Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for djinn

Real Name djinn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname djinn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 14, 2011, 23:07
Total Comments 186 (Novice)
User ID 56937

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2016, 07:23 djinn

Amazing to think that while The Force Awakens struggles to get to a billion, GTA 5 did it in 3 days.

Edit: Ah this is domestic, as globally it's reached 1.3 billion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Division Leaked Alpha Footage
20. Re: Division Leaked Alpha Footage Dec 21, 2015, 17:00 djinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 16:14:
djinn wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 16:08:
Fion wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 15:44:
...and having thigh-high walls/sandbags/etc in the middle of a street plainly announcing an upcoming battle utterly rips away my immersion.

This pretty much sums up Mass Effect 2 and 3 for me. Was the first as obvious as it's sequels? It's been too long.

Even more obvious because there was much less detail in the world. They did not even attempt to conceal the barriers in ME1. Generally speaking: The first part has aged extremely bad and there is a VERY noticeable drop in quality between 2 and 1.

Man, then I got a serious case of rose tinted glasses when it comes to ME1. Might be time for a replay

News Comments > Division Leaked Alpha Footage
17. Re: Division Leaked Alpha Footage Dec 21, 2015, 16:08 djinn

Fion wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 15:44:
...and having thigh-high walls/sandbags/etc in the middle of a street plainly announcing an upcoming battle utterly rips away my immersion.

This pretty much sums up Mass Effect 2 and 3 for me. Was the first as obvious as it's sequels? It's been too long.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
37. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 15:11 djinn

I like that there is at least some sort of competition going on here. Seems a combination of criticism and competition is a good motivator.

Still waiting to see how it'll all come together on anything less than a super computer. Then again, that is how they sold it to crowd sourcing back in the day.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
130. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 21, 2015, 06:06 djinn

Kosumo wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 22:44:
...if you look at his profile, you will see that he has now 4000 post sinice Dec 0, 0000, 00:00

My OCD is now fully satisfied.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
78. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 17:47 djinn

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 11:46:
One thing that set them back quite a bit was the way they decided to implement animations. Roberts wanted all of the character animations to be the same where every other game has separate animations for the first person view character vs the rest of the characters. Turns out this is not practical or possible with existing technology. So they ultimately had to redo all of the animations. That's a pretty big time sink for a lot of people.

Actually that's how Arma 2 and 3 work. It's clear they had to make sacrifices in quality for both 3p and fp though. 3p takes a backseat with fp getting more attention. You can see in 3p the weapon reloads look pretty stiff, I guess to make it look less erratic in fp and also allows some gimmicky features like looking around independent of move direction.

I thought Mirror's Edge was the same, but just found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcz-3paQ26k Pretty clear they didn't ever consider a 3p view for Faith. That said, makes me wanna play Mirror's Edge again. /rabbit trail

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
37. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 18:47 djinn

All that 3d scanning tech, yet I couldn't recognize Gary Oldman from that clip. What did they do to him?

Section at 1:20:20 looks like him, but not in the cinematic.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
34. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 10:56 djinn

Creston wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 10:47:
SPEND $900 NOW!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/05/04
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/05/23

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2015, 19:04 djinn

dsmart wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 18:59:
LOL!! Well, get ready for the popcorn because nothing will prepare you for what comes next.

You forgot to wait for the summoning ritual.

I kinda hope they succeed but only to see something new/huge. Do I think they will? Nope. That said, I'll be happy to eat crow if it happens.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adding Silence Penalty
7. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adding Silence Penalty Sep 8, 2015, 11:24 djinn

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 09:54:
Isn't this what happened in Diablo 2? You were basically blocked from whispering players....unless I just pissed a lot of people off because I was a super huge PK dick back then...

Was the same in Ultima Online. It happened to me once after someone thieved a serious amount of stuff while at the bank. I hounded the guy like a child and got the silence hammer.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2015, 19:23 djinn

Strange. Kimmel always seemed like somebody that had his finger on pop culture, but he missed it here. The vid was pretty funny though  

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 19:00 djinn

Tumbler wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 18:30:
Hunh, that reminds me a lot of overwatch... Went back and watched some of that and this is a little different. Same basic game I think.

This looks more fun than overwatch (to me). Overwatch has a grindy feel to it, like you have to wear down your opponent. This looks like pure arena fun to me.

Though I hope they speed it up or at least offer a speed mode to get some old school feel again.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 19, 2015, 18:46 djinn

I'll admit I gloated when I first heard they released the data (like I'm some sort of angel - yea right), but to be honest the amount of lives this will mess up could be huge. A lot of kids lives potentially. Not sure if it's a good thing that the truth is known in that circumstance, but maybe it helps steer some of those kids in a better direction in future. What a mess.  

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 18:35 djinn

Tumbler wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 17:33:
LOL, the package that cost $250 at the start was the Rear Admiral with LTI.

I thought every backer got the dreaded "rear admiral"? Drummer

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 18:40 djinn

DangerDog wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 16:53:
Hey man, at this point that's the only entertainment value left to us backers.

I'm not a backer, but definitely got my money's worth.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 10, 2015, 17:20 djinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 10:37:
More realistic managers would help, as would less ridiculous deadlines that lead to mostly useless crunch time.

And the more people crunch, the more it justifies that initial ridiculous deadline from management. Onward the cycle goes...

There needs to be more "no" men.

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
20. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 15:07 djinn

Jamil20 wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 13:27:
I'm of the opinion that gamers are losing their attention spans. It's hard keeping a group of people playing the same thing longer than two weeks. As soon as a new shiny comes out, they're all playing that now.

I think the surprise here is that this game would have had legs if they handled it correctly. The standalone only has one vehicle if I remember correctly, yet the whole game was supposed to be done back at the end of 2012.

If you look at Arma 2:OA (which the mod runs on) it has more players there than the standalone. Of course some of these players are regular arma guys, but a large portion of those are mod players.

19. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 14:59 djinn

harlock wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 12:21:
djinn wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 11:52:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 09:51:
My guess is that people stopped playing because the last major patch shifted the focus from unfettered pvp (which is this game has nailed btw, the pvp in this game is unlike any other) to focus on survival mechanics.

I think this is where the creator lost sight of what the game had become over time. He focused so much on survival and didn't seem to notice the game's pvp was actually the star of the show. Survival was merely a segue into that.

the games creator left a few years ago tho

Then Bohemia have lost the plot too.

12. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 11:52 djinn

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 09:51:
My guess is that people stopped playing because the last major patch shifted the focus from unfettered pvp (which is this game has nailed btw, the pvp in this game is unlike any other) to focus on survival mechanics.

I think this is where the creator lost sight of what the game had become over time. He focused so much on survival and didn't seem to notice the game's pvp was actually the star of the show. Survival was merely a segue into that.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 21, 2015, 08:04 djinn

Damn, wish I could have been in New York at some stage to see at least one of his shows.  

186 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo