Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for djinn

Real Name djinn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname djinn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 14, 2011, 23:07
Total Comments 176 (Novice)
User ID 56937

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2015, 19:23 djinn

Strange. Kimmel always seemed like somebody that had his finger on pop culture, but he missed it here. The vid was pretty funny though  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 19:00 djinn

Tumbler wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 18:30:
Hunh, that reminds me a lot of overwatch... Went back and watched some of that and this is a little different. Same basic game I think.

This looks more fun than overwatch (to me). Overwatch has a grindy feel to it, like you have to wear down your opponent. This looks like pure arena fun to me.

Though I hope they speed it up or at least offer a speed mode to get some old school feel again.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 19, 2015, 18:46 djinn

I'll admit I gloated when I first heard they released the data (like I'm some sort of angel - yea right), but to be honest the amount of lives this will mess up could be huge. A lot of kids lives potentially. Not sure if it's a good thing that the truth is known in that circumstance, but maybe it helps steer some of those kids in a better direction in future. What a mess.  

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 18:35 djinn

Tumbler wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 17:33:
LOL, the package that cost $250 at the start was the Rear Admiral with LTI.

I thought every backer got the dreaded "rear admiral"? Drummer

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 18:40 djinn

DangerDog wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 16:53:
Hey man, at this point that's the only entertainment value left to us backers.

I'm not a backer, but definitely got my money's worth.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 10, 2015, 17:20 djinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 10:37:
More realistic managers would help, as would less ridiculous deadlines that lead to mostly useless crunch time.

And the more people crunch, the more it justifies that initial ridiculous deadline from management. Onward the cycle goes...

There needs to be more "no" men.

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
20. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 15:07 djinn

Jamil20 wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 13:27:
I'm of the opinion that gamers are losing their attention spans. It's hard keeping a group of people playing the same thing longer than two weeks. As soon as a new shiny comes out, they're all playing that now.

I think the surprise here is that this game would have had legs if they handled it correctly. The standalone only has one vehicle if I remember correctly, yet the whole game was supposed to be done back at the end of 2012.

If you look at Arma 2:OA (which the mod runs on) it has more players there than the standalone. Of course some of these players are regular arma guys, but a large portion of those are mod players.

19. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 14:59 djinn

harlock wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 12:21:
djinn wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 11:52:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 09:51:
My guess is that people stopped playing because the last major patch shifted the focus from unfettered pvp (which is this game has nailed btw, the pvp in this game is unlike any other) to focus on survival mechanics.

I think this is where the creator lost sight of what the game had become over time. He focused so much on survival and didn't seem to notice the game's pvp was actually the star of the show. Survival was merely a segue into that.

the games creator left a few years ago tho

Then Bohemia have lost the plot too.

12. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 11:52 djinn

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 09:51:
My guess is that people stopped playing because the last major patch shifted the focus from unfettered pvp (which is this game has nailed btw, the pvp in this game is unlike any other) to focus on survival mechanics.

I think this is where the creator lost sight of what the game had become over time. He focused so much on survival and didn't seem to notice the game's pvp was actually the star of the show. Survival was merely a segue into that.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 21, 2015, 08:04 djinn

Damn, wish I could have been in New York at some stage to see at least one of his shows.  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
54. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 19:30 djinn

Cyant wrote on May 1, 2015, 17:54:
I have seen similar claims before they released DX9 and then DX10 and the DX10.1 and then DX11...

Exactly. There's no doubt it's impressive, but we'll look back in 30 or 40 years and laugh at the claim of this crossing the uncanny valley. Except we probably won't care either way by that time.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic
15. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic Mar 6, 2015, 19:02 djinn

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 16:36:
Awww, that's so sweet. Do you think one of you girls could reach into your purse past your tampons and get me a tissue.

Laugh2

lol. Yea, up yours too

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic
6. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic Mar 6, 2015, 14:18 djinn

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 14:12:
I thought this was both beautiful and entertaining.

Agree. Kinda like how Epic (and some other devs) are getting a bit more daring in how they present their stuff, instead of the macho crap we've been getting drowned in for the past few decades.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
45. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 3, 2015, 04:54 djinn

chickenboo wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 21:08:
Before digital delivery services, I remember gaming magazines (and myself) griping about the high price of games and how much of that price was due to publisher fees, delivery fees, and shelving fees. Part of the idea of digital delivery services was to cut out the middlemen between the gamer and the developer, to cut out the publishing costs, shipping costs, and shelf costs, of games so gamers could enjoy lower prices and stop supporting annoying store fronts. I think on balance, Steam and services like it have been a massive boon to PC gaming. OTOH, hearing about their 30% up-front fee makes it sound as if all those cost-cutting gains have been lost. We've merely replaced several middle-men with one middleman.
I'm not anti-Steam by any means, and I'm glad to see Steam investing in new technology with their profits rather than mailing them off to shareholders. Also, I expect competition among content delivery services to be beneficial, provided they avoid making exclusive zones - the way Origin does (I may buy FC3 from Ubi but I want to play it with Steam, not their dumb software.)
Case in point, if you buy PoE from Obsidian's website, it's $44.99, but on Steam it's $49.99. So I'm paying $5 to activate it on Steam? hmmmmmm...

Not sure if I'm remembering this wrong, but weren't the retail stores throwing a hissy fit over steam considering game releases at a discount when they first opened?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
27. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 15:27 djinn

Pigeon wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 11:14:
RPS: Yes, but you know that. Youíve been working in the industry for over thirty years, you know how much money it costs to make a game and you put a specific amountĖ

Peter Molyneux: No, I donít, I disagree John. I have no idea how much money it costs to make a game and anyone that tells you how much itís going to cost to make a game which is completely a new experience is a fool or a genius.

RPS: But you have to have enough experience to know the basics of budgeting a videogame, youíve been doing it for thirty years!

Peter Molyneux: No, I disagree. See this is where youíre wrong....

Popcorn

Being in the industry for 30 years has some merit, but for completely new experiences I agree with him. Sometimes things that sound great on paper just don't work out in practice and that's when contingency comes in. Production and schedules sure, the 30 years comes in handy, but the creative part can be a right pita sometimes.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
15. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 15:17 djinn

I don't know about you guys, but I thought the music for this trailer belonged on the Just Cause 3 trailer and vice versa. Maybe I'm too traditional.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Grow Home
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grow Home Feb 4, 2015, 21:23 djinn

jdreyer wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 20:19:
If your home is in the sky, you got to get high if you want to get back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blz5cie1xf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOkg_rGQhPc

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE DDoS
2. Re: QUAKE LIVE DDoS Jan 30, 2015, 17:04 djinn

Jivaro wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 16:42:
*facepalm*

What an accomplishment. Whomever has done this must be super proud of themselves. /sarcasm

Another kid got his ass handed to him and couldn't handle it.

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
15. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 15:59 djinn

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:31:
Then again, Discovery is turning into a steaming pile of crap like A&E did.

Like National Geographic. MTV clones of the former MTV channel that ended up not playing music.

On the other hand I assume this is pre-marketing for some forthcoming info on the next Doom.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
21. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 12:01 djinn

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:12:
My PC is dead anyways. My wife got me nice new slippers for Christmas and they tend to build up a nice static charge. I walked up to my PC and when I reached for the power button, I shocked it somehow before I even touched it and it killed my machine.

I think your wife might be an evil genius.

176 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo