Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for nimeq

Real Name nimeq   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname nimeq
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2011, 17:58
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 56927

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
17. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 04:36 nimeq

Particularly given the cost and the much shorter life span on them.

What shorter life span? Have you actually looked at the tests that have been made on it? This will be a bit of a extreme case, but: Anandtech review of Samsung 850 Pro 20GB of writes a day is quite a lot, but do you expect your 7200 rpm drive to last 282 years, or even 35 years? ADATA SX900 seems to be a MLC SSD so, but I can't find detailed information on it. You can probably expect it to last ~17 years if you write 20 GB a day.

I'd be more worried about the firmware releasing blue smurfs or the 7200 rpm drive having a catastrophic failure than wearing down SSD's.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2013, 12:55 nimeq

MS and Sony are going to lose a load of money with the sales of the hardware with those specs if they are true.

How so? That puts it in the range of Radeon HD 7770 or GeForce GTX 650 Ti. This is pretty much in line with their rumored Radeon HD 8770 on the XBox.

It would make sense if they both targeted a 300-500 usd mark. Considering the volume, I imagine AMD has given them very good deals.

News Comments > Arma 2 Free Announced
15. Re: Arma 2 Free Announced Jun 9, 2011, 14:08 nimeq

JaguarUSF wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 13:09:
badasscat wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 11:30:
No HD gfx?!
Not familiar with the game,...so what does this mean

It means it'll work on more people's systems

Considering what they did with the DLC content, I imagine it means low resolution textures. And using lower resolution textures didn't really help in ARMA2 since the performance issues were elsewhere

lack of support for user-made mods and addons means you won't be able to connect to any of the multiplayer servers running the retail version and will be missing out on a major reason for playing single player user created campaigns.

I wonder... BE Warfare was no-mods necessary quite long and it was quite a lot of fun... except when you were fighting the AI or just bored driving through wilderness. As I understand, the mission editor is quite flexible even without modding.

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo