Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LurkerLito

Real Name LurkerLito   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LurkerLito
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2011, 20:27
Total Comments 109 (Novice)
User ID 56985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 1, 2014, 01:27 LurkerLito

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 23:47:
Right, but not being a backer it won't be onsale at GOG until the end of August, just making note. This also is a Steam game that doesn't have steam DRM in it. You can run it straight from the folder with Steam off.

EDIT: Now we are hearing it will be for sale prior to the Galaxy upgrade to GOG for non-backers. So this one has gone back and forth.
Personally I am so happy I picked this up for 20% off from Steam earlier today. I wanted the GoG version but GoG screwed up. Last I checked only backers could get the GoG version now, anyone else has to wait till Aug 31. From the posts on the GoG forum, the backers only have the game, no toolkit is included yet for modding.
Someone who works for GoG posted this:
The expected release date for this title is August 31, sorry for not communicating that properly.
If you aren't a backer I don't think you can buy it till then.

The game is pretty good so far.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
13. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 18:48 LurkerLito

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:48:
Someone was claiming their GMG key was revoked, and I'd be extremely curious if that was true, as I've never had a single issue with them in the past, over (looking at my orders) 14 purchases.
I bought my copy from GMG and it is perfectly fine with no issues. There was only 1 thread on the GMG forum about a invalid key and it was corrected for the person. From what I have read only a certain range of keys got revoked, and they were the ones bought by the low priced key sellers.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
55. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 19:46 LurkerLito

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:37:
They said that the Steam version will not use DRM, so once you download it, you can copy it to any other computer of yours and run it without Steam.
Hmm you sure about that? I am pretty sure Steam made steam DRM a requirement for any new games on the service after a few years back. Some games like skyrim IIRC, got by this by making only the launcher use the steam DRM, but you could launch the main exe and it bypassed steam, but in later update Steam made it mandatory on everything and they had no choice but to lock up all the exes. MP doesn't really matter to me but the steam workshop might be one of those features I'd want to use. While I don't mind steam, if given a choice it's always DRM-Free for me, so either way I am buying the GoG version.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
40. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:04 LurkerLito

Divinity looks good, but I am waiting for it on GoG. I hope GoG does a release day 20% off and I'll definitely grab it, or I'll wait for a 50% off later :).  

News Comments > Ultra Street Fighter IV in August
6. Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV in August May 16, 2014, 13:01 LurkerLito

Maybe when it's the "complete" version with all DLC and $10 I'll get it. Till then it's not worth it.  

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
17. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 11:34 LurkerLito

BitWraith wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:38:
InBlack wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:29:
You are assuming that they have a case. I doubt Facebook/Oculus will settle, and if the counter-argument released today holds any water the ounis to produce evidence is on ZeniMax. Fuckin litigous bastard cunts.

Not to mention, we're talking about folks who are throwing around billions of dollars. These folks to give two shits about lawyer fees.
See that's the rub though, even if they don't care about the lawyer fees, they do care about the time aspect. So long as they can claim IP, even if very difficult to prove by ZeniMax, they can hold the product hostage long enough to make it hurt. So the easiest way to get out is to settle, that is why ZeniMax is doing it. They can tie them up for years in court and in all that time, they can stop Oculus from selling any final products and making money. With Facebook backing it might not hurt them financially initially, but it could hurt them severely long term if competitor VR gear can get out ahead of them. So while it might not be ideologically correct to settle, the chances are Oculus will settle so ZeniMax will get paid and that is what ZeniMax is counting on.

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
8. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 10:13 LurkerLito

Drazula wrote on May 5, 2014, 09:35:
Since Oculus claims there is no code, Zenimax is attempting to claim "ideas" that Carmack took with him. They have no chance winning that.
That is where you are wrong. It depends on the agreements of employment that Carmack signed then when, where, and on what he did the development on. For instance most companies require you to sign non compete agreements in order to be hired, most of them contain clauses to the effect of any idea, work, or non related work are the company's property if done on company time and/or on company property, unless rights were waived to the property by the company. So if Carmack did his coding on say a ZeniMax owned laptop, even if Carmack bought the laptop for himself using the ZeniMax credit card, all that code and ideas done on it are property of ZeniMax. Similarly if you were to have an idea on your lunch break for the next big thing, but you wrote it down on a scrap piece of company paper, they would have legal claim to it because you used their property for the idea.

That said, this definitely happened only because ZeniMax saw Facebook give them a billion dollars so now they just want a piece. There is no way ZeniMax wasn't going to try and claim some kind of IP after that much money was thrown at Oculus. ZeniMax knows, in the worst case this is going to get settled out of court to avoid lengthy, costly lawyer fees, so they will make something out of it.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
45. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 2, 2014, 02:15 LurkerLito

This is actually a tricky situation. AFAIK Zenimax can only claim rights to code that was developed on their time or equipment/software. So as long as Carmack gave them notification he was working on the VR project, got their permission, but wrote all code on his own hardware using his software that never was used for ZeniMax software, then ZeniMax owns nothing. But if even one piece of software on his system like a text editior, license of windows, etc... was owned by ZeniMax then they can claim they own everything he wrote.

A similar thing happened to me once. They wanted me to sign a non compete and it had clauses about ownership of written software. I had to get permission in writing about another project I was doing on my off time. My other project never went anywhere, but it was funny, that my boss at the time, was more than happy to "lend me" software under his license so "you don't have to spend money" and buy your own compiler lol. If that project went anywhere and I used his compiler even once, he'd own all the rights to the project.

Bottom line is this is all going to come down to what ZeniMax and Carmack agreed to in advance, then when and on what Carmack developed the code on. Many people have work computers, and use them for personal stuff, but just remember, by doing so you are transferring all your rights to your company. Got a great idea for something, make sure you write it down on paper you own/bought, with a pen/pencil you bought or own, because if you used a scrap of paper from work, or even their pen, the company will have legal claim on it.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
9. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 25, 2014, 23:22 LurkerLito

I have been playing for hours with no issues at all. Much better on PC than on the PS3. Well time to go back in  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 17, 2014, 09:45 LurkerLito

I hope they give us TLoU owners a discount. I really want the PS4 version. I rented it and finished the game, and still bought it because of the DLC. In the end though I held off buying the DLC and they announced the PS4 version, so I wasn't going to buy the DLC anymore on PS3. My new copy of TLoU PS3 that I bought is still shrink wrapped lol.  

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
14. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:47 LurkerLito

I am definitely in this category. It usually follows the same pattern, Oh that's a interesting game, no time to play it so I'll pick it up when it goes on sale. It goes on sale, at 75% off or in a bundle and it's an insta-buy just because I was interested when it was released. I still don't have time to play it but it's there in case I do have the time to play it lol. On the plus side because of my extremely large backlog it makes resisting buying new expensive games quite easy. To paraphrase a quote "When I was a kid, I had all the time to play games, but no money to buy them, now I have the money to buy them but no time to play them."

Signed
A Game Hoarder

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 09:24 LurkerLito

BitWraith wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:09:
I just ordered a physical collector's edition for PC off Gamestop. They just showed up for sale recently.
IIRC someone on another forum said that all NA releases of DS2 even the physical collector's edition doesn't include a disc, just a code to download on steam. The physical edition is only for the extras.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
16. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 10:55 LurkerLito

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 10:02:
It's not stealing, it's making a copy. You can't 'steal' an idea, you can only make a copy of it. If I steal a car, you don't have the car. That's why it's stealing. The two things are not the same and you keep conflating the two.
It's funny how all pirates idiotically justify the whole idea of theft with the word copy. Understand software is a different kind of property, it is contractual. For a certain amount of money the developer/publisher is in a contract with you, the terms are spelled out in their EULA and ToS contracts. Your money is given so you can be given the right to use the software. The right to use the software and who to give the software to is completely owned by the creator of the software. When you illegally made a copy and used the software, you stole the developer's two most basic rights and you think that's OK, but hypocritically you rant on and on when the developers limit what you think are your rights to their software.

You seem to think just because you can copy the bits of data no theft can occur, but data theft is much more serious than stealing of a physical property. To follow your simple and ludicrous example, if someone goes to your house and steals your car, you were deprived a vehicle worth a few thousand dollars, but if someone goes and "copies" your data in your house nothing was physically stolen, but with a few visits here and there, can steal all aspects your life, ruin your credit and even become you. And according to your philosophy, that's fine by you because they didn't actually "steal" anything from you.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
9. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 15:08 LurkerLito

I rented this on the PS3 and am at the last boss. So I while I can't say I finished it, I have gone through enough of it to say, it's not as bad as some would have you believe. A 6.5 to 7.0/10 rating IMHO is fair for this game. The story as far as I have seen, does seem to make some sense though is told in a rather weird way. The kind of time travel mechanics mixing in past and future is just weird. I can't comment on the ending as I haven't actually finished it.

Combat wise, the old one was IMHO a bit better. The controls aren't as tight as the original LoS. I honestly still don't like the QT events at all. I often times, sit there and never get to press any button because, I think I am watching a cut scene then all of a sudden they ring comes up and just miss it, they honestly should just remove all the QT events, they are pointless, or at the very least let you turn it off and let it be a user's choice.

Now the dreaded stealth sections, I have to say are completely out of place. Stealth just doesn't belong in ANY Castlevania games. If you see an enemy you should be able to go there and kill it, you kill so many things as you go bigger and supposedly more powerful, but these big guys with guns sneak by or they will kill you every time. It's just idiotic. The one section with Pan's brother is probably the worst designed one of them all and sticks out so jarringly that you just can't forget about it. You have to sneak by to get to the place where you finally fight him, if you get caught sneaking you can't fight him and he'll just drain your HP and make you start from scratch again to waste your time over and over till you get by or die. Those sections could still have been used for puzzle solving, but seriously none of the stealth crap fits right (ie round peg meet square hole so they used a hammer to fix it and broke the peg and holes). I can't believe it got through QA.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PC Plans
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PC Plans Feb 20, 2014, 12:52 LurkerLito

I bought this on vita when it went on sale and it's OK for a mobile game, but the biggest issue is the backtracking. There is a lot of it and for the most part once you clear an area no one respawns so it's a lot of boring walking around. I haven't played it in more than a month now. Funny thing is I started it up one day and I just couldn't remember what I was suppose to do next so I just exited the game.

Compared to Batman:AO or AA and AC this one (IMHO) is nowhere near as good. I am a bit biased though I wanted a vita open 3D world like AO,AA,AC game rather than this 2.5d game.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 19, 2014, 11:08 LurkerLito

Capital One says it can show up at cardholders' homes, workplaces.
Wtf
I believe Florida has a law that combats this. I think it's called "Stand Your Ground" Innocent

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 15:23 LurkerLito

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 14:49:
LurkerLito wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 12:33:
Just use AnyDVD HD.

Like?!?!
You use slysoft's AnyDVD HD to decode the disc in the drive (it can do it on the fly so no need to even copy it to your HD) http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html It has a trial so you can download it and try it out for 21 days.

Then use VLC Player http://www.videolan.org/ to play the disc that is in the drive.

AnyDVD HD takes care of the encrypted data (ie it decodes the encrypted AACS data) and lets the player play the disc as if it had no encryption. Simple to use and IMHO the best and most flexible solution for DVD/BluRay Playback on a home built PC.

You could go with something like a dedicated BluRay player software you buy but it is less flexible and puts lots of useless crap on your system like extra DRM modules.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 12:33 LurkerLito

Just use AnyDVD HD. It'll decode anything for you and you can then use any player like VLC to play the discs. It'll also take care of any issues you might get if you are using an older monitor with no HDCP and also allow you to skip the the unskippable stuff like trailers they so often force you to go through.  

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
23. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 13:30 LurkerLito

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:02:
They actually did change the models though from the PC version and console versions. They essentially remodeled Lara Croft's face for some reason in the 'enhanced version.'
Probably to avoid paying likeness rights to the actress they modeled Lara after.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 11:15 LurkerLito

Just WOW! I am one of the backers of this little project, and I have to say I can't believe people are still giving money to it. I expected them to do well, but it seems unbelievable that they got this kind of money. I bet EA is kicking themselves in the rear wondering why they didn't make more Wing Commander games.  

109 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo