgun is a must though.

I would buy that.

Eh, I don't know if I would. We have that in Serious Sam 3 and it's ilk, and I'm not that thrilled with it. I'd need "something more".

Its not really the same. Serious Sam is more like a parody of Doom. The level design of SS also leaves a lot to be desired, its nowhere even close to the brilliance of Doom2 and thats an ancient game built entirely in a 2d editor

THIS. Too few people realize this. Serious Sam series were a half-baked parody of Doom, created without understanding of design in most any sense of the world.

Doom had weapons with mechanics that were usable in different situations, it had pacing, its levels were designed with full understanding of them BEING part of gameplay itself.

Serious Sam was always the "lulzdoom" of the retarded variety.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2012, 23:26 shihonage

Windows 8 UI was "designed" (the term is used loosely here) by the same lady responsible for making Office 2007 and up unusable.

Someone should go back in time to 2006 and fire her before she wrecks their company for good.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched
16. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 19:00 shihonage

So, the game releases a day 1 patch which fixes much of what's wrong with it, and Internet complains about it anyway?

There's no problem here. The real problem is that it's potentially a quality single-player title (I loved the previous MOH's campaign, it was an understated breath of fresh air compared to bombastic COD garbage of late), which is tied to a shitty Steam wannabe demanding space in your RAM and on your systray.

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
40. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 4, 2012, 04:39 shihonage

Blizzard is an endangered species, and, just like a wild-eyed gazelle in an open field, they have no idea of their impending doom.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks Sep 7, 2012, 23:55 shihonage

Guild Wars 2 looks better than any Blizzard game ever produced. It also is the first game that uses bloom correctly... though I'd still like a separate option to turn it off without sacricifing other effects.

It plays better than any MMO I experienced, changing most things that were annoying about MMOs.

Yes, the magey types actually feel quite horrible in combat, but the Guardian is like a mix of Diablo2 barb and paladin, and it feels great.

Its dynamic event system is more similar to Left 4 Dead AI director, and it actually works. I've not seen a system like this work this well in a MMO.

I've not had this much fun since I played in WoW's Goldshire in 2004, a place that was beautiful at the time, awash with promise of everything that Guild Wars 2 actually delivers and WoW did not.

Oh, and on topic, my GW2 had 3 attempted logins from China. Since I used the same credentials as my FB account, I looked at my FB account and noticed someone logged in using Safari on Linux (not me). Immediate password change and 2-step authentication turned on now.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
107. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 05:15 shihonage

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 00:59:
Brad Wardell is a complete cuntsack. He was already on my dickhead radar due to his outspoken conservative views - including Stardock's boycott of UPS after it withdrew advertising with Fox News - but now he's taken things too far. I won't be buying any more Stardock products.

What an asshole.

Political affiliations and associated kneejerk reactions aside... actually, his unhinging may have started a few years ago when he in fact got on Celexa, which was around October 2007, to control his anger problems, by his own admittance.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2012, 05:24.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 6, 2012, 02:46 shihonage

Norton was one of the first companies to invent security theater. Looks like they're successfully continuing to do so.  

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
31. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 5, 2012, 23:06 shihonage

It's nice to see that the game is finally approaching release state. In a couple of years I'll pick up my level 18 Monk and resume what I can only hope to be the "definitive Diablo experience".

Amirite?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 15:10 shihonage

McAfee hasn't been good since they started making antivirus solutions for Windows 95.

I am continuously surprised they still exist.

Symantec Endpoint was a disappointment indeed, and I too use NOD32 now.

News Comments > WoW Adding All Race Access
15. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 15:12 shihonage

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?

player not found

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard & Barbarian Changes Detailed
13. Re: Diablo III Wizard & Barbarian Changes Detailed Aug 16, 2012, 19:33 shihonage

I look at Diablo3 and I laugh, and laugh...  

News Comments > Diablo III Hero Profiles Live
3. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 17:33 shihonage

Never completed the game with a single character. In midst of Act 2, my interest just kinda... vanished.

Vapid game made by vapid people.

227 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo