Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for djinn

Real Name djinn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname djinn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 14, 2011, 23:07
Total Comments 142 (Novice)
User ID 56937

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
22. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 23, 2014, 06:21 djinn

Prez wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 21:32:
Just out of curiosity what "cheat" were they using?

Not sure, but the tournament name "Dreamhack" made me grin.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Sessions Steam Trials Add Ryse Son of Rome
18. Re: Game Sessions Steam Trials Add Ryse Son of Rome Nov 17, 2014, 16:36 djinn

"More exciting titles will be added in the run up to the full launch of the service in early 2015."

I read 'more' and 'exciting' together as one term. Maybe they meant it that way?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - HELL
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - HELL Nov 13, 2014, 19:49 djinn

Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 19:00:
What a stupid title for game. If it were the actual exploration of hell ala Dante's Inferno - as a CRPG - and not that lame console game EA made, then it would be worthy of that. This is more like Heck-diddly-eck.

Does it star Dennis Hopper?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
52. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 19:03 djinn

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 18:29:
We still have SP DLC coming at some point, though we have no idea of the contents (someone on reddit was claiming zombie, but I'm pretty sure it was debunked at the time).

Is there any indication of mod support anywhere? If that were the case, even if it isn't official, it would be a no brainer that someone will add it at some stage. Even if zombies are the next WW2, modern warfare milk job, it seems it would work really well in the scope of gta5.

47. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 17:56 djinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 17:47:
djinn wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 17:31:
Sold. Never been much of a GTA fan except for the top downers, or Vice City for the music. 20 seconds into that though... I'm in.

[edit] Someone add some zombies as soon as it's out. Easy contender to dethrone (or at least properly compete with) Dayz.

Would be pretty cool if all NPCs were zombie and hordes and you had to try and play the game with them everywhere. Would make the beach stuff impossible! hahahahah

Thanks. Now my pants are off...

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 17:31 djinn

Sold. Never been much of a GTA fan except for the top downers, or Vice City for the music. 20 seconds into that though... I'm in.

[edit] Someone add some zombies as soon as it's out. Easy contender to dethrone (or at least properly compete with) Dayz.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2014, 17:44.

News Comments > EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed
1. Re: EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed Oct 28, 2014, 20:06 djinn

At least they didn't call it Deadline. Otherwise we could make fun of them.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
10. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 14:58 djinn

NetHead wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:45:
Then sometimes, even worse, it seems like they've literally chosen a part to remove from the game only to add back in later.

Not sure if it was just me, but I've seen one exception to this rule. Far Cry 3 and the whole section on the other island seemed out of place. Like it was intended as DLC, but they said "screw it, just add it to the full game".

News Comments > Hatred Announced
3. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 20:01 djinn

Techie714 wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:38:
WOW! That's pretty brutal. I've played some violent games in my time but this one I'm not really comfortable with...

Somebody needs to give this guy a hug

[edit] before his rampage of course - not for it.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2014, 20:07.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 16:39 djinn

People still use iTunes?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
5. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 14:39 djinn

Have they commented on the size, or lack thereof, of the playing space yet? From the vids I've seen, the dfm seemed to warn the player at every turn that they were exiting the mission area. Is this a limitation of the engine or for some other reason?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 04:00 djinn

Caslon wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 19:20:
I don't trust Metacritic scores by professional reviewers. I'll wait to see how the masses score it.

You mean the reams of 0's and 10's from teenagers that are unable to score a game anywhere else?

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailer
6. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 06:12 djinn

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 23:14:
With exception of the intro/escape, and the cutscene's I thought Far Cry 3 was horrible, repetitive, and would have been A LOT more plausible if the military trained brother would have been the main character instead of the party boy middle brother. Not to mention all the things that were shown at E3 that were never in the game.

FC4 is really off my radar until some quality reviews come in.

The problem is FC3 got quality reviews, so that won't be any indication.

I thought the moral choice you had at the end between your girlfriend and the islander was the most forced, and least believable part of the entire story.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 16:42 djinn

Tumbler wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 15:54:
I imagine whats going to be hard to adjust to is playing FPS style games when you're seated and in game you'll be standing, crouching, leaning, even laying prone. It's going to feel really fucking weird when you see yourself stand up in game but you're still in a chair. Or if you're going to play standing up then you press crouch or go prone you're going to have to learn to deal with staying in the same position. It might even be easier to play a game like this and crouch when you crouch, stand when you're standing, lean for real when you lean in game.

This kickstarter seemed to handle that quite well, with crouching/sitting hybrid level of control. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyOzyTta24

I tend to agree with the article though (not the headline). Mainstream will be a long way off, but the headset certainly wont fail as the headline suggests.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
15. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 20, 2014, 14:01 djinn

Pacing seems way faster than I expected. Seems like they need a bit more empty moments to build tension better.

Also hope those countdown timers are only for this challenge, rather than the full game.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
51. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 17:43 djinn

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 17:35:
"Principles and values are of no use if the idealist cannot live up to his own standards." - Bob Salvatore

There ya go, Notch was human all along. Just another flawed hypocrite like the rest of us. There are some people throughout history who never caved, but you can most of those in the hundreds. Which is pretty sad when you measure it against the billions of us who have existed.

Shit man, I'd easily sell out for that sort of bank. Then again, I never pretended I wouldn't like he did either.

Even if we considered him a sellout, there's no telling who he may decide to help with all that money. What if he decided to part with some of it for more noble causes like ALS research? Even if it were a tiny percentage, it's still immeasurably more than he could do holding onto a meaningless (relatively speaking) property like MC. All assumptions of course, but you never know

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
20. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 12:04 djinn

descender wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:46:
On what planet would it make any sense for them to spend $2.5billion and then completely alienate the entire playerbase for their game?

I'm still wondering what planet it makes sense to pay 2.5 billion for this at all. It's starting to look a bit like tech bubble 2.0.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
14. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 10:35 djinn

InBlack wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 10:00:
I for one am hoping for a decent port this time round. I skipped GTAIV on the PC mainly due to how terribly it ran on PC hardware at the time.

GTAIV ran terrible on console as well.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
138. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 17:47 djinn

Zyrxil and BobBob - faith in humanity restored. Cheers.  

News Comments > Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced
20. Re: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced Sep 1, 2014, 16:47 djinn

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 00:10:
Trying to remember if I played through ICW1 or 2. Which one had a museum towards the end with a frozen whale in it?

That was near the end? I must have been so close to completing, but got stuck on some boss in a dungeon beyond that point.

142 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo