Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for David Bradley

Real Name David Bradley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ghola
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://desertpilgrim.com
Signed On Jul 10, 2011, 02:55
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 56977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Project CARS Preorders and LE Details
7. Re: Project CARS Preorders and LE Details Aug 11, 2014, 15:00 Ghola

pre-order here. we have a limited edition. wait. can't pre-order the limited edition? never mind.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
25. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 07:08 Ghola

I have been playing since 2006. I played with various groups of friends that have come and gone throughout and I remain constant. I still find the game fun though I do miss the original talent system.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
36. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 15:07 Ghola

I played a bit during the early access...went to put in game reg code and setup payment...website keeps crashing during the payment and account completion. emailed support. lets see how long this takes. I judge paid MMOs by how quick their response is. It's a shame that this happens on launch day. or course I can remember other debacles on launch day as well.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation in October
14. Re: Alien: Isolation in October Mar 29, 2014, 21:54 Ghola

I was an unfortunate pre-orderer of the last alien 'game'. It was also the last pre-order I have done for any new IP. Sequels are usually safe since they are level packs with added gameplay elements.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
12. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 25, 2014, 21:21 Ghola

I have 15 wow toons. I kept trying different races and classes. I think they should reduce this price so players who love alts but abandoned a few can raise them up to the max or do a max level race re-roll.

Maybe stipulate a lower cost for those that have high level toons.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 22:50 Ghola

How is RS 2014 66% off? Am I missing something?  

News Comments > Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned?
28. Re: Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned? Jul 1, 2013, 18:23 Ghola

EA=Everything Abandoned.  

News Comments > Tomb Raider Sets Sales Record
1. Re: Tomb Raider Sets Sales Record Mar 29, 2013, 20:26 Ghola

the article states that it doesn't include digital sales which probably account for more than 50% of the people that purchased TR.  

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
72. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 17:09 Ghola

This will be the last preorder for an EA game ever. I will now only purchase EA games when they are $20 or less or better yet...used...so they don't see a dime of my money.  

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
70. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 16:44 Ghola

I have yet to get past the no servers available screen which is right after I connect to a server. With D3, I was able to play some of the time within the first week. At this rate, I will be lucky to play SimCity before the EA turns the servers off and the game goes dark.

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts
26. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 18:31 Ghola

Same here...I wanted to try several classes and races to see which ones I liked to play the most and have several characters as well that are over 50 if combined. They should give the free 30 to all level 50's and founders.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 23:28 Ghola

I hope FOX keeps Fringe for another season so they can wrap up the story-lines. I hate unfinished series and early cancellations. FOX seems to be the worst at cutting series off at the knees.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 23:25 Ghola

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:27:
Oh and as someone posted elsewhere on the net: Hey netflix - fuck that terra nova crap, why not take Blood and Chrome?

Couldn't agree more

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
128. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 18:27 Ghola

114. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 16:31 ^Drag0n^

Ghola wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 16:15:
I only played a couple of minutes but so far its not too bad. I really hope they realease an HD texture pack for this

In the Ghost HQ area (1st mission), if you go in the corner of a room, the shadows are just green textures.

You got Daikatana textures in my Rage...you got Rage textures in my Daikatana.

Taking it back to 2000.

I think that's the point many people are missing. The game is scaling texture detail based on your hardware to maintain 60fps. It has HD textures in it right now, it just won't use them as it would render your game at "below optimal framerates."

John even stated that this was going to be the case months ago when talking about the technology and how it worked.

Now, is how it's choosing a patchwork of texture resolutions a little whack? Oh, probably. Will it get fixed? Most definitely (this is id, afterall).

As I stated earlier, since when has id ever shipped a game designed to max out with today's hardware? They always target down the road...

*shrug*

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

True. id always backs their products as far back as i remember. I just saw that area and it brought back memories. I actually didn't think Daikatana was as bad as everyone said it was back in the day. I just remember the green enemies on the green level which was my only gripe with it. I would rather have spikes in performance than to have the textures get bumped down. Maybe a patch will allow this override.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
111. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 16:15 Ghola

I only played a couple of minutes but so far its not too bad. I really hope they realease an HD texture pack for this

In the Ghost HQ area (1st mission), if you go in the corner of a room, the shadows are just green textures.

You got Daikatana textures in my Rage...you got Rage textures in my Daikatana.

Taking it back to 2000.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed
7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 16:16 Ghola

EA does hate their customers. The game crashes now  

News Comments > On Origin Data-Mining
1. Re: On Origin Data-Mining Aug 23, 2011, 22:23 Ghola

awful.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM
30. Re: CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM Jul 9, 2011, 22:58 Ghola

I only bought the game retail after they released the patch that removed the DRM  

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo