Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Crustacean Soup

Real Name Crustacean Soup   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2011, 01:04
Total Comments 381 (Amateur)
User ID 56982

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Super Sunday Metaverse
26. Re: Super Sunday Metaverse Feb 4, 2013, 17:24 Crustacean Soup

One cool thing about Windows 8: it works really well with the latest version of Splashtop from an Android tablet, since Splashtop now uses Windows 8's built-in touchscreen device support. You can use Windows 8's own onscreen keyboard and everything.

One odd thing: whenever Fallout New Vegas crashes on me, it takes down Metro altogether. No more start menu unless using a start menu replacer. What?

One annoying thing: The task manager, while very nice, takes forever to start.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 30, 2013, 14:26 Crustacean Soup

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Trailer
4. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 13:59 Crustacean Soup

jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 13:41:
I had no idea SoaDA was a MOBA. Thought it was an strategy game a la the original Sins. I agree with the other commenters, while I loved Sins, and appreciate how Ironclad continued to update that game and keep it fresh, I don't have much interest in this. Not really into multiplayer much.

Edit, and yeah, I that's a terrible video, but I don't blame that guy. He's doing the best that he can.
I thought I heard that it's supposed to be an RTS/MOBA hybrid (someone playing RTS with the creeps). I appear to have been mistaken.

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
23. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 26, 2013, 19:38 Crustacean Soup

Ant wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 14:27:
Weird. I came home and retried the game again. It worked. No weird colors. Maybe leaving the game on for over five hours overnight (was downloading and told Steam to go ahead and automatically launch it) was a bad idea.

However, the advanced training guy got stuck after talking to me. Is there a way to skip the beginning training and go to the advanced one?

Err, you might be able to do "ce telly" in the console after the initial chat from the guy at the start (as soon as it says "Press RMB to block"), assuming the LDs left that debug command in.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 14:15:
I kept turning down graphical settings hoping it was just my older comp, but nothing seemed to help it. It played fine through the tutorial, and I had 40-50 ping on the two servers I tried.

Framerate, or a networking/server thing? 40-50 ms is usually fine networking-wise. The content update has optimizations that help quite a bit with framerate on older computers, including making low detail more aggressive in removing things, and adding an adjustable ragdoll timer/limit, and other things. Unfortunately we missed getting that out before the free weekend, though one can switch over to the beta (right click on the game in the Steam library, Properties, Betas...)

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
22. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 14:59 Crustacean Soup

Panickd wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 14:00:
Battlefield 3 has a colorblind mode that changed the color of the player markers. I used it even though I'm not color blind because it made the symbols pop more and they were way easier to see than the regular ones.

That was a really necessary addition too. I've got the most common color deficiency (a weak red-green color blindness), and with colorblind mode off the pale red and pale green markers are often completely indistinguishable.

I haven't heard of any games going as far as it sounds like SimCity is with that though. It's pretty cool.

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
13. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 25, 2013, 13:12 Crustacean Soup

Armengar wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 03:06:
It's a mod?
We have a full UE3 license, it's not even a UDK title.

Like Steam's description says, a decent-sized content update is going to drop soon too, adding a new TO map, a duel mode, new weapons, and other things (there's a beta thread in the forums). We're pretty serious about supporting the game

News Comments > Storm Brewing at Starbreeze
10. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 16:28 Crustacean Soup

Aero wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 15:57:
It's getting to the point where I couldn't care less about another Unreal Engine, flying a floating gun, first person shooter regardless of how well it's executed.
I thought player movement in Dishonored was pretty good

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
5. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 18, 2013, 22:09 Crustacean Soup

NKD wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 21:56:
Prez wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 21:50:
It's getting ugly for a lot of gaming companies lately. Not good.

I don't really see this as a new thing. Game companies, unless mega-successful in the long term with a huge bankroll behind them, are always just one flop away from the shitcan.

Even within successful companies, this isn't even slightly uncommon.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC
26. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC Jan 8, 2013, 18:26 Crustacean Soup

I try to avoid dashing or running through doors/windows unless I absolutely have to (I assume that's what you meant?), but I'm also extremely impatient  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC
21. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC Jan 8, 2013, 16:17 Crustacean Soup

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 14:32:
Finished my first game on normal, total cake walk.

I must be terrible at this. I'm playing Normal / Iron man as my first game, and I've lost several soldiers already. I've had one failed mission that I can recall; the first time I came across a Berzerker, I managed to lose three soldiers and barely got the others out. Having a great time despite my awfulness, though

News Comments > Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod
14. Re: Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod Jan 8, 2013, 16:11 Crustacean Soup

I've had it installed for a while, and I don't like it. I understood going in that it was meant as flavor, that's not my issue with it.

Everything is over-written; the language is too flowery, it's too verbose, and the dialogues monologues stretch on forever. Even the response choices are extremely long and silly. Yes, you can escape or skip at any point, but if you're always doing that then what's the point? I don't mind the voice acting so much, but I do mind the actors' recording setups. Some of them are good, many of them are terrible and massively detract.

News Comments > NVIDIA Portable Announced
31. Re: NVIDIA Portable Announced Jan 7, 2013, 15:26 Crustacean Soup

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 14:38:
At no point while I am at home do I want to play a game with great graphics on a screen the size of my cell phone. Hell, I wish my Vita did video out to my TV.

It has HDMI, I was thinking part of the reason for this would be so that people who don't have their PCs hooked up to their TV could play PC games on the big screen...

News Comments > November Steam Hardware & Software Survey
6. Re: November Steam Hardware & Software Survey Dec 13, 2012, 14:05 Crustacean Soup

Dev wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 10:51:
I wonder what composes the half a percent category termed "other" ? If its mostly linux flavors, or?

Other versions of OS X and server editions of Windows, maybe?

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Adds Dawn of War
26. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Adds Dawn of War Dec 11, 2012, 15:38 Crustacean Soup

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 05:08:
NamecaF wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 02:27:
But if this is a regular tactic all Humble Bundles do, then it seems rather strange. Why not just include all the games at the outset?

I'm sure it's just to sweeten the deal to entice people on the fence and generate additional buzz. Also by adding two extra sets of games to the bundle, they generated 3 news items on three different days rather than one if they'd just thrown them all up at the outset.

Exactly. They got this additional story right here, didn't they?

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Grows
23. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Grows Dec 7, 2012, 15:33 Crustacean Soup

I didn't have Tales of Valor, and I had retail versions of the other CoHs. I've dreaded reinstalling them because the last time I did the patch process took at least a good hour of me clicking OK to a ton of incremental patches, so getting them on Steam is totally worth it.  

News Comments > Planets Under Attack Demos
1. Re: Planets Under Attack Demos Dec 7, 2012, 15:31 Crustacean Soup

So it's another Galcon-alike. This time it's in space, exactly like, uh, Galcon.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2012, 17:15 Crustacean Soup

Huh, no shit. That's good to know. I wasn't aware of where the source of these was.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2012, 17:02 Crustacean Soup

They're not ranking revenue, as far as I can tell, they're ranking sales. Not all games sell at the same price. Either way, free games don't 'sell' so they don't show up on the ranking.  

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
11. Re: SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025 Dec 1, 2012, 17:54 Crustacean Soup

Yeah, I don't believe it shows their location on the map if you're looking at other continents. Insert or Instant Action will deploy you over to their continent, though.  

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
9. Re: SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025 Dec 1, 2012, 17:49 Crustacean Soup

Insert will (or rather, is supposed to) spawn you on your Squad Leader. You can only use it once every few minutes. If Insert doesn't work, go to the map and click the Squad Leader button at the bottom-left to Instant Action onto them (again, once every few minutes at max).

Most of the time, once you're on the same continent as the rest of your squad, you just spawn at the spawn point closest your squad leader. This might be a squad spawn beacon, if they put one down. Whatever the closest spawn point to your squad leader is gets colored green in the redeploy screen. Once deployed, squad members show on your HUD and map with green icons.

381 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo