Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TommyRandomNumber

Real Name TommyRandomNumber   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StaticRandomNumber
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2011, 22:03
Total Comments 50 (Suspect)
User ID 56930

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 26, 2014, 11:52 StaticRandomNumber

So much for the condemnation of click bait yesterday  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 25, 2014, 23:05 StaticRandomNumber

That video of the disabled gamer was awe inspiring.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
10. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 17:58 StaticRandomNumber

Awesome to see some more W40K, I am sucker for that universe. Although wary of some of the less fortunate attemtpts previously, but will definitely keep an eye on it.

There is actually a animated movie: "Ultramarines The Movie", oddly I got it a few years back, now that I am looking from the descriptions it's the same movie, but they appeared to have re-labelled it and given it a new cover.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2014, 16:11 StaticRandomNumber

Would actually claim Google Maps as GPS is safer than my regular GPS as it gives me much better info on what lane I should be in well ahead of time.

Sure trying to fiddle with the maps app while driving is just as dangerous as texting, but so is fiddling with the on-dashboard GPS device or in-dash device.

From my viewpoint the in-device dash is even more dangerous in my opinion as it in some cars sit down in the middle, so you have to look even further down/away from the road, where as the on-dashboard and phone mount sits on top, so even if distracted you can still see the road at the same time.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2014, 15:17 StaticRandomNumber

I hear what you are saying, sports is definitely the big issue of not having cable, I am not saying they have to do away with their old model, just be nice if they would add some more (commercial free) options.

There are a number of decent legal streaming services for sports now (but not enough), particularly I like the foxsoccer2go.com, good price and lots of matches, and live.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2014, 11:47 StaticRandomNumber

Netflix and other streaming services are great, but for me, the number one reason for not having Pay TV is simply the commercials, not because of Netflix, Netflix just makes it easier to do without regular TV, it doesn't replace Pay TV.

Give me an option to buy regular TV channels without commercials and I will happily pay a premium.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 14, 2014, 18:07 StaticRandomNumber

Sleeping dogs seemed so interesting, and I bought it for PC, but the controls simply killed it for me and after 7 hours of total play time I simply had to call it quits.

News Comments > CryENGINE Subscriptions Announced
14. Re: CryENGINE Subscriptions Announced Mar 20, 2014, 15:50 StaticRandomNumber

State of Decay uses CryEngine 3? How can it run so badly then?

I played Crysis 3 just fine, but State of Decay lags badly in so many places... I guess it's not all about the engine after all.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
17. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 1, 2014, 18:28 StaticRandomNumber

Top/Down RPG?

Wonder if this will be a Phone/Tablet game?

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
15. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 20:28 StaticRandomNumber

I am aware I might also have a slight disadvantage being new to it... but easier to blame it on the guns  

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
10. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 17:37 StaticRandomNumber

I just got it a week ago, so this works great for me.

Annoying running around with a BB gun to start with, while everyone else has the equivalent of a "machine gun rocket launcher "

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 00:16 StaticRandomNumber

People paid $50 for Battlefield 4, think DayZ may not be as pretty but has more polish in terms of stability.  

News Comments > Michael Abrash's VR Talk Slides
4. Re: Michael Abrash's VR Talk Slides Jan 19, 2014, 15:39 StaticRandomNumber

His blog in general is worth reading, even when he first started, before Valve was connected with Oculus, he was writing about latency issues with 3D glasses. But then he also started writing about a lot of economics (I guess somewhat related to the Steam trading cards), I am not sure where they are going with it, but I really don't like that piece of it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2014, 19:58 StaticRandomNumber

Sounds more like buying a car and then having to pay again to shift it out of first if you want to go to the grocery store.

Also known as road pricing.

News Comments > On Sale (1)
36. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 18:36 StaticRandomNumber

Natural Selection 2 is pretty awesome, best team battles to be had anywhere.

Steep learning curve to begin with but give it some time and follow someone around and you will learn it quick enough.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 13, 2013, 16:56 StaticRandomNumber

That's like saying that everytime you publish a youtube clip of you doing gardening work, you have to pay homedepot a royalty, because it shows the shovel you bought there.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 16:07 StaticRandomNumber

I really like State of Decay as well as a game, the concept is great and it was addictive, but also some bad ideas like the constant need to run around helping others, I felt I was the only one in Zombieland that knows what to do, very little time to actually explore without somebody constantly putting themselves in a jam, or needing a talking to.

Also the WASD key setup really robbed a lot of joy for me the first time around (endless number of times I set an ally on fire or screwed up, because of those fixed bindings), WASD is so unnatural it just boggles the mind how it became standard.

So have to give it another go now they finally added customization. Not sure if they adjusted much else.

News Comments > Black Mesa Goes Commercial
4. Re: Black Mesa Goes Commercial Nov 20, 2013, 10:27 StaticRandomNumber

Yes, the team behind Black Mesa may still be a bit behind their desired schedule but at this rate they will actually finish the fan version of half-life 3 before Valve gets anything out the door.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
5. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 09:58 StaticRandomNumber

I believe they intend to have the title actually reflect it took half a life time to finish.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 15, 2013, 10:55 StaticRandomNumber

I still don't understand Trophies/Achievements... is it so I in 5 years can go back and remember the good'ol days and go, "I did 50 headshots in that game back in my youth".  

50 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo