Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Crustacean Soup

Real Name Crustacean Soup   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2011, 01:04
Total Comments 378 (Amateur)
User ID 56982

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 20, 2013, 14:07 Crustacean Soup

I don't normally go for exploration "games" that don't actually have anything in the way of gameplay, but this was just extremely well-executed.
nin wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 12:53:
I'd love to get this, but is there much replay value?
Once you've found all the narrative branches (some are sneaky,) there's nothing really left to do. I'd treat it like a movie or a book purchase.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Free Endless Space DLC Next Month
1. Re: More Free Endless Space DLC Next Month Oct 19, 2013, 01:16 Crustacean Soup

Fifth? I haven't played since around launch, how much has the game changed since then? Anyone?  

General Discussion > Civ 5 PBEM Game
2. Re: Civ 5 PBEM Game Oct 18, 2013, 21:46 Crustacean Soup

Having not played either, is there any reason it'd be a PBEM game instead of a GMR game?

Either way, I'd be in for it. I haven't done any multiplayer in 5.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
2. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 18, 2013, 21:43 Crustacean Soup

So yeah, I don't know if Blue's covered this yet, but we've also got Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior available for pre-order and early-access beta right now.

We've also just released the Release Candidate for Medieval Warfare's SDK. Thursday was a big day

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
26. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 20:33 Crustacean Soup

Are there still OEMs installing 32-bit Windows on machines with 64-bit CPUs? I know we have some 32-bit users, and I don't know of any 32-bit CPUs that would run our game halfway acceptably.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
20. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 19:39 Crustacean Soup

Shineyguy wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 11:09:
I had the audio thing on save load. Appears that it just plays the last audio log you've picked up. Not really an inconvenience to me all in all.

I thought that was intentional. Generally nothing happens immediately after you load, so filling the time with Keith David seems like a good thing.

I did have a small handful of crashes and infinite loading screens, but that's about it. I had a handful of crashes and infinite loading screens in SR3 as well.

News Comments > Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP
2. Re: Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP Sep 16, 2013, 20:04 Crustacean Soup

Firefall isn't a WOW-type game in any way. There's no auto-attack. It's a f2p first/third-person shooter. The PvP resembles something like TF2, in self-contained instanced matches. The PvE takes place in a largish, free-roaming multiplayer world (Planetside is a closer comparison for the PvE world)  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer
15. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer Sep 13, 2013, 21:14 Crustacean Soup

Fantaz wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 15:11:
imo all those effects can be done in software without needing special hardware.
Sure, it just can't be done anywhere near as quickly. Engines are starting to get their own GPU particle/physics implementations though (e.g. the previously mentioned Assassin's Creed 4; UE4), and Bullet's next major version has GPU acceleration.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2013, 22:45 Crustacean Soup

Creston wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 21:54:
Once you've heard a few toolbags like the MS Shamwow guy (Look how far I have my tongue up Microsoft's ass! That's deep! AND NO LEAKAGE! AMAZING!) it's easy to just assume that every dev is a publisher-cock sucking whore and to just treat them as the enemy.
You don't really like a guy, so someone treating him and other game developers as something less than human is kinda understandable? I don't get it.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Sells 1.2M
1. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Sells 1.2M Aug 12, 2013, 21:10 Crustacean Soup

We have the patch notes, and another infographic for the new customization feature, on http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/1882

Edit: And now I realize you linked to that already. I'll just use the excuse that I'm sick and go back to playing Blood Dragon.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2013, 21:22.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2013, 17:56 Crustacean Soup

Glad to see Papers, Please on there, it's just so different.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 11, 2013, 01:22 Crustacean Soup

RE: Papers, Please:

It's an absolutely intriguing game. I'd just watch the video trailer on the Steam store page; reading any review is probably just going to spoil far too much of it.

News Comments > Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced
17. Re: Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced Jul 20, 2013, 17:42 Crustacean Soup

HW2 is still pretty good looking. The stylized art direction still works. Higher texture resolution wouldn't hurt though.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 01:57 Crustacean Soup

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:03:
That headset is a pretty big deal to, I guess they are hoping that players now deem it a necessity. Like how the PS4 will have it in every box.
I did use a Kinect instead of an Xbox 360 headset for voice for awhile. It didn't pick up any background noise. The only problem was that it wouldn't pick me up if I talked softly, as I'm accustomed to doing with headsets to save my voice. You also can't easily dial the volume and mute the thing like you can with a headset.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
29. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 9, 2013, 15:10 Crustacean Soup

On other forums I have seen this:

A poster who is about a month old starts a thread on the new hot game, and from that point on that's all they talk about on the forum. Looking at their posts before that point, this person just posts "me too"-type posts; quick, devoid of content, often barely even related to the thread they're posting in.

That could be a fanboy, but sometimes these are from games you wouldn't expect that from, and the weird posting pattern before shill mode is extremely suspicious. I have seen this for games from larger companies. I've seen a forum with multiple suspect posters like this who all focus on games from one larger company.

From what I've heard, and it may just be conspiracy mongering, the good ones aren't that obvious. They have software to keep track of personas and they ride the quiet period for longer before breaking into shill mode.

I don't doubt that the vast majority of one-shots and "shills" are actually fanboys or possibly even developers, though.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID 2
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID 2 May 31, 2013, 00:57 Crustacean Soup

Shataan wrote on May 30, 2013, 22:01:
"There is no cockpit view"

Well that suxorz donkey ballZ!
Awwww.

I really like the cockpit view in GRID. Yes, it was a silly unrealistic game, but at least it was a visceral silly unrealistic game. The only racing games I've played in third person in the last... several years have been Criterion games.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse May 31, 2013, 00:54 Crustacean Soup

People talk about how Netflix is short on content. I've been following its suggestions (well, picking things based on predicted star rating; the "Top 10" and the like somehow don't make much sense) and watching things I'd never think of watching before, a lot of which is terrific. I've yet to run out of things to watch.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation May 25, 2013, 01:49 Crustacean Soup

PhysX was supported on the 360 too, though it wasn't GPU-accelerated.  

23. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 01:24 Crustacean Soup

Yeah, I really can't do anything about old drivers unfortunately. The particular build of UE3 the game's code is based off is a bit more than 3 years newer than those drivers. ;(  

21. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 00:47 Crustacean Soup

Ant wrote on May 25, 2013, 00:39:
Well, I still need to know how to play it! It looks complex! Also, I think I had video issues too. I don't know if that was resolved as well.
It definitely works well enough to do that, it's just some fancy flourishes that don't work properly. The game is pretty easy to jump into anyways, a brief perusal of the keybinds will get you most of the basics, with the details coming in as you play (and many servers are full of new players right now).

I vaguely recall you mentioning your video issues before. Didn't sound like anything I'd heard before. Old GPU or drivers? As far as rendering goes, the engine is pretty much standard UE3.

378 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo