Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AndreasSteen

Real Name AndreasSteen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asteen
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 8, 2011, 15:14
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 56975

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 31, 2012, 21:10 Asteen

Amazing headline writing!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Trailer
5. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Trailer Dec 9, 2011, 09:43 Asteen

The simple fact that they reference baldurs gate in describing their system makes me somewhat happy. Also I'm at a point now where I'll basically be happy if we even get a top down tactical squad shoot-other-people game. If it turns into a horrible non-tactical game then it sucks, and I would vastly prefer a 100% turn based one, but just getting SOMETHING that I can play when I take a break from 1.13. Silent Storm had so much potential but then they went ahead and didn't make a sequel with MORE freedom, and instead made one with less :/  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
53. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 30, 2011, 13:39 Asteen

MrBone wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 10:26:
eunichron wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 00:46:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 21:11:
Still not sure how this is news, or even a leak. 1 CD out of 2 is leaked, and there is no crack available, despite what's been said here. Wow, what a scandal. Meanwhile people were playing Rage on 360 2 weeks before the release, and not a word about it on "news" sites.

http://i41.tinypic.com/16k6cgp.jpg

The full thing is out, but yes, no crack. It's just a matter of time, though... a day or two at the most.

This is exactly what they said about Bioshock back in the day....then it was cracked 11 days after a lot of crying. Your estimates don't mean crap.

Interestingly, neither does your rejection of them

News Comments > Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel
7. Re: Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel Sep 20, 2011, 11:21 Asteen

I hope they allow you to play the other side in the sequel  

News Comments > Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations
14. Re: Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations Sep 5, 2011, 15:18 Asteen

TurdFergasun wrote on Sep 5, 2011, 12:26:
man if i would have known crysis was built on slave labour i would have pirated it long ago.

[url=]http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a974/a974.gif[/url]

Please read more history books

News Comments > Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations
13. Re: Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations Sep 5, 2011, 15:17 Asteen

nin wrote on Sep 5, 2011, 11:53:

Clearly the blog was pirated, which is the real problem here! Right, Crytek?

This, also perhaps it is healthy for Crytek to get dragged through a little mud, they seem to love doing it to their fanbase, maybe they think its a good thing.

News Comments > From Dust DRM to Change
18. Re: From Dust DRM to Change Aug 22, 2011, 23:05 Asteen

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 22:52:

"COME BACK BABY! I WON'T EVEN HIT YOU THIS TIME! I'VE CHANGED."

This

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM
21. Re: CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM Jul 9, 2011, 12:53 Asteen

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 10:25:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 09:54:
Actually could be an important case, a developer will be telling the truth about DRM (e.g. it's bad and it hurts customers ability to play the game) in court. Publicly open and available to the public to hear.

Could be really bad and messy for all publishers. So count me in the backlash.

Have we been hitting the pipe again? I hope that everyone remembers that CDP did not remove the DRM from the retail version because DRM is "teh suck" or because it hurts honest customers but because they were too lazy and incompetent to fix the issues with their launcher and the DRM. So instead of fixing shit they just removed the DRM wholesale.
Apparently they did so without getting approval from Namco Bandai and were hoping to get away with it.
I very much doubt that the contract is ambiguous in that regard since this is about standard contractual stuff so CDP will very likely lose this case and rightfully so if they can't read.

I'm getting strong vibes here that they generally need to improve on their professional conduct and business relationships. The whole mystery around the cancellation of the console version of the first Witcher game was pretty fishy as well with conflicting statements from CDP and the guys who were working on the port. It can hardly be a coincidence that they get in trouble with every one of their releases.
Also seemed kind of strange when one of their lead devs left the team shortly after TW2 was released, supposedly because of "burn-out". Do you leave right after the successful launch of a major AAA title instead of reaping the rewards if everything is in order at the company? I don't think so...
The unfunny stunt where they faked the closure of GOG also comes to mind. It was in poor taste and just plain dumb and unoriginal. Any four year old has a better business sense than these guys.
It will bite them majorly in the ass one day if they don't get more professional.

CJ_Parker - Real men don't need to back up their claims, they just need to make'em!

News Comments > Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition
3. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 9, 2011, 12:47 Asteen

Aw thats cute, because horse armor will make me go EA online store instead of steam... right...  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Announced
5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Announced Jul 8, 2011, 11:15 Asteen

So, Planetside is not a Massive Multiplayer Online game how exactly? I mean sure, it isn't an MMORPG but an MMO it is indeed.  

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo