Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LurkerLito

Real Name LurkerLito   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LurkerLito
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2011, 20:27
Total Comments 159 (Novice)
User ID 56985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
9. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:36 LurkerLito

I love the game regardless. I knew then that the graphics I saw in 2013 was the best they could do at that time and was not at all surprised if it changed significantly in the end. I think the lesson they learned is to just keep your mouth shut and don't show anything off till your game engine is finished and are only working on the assets alone. Unfortunately that won't happen because the same people who are complaining now will complain that they haven't seen footage of their next game at one of the big gaming events. So really in the end either nothing will change or they will go dark till the end but either way people will still complain.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
6. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 6, 2015, 21:50 LurkerLito

I have never had an issue with GMG, but it looks like they are not selling a legit digital key. At best they are buying PAL region Namco Bandai box keys from the post on the CDPR forums.
They also list Bandai Namco as the published which is not true for w3 (namco is our box distributor in PAL), so GMG is not a CDPR partner for W3 but they still might sell Keys that will work

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
7. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 09:22 LurkerLito

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:00:
I can't wait until it's abused by one of the fly by night devs who do dcma takedowns on reviews that don't flatter them.
Maybe even the not so fly by night devs who will ban you for putting a bad review. So Valve enforces to shirk the responsibility of appeals is how it sounds to me. I am sure anyone wrongfully banned will have to go through the developer to appeal.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition Details
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition Details Apr 28, 2015, 23:10 LurkerLito

Haha $40 Season pass Screw that.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Apr 27, 2015, 09:42 LurkerLito

It's looking good, I really want this one. I just hope that the characters shown are actually playable and not paid DLC/Season Pass BS. I mean IIRC Harley Quinn is a preorder DLC, so I can't shake the feeling that every character shown in the trailer is DLC.  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
26. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:32 LurkerLito

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 15:22:
Mods for GTA5 will always be on Nexus only Steam literally doesn't allow dll mods.

Which also makes half of the listed mods (Cold and Wet) illegal. As they require SKSE which you can definitely not ever sell on Steam ;p Considering it reverse engineers the entire game and hooks into hundreds of calls.
You don't really understand that you are dreaming. The base package for the mod containing anything frowned upon by steam will be free at Nexus, then the content for that mod will be available only on Steam for you to buy. You monetize it and people will find a way to get around any limitations that keep them from the money. It's just a fact of life.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
22. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:05 LurkerLito

Worst idea ever. This is going to be a nightmare and everyone knows it. Forget about those free useful things we use to get on PC, now it will become like console DLC hell. Nickle and Dime-ing every little thing. Not to mention the legality of selling an addon for a game you license but do not own or are technically not allowed to reverse engineer. Believe me the publisher will put a stop to this or put in a big hurdle for modders because there is no way the publishers will allow this without getting a cut and that is for certain. Expect many EULA changes to happen in the coming days that will stop anyone from charging for mods from the publishers. Something like 95% of your gross goes to publisher before steam fees. You'll also possible play foul to licenses like Unity and UE4 with their very strict licensing.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 10:33 LurkerLito

I hope that the network requirement is only needed if playing whatever multiplayer garbage they threw into the game that I won't even touch. I won't be happy if they made this thing like the R* Social Club or uPlay client embedded into it again for always on DRM BS. That to me is the one thing missing in every single review, does the game still work if you unplug the network cable from the PC, if not auto deduct 2 or 3 /10 points in the review.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 11:24 LurkerLito

I don't usually care about speed runs because that's not how I play. It's nice to know that info though. Game length is usually just how much you want to do in game. I try to do as much as possible so I am guessing Witcher 3 is going to take me at least 80-90 hours or maybe 200 if I get the completion bug in my head, though that is rare occurrence and usually fades away after 60-70 hours .

News Comments > EFF vs ESA on DMCA for Abandoned Games
8. Re: EFF vs ESA on DMCA for Abandoned Games Apr 9, 2015, 15:21 LurkerLito

I seriously want these exemptions to go through. I mean seriously, just look at NOLF. People are willing to buy it, but not a single publisher is sure if they actually own the IP or the old game for that matter, so no one can even put out a GoG version. It's 100% abandoned, and no one can claim ownership to even put out the old version for sale. I think once something like that happens, the IP should immediately drop to Public Domain.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
41. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 01:29 LurkerLito

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 21:05:
walrus1 wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 20:49:
Wait you have to buy third party software to watch blurays? You can't use VLC?

Dunno, does VLC allow you to watch Bluray discs? It doesn't matter fo me as I still have a Bluray player, but I was thinking more in terms of burning media to Bluray discs. If GTA 5 came on a Bluray disc wouldn't you need software for the disc player to read it to begin with as it's data and not media?
To play BluRay movies on PC, you need something to decode the encryption on the disc like AnyDVD-HD + some player like VLC. AnyDVD-HD will decrypt the disc on the fly and VLC can then play the movie on the disc. If you buy something like Cyberlink PowerDVD with BluRay support, it automatically decodes the encryption and plays the BluRay Movie disc. VLC alone cannot play retail BluRay Discs because they all have copy protection on them.

The BR spec is the same as the BR Movie spec but the Movie spec adds default encryption to the data on the disc. A PC copy of GTAV if it was on BR disc would not have that default encryption so it would look like any other large data disc in the drive.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
8. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 19:40 LurkerLito

Can't wait for the main game now. The expansion pack though I'll wait to buy it till both parts are released. My biggest problem will be if I want to buy it then or not. I have a tendency to never play the expansion packs I buy if I already finished the main game.  

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
23. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 19:59 LurkerLito

This should be a cautionary tail of buying "cloud" anything. While significantly less likely, the same thing could happen to any of the digital distributors like Steam, Origin or uPlay. Even GoG a similar thing can happen though at least with them you could play and reinstall any game you owned that you downloaded the installer files for. Everything else requires access to their respective service to even play the game so just like OnLive, if they decide they are done you'd be SOL.

As far as Sony, this puts them in a good place for streaming games. With Gaikai and the bought OnLive patents to entrench their streaming platform, they can expand their digital services very nicely. If I were them, for their next console everything bought today digitally would be streaming enabled with a PS+ subscription on any device. So if you bought a PS4/PS3/PS2/PS1 game digitally, you could play it via streaming on any PS device. That would ensure PS5 having backwards compatibility for games via streaming. It would be a big advantage in the next console generation. I bet it would also increase sales for digital copies vs Disc.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
17. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 13:06 LurkerLito

I agree about the buffs, they just seem so useless. I play a wizard character and I don't even bother with the protection spells at all. They seem useless because the aren't instantly cast, they last a few seconds, so unless I am psychic I don't see how to really use them effectively in combat. Better to have more offense and kill them faster than buff to protect your team.

I don't mind turn based combat, or the limited spells you can put in the spell book , but I always disliked the whole D&D type you can only cast X number of times till your rest type spell systems. I just hate the immersion breaking actions required to "rest". Setting up a camp in a dungeon to rest of 8 hours to recover is just stupid. Never liked it in the D&D type games, and I still don't really like it now.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 11:59 LurkerLito

Games that have excessive length are great but only if they are excellent (and so far the Witcher series has not disappointed me). In my experience the excessive length games that are excellent never feel long enough, while the bad ones never seem to end. A similar thing happens with the shorter games, if they are very good, you feel ripped off cause it will seem there is so much left to add to the game that could add to the enjoyment, while the good to mediocre games seem just the right length, and the bad games just seem to drag on no matter how short it actually is.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
8. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 09:41 LurkerLito

If there is enough of a backlash EA will disable it and then claim it was a "mistakenly enabled feature" and not to worry cause "they got your back."

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
6. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 14:30 LurkerLito

I won't bother with the DLC. I got my 100+ hours and I am done with it. They'll definitely Ultimate Edition this game and maybe when that version is $10 I'll buy it again for whatever DLCs gets released if they make something I might actually play. The only DLCs I have ever played were the ones I got while I was still playing. All the DLCs that came out after I finished the game that I bought sit on my HD or in the "cloud" never having been touched lol.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
41. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 17:13 LurkerLito

Personally I don't mind either controller or KB/M. I played both Witcher games using KB/M and it was fine. I played DA:I also with both and the controller was better. I just hope Witcher 3 doesn't do something stupid like DA:I did and make it either one or the other and not both. I am a PC player so I have a KB/M no need to disable it and all it's buttons just because I am using a controller. I want to be able to use all those extra buttons.  

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
25. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 14, 2015, 19:34 LurkerLito

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 17:00:
350 games and counting and no need yet for customer service (fingers crossed). Can anyone give some examples of how bad it can be?
Sure, at the time I had about 500+ games on steam, it was during a winter sale (2012), I just bought a bunch of games from the sale, one of them was for $2.50. I start up steam the next day and it pops up a message "Account suspended please contact support". So I contact support immediately, 3 days later, I found out the problem. They said, I somehow got one game I didn't install yet but have a receipt that I paid for it already, for free. IE the CC didn't pay them. So I called the CC and found out no one charged the card. So I contact Steam, 3 days later, they said, well something is wrong cause they didn't get paid. So I told them just charge the card again the CC is just waiting there to be used, it's only $2.50. 3 days later, I get the reply "We can't do that" and I have to rebuy the game (now not on sale for $10) within 3 days or my suspended account gets permanently suspended and all 500+ games along with it go down the toilet. Their problem, their fault but yet I was about to lose thousands of dollars of purchased games. They think I somehow would have my account with 500+ games banned to save $2.50. Steam expertly extorted $7.50 extra from me for a game I only bought because it was $2.50. Hell I didn't even install it yet and they could have just removed it completely from my account, but instead they threatened me to re-buy it immediately. Even after paying their extortion money to them, instead of saying thanks, they instead threatened my account, by telling me, if it happens again the my account will get banned. Yeah that's right, I pay them more money because of their mistake and they got the balls to say, don't let it happen again or my account will be suspended permanently. That is Steam Support, 3 days between replies, and no way to really contact them when you need to actually talk to someone live. They put me in a position where my account would have been permanently suspended so I couldn't even complain about the $7.50 extortion fee they put on me because if I argued with it, the account would have been suspended (AFAIK permanently) before they would even have replied to my message.

Steam is a nice system as long as you don't run into an problem, but as soon as you do, you will hate it cause it really is a piece of sh*t. Everyone tying all their games to one account is a terrible idea. That's why I buy from GoG as much as possible and keep all my downloaded install files stored on my home file server.

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
10. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 14, 2015, 16:06 LurkerLito

Have to agree with everyone. Steam has probably the WORST customer service of any company. Worst part is they have been saying the same thing about their CS for years and it hasn't improved.  

159 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo