Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for qsto

Real Name qsto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname qsto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2011, 19:00
Total Comments 83 (Suspect)
User ID 56923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > 3DMark DirectX 11 Tech Demo
5. Re: 3DMark DirectX 11 Tech Demo Jun 22, 2012, 12:41 qsto

I think Manny had better physics on his cloak in Grim Fandango, than the dude in this demo  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Announced
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Announced May 7, 2012, 10:53 qsto

Oh well, Homeworld 3 is a beautiful dream. Perhaps someday...  

News Comments > PC MW3 to Get DLC!
1. Re: PC MW3 to Get DLC! Apr 28, 2012, 13:41 qsto

Well stop your grinnin and drop your linen! I guess it's time to... oh wait nvm, I don't even own MW3

PS. LOL Shacknews

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
53. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 12:30 qsto

So when a multiplat title bombs; and bomb this game did on consoles too, it's PC's fault. But when a multiplat title does great... on PC as well, like Skyrim and BF3, it's just collateral sales?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patched
18. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 30, 2012, 04:41 qsto

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 03:27:
C'mon Blue, no mention of the pay-to-win DLC? They're now selling "shortcuts" that will unlock all the items for you @ $7 per class or category of vehicles. The package deal, which unlocks everything in the entire game instantly, costs $40.
Hardly pay-to-win. It's there to incentivise new players to stand a chance against folks who've clocked 300+ hours on the game. Especially the vehicle unlocks can be difficult to achieve if you start playing now. And after this patch, you can pretty much forget about tanks unless you sport a Reactive Armor from get-go. They also did it with BC2, so nothing new under the sun.

And as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this game. This patch proved once again, that all DICE is capable of is nerfing, more nerfing, and breaking balance and gameplay mechanics.

News Comments > GTA5 Details Leaked?
23. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 12:36 qsto

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:32:
bhcompy wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:20:
Meh, not really concerned. PC gamer through and through, but GTA is the type of game that's better on a console.
So you'd rather play games at 600-720p than 1200-1600p? You'd rather not have anti-aliasing, high resolution textures or modding capabilities? You'd rather have longer load times, be forced to use a controller and have to put the disk in each time? So much for you being a PC gamer through and through".
Don't forget the completely lackluster performance. GTAIV on consoles chokes severely in high-action scenes, dipping the framerate down to 20's.

At launch, I was able to play with my E8500@3.8GHz and GTX260 @1920x1200 on high-very high settings, staying around 35-40FPS outside.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Patch
5. Re: Dragon Age II Patch Mar 2, 2012, 07:24 qsto

Kastagir wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 01:27:
There used to be a thread on the Bioware forums asking what people would like to see in DA3.

News Comments > First PC Max Payne 3 Screenshots
10. Re: First PC Max Payne 3 Screenshots Feb 24, 2012, 04:17 qsto

Capitan wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 03:14:
Is it still Remedy Entertainment that develops Max Payne?
Translation: I want to pretend I'm jaded and indifferent about gaming industry news (even though I post on a site where 90% of the content is gaming news) and seemingly oblivious about this title by reminiscing the "good old days" and making specious observations regarding the perceived new style of the presentation; a snarky comment on how mainstream kids these days are only attracted to violence; regardless of the fact that MP & MP2 were as mainstream as it gets back in the day... and aside the grandiloquent and pompous overwritten style of the narrative, all about violence.

Acleacius wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 04:08:
Max Payne, a Noir game in the daytime, in the light, Max Payne?
Fighter of the Nightman: For Karate and Friendship

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2012, 16:43 qsto

Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 15:44:
People still use winRAR? Why?

Creston
High Definition x264 Standards
[ General ]
1.1) Release must be packed in RAR. SFV and NFO must be included.
1.2) Rars must be in multiples of 50 MiB, no more than 99 files.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
30. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 14:13 qsto

I think more than anything, this only tells the tale of how small the overhead of producing a PC port in this multiplatform age is.
All the assets are already there, and recompiling the PowerPC instruction set to run on x86 isn't much of a task. All that remains is little bit if tweaking here and there.

Alan Wake as a whole was under development for five years, and yet this PC port was pushed out in five months. Naturally the fact, that PC was the lead platform in the beginning probably helped out here, but the game has changed so dramatically of its origins, that it's almost like an entirely different game from what was demoed at IDF back in 2006

News Comments > Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype"
18. Re: Notch on Psychonauts 2 Feb 17, 2012, 12:23 qsto

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 10:05:
And the reality sets in...

This punk needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
He may be a bit over his head, but calling such a nice and jovial fella a punk, just because he's enthusiastic about something he believes in and has landed on fortune & fame without quite knowing how to handle it, says more about you as a bitter old and jaded geezer, than about Markus.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Today
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 17:32 qsto

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 16:44:
And they wonder why they get creamed by COD.
On PC? Are you delusional?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action Feb 10, 2012, 04:03 qsto

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 02:28:
If by worked fine you mean (And i respect you think its OK, but just to lits why its a bad JA game..)

This fucking game is a game where 9mm Glock and Mini-14 have an equal effective range...

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus
22. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus Jan 26, 2012, 09:56 qsto

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 00:03:
The game is a senseless arcade shooter that gets boring quickly. If all you're looking for is mindless arcade action go ahead and pick it up but if you're looking for serious space shooter action that has weight and depth. Sadly the game is way too simplistic. The missions are pretty canned while the production values are alright, the game itself is monotonous and it lacks a geniune feel that you are in space combat.

Freespace 2 SCP is still where it's at, get a copy of FS2 @ gog.com, hit http://scp.indiegames.us/ and get all the updates you can get way more entertainment value then this mindless indie attempt at a space sim.

Freespace open trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ
As aswesome as Freespace 2 is, it still belongs into the same simplistic arcade action category with this game, or X-Wing for that matter. All these games have the same toyish Star Wars flight model. Obviously mission parameters are much more complex in Freespace 2 and the battles far bigger, but it's still "aeroplane in space" nonetheless.

If you want realistic space combat with newtonian flight model, I suggest to check out I-War and IW2: Edge of Chaos. Of course Elite II belongs into this same category as well.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image
13. Re: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image Dec 22, 2011, 20:21 qsto

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 18:51:
Well sounds like the usual MW3 bashing.... The rest of the world happily plunked down a 1.5 billion dollars MW3. I bet each and everyone of the people posting below own a K/D ratio of about 0.2.
I bet most people here haven't even touched MW3 because they're too busy playing BF3.

News Comments > Skyrim LAA Patch
26. Re: Skyrim LLA Patch Dec 21, 2011, 08:59 qsto

Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 05:59:
Jerykk have you overclocked your CPU? Also Check your CPU temperature. If the answer to the first question is yes, try to run the game at stock CPU speeds and report your results. Hope this helps.

My CPU isn't overheating. It's just that Skyrim is poorly optimized and has wildly different performance across similar systems. Actually, that's not entirely true. From what I've read, nobody with a C2Q has gotten good performance, so it may just be that certain CPUs don't run the game well for no apparent reason. It's strange because Skyrim is still using Gamebryo and Bethesda's previous Gamebyro-based RPGs run about a million times better.
Always makes me cringe when the first thing some people ask when a game performance is at question, is whether or not your CPU overheats. Seriously, games don't even stress CPU anywhere near to the max, and a game like Skyrim doesn't max four native threads so it's completely moot. Certain areas like Solitude or Ragged Flagon are just poorly optimized. Shadows and multiple light sources in close quarters are the biggest strain on CPU.

And as far as CPU temps go, any CPU out there, whether OC'd or not, should be able to handle 12h of IntelBurnTest, or it's really no good for nothing. Simple as that.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2011, 09:10.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Announced
21. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 15:34 qsto

They never learn, do they? Just like L.A. Noir, this has FAIL written all over it, and it'll be $20 by the time Steam summer sale kicks off.  

News Comments > GSC Game World Closing?
35. Re: GSC Game World Closing? Dec 10, 2011, 02:18 qsto

EricFate wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 00:36:
Gaming company in unstable country releases broken niche product which fanbase eventualy fixes for free, closes after promising the moon yet only releasing rubber stamped versions of said same product until programmers quit and form different company. Film at 11!
For a second there I thought you were talking about Bethesda...

News Comments > GSC Game World Closing?
17. Re: GSC Game World Closing? Dec 9, 2011, 13:31 qsto

R.I.P. PC gaming
https://twitter.com/#!/joewillburn/status/145189538006966272

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
26. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 28, 2011, 03:49 qsto

What do we need this for? Nvidia drivers have the exact same function: Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames, no? I've always set it to 1. Couple that with my "zero lag" LP3065 S-IPS, I'm pretty much lag free.

The only issue causing lag in Skyrim was the forced vsync. Couple that with forced acceleration and you've got yourself a control clusterfuck. Luckily fixing this took only couple of .ini tweaks.

Only thing that makes the controls feel weird right now is the framerate bound vertical mouse speed. In some areas, stuff like waterfalls, mist etc. really kill my framerate, meaning under 60fps. That's when the mouse starts to feel laggy, but it has nothing to do with input lag.

Bigger issue are the physics that break when you pass 120fps. You start getting all sorts of weird poltergeist phenomena with the clutter. I'm using Dxtory to cap my framerate at 100, and the mouse controls are mostly CoD -like fluid. Why 100, you say, when the display is 60Hz? To mitigate tearing, when having disabled vsync...

83 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo