Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for qsto

Real Name qsto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname qsto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2011, 19:00
Total Comments 91 (Suspect)
User ID 56923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs
16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 13:30 qsto

Xero wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 11:03:
For anyone dissing the game's graphics, check this video out first...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qLuOVI1Fic

If it's not DX11, it sure does a great impression of it
What? Technically speaking that looks like utter shit! Now, having said that, I don't really care as I'm sucker for anything related to Aliens. I just think that even NS2 manages to top this thing visually. Still, my only fear is, that this game will be 10h SP with rince & repeat coop and a multi that no one will be playing two months after release.

If that's the case, it is indeed a bargain bin release for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Nvidia Display Driver Service Dec 29, 2012, 10:58 qsto

Yep, nowadays the service and its three spawning executives are tied to the control panel. You can still disable the service though, and use nvidiaInspector to replace the control panel.

Obviously you can't adjust any multi-monitor, color etc. setting, but all D3D related stuff is directly accessible. And you can tweak a myriad of more things via the setup panel of Inspector, than you ever could via nvidia's control panel.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
1. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 13:16 qsto

Looks boring, uninspired and laggy as fuck.  

News Comments > Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer
5. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 13:22 qsto

I just recently upgraded my old 80GB Intel G2 to 256GB 830. My first thought was to wait for 840, but 830 has been proven to be the most reliable drive in the market right now, and 840 is not THAT much faster to justify the price. Furthermore, jumping in blindly to a new SSD no matter how well received the manufacturer's past drives are is not very smart, unless you fully recognize the risks of being an early adopter.  

News Comments > Hawken Web Series Planned
7. Re: Hawken Web Series Planned Jul 14, 2012, 14:30 qsto

1AngryGamer wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 04:00:
meh

what separates this from Mechwarrior Online

As equally bright question as asking "what separates this from MechWarrior: Living Legends?"

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Delayed
15. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:12 qsto

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:09:
Highlander wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:24:
Yes, it was. The controls were floaty and terrible. I installed and uninstalled in a matter of minutes after playing it.
You bought a game and uninstalled it within minutes? Some people have more money than sense.
I see what you did there...

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Delayed
13. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:09 qsto

Highlander wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:24:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:19:
Axis wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 13:46:
Far Cry 2 was such a mess on PC, the controls and responsiveness made it complete garbage.

So I care less about FC3.
No, it wasn't.

Yes, it was. The controls were floaty and terrible. I installed and uninstalled in a matter of minutes after playing it. However, I am looking forward to FC3.
It was just a bad DX10 implementation. On DX9 the controls were smooth and totally responsive.

Doesn't take away the fact that it's a shit game...

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter Funded
8. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Funded Jun 23, 2012, 17:52 qsto

Besides Shadowrun and Wasteland 2, this is most awaited kickstarter. Already chipped in $20 myself. Can't wait.

And fuck yes turn-based!

News Comments > 3DMark DirectX 11 Tech Demo
5. Re: 3DMark DirectX 11 Tech Demo Jun 22, 2012, 12:41 qsto

I think Manny had better physics on his cloak in Grim Fandango, than the dude in this demo  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Announced
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Announced May 7, 2012, 10:53 qsto

Oh well, Homeworld 3 is a beautiful dream. Perhaps someday...  

News Comments > PC MW3 to Get DLC!
1. Re: PC MW3 to Get DLC! Apr 28, 2012, 13:41 qsto

Well stop your grinnin and drop your linen! I guess it's time to... oh wait nvm, I don't even own MW3

PS. LOL Shacknews

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
53. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 12:30 qsto

So when a multiplat title bombs; and bomb this game did on consoles too, it's PC's fault. But when a multiplat title does great... on PC as well, like Skyrim and BF3, it's just collateral sales?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patched
18. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 30, 2012, 04:41 qsto

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 03:27:
C'mon Blue, no mention of the pay-to-win DLC? They're now selling "shortcuts" that will unlock all the items for you @ $7 per class or category of vehicles. The package deal, which unlocks everything in the entire game instantly, costs $40.
Hardly pay-to-win. It's there to incentivise new players to stand a chance against folks who've clocked 300+ hours on the game. Especially the vehicle unlocks can be difficult to achieve if you start playing now. And after this patch, you can pretty much forget about tanks unless you sport a Reactive Armor from get-go. They also did it with BC2, so nothing new under the sun.

And as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this game. This patch proved once again, that all DICE is capable of is nerfing, more nerfing, and breaking balance and gameplay mechanics.

News Comments > GTA5 Details Leaked?
23. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 12:36 qsto

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:32:
bhcompy wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:20:
Meh, not really concerned. PC gamer through and through, but GTA is the type of game that's better on a console.
So you'd rather play games at 600-720p than 1200-1600p? You'd rather not have anti-aliasing, high resolution textures or modding capabilities? You'd rather have longer load times, be forced to use a controller and have to put the disk in each time? So much for you being a PC gamer through and through".
Don't forget the completely lackluster performance. GTAIV on consoles chokes severely in high-action scenes, dipping the framerate down to 20's.

At launch, I was able to play with my E8500@3.8GHz and GTX260 @1920x1200 on high-very high settings, staying around 35-40FPS outside.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Patch
5. Re: Dragon Age II Patch Mar 2, 2012, 07:24 qsto

Kastagir wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 01:27:
There used to be a thread on the Bioware forums asking what people would like to see in DA3.

News Comments > First PC Max Payne 3 Screenshots
10. Re: First PC Max Payne 3 Screenshots Feb 24, 2012, 04:17 qsto

Capitan wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 03:14:
Is it still Remedy Entertainment that develops Max Payne?
Translation: I want to pretend I'm jaded and indifferent about gaming industry news (even though I post on a site where 90% of the content is gaming news) and seemingly oblivious about this title by reminiscing the "good old days" and making specious observations regarding the perceived new style of the presentation; a snarky comment on how mainstream kids these days are only attracted to violence; regardless of the fact that MP & MP2 were as mainstream as it gets back in the day... and aside the grandiloquent and pompous overwritten style of the narrative, all about violence.

Acleacius wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 04:08:
Max Payne, a Noir game in the daytime, in the light, Max Payne?
Fighter of the Nightman: For Karate and Friendship

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2012, 16:43 qsto

Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 15:44:
People still use winRAR? Why?

Creston
High Definition x264 Standards
[ General ]
1.1) Release must be packed in RAR. SFV and NFO must be included.
1.2) Rars must be in multiples of 50 MiB, no more than 99 files.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
30. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 14:13 qsto

I think more than anything, this only tells the tale of how small the overhead of producing a PC port in this multiplatform age is.
All the assets are already there, and recompiling the PowerPC instruction set to run on x86 isn't much of a task. All that remains is little bit if tweaking here and there.

Alan Wake as a whole was under development for five years, and yet this PC port was pushed out in five months. Naturally the fact, that PC was the lead platform in the beginning probably helped out here, but the game has changed so dramatically of its origins, that it's almost like an entirely different game from what was demoed at IDF back in 2006

News Comments > Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype"
18. Re: Notch on Psychonauts 2 Feb 17, 2012, 12:23 qsto

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 10:05:
And the reality sets in...

This punk needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
He may be a bit over his head, but calling such a nice and jovial fella a punk, just because he's enthusiastic about something he believes in and has landed on fortune & fame without quite knowing how to handle it, says more about you as a bitter old and jaded geezer, than about Markus.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Today
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 17:32 qsto

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 16:44:
And they wonder why they get creamed by COD.
On PC? Are you delusional?

91 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo