Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blegvad

Real Name Blegvad   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blegvad
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 15, 2011, 04:24
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 56938

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta for Backers Next Month
10. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta for Backers Next Month Nov 26, 2013, 22:10 Blegvad

My D&D group started playing Numenera about a month ago and it's really an interesting and fun system. I can only hope turn based wins out - there are a lot of nuances that will be totally lost if RTWP is inflicted on us.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
104. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 21:52 Blegvad

Best to your entire family during this difficult time.  

News Comments > CLANG Kickstarter Goes Clunk
6. Re: CLANG Kickstarter Goes Clunk Sep 19, 2013, 22:41 Blegvad

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 22:12:
So he asked for 500k knowing it couldn't get made for that and was depending on publishers to pony up the rest. Classic case of fraud right there. Good thing I'm not a backer or I'd be calling the feds and an attorney. Sure Neal can bankroll this himself. Or is this just another case of moral hazard where a multi-millionaire doesn't want to inject any of his capital. And that's why I don't back these guys!

An attorney, really?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarted
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarted Apr 9, 2013, 21:11 Blegvad

This is going to be a fun one, backed and happy for it!  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated
12. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 21, 2013, 01:13 Blegvad

Still have another key Cutter?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 11:25 Blegvad

I'd be down for a Neverwinter key as well - been wanting to check that out for sure.

Been back on GW2 a little bit recently, unfortunately most the The Silent Reign have not been around =D

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2013, 12:08.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 13:07 Blegvad

If you want a blues guild invite, I'm on right now (character name is Eidur).

Send me in game mail as I'm AFK quite often and might miss tells.

News Comments > State of The Secret World
5. Re: State of The Secret World Aug 31, 2012, 13:05 Blegvad

Good concept (no leveling, modern world MMO).

Poor execution - combat was incredibly boring (as a tank) build 5 stacks via your builder, use finisher, repeat. Character models were just terrible as well.

Funcom just seems like one of those companies that can't ever get it quite right.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
41. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 17:19 Blegvad

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 17:06:
Blegvad wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 16:44:
Blues folks going to a particular server?

First post in this thread has a link to the Blue's GW2 stuff. Some of us will be on Tarnished Coast, some other on other servers, so not everyone to one it seems.

Awesome, thanks. Will see you guys there!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
36. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 16:44 Blegvad

Blues folks going to a particular server?  

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts
17. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 12:51 Blegvad

The free 30 days reeks of desperation.

SWTOR is in a sorry state. I was super interested in this game until I got into the closed beta and experienced it first hand. So many systems that people expect in a AAA MMO were missing at launch (UI, LFG, X-Realm PVP, etc). We let them know in the beta forums in agonizing detail for MONTHS about what the reaction to the game shipping in it's current state would be... and well, here we are.

It's a shame, but so many fundamental aspects of SWTOR are lacking on the design side that it's a turd in serious need of polishing and when you combine that with some very poor QA the results speak for themselves.

At least there might be another GW2 event soon!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 11:30 Blegvad

Exciting times indeed!

Hopefully another beta weekend will happen soon, the last one may or may not have been fun for people who might have gotten in. =)

News Comments > D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta
6. Re: D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Oct 2, 2011, 16:27 Blegvad

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 12:24:
So who is right? Cutter or Blegvad? Sounds like Blegvad has first-hand experience.

Been in the closed beta since August and I've got 1 character at max level (10), another at 7 and one more that's 3.

You do not need to purchase Astral Diamonds at any point to win. I would advise against taking Fighters along in your party, they are IMO useless. My typical party (using my 10 rogue) is rogue/cleric/wiz/wiz with the occasional sub of a 2nd cleric instead of the wiz if it's a nasty dungeon.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
37. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 22:40 Blegvad

The only thing I can surmise from reading the comments threads around here is that Blue is amazingly lenient. I have yet to see Cutter ever make a cogent point or contribute anything to a discussion other than uncalled for insults and tons of hyperbole.

I don't know what it takes to get banned around here, but it's clearly a lot. This place would be 1000% times more civil and engaging without that sort of bollocks.

/backtothenews

On topic: Carmack is a legend and I'd love to shake his hand and say thanks regardless of the venue.

News Comments > D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta
2. Re: D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Oct 1, 2011, 18:53 Blegvad

You don't need to plink down any $$ to reach max level or to gear yourself up. Eventually you'll have more gold than you know what to do with with nothing left to purchase..

It's buggy as hell but pretty fun overall, especially for fans of turn based D&D games ala TOEE, etc.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 6, 2011, 18:41 Blegvad

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 11:16:
Blegvad wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 23:58:
Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 22:47:
More like Star Wars: The Meh Republic.

That is the absolute height of wit!

Still winning hearts and minds around here?

Still sad an angry were all not mindless little fanboys like you? Awwww.

Oh, I get it! You're the loser that Alec Guiness was talking about. Wow, so how many times have you seen Star Wars by now? 1000?

If you ever actually read anything that I posted here about SWTOR you would know that I'm hardly a fanboy. You're just sore about being called out as a naysayer with no factual basis for any of your proclamations of SWTOR related doom.

Does it have issues? Hell yeah it does, you ought read up on leaked info from the beta. Try harping on that material if you want to cease looking like a total jackass. The reaction of the rest of the community to you on this forum does speak volumes anyway.

I'm guessing this forum has an ignore list, if so welcome to it.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 5, 2011, 23:58 Blegvad

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 22:47:
More like Star Wars: The Meh Republic.

That is the absolute height of wit!

Still winning hearts and minds around here?

News Comments > The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin
8. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 16, 2011, 22:33 Blegvad

That may be true.

I would guess that EA is equating themselves with Blizzard in terms of their sales and marketing.

You can't buy WOW on steam, right? How often is the WOW client on sale?

Not saying it's going to work out for them, but I'm thinking that is the logic they are using.

News Comments > The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin
6. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 16, 2011, 22:21 Blegvad

Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 22:10:
Way to limit yourself on an already underwhelming response so far. Are they trying to get this thing to fail on purpose?

If you're game, we can probably come up with a way for you to let go of your hate.

Perhaps we can arrange for someone to buy you some beer or at the very least give you a much needed hug. Sound good?

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews
13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Jun 15, 2011, 10:01 Blegvad

Well that's your opinion. Mine is - from everything I've seen in read in honest previews and just opinions around the net in general is most people are entirely underwhelmed with what they've seen so far.

Bioware's quality has gone down measurably since the EA takeover, and it's obvious to anyone with half-a-brain - fanboys excluded of course, they'll eat crap and still call it ice cream no matter what.
It isn't driving us crazy. We find it laughable, and somewhat pitiable that Bioware has fallen so far. You just keep enjoying your crap er, ice cream though, Scooter. Most of us have more discerning taste.

The thing is, princess, is that you're equating your option with fact. It's conjecture at best. Please keep reading the internet though, we're just dying for more riveting analysis of the gaming industry.

And listen, just because I'm calling you out for spewing a bunch of nonsense on an PC gaming new site does mean that I'm suddenly some kind of bioware "fanboy" Am I a Bioware apologist? Not even close, I couldn't stand Dragon Age or Mass Effect. The last meaningful experience I had playing one of their games was more than 10 years ago. They get a lot of accolades for games that I have not found to be especially good. That does not seem to be stopping their sales though, so someone clearly likes them. The gaming market is self correcting and if they start to suck more than the fans want their products it will get sorted out by itself.

Speaking of which, could SWTOR suck? Of course it can. Dragon Age 2 sure did, right?

From what we've seen at e3 SWTOR looks like WoW in space with a few new wrinkles on what has been a very tried and true formula. It's not next-gen. Their PR machine may claim that is is or say silly stuff like "we've gotten rid of the grind" but that probably isn't true.

The only fact I'll throw out there is that the level of scrutiny placed on MMO launches (or expansions) is higher than ever these days and that coupled with the Star Wars IP means that Bioware really needs to bring it on launch day or they are going to get torched.

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo