Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LurkerLito

Real Name LurkerLito   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LurkerLito
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2011, 20:27
Total Comments 100 (Novice)
User ID 56985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 17, 2014, 09:45 LurkerLito

I hope they give us TLoU owners a discount. I really want the PS4 version. I rented it and finished the game, and still bought it because of the DLC. In the end though I held off buying the DLC and they announced the PS4 version, so I wasn't going to buy the DLC anymore on PS3. My new copy of TLoU PS3 that I bought is still shrink wrapped lol.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
14. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:47 LurkerLito

I am definitely in this category. It usually follows the same pattern, Oh that's a interesting game, no time to play it so I'll pick it up when it goes on sale. It goes on sale, at 75% off or in a bundle and it's an insta-buy just because I was interested when it was released. I still don't have time to play it but it's there in case I do have the time to play it lol. On the plus side because of my extremely large backlog it makes resisting buying new expensive games quite easy. To paraphrase a quote "When I was a kid, I had all the time to play games, but no money to buy them, now I have the money to buy them but no time to play them."

Signed
A Game Hoarder

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 09:24 LurkerLito

BitWraith wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:09:
I just ordered a physical collector's edition for PC off Gamestop. They just showed up for sale recently.
IIRC someone on another forum said that all NA releases of DS2 even the physical collector's edition doesn't include a disc, just a code to download on steam. The physical edition is only for the extras.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
16. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 10:55 LurkerLito

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 10:02:
It's not stealing, it's making a copy. You can't 'steal' an idea, you can only make a copy of it. If I steal a car, you don't have the car. That's why it's stealing. The two things are not the same and you keep conflating the two.
It's funny how all pirates idiotically justify the whole idea of theft with the word copy. Understand software is a different kind of property, it is contractual. For a certain amount of money the developer/publisher is in a contract with you, the terms are spelled out in their EULA and ToS contracts. Your money is given so you can be given the right to use the software. The right to use the software and who to give the software to is completely owned by the creator of the software. When you illegally made a copy and used the software, you stole the developer's two most basic rights and you think that's OK, but hypocritically you rant on and on when the developers limit what you think are your rights to their software.

You seem to think just because you can copy the bits of data no theft can occur, but data theft is much more serious than stealing of a physical property. To follow your simple and ludicrous example, if someone goes to your house and steals your car, you were deprived a vehicle worth a few thousand dollars, but if someone goes and "copies" your data in your house nothing was physically stolen, but with a few visits here and there, can steal all aspects your life, ruin your credit and even become you. And according to your philosophy, that's fine by you because they didn't actually "steal" anything from you.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
9. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 15:08 LurkerLito

I rented this on the PS3 and am at the last boss. So I while I can't say I finished it, I have gone through enough of it to say, it's not as bad as some would have you believe. A 6.5 to 7.0/10 rating IMHO is fair for this game. The story as far as I have seen, does seem to make some sense though is told in a rather weird way. The kind of time travel mechanics mixing in past and future is just weird. I can't comment on the ending as I haven't actually finished it.

Combat wise, the old one was IMHO a bit better. The controls aren't as tight as the original LoS. I honestly still don't like the QT events at all. I often times, sit there and never get to press any button because, I think I am watching a cut scene then all of a sudden they ring comes up and just miss it, they honestly should just remove all the QT events, they are pointless, or at the very least let you turn it off and let it be a user's choice.

Now the dreaded stealth sections, I have to say are completely out of place. Stealth just doesn't belong in ANY Castlevania games. If you see an enemy you should be able to go there and kill it, you kill so many things as you go bigger and supposedly more powerful, but these big guys with guns sneak by or they will kill you every time. It's just idiotic. The one section with Pan's brother is probably the worst designed one of them all and sticks out so jarringly that you just can't forget about it. You have to sneak by to get to the place where you finally fight him, if you get caught sneaking you can't fight him and he'll just drain your HP and make you start from scratch again to waste your time over and over till you get by or die. Those sections could still have been used for puzzle solving, but seriously none of the stealth crap fits right (ie round peg meet square hole so they used a hammer to fix it and broke the peg and holes). I can't believe it got through QA.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PC Plans
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PC Plans Feb 20, 2014, 12:52 LurkerLito

I bought this on vita when it went on sale and it's OK for a mobile game, but the biggest issue is the backtracking. There is a lot of it and for the most part once you clear an area no one respawns so it's a lot of boring walking around. I haven't played it in more than a month now. Funny thing is I started it up one day and I just couldn't remember what I was suppose to do next so I just exited the game.

Compared to Batman:AO or AA and AC this one (IMHO) is nowhere near as good. I am a bit biased though I wanted a vita open 3D world like AO,AA,AC game rather than this 2.5d game.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 19, 2014, 11:08 LurkerLito

Capital One says it can show up at cardholders' homes, workplaces.
Wtf
I believe Florida has a law that combats this. I think it's called "Stand Your Ground" Innocent

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 15:23 LurkerLito

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 14:49:
LurkerLito wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 12:33:
Just use AnyDVD HD.

Like?!?!
You use slysoft's AnyDVD HD to decode the disc in the drive (it can do it on the fly so no need to even copy it to your HD) http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html It has a trial so you can download it and try it out for 21 days.

Then use VLC Player http://www.videolan.org/ to play the disc that is in the drive.

AnyDVD HD takes care of the encrypted data (ie it decodes the encrypted AACS data) and lets the player play the disc as if it had no encryption. Simple to use and IMHO the best and most flexible solution for DVD/BluRay Playback on a home built PC.

You could go with something like a dedicated BluRay player software you buy but it is less flexible and puts lots of useless crap on your system like extra DRM modules.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 12:33 LurkerLito

Just use AnyDVD HD. It'll decode anything for you and you can then use any player like VLC to play the discs. It'll also take care of any issues you might get if you are using an older monitor with no HDCP and also allow you to skip the the unskippable stuff like trailers they so often force you to go through.  

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
23. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 13:30 LurkerLito

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:02:
They actually did change the models though from the PC version and console versions. They essentially remodeled Lara Croft's face for some reason in the 'enhanced version.'
Probably to avoid paying likeness rights to the actress they modeled Lara after.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 11:15 LurkerLito

Just WOW! I am one of the backers of this little project, and I have to say I can't believe people are still giving money to it. I expected them to do well, but it seems unbelievable that they got this kind of money. I bet EA is kicking themselves in the rear wondering why they didn't make more Wing Commander games.  

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam "Any Day Now"
5. Re: Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam Dec 14, 2013, 13:39 LurkerLito

I rented this on the PS3, and honestly I hated it. It wasn't like Metal Gear Solid at all. If you are looking for a Metal Gear Solid Game on PC, this is NOT it. This is more of an 3rd person action game with more in common with Devil May Cry than Metal Gear Solid. The only Metal Gear Solid in it is the story and characters are from that "Universe". Other than that you could change the names of the characters and the game to something else, and marketed it as an action game and it would have sold better. That's probably why it's getting a PC port, no expectations, unlike on console, where you can't get over the idea of how can this be a Metal Gear Solid game, it plays nothing like one.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
8. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 11:48 LurkerLito

He has a point, but unfortunately it doesn't matter. There won't be any real difference between a console game and a high end PC game because the developers won't make them. PCs suffer from the lowest common denominator problem just like if one popular console is significantly more powerful than another. At the end of the day, unless it's something easy to do, no developer will go out of their way to use that extra power because it isn't cost effective enough to add those features in. The two released consoles max at 1080p so nothing will really take advantage of better than that for image quality. While the PCs will get to 4K resolutions faster, there will be no PC exclusives that will take advantage of that power difference because porting to the lower end more profitable consoles, will be difficult and costly. In this day and age, the only real PC exclusives would be in the indie game area, but indie games don't have the budgets to really take advantage of that extra power afforded to them. To really get something like this going, NVIDIA would have to be the one to help fund a PC exclusive that could actually take advantage of the PC vs Consoles difference. That though is more difficult than throwing money at the problem, since most people have PCs only at around the power of a PS4/XBone or less. So to make the killer PC only game they'd have to alienate pretty much the majority of the non-enthusiast marketplace.  

News Comments > No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals
16. Re: No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals Nov 19, 2013, 00:46 LurkerLito

ROFL...seriously? No wheel support in a driving game on PC. It's like they are telling their customers "don't buy this game". Not that I was planning on getting it, but it's a minimum requirement that a racing game I bought that wasn't bought from GoG and made in 199x support a racing wheel or I won't buy it. I think some of the racing games on GoG made in 199x support steering wheels and that just makes NFS Rivals even more pathetic.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 5, 2013, 22:02 LurkerLito

I hate this new system. I won't login to my steam account from anywhere other than the steam client. To me this is a way for them to reduce the key resellers abilities, at the expense of my steam account's security. Unfortunately I didn't know about it till after I bought the f**king bundle. Funny how I bought it for the 2 games I didn't already own and now I still don't get those 2 games because they won't give me the keys I paid for.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2013, 12:43 LurkerLito

It can't send an image, just a numerical representation of your facial features. That is definitely identifiable info. If they are measuring the distance between the eyes, the eye shape, the nose and it's shape, the ratio between the distances of the eyes, nose, mouth, hairline. You can come up with a potential pool who that person is simply by using the IP address from the XBone, that facial info, and calculate similar info within certain ranges from freely available pictures from facebook, google, instagram, etc... that came from the same general area of the IP and do a comparison. That will get you down to a small number of suspected people. If any agency would want a nearly perfect confirmation, they'd just have to do a drive by with a kinect camera on that small pool of suspects to see if they'd get the same info. They'd probably be able to get it down to the actual person by then depending on how accurate the Kinect actually is.  

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer
6. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 01:17 LurkerLito

Can't wait for this. First one was very good. It's probably going to be a day one purchase for me.  

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 10:46 LurkerLito

Honestly the biggest issue for me regarding the no CD playback or MP3 is the custom soundtrack ability in games. It becomes a useless feature till I can put my music on the HD or stream it from my DLNA box. I won't subscribe to Sony's music service. It's worthless to me because I buy the music I like on CDs. I won't pay them again so I can have the music I already bought playable in the background when I play something like a driving game. I guess it's a good thing there are no driving games available at launch hopefully they'll patch this oversight in before something like Drive Club gets released. The worst part of the GT line of games on the PS2 was the music. I don't want to go back to those days where it's better to turn off the music because you were so sick of hearing the same music you didn't necessarily like in the first place over and over.  

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
7. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 13:18 LurkerLito

Installed it just for shadowplay. And it works well for me. I played Batman Arkham Origins for about 5 mins with shadow play enabled and it didn't seem to affect the game at all. There still seems to be small issue with sound. The 5 minute clip I made, was missing some sounds here and there. Sometimes dialog or FX. It might be related to my sound settings being 5.1 and not stereo (since AFAIK there is not 5.1 sound recorder in windows). I didn't really play long enough, it was only 1 test. But it is nice, press alt-f10 (default shortcut) to save the last 5 minutes (default setting) about 1.5GB file @ 1080p.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 20:28 LurkerLito

The PS4's digital game sharing policy is decent. The only question I have though, is what if you can't deactivate a primary console due to hardware issue? If I didn't fix my YLOD PS3 myself, there would have been no way to deactivate the console if I wasn't willing to spend the money to send the console to Sony to fix. So what happens to my digital purchases in that case? Can I get Sony to deactivate it via a support call?  

100 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo