Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LurkerLito

Real Name LurkerLito   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LurkerLito
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2011, 20:27
Total Comments 188 (Novice)
User ID 56985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Announced
3. Re: Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Announced Aug 1, 2015, 10:13 LurkerLito

I'll be getting it also because I love the concept overall, but I haven't really gotten good at the game. It can be tedious, but it's one of those games, I can play and not notice the time went by so quickly.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Kyn Released
4. Re: Kyn Released Jul 29, 2015, 11:04 LurkerLito

It's actually fun and I like it. It is very Diablo/Torchlight/Grimm Dawn like but with a single male character that can change play styles depending on your outfit choice. The enemy types aren't as varied as I'd like. They are Spider, Wraith, Gargoyles, undead, skeletons, essences and vampire. Basically I haven't really seen any others in about 18 hours of play, just variations of those types. It is really dependent on the loot drops you get and there are "demon powers" you can use. I'd say if you are a fan of the aRPGs like Diablo/Torchlight/Grimm Dawn you will probably like it also. I don't regret my purchase and I am still playing it, and I find the $18 first few days of release sale a fair price for the content.  

News Comments > Kyn Released
2. Re: Kyn Released Jul 29, 2015, 00:08 LurkerLito

Already bought Victor Vran on GoG so this one maybe in the future sometime when it goes on sale, but I am aRPG-ed out for now.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
63. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 15:22 LurkerLito

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 14:39:
The vast majority of funding was raised AFTER the inclusion of FPS. Those backers knew what they were getting, whilst early backers get more for no extra cost. What it comes down to is that the game is delayed. And you know what... that's pretty damned common for a project of this scale. Nobody likes delays but people have to be reasonable and accept that they happen. It was promised as a cutting edge PC game to show off the platform and that's absolutely what it's going to be, now more so than ever.
So those people are the cause for the delay to the detriment of the early backers. See that is the problem. CIG had an obligation to fulfill the kickstarter goals. Once he added to them like with the FPS module then he completely changed the goals that were agreed upon with the original backers. Since he could no longer fulfill those he absolutely should have made concessions to all early backers that they would refund their money IF THEY WANTED.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 14:39:
Stop being ridiculous. Adding or improving upon features isn't 'bait and switch'.
Yes it is bait and switch if the original goals and time lines were greatly exceeded to the point that the original could not be delivered as promised. At that point they have broken the agreement for the money they accepted. Since that is the case they need to refund anyone in the early kickstarter WHO REQUESTS it. This is no different than if someone ordered some food in a resturant then it came to their table with peanuts on top added. The buyer has the right to send it back or not pay for it because it's not what he ordered (especially if they have a peanut allergy). CIG got the money, for the features listed on the kickstarter page. It doesn't matter if he got more money from the backers afterwards for more features like the FPS module, the original backers did not ask for it nor were they given the option to back out because of it. If they are holding the money now after a backer requested a refund, they baited them with one set of features and switched out what they were going to get and increased development time. No matter how you look at it, they baited and switched from the original backers and that constitutes fraud.

57. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 15:06 LurkerLito

Zor wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 13:04:
LurkerLito wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 11:55:
You're absolutely wrong:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description
Real quick, Star Citizen is:

A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
No Subscriptions
No Pay to Win
Please point out where FPS was part of the original goal.

You're funny. You already answered your own question. I put it in bold and underlined it for you.

the FP in FPS stands for First Person, in case you forgot.

And you obviously don't know a thing about games. Star Marine is a FPS (S as in Shooter, call of duty BS) it has nothing to do with the original game. First person trading, sure walking around your ship yes, but shooter NO! Stop trying to add extra words in there that don't exist.

23. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 11:55 LurkerLito

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 11:21:
Wrong. FPS combat was one of the stretch goals hit in the original Kickstarter campaign, both at $3.5m and $5m. Development started in late 2013 (12 months after the start of crowdfunding) and first shown off about a year later. At the moment it has been worked on for 18 months, which isn't much time for a project of this scale (zero-G, accurate first and third person animations, motion capture, netcode, backend integration, etc).
You're absolutely wrong:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description
Real quick, Star Citizen is:

A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
No Subscriptions
No Pay to Win
Please point out where FPS was part of the original goal. It's not FYI, not even in the document. That's what I and many others funded and agreed to including the time line to completion. It's a good thing kickstarter keeps the original docs around, cause I am sure CIG has modified it significantly on their site and revised it to their version of history.

Here is the deal with crowd funding, you come up with a concept, you try to get funds from backers, then *gasp* YOU FINISH IT with what you promised, and then you get to do another or build upon the released version for the sequel. You don't say you're building a Space Sim, then say "ooh it would be great if it had a FPS" then say "we can't deliver the space sim you funded until we also finish building the FPS." That is bait and switch and is the reason backers are mad and looking to get out. You don't get to take 2 completely different concepts and merge them together after taking people's money and change the original goal and time line unless you are willing to return the money you took to people who only wanted the originally planned concept. It is that simple. That really needs to get beaten into CIG and the whole crowd funding movement so feature creeping added features don't keep getting put into the original plan. Punch

News Comments > Op Ed
63. Re: Op Ed Jul 19, 2015, 10:41 LurkerLito

I hate to say it kxmode but you are screwed like all the backers. I personally found the email exchange quite a big eye opener. Here is the thing that really caught my attention:
So, speaking to you as a backer this was only ever the scenario assuming that the stretch goals stopped at that point. The idea was that as more goals were met, the more the game could grow and expand into something bigger and better. Right from the get go Chris mentioned in his pitch. "I don't want to build just a game, I want to build a universe"
So according to CIG support, the backers who bought more spaceships are the cause of the current situation. If they had only just stopped sending them money they would have actually finished the game to the specifications and on time.

So get that through your heads next time you buy into any kickstarter. If they keep asking for more money for more features after the kickstarter ends DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYMORE!!!!

Some rules for kickstarters really needs to be placed by the FTC. IMHO once the KS ends any adding of more stretch goals for more money should be illegal whether on the kickstarter website or on the website run by the company itself. That is one that absolutely needs to be put in and enforced. Otherwise feature creeping projects like SC will continue to the detriment of backers and possibly kill their usefulness due to mistrust they generate.

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 10:29 LurkerLito

It sounds like CIG is suppose to release something in 2 weeks or so they say. It'll be interesting to see what they put out. For some reason I can't stop thinking they are desperate to quiet the distension among the backers and are working in crunch time conditions to get it out as fast as possible.

I more interested about this bit in the article:
These reports range from rapidly dwindling funds left to see the project to completion; to a new report that SQ42 is almost a year away if they don’t reduce the scope, and that it is now going to be an episodic game, in which the first episode (about 3hrs long without cut-scenes) is free, while future episodes are going to be paid DLC.
They absolutely did not mention or even imply the single player portion of the game was episodic requiring payment to get anything past the first episode. If they did even imply that during the KS time I would never have backed it. Episodic means it'll never be finished. I don't think I have ever seen a game that was labeled "episodic" finished.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
115. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 15:51 LurkerLito

dsmart wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 15:21:
And you just said it yourself. It was told to us, after the fact.
Ha interesting, I didn't even notice that. Well I wish you luck in that pursuit.

I am stuck regardless since I went direct to RSI with my pledge. But since I am only in like < $30 I don't much care as long as they deliver me Squadron 42. I am fairly certain they'll cobble that much together at a minimum and it was all I wanted in the first place.

111. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 15:14 LurkerLito

dsmart wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 14:43:
No. That's not how it works. They are separate. I pledged on KS to a product. I never pledged, knowing that my product, would be tied to another entity (RSI).

It's all be through legal, so I know what I'm talking about.

That's why I indicated that, in the event of a catastrophic loss, only the KS backers ($2.1m) have any recourse to get money back, depending on how much - if anything - left, if/when this whole thing collapses.
That doesn't sound right, it was told to you that your pledges were linked to your RSI account in the email update on 11/30/2012.
From the email:
Kickstarter Linking

We’ve had a lot of questions about the Kickstarter linking process. Everyone is wondering when their pledge will appear on the site. The answer is that it may take another two weeks: Kickstarter gives pledgers a grace period to confirm their payment before we’re allowed to send out the end-of-campaign survey collecting your information. Once that period is over, we will send out the survey through Kickstarter to collect the relevant information that will allow us to link the pledge to your account. Once we have that in hand, we will begin the process of linking your pledges to your RSI account, note due to the large volume of transactions and time allowed for people to complete the surveys this will not be an immediate process. For those who added money for Kickstarter add ons, you’ll be given a ‘credit’ at RSI which you will then be able to divide into the add ons you purchased on Kickstarter, including those no longer available like the Vanduul, M50, etc. Kickstarter users will automatically have access to the lower price add ons and extra tiers that those who registered for the RSI site before 11/26 have. Also note that the winners of the referral contest will be announced after the Kickstarter pledges are integrated; we can’t give away the big prize until everyone has had a chance to list their referrals!

108. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 14:23 LurkerLito

dsmart wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 14:39:
They refunded my pledge through both KS and RSI.

Fact is, the KS one, is straightforward.

The RSI one, is bullshit. They had no cause to terminate my account, thereby robbing me of my tangible goods (which I could use, trade, sell). I didn't violate their TOS, and even then, I got no warning.

I look forward to reading the next articles, but just FYI, your account was terminated most likely because it is tied to your KS pledge. Once they refunded you the KS money, they were well within their rights to terminate the account it was linked to since the backer rewards are tied to that pledge.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
17. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 13:36 LurkerLito

Well it worked for me for the most part. When I played through it I ran a i7-3770k @ 4.4Ghz w/32GB ram + GTX970. With that setup it should play fine at 1080p or at what I ran it under 1920x1200 with everything on and maxed out at around 45-60fps. At my native resolution it became of 2560x1600, it would run around 30-35 but in some spots 15-20. That all changed when I got a 980Ti and now it runs 55-60 easily at 2560x1600 everything on and maxed out.

IMHO it is FAR from optimized. You need a top of the line or near top of the line graphics card for anything over 1200p and 3GB-4GB on the card. That doesn't even take into account the serious issues of non Nvidia card users. It also doesn't work at all with SLI or Crossfire, so non maxwell nvidia card users thinking they'd just SLI can't run the game without issues so have to disable SLI. The game needs serious optimization, it still hitches ever now end then with my 980Ti in the Batmobile, or when gliding around.

As far as the time frame goes though, that is a big surprise to me. I wouldn't have guessed it could take that long unless Rocksteady is actually rewriting it nearly from scratch. It clearly isn't optimized much at all, but I don't see how it could take past August for the initial re-release unless a lot of it is being redone.

News Comments > Op Ed
93. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 23:25 LurkerLito

Overon wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 22:45:
My understanding is that some of the aspects of the TOS may be illegal and have not been challenged in court to find out.
The problem is the binding arbitration clause in the RSI ToS Section 22c. The ToS for RSI 22c specifically says:
YOU UNDERSTAND AND HEREBY AGREE THAT YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL.
You see thanks to the AT&T win in the supreme court, every EULA/ToS puts this in now. It is a way to eliminate class action lawsuits, but it can also be used to stifle people by forcing them to use binding arbitration to resolve the contract dispute. Big problem is binding arbitration is anything but impartial, because it is paid for by the contract creator, so rulings will not necessarily be impartial. See this article. Barring anything specifically illegal being put in the ToS/EULA like "by agreeing you are my slave" the AT&T ruling says you can agree via a contract to waive certain rights like trial by jury or your day in court. That includes small claims court as someone here was suggesting. If you had the audacity to actually go to small claims and RSI didn't show up you win by default. When you went to collect the money from RSI, they would get their lawyer to go to court dismiss your claim due to you agreeing to the ToS, then they'd go to the arbiter and you'd have to show up to the California office they specify on your dime, and the arbiter would most likely rule for RSI, make you pay their lawyer fees and probably also allow them to ban your account.

16. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 20:28 LurkerLito

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 20:25:
Any idea how much he donated?
IIRC Rear Admiral is a $250 tier.

12. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 20:22 LurkerLito

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 19:32:
I mean just how stupid is this? What he's saying basically is if you behave like an asshole you'll be banned from the forums and get no refund but if you behave like a real motherfucker then you get banned and a refund as a free reward on top of it. Wow.
Nah here is the translation: "You plebs are screwed cause you can't generate enough bad publicity for us to make us give back your money. He only got his money back because he could have made a real stink with lawyers and media if we just outright banned him and kept his money like we would do with you."

News Comments > Op Ed
77. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 19:24 LurkerLito

Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 19:13:
Shakefist Fine. You win this round Jenkins... I'm going to be in the corner getting drunk now. Drunk2

Sorry... It doesn't hurt to ask them though. And remember IANAL so I could be wrong. Cheers

News Comments > Op Ed
67. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 18:16 LurkerLito

Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 17:21:
Yes I did, which is why I wrote " when I mostly never backed under the newer terms." Some of my backed funds came under the new TOS; most of it is under the older.
Actually when you agreed to a new ToS it supersedes the old ToS so unfortunately you are bound to the new one.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (“TERMS OF SERVICE”) CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON AT THE END OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE BELOW, OR BY USING THE WWW.ROBERTSSPACEINDUSTRIES.COM WEBSITE AND RELATED WEBPAGES (THE “WEBSITE”) OR ANY OF THE CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE OR THE GAME LAUNCHER. YOU AGREE THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE ARE ENFORCEABLE LIKE ANY WRITTEN CONTRACT SIGNED BY YOU.
I assume you are in the US so this has already been passed via the court as a legal document. IANAL but the only way I can see where you might be able to claim some of your purchases fall under the old ToS would be if you had a second account that still fell under the old ToS. Even then you'd have to go into binding arbitration not a court (according to the ToS) in the state of California and argue that the ToS did not apply to that secondary account. The other side would argue that since you are already bound by the new ToS in one account, you are also bound via the other account because you already agreed to it.

News Comments > Op Ed
55. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 17:18 LurkerLito

Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 17:02:
Side note I backed under the old TOS that had NO mention of section 7. In other words THE rules they're referring to did not exist... if one were to split hairs (just saying). I have a copy of the old TOS too. The older TOS contains no language that explicitly states that there's an adherence to future revisions to the TOS so they can't say "well you must abide by the new terms" when I mostly never backed under those terms.
The question though becomes, have you have played the game since the new terms have been in place, or bought any ships or other things from them after you backed the game? If you have then you most likely have agreed to the new terms somewhere along the line. Good luck because I think the only way someone hasn't agreed to the new terms is if they haven't played or bought or logged into the CIG website at all since the Kickstarter. I would also think the new terms have been in effect since they did the switch over from the old RSI site to the new CIG site which IIRC required you to agree to the terms and then it transfers your account over.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 16:37 LurkerLito

Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 16:26:
In case someone from CIG sees this thread they can see what a swell guy I am.

HI CIG! MAY I HAVE MY REFUND?!

I think this should answer your question.
From forums.robertsspaceindustries.com
Hey guys!

I believe I can clarify this. We refunded Mr. Smart’s package because he was using Star Citizen as a platform to gain attention as part of a campaign to promote his ‘Line of Defense’ space game. Our ToS (or in this case, the Kickstarter ToS) allows us to refund troubled users who we would rather not have interacting with the community. The process lets us entirely disable their accounts, preventing them from playing the finished game. Think of it as the video game equivalent of a ‘we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone’ sign in a restaurant. We’ve used this ability a limited number of times in the past, always with the aim of improving the community (until today, the most famous example being our old friend jcrg99/Manzes/PonyMillar/he of many other alts.)

I do now want to stress that that is not to say you can get your money back by simply being as obnoxious as possible; we’re also able to ban accounts from the forums without requiring a refund. But sometimes we take a look at a user and decide that they’re so toxic or their intentions are so sinister that we simply don’t want them associated with Star Citizen.

As for refund requests working the other way: per the ToS, we’re not required to offer them. We do try and work with backers who are facing hardships, but the hard truth is that the money is by necessity being spent to develop a game rather than sitting unused somewhere (that being the significant difference with Steam; those refunds are taken out of their games’ profits rather than their development budgets.)

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2015, 16:01 LurkerLito

harlock wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 15:43:
not at all.. the kickstarter portion of the fundraising is minuscule compared to the crowdfunding they kept doing after the round of KS funding ended.. they kept taking and kept taking peoples "donations" on their own website, through their own portal

kickstarter has already had tons of bad projects.. failures, delays, undelivered goods, etc. etc. and its still viable. people just recognize the risks more clearly now

trying to blame this failure on kickstarter is fucking laughable in the extreme
Unfortunately that's not how it will work. Kickstarter is the one of the many faces of this. While the majority of the blame will fall on CIG for all the "donations" after the kickstarter ended, kickstarter will not go unscathed by this should the FTC get involved. Regulations should they be imposed will clearly most widely affect kickstarter and this whole crowdfunding movement.

188 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo