Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Crustacean Soup

Real Name Crustacean Soup   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2011, 01:04
Total Comments 381 (Amateur)
User ID 56982

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 22, 2012, 16:46 Crustacean Soup

Techie714 wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 11:55:
ASeven wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 11:08:
Glad to see Chivalry that high up. The game is awesome and is everything WotR should have been.

Agree! Chivalry is a pretty fun game. I played a few hours this weekend & loved it! I got it when it was on KS for 15.00.

Feeling the <3 . We're pretty stoked to be selling this well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Medieval Mayor Announced
4. Re: Medieval Mayor Announced Oct 17, 2012, 03:47 Crustacean Soup

Pharaoh is right up there amongst my favorites. I really hope this one goes well, I've had a hankering for a good city builder for a while.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Oct 17, 2012, 03:40 Crustacean Soup

There's a Steam server browser issue currently affecting anyone who isn't on the beta Steam client, or hasn't played a game that's caused Steam to download a certain master server list file. Until Valve updates Steam to solve it, the fix is to either opt into the Steam beta, or download the file here or here and drop it in Program Files\Steam\Config.

That aside, launch seems to be going pretty well

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2012, 00:23.

News Comments > Indie Royale Fall Bundle
4. Re: Indie Royale Fall Bundle Oct 16, 2012, 16:55 Crustacean Soup

The web version of Reprisal is free on their website if you want to check it out. The desktop one "has all the thrills and spills of the web version with enhanced music in super stereo chiptuneness, local storage and enhanced screen size. It also has unlockable Challenge islands which will be added to over time"  

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
43. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 13, 2012, 02:56 Crustacean Soup

eunichron wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 09:55:
That's what I don't get about most developers, that is, why they remove features from game series' that are essentially iterations of themselves. EA isn't the only one that does it, but for things like Madden (any sports game really), Sims, Sim City... there's absolutely no excuse for the removal of features, there should only be added or tweaked/fixed features.

When have the Sim City games ever been "essentially iterations" like annual sports games? Do you think Sim City 4 is built on Sim City 3000's code is built on Sim City 2000's code is built on Sim City? Or that the designs are even extremely close and never got rid of or streamlined anything? (oh boy, there are some Sim City 2000 fans who would take issue with that)

I'm concerned that it's too multiplayer-centric (I like a god/builder game to be in my own private sandbox), but that aside I'm all for shaking up the gameplay. I already got my fill of the previous Sim City games, I don't want them to just rehash them.

News Comments > WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship Demo
8. Re: WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship Demo Oct 13, 2012, 00:58 Crustacean Soup

It does look that way, but in-game it seems pretty similar to Dirt, just without all the cinematic flourishes and fancy menus. Definitely not simulation physics. It's kind of like a low-budget, completely rally-centric Dirt.

Not too bad; I'd love to see a modern hardcore sim rally game though.

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
21. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 12, 2012, 00:59 Crustacean Soup

No problem with not having terraforming or subways. The multiplayer thing is the only thing that really concerns me; you can do private regions, but it sounds like the multiplayer thing is pretty ingrained into the game design. I'd definitely do multiplayer if it's any good, but I don't want to lose anything when I opt not to.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 18:34 Crustacean Soup

I have no idea what to think of Forza Horizon. It's not as crazy over-the-top as the Criterion NFS games. It's not as crazy realistic as Forza 4. It doesn't have the cool cockpit mode / arcadeyness / damage that Shift, GRID, and DIRT have. It pushes the "xtreme awesome festival" atmosphere really heavily. It is fun and has a bit of Forzaness to the physics (if you put steering on Simulation; if you don't, it's horrible), the environments are nice, the dirt driving isn't too shabby, and I appreciate the silly car vs. plane event and things like that, but I haven't found something to grab me.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2012, 18:47.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 9, 2012, 11:59 Crustacean Soup

Aero wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 00:09:
Oh, perhaps I should clarify for those that don't know. It's a simulation of the P-51D, but you fly it in modern Georgia, and all the other planes and vehicles are modern. So it's P-51's versus Su-27's or air-to-ground missions trying to evade SAMs and Shilkas.

I was wondering how it would work in multiplayer with the other DCS titles. I guess I have my answer: it's always in modern times.

Still tempting though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 11:57 Crustacean Soup

Forza Horizon Demo on Xbox LIVE.

I'm crazy curious about this. Downloading.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 8, 2012, 20:43 Crustacean Soup

oooooooooo  

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
23. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 4, 2012, 00:10 Crustacean Soup

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 20:13:
hahahaha "you made the game better - so we will ban you!"
The anti-cheat tools pick up things that mess with DX calls, it's not like they're targeting this specifically.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2012, 21:08 Crustacean Soup

Urgh, Java. Big ol' security risk that is.

Also, see how long that site stays up before Nintendo notices.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 00:34 Crustacean Soup

On a Nintendo console, okay. As an exclusive on a Nintendo console? Weird.  

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Beta Begins
25. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 11, 2012, 16:53 Crustacean Soup

Shok wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 08:14:
Crustacean Soup wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 21:03:
This is awesome right here. Games just need to support it, like Skyrim for instance, which still needs a mouse to get through the launcher.

Then get a wireless mouse. Seriously, I like Big Picture and all but I have a bad feeling about giving companies more of a reason to release crappy consolized ports.

No. I want controller support. Evidently, Valve figures others do as well, since there's this whole Big Picture mode right here. I don't have any bad feelings about giving companies more of a reason to make my Xbox 360 completely obsolete.

I've gamed on the couch using a wireless mouse; it's inferior to using a controller in that situation. It's less comfortable, it's far less ergonomic. If I have to use a mouse/keyboard, I'm using them at a desk; if I'm gaming on the couch, I'm using a controller. I'm not about to replace desk PC gaming with couch PC gaming (strategy games on a couch? Multiplayer FPSs? Hah), it's more about replacing couch console gaming with couch PC gaming.

Consoles haven't killed traditional PC gaming yet, and I really doubt TV-friendly interfaces will either. I don't care in any case, I'm just going to buy the games I want to buy and play them the way I want to play them.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2012, 16:58.

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Beta Begins
4. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 10, 2012, 21:03 Crustacean Soup

This is awesome right here. Games just need to support it, like Skyrim for instance, which still needs a mouse to get through the launcher.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 7, 2012, 18:45 Crustacean Soup

Emergent actually has a meaning, and it's useful when used that way as it conveys specific information. Its meaning isn't 'random encounters we scripted into the game', though.

I don't know, I think the game sounds interesting. I don't mind arcadey racers, and the random events and exploration and stuff sound neat.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diaspora: Shattered Armistice Sep 6, 2012, 02:11 Crustacean Soup

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 23:18:
That looks really cool. Is there a campaign? Or just individual missions?
It's a campaign. It's supposedly somewhat short, but I don't know how short. Seems pretty cool so far.

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
22. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 20:16 Crustacean Soup

Julio wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 18:28:
The couple of female gamers out there will be happy. Otherwise who cares?
The developers? Because those female gamers represent more money?

News Comments > UE3 on WinRT
27. Re: UE3 on WinRT Aug 29, 2012, 21:28 Crustacean Soup

Hyatus wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 19:28:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 18:43:
Are people meant to be impressed that they support DX9, a decade old API? This is their chance to ditch legacy support and move ahead with DX11.

Roughly 15% of computers on Steam are still XP. That may not seem like many, but it's still the 2nd most-used OS on there. Besides, there's no reason a game can't support both APIs.

Lies. There's a good reason: a modern rendering flow using DX 11 might look drastically different to one using DX9. Drastically different means a hell of a lot of work to maintain both.

381 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo