Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LurkerLito

Real Name LurkerLito   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LurkerLito
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2011, 20:27
Total Comments 217 (Novice)
User ID 56985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
17. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 16:18 LurkerLito

Bundy wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 14:05:
Square was paid to make it a Win10 exclusive. Just like they were paid to release on XB1 first. That money helps fund development. Why are we pretending these things are brand new? This is how the gaming industry has worked since infancy.
As other posts have noted it is not exclusive to Win 10. Just pointing out how Win 10 was unnaturally "stressed" as something like a major feature on the official site instead of it saying for Windows alone without the number 10 associated with it.

Square was paid for limited exclusivity on XB1, that is all. I am sure they were given some nudges to stress Windows 10 and the game since MS has nothing to offer Win 10 from their studios as exclusives that anyone would go out of their way to install Win 10 for it. Even this game wouldn't do it, but it's a big enough release to want it to mention Win 10 and hope some more gullible people will sign over their souls err data to get it for free.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
8. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 11:21 LurkerLito

Square should know better than make it Win 10 Exclusive. They'd lose a lot of buyers if it was. Though you have to hand it to MS for desperately trying to make it sound like Win 10 is somehow special for the game lol.

So don't forget folks to upgrade your Windows 7 licenses to Windows 10 for free. We can now collect data on you of course anonymously for personally targeted ads made just for you, force updates on your system even if you don't want them cause it might break some of your program, but don't you worry about those pesky broken programs, we even delete them for you without telling you. Windows 10 All UR DATA B Mine Edition. Remember it's a FREE upgrade Deal Devil

News Comments > Descent Royalty Dispute
1. Re: Descent Royalty Dispute Dec 30, 2015, 10:03 LurkerLito

I hate these kinds of deals. I don't blame Parallax at all for doing this but seriously, don't sell the trademark name without the dam game. Now this game is basically in limbo and can never be sold again till their dispute is done. Parallax can't sell it because it would be trademark infringement, Interplay can't sell it cause it would be copyright infringement. I am pretty sure it is crap like this that keeps old games like NoLF near impossible to find the "owners".  

News Comments > Kojima's Konami Exit?
11. Re: Kojima's Konami Exit? Dec 16, 2015, 02:11 LurkerLito

Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 01:22:
I doubt we'll ever hear the details on exactly why the split happened. But i have my doubts that Konami is the Devil, and Kojima is a saint.

<snip>

Just sayin, I don't have any info on Konami being irrationally dickish for no reason (I welcome new data), but we all have decades of info on Kojima being fucking nutty.

True we will probably never hear the real story, but it says a lot when your game wins an award and Konami tells the game creator he can't go to the award presentation to accept an award he deserves in recognition of the work he did for them. So yeah we have some real strong indicators that Konami was being irrationally dickish.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
21. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 16:36 LurkerLito

Still doesn't fix my fast travel map bug. I still can't use it normally. I have spam the left click for me to fast travel anywhere. Funny though, the map works fine if I am in power armor but if I am not it's faster for me to turn on my tablet with the app loaded and fast travel that way.  

News Comments > Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Tomorrow
6. Re: Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Tomorrow Nov 4, 2015, 12:02 LurkerLito

deadearth wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 11:13:
LurkerLito wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 10:42:
lol, what a bunch of crap. Sorry no thanks. So loyal buyers of DS2 at release that bought all the DLC + Season pass that are included in the "Franchise" pack get the privilege of paying them another $6 for a Graphic Engine patch. Hahaha_no

I think you're missing one of the tiers:

Owners of the Darksiders franchise pack on Steam or the whole series on GOG.com will get this for free

if you are missing just one of the dlcs (or the first game) though it seems you'll only get the 80% discount
Nope read it again and check the steam forums where the developer replied. If you didn't buy the bundle from GoG or Steam "Franchise pack" that was just released a few months ago on GoG and Steam, even if you own every single DLC + Season Pass + both games, you will only get a 80% discount (comes out to $6).

Here is the official reply:
Hi guys,
Our original plan was to have the free copy unlocked for everyone owning Darksiders II and ALL DLCs but unfortunately this was technically not possible so we were told and therefore we chose the Steam version being the one unit unlocking the free copy which is as close as possible to the content we wanted our loyal fans to own - the Darksiders Franchise pack. Hope you anyways appreciate the great loyalty program, we will offer you together with our friends from Valve, no matter if you are unlocking the free copy or the high end 80 % discount.
Thank you & Cheers

News Comments > Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Tomorrow
2. Re: Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Tomorrow Nov 4, 2015, 10:42 LurkerLito

lol, what a bunch of crap. Sorry no thanks. So loyal buyers of DS2 at release that bought all the DLC + Season pass that are included in the "Franchise" pack get the privilege of paying them another $6 for a Graphic Engine patch. Hahaha_no  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 24, 2015, 09:51 LurkerLito

Doh, Metro 2033 is not free for me when I clicked that link

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2015, 17:54.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2015, 09:38 LurkerLito

For me I like only the beginning of the show. I watch Colbert for the first about 20 mins or so pretty much just before the first "guestvertisment" comes on. I like the humor about the news events much like the Daily Show. It's pretty much fine till the guest starts talking.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
205. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 17:10 LurkerLito

Personally I stopped caring. If I get it great, if it's amazing, even better. If it fails, I'll be a bit pissed but it was only $35 so no big loss. After the above video I redid my numbers and they turned out a little better assuming the list of the number of employees is accurate. Still it's not that big a difference if they are really spending $3m or more a month now.

Those big name actors are going to be a wildcard honestly. I don't know how much they paid them but I am sure it was very steep. Just standing in a box and reading lines costs a min of $750 + extras (pension plan contributions etc) according to SAG rules, but this one has mocap, travel expenses, room and board if they aren't near the facility, likeness rights fees etc. I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least 6 figures per person.

As far as what was shown, I am not really that impressed especially with the SQ42 trailer even though it did look good. I still think they are underfunded for this game. Given they only showed one star system, they have to build 100 of them. Assuming they only have to build at most 25 unique and then Dragon Age 2 the rest by mirroring and copying assets between the unique ones, it should still take at least a month to make each unique star system. And that is 25 months out minimally (which if their spending is $3m/month right now means a minimum expenditure of $75m).

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
162. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 13:50 LurkerLito

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 10:40:
At the moment CIG has around 250 staff - even if you assume an average salary of $80,000 (the industry average) that's only $1.7m a month. It also has around 100 contractors, who will be paid a fraction of that (even if you assume $50,000 that's $0.4m). Even when you add in the cost of studios, bandwidth and computers you're not going to be looking at much more than $3m a month - meanwhile the game has raised an average of $2.5m a month for the past six months. Most of those staff have joined recently and they would have had substantially lower staff costs for 2013-2014. One also has to remember that there has been little in the way of new playable content or big releases, which has reduced funding - if CitizenCon goes well that's likely to change.

But fuck logic, right? Let's all worship Derek Smart as he proclaims that his games are literally the Holy Grail of the space sim genre. He's the mad man wandering through the streets, drooling and wearing his underwear on his head, yet people like Kxmode actually pretend he has some credibility.
OK so let's use YOUR numbers and say they AVERAGED since 2013 till September 2015 (33 months) approximately $2m per month. That should more than take care of the first year 2013 of having a lower number of employees and lower operating costs. Then very simple to use math to calculate that they have used up approximately $66m out of the $90m they had. At that $2m/month rate they only have 12 months of money left (~$24m left). But if you use your numbers and say CIG is now burning $3m/month then that is ~8 months. Let's say he gets another $3m this month from spaceship sales. Do you honestly believe this game will be DONE in 8-13 months? I know I don't from what CIG has shown. That doesn't even take into consideration the simple fact that even if CIG miraculously finishes the game feature complete in the next 13 months, he won't have enough money to keep the servers running for the PU running without a bare minimum requiring a subscription fee.

You don't need Derek Smart to figure out that CIG is in way over their heads and they are running low on cash now. It's simply basic logic applied to simple math along with what CIG has shown and accomplished over the past 33 months vs what they have promised to deliver in the finished product and the time left they have in terms of approximate cash they have left. To put it in simple terms, fire up the latest version of SC that you have. Play it, and tell yourself what your are playing now took 33 months! They now have somewhere on the order of 8-13 months left of cash. Now ask yourself the simple question, if what you just played took 33 months to make, how can they expect to finish what they promised in the next 8-13 months and keep up the PU servers?

News Comments > Quote of the Day
8. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 30, 2015, 22:10 LurkerLito

I don't think so. They can hope, but unfortunately I don't think it will be around past maybe at most one more console generation. PCs are basically done with physical media. IIRC MGSV was released with only a steam client installer on the disc but no game files lol.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
77. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 16:21 LurkerLito

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 16:04:
Yeah, this article surveyed industry professionals and came up with an average salary of $83K. I tacked on $1000 per month to that per person, but maybe that's low. Let's assume $120K per person per year, everything included. That's $2.5M per month, still far short of $3.5M. The difference is at $2.5M per month they can work for 3 years. At $3.5M only two. I hope Chris has some outside investors lined up.
Umm no. They have been at this since 1/2013 since the kickstarter ended in 11/2012. So if you estimate a generally $2m/month since the start of Jan 2013. Give or take they have already spent $66m of that $90m. So if they can keep an average of about $2m/month over the life of the project (some months larger or smaller), they have approx $24m left or about 12 months of money left. If you factor in some allowances for things like having less employees the first year etc. maybe they have 15-18 months of money left. From now on layoffs will become more common, and ship concept sales should occur more frequently.

Edit: Oops sorry. I mis read that I thought you were implying they had 3 years left of money.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2015, 16:43.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
3. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 09:46 LurkerLito

If Valve did give them the HL license, I guarantee you that a PC "Steam" version would be required for the deal to even happen.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 14, 2015, 09:39 LurkerLito

91 Percent of Americans Would Be OK with a Backdoor in Their Software
If you take those same 91% of the surveyed and explain to them that when those backdoors are found by the "bad" guys they will be put into a very costly and lengthy process to attempt to recover (if it is even possible) their identity and destroyed credit rating, they will change their minds.

Just because you trust the government or anyone in general enough to give them a spare key to your house, does not mean they won't lose it or someone might not steal that from them. Just look at how lax people are, news crew visits and shows username/password in the background here and here. How about the OPM hack? That is a government computer system used to run background checks on government employees. If they can't keep that secure think at how much effort they will put into normal people's security.

Anyone believing that allowing backdoors into software can help keep themselves safe from anything is an absolute idiot. All it will do is create a single point of failure, and when it fails, all you will get is a bunch of politicians pandering on TV about trying to find someone to blame, having possibly millions of people's lives destroyed, and not coming up with the simple solution that "having a backdoor put into any software on purpose for any 'righteous' cause is idiocy."

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2015, 10:06 LurkerLito

Backers with more than 10 ships numbered well around 20~30, while those with more than 20 ships numbered more than 10, with a few in attendance having 30 to 40+ ships.
Rubeyes
I am definitely in the camp of spend your money how you like but, umm ... bah nevermind Wtf

News Comments > Evening Interviews
32. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 5, 2015, 10:45 LurkerLito

harlock wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 18:32:
this is complete bullshit... kickstarter only lasts a month... these assholes have been crowdfunding FOR YEARS NOW..
And that's been the biggest problem with SC in general. That's really the main law I want the SEC to pass regarding crowdfunded projects. Once a crowdfunded project has successfully been funded, no more crowdfunding can continue through the use of adding additional content or features to the project for additional funds. The only way a game like SC could go from Vision 1.0 to use Derek Smart's terminology, to Vision 2.0, is to refund every cent to all backers and redo the crowdfunding from scratch. A law like this would still let them continue to generate funds by selling merchandise like t-shirts, etc... or even do subscriptions to forums and video channels if they wanted. It would only stop new funding for new features or content so a project can stay true to the original crowdfunded goals.

if anything, it will be the poster child for dumbass gamers who got swindled hardcore

anyone with half a brain sees it as a scam - thats not new, they been around forever, and anytime there is a new platform for moving money, there will be a scam involved sooner or later..
Yes it will be that to, but I don't think it changes that it will still most likely hurt crowdfunding especially in the game projects area.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
19. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 4, 2015, 09:44 LurkerLito

Task wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 09:01:
Citation please, otherwise this is hearsay. Plenty of space games being made, plenty of crowdfunds still succeeding regardless of SC.
The point is that SC has a big impact because it is one of the largest most successful at fund raising and is a poster child for the model that gets mentioned in mainstream magazines like Forbes. No one can truly know what it may or may not do to the crowdfunding model if it fails. The one thing that can be certain is if a well known name like Chris Roberts, who people see as experienced and should know enough about making games can gather all this money and can't make a "good" game that gets accolades, but instead release a buggy pile of crap then goes off to bankruptcy, then this project will become the poster child reason for not supporting crowdfunding and it will be picked up by mainstream media. That will most likely hurt all future crowdfunded projects.

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
149. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 15:01 LurkerLito

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:44:
A better analogy would be buying a lottery ticket only to find the prize is bigger and better than what was originally planned but that it will take longer to receive it. Do you want $1,000,000 now or $10,000,000 later?
No the best analogy is, a bunch of people buy a lottery tickets and each one wins the grand prize that will pay out $1m per person, then the lottery officials say, "we'll give you all $10m each after 10 years by using your money as the seed 'investment' at the race track" with the caveat that you might lose that $1m you already should have.

Now a majority of the "winners" decide they want their $10m, and the lottery officials say, well since the majority wants it, fuck you to the minority of users that only wanted their guaranteed $1m winning ticket.

That said ... I can't believe how long all these threads are. I can't seem to look away from the train wreck. Rubeyes
Popcorn

News Comments > Onikira: Demon Killer for PC. Onikira Released
4. Re: Onikira: Demon Killer for PC. Onikira Released Aug 27, 2015, 14:47 LurkerLito

I bought this early access and I only played it a little bit. It was kind of like a 2D Devil May Cry type game. It was fun but since it was early access I ended up shelving it for another game while I waited for release. I guess I should load up steam and check it now.  

217 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo