Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Topevoli

Real Name Topevoli   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2011, 14:11
Total Comments 72 (Suspect)
User ID 56926

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 9, 2014, 12:53 Topevoli

#Idiot..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 14:36 Topevoli

Screw 4K, when can we reliably stream in 1080p? I'm sure cable companies would love to offer 4k channels for an extra $75 a month though.  

News Comments > Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans
14. Re: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans Mar 7, 2014, 09:46 Topevoli

Make it a Battletoads-ish game with Shaq and take my damn money.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 11:51 Topevoli

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:48:
I'm sure the Dutch taxpayers are immensely grateful for your 'work', BREIN.

Paid for by Hollywood, which ultimately comes out of our pockets in the form of higher licensing fees to Netflix, Redbox, increased costs of bluray discs etc.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2014, 12:16 Topevoli

Verizon Offering $60 Voice, Text, 2GB Data Plan to Loyal Users.

Pageplus - Same service (Verizon) $5 cheaper, no taxes, no contracts.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Patch & Sale
15. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Patch & Sale Jan 29, 2014, 13:14 Topevoli

So Duke3d been in development longer than Duke Forever?

Also I like how we shouldn't buy this game because the "dev's will abandon it".. Its 18, its time for it to move out of the house.

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
1. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 12:04 Topevoli

Well that's a shame..  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
40. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:20 Topevoli

Burned by the stock market? I'm sure you will get plenty of sympathy from the rest of the country...

What they are doing is simple:
1.Company pays dividends on revenue.
2.Company devalued by stock holder selling stock at reduced prices.
3.Stock holders are so mad that they sue for a percentage of the revenue of the company (further devaluing their stock). Lawsuit about the lawsuit devaluing the company? Why not?!
4.Then gives a large percentage to the lawyers who run the lawsuit.
5. Don't profit!

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 17:13 Topevoli

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:46:
3) Yes. Yes they are. It's good customer service. Do you know what happens to companies with good customer service? Their growth increases. Do you know what happens to companies with bad customer service? They die out. Offering things your customers want, that makes them happy, will lead to more revenues. That increase in revenue is almost certain to outpace the fraud. Or, you can let a few morons completely ruin the experience for everyone else because you're too shortsighted to look at the big picture of increased growth and only look at the easier-to-measure losses from a few morons

Because Steam really has an issue with growth..

And just because a company bends over backwards to help out the few impulsive people who buy without researching does not mean it will be a profitable company. JCPenny recently switched to a consumer friendly "lower prices without the sales" model and also promotes No hassle returns. Return anything, even without a receipt... They must be raking in the cash.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2013, 12:24 Topevoli

I don't get the "circle jerk" comment. Almost every person in that article had nothing but bad things to say about Steam. He was the only person that didn't and he was just indifferent... He is also wrong, you CAN play games in offline mode.

You are placing your blame at the wrong company. It sounds like you should be pissed at is the ISP who has no competition, huge barriers of entry and as such strong arms their customers into over priced, limited plans (a true monopoly).

This is like complaining that horses should be our main mode of transportation for everyone because fuel prices in your area are too high.

Steam won the content distribution war fair and square, there is nothing stopping you from using a different provider. The same apparently can not be said about your ISP.

Anyone that thinks Steam is a true monopoly needs to do a little research and look up Standard Oil (a terrible Monopoly) and AT&T (an arguably pretty good Monopoly).

News Comments > Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs "In Some Form or Fashion"
24. No subject Nov 11, 2013, 17:25 Topevoli

For the record, you can run WC3 at higher resolutions and with Widescreen support. Google it. It still holds up pretty well (except the extremely close camera).  

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
28. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 13:56 Topevoli

"We realize our game is not good enough to warrant a $60 price tag on the PC because the variety, quality and price of the competition means we will never be profitable. Console games sell and retain their $60 price for almost their entire lifespan, even if its terrible. So we choose to play it safe"

Fixed.

I think ports to the PC are still going to be an issue. "Next Gen" still can't match "current Gen" PC's in terms of graphical power. Just like this generation, to make a PC game really stick out will require a significant effort. If they try to release the same game on all three systems the PC version will look mediocre compared to the PC exclusives released at the same time and will be ignored as "just another port".

News Comments > BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam
22. Re: BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam Oct 4, 2013, 09:56 Topevoli

GFWL is the biggest F*ckup to ever come out of Redmond (I might need a few days to parse through the data of bad Microsoft moves to confirm this). It is amazing that a company so large and with so many talented people can get something so wrong.

Its almost like they were sabotaging the PC to bolster the Xbox. I find it truly amazing and under examined. Steam is making money hand over fist and Microsoft could have had a piece of that pie had they done things right.

It amazes me that they can not only stay in business, but make healthy profits year after year with some of the colossal screw ups they have made (Windows Vista (arguable maybe, but certainly not ready when it came out), Windows RT, GFWL, The Kin phone) and that is just over the past 7-8 years.

Go in a corner and die Microsoft. Your monopoly on the PC prevents real innovation and growth from smaller more intelligent companies.

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
3. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 10:07 Topevoli

Credit given for the good analogy at least.  

News Comments > Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week
20. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2013, 11:31 Topevoli

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 22:42:
There's some evidence GFWL is being patched out of Bioshock 2 and Arkham City. I doubt all publishers will go back and patch it out but its a potentially good sign.

I bought Arkham City and never played it for this very reason. After buying an SSD and re installing Windows, I was unable to use my old save game from Arkham Asylum (steam version with GFWL) even though I backed up all my local saves.

Upon further research it appears that GFWL inexplicably links all save data to your current setup. Even if you re install on the exact same hardware, all your progress is gone.

I hated having to log into GFWL, I hated having 5 accounts because I could never remember my hotmail passwords and getting locked out. I hated the constant updates that changed nothing and gave obscure error messages. But I put up with it to play some good games. Corrupting my save games for no good reason was the straw that broke the camels back. I can't wait for the company as a whole to go under and let smarter, customer friendly companies fill the void.

Microsoft offers nothing compelling anymore, they simply have the market share to outlast their better competition.

If you would like to communicate with me on Xbox Live you can find me at IHATEINEEDTHISACCOUNT@live.com... Seriously.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 30, 2013, 15:04 Topevoli

I don't mean Blue, he's just posting links of relevant stories. I mean the internet in general.

I much prefer to read and absorb information at my own pace than to watch a video.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 30, 2013, 14:01 Topevoli

Why must everything be a video these days?  

News Comments > Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited
10. Re: Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited Jul 22, 2013, 12:28 Topevoli

I totally annihilated my underwear when I heard this news.

KS wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 10:02:
If they make a new Total Annihilation (which is still the second best RTS ever after Sacrifice, which also curiously never had a sequel) please stay away from the modern tendency towards hero units.

While the commander is just such a thing, in modern games they are used as squad leaders with artificially restricted total numbers of units. TA battles are glorious ones of up to 200 at a time and the commander usually stays well back.

Well, TA did have veteran units (which counted kills), which I think became slightly more accurate. Such a great idea that I haven't seen implemented well since (CoH has vets, but there was nothing like having Big Bertha with 200 kills to its name.)

Usually the commander stays back... Usually. Don't forget about the dreaded Commander Transport rush on game settings where you had to destroy all units, not just the commander. The Commander's blew up nuclear style, so a well timed dropping of your commander in their base 2-3 minutes into the skirmish would totally destroy it.

So many fond memories of Cavedog, weekly new units, Mplayer and Kaili... Planetary Annihilation will probably be great, but I want some Arm vs Core action!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 12, 2013, 00:08 Topevoli

I lost my Hotmail password once, what a PITA that was. Maybe I should have called the NSA. They can tell me what my favorite food, favorite actor and alternate email address was 10 years after signing up, because I sure as hell can't remember.  

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
18. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 12:38 Topevoli

Choppy performance? Missing or low quality textures? Extended downtime?

So BF4 is actually just BF3 for the Xbox 360.

72 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo