Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for qsto

Real Name qsto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname qsto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2011, 19:00
Total Comments 91 (Suspect)
User ID 56923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Talks About Lack of Communication
16. Re: Valve Talks About Lack of Communication Jan 11, 2014, 05:41 qsto

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 04:34:
I don't get the hype about half-life 3, Half-life 2 wasn't as good as the original. So many parts of that game dragged so badly.
I think you reminisce HL1 with far too rose-coloured glasses. On A Rail was a convoluted mess and I really shouldn't even have to mention Xen at this point...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale (2)
8. Re: SimCity Limited Edition on the Microsoft Store. Save 50%. Jan 2, 2014, 20:55 qsto

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 20:42:
qsto wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 20:36:
mag wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:47:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 17:52:
Finally started playing Saints Row 4 and man have I missed Volition. I always wanted to see them make a spiritual successor to Freespace, but now I kind of want to see them make an open world Bladerunner style game instead. SR4 really isn't that far off while still embracing the craziness of Saints Row.

An open world cyberpunk/noir game? Yespleaseyesplease.
Well, there was Neocron back in the day. Albeit it was an MMO, it still comes closest of anything such what you depict. It was was a decent effort but quite buggy upon release and lacking in many gameplay aspects, or rather the implementation wasn't all there in many ways. But hacking for instance was awesome in that game.

It had so much potential though, and I've been craving after anything similar ever since. As of now, Neocron is actually F2P and still being actively developed by the community. I've been meaning to go back and try it gain, but for some reason I still haven't managed that

Here's to hoping someone will actually make a modern game such as Neocron in the near future. And that it will look like the UE4 tech demo Infiltrator we saw last year

Oh man Neocron. I beta tested that 10 years ago and it was such a pile of shit right up to and after release. They had a nice Deus Ex/System Shock MMO thing going on then flushed it down the toilet. Literally. You start off being forced into these dark boring sewers beating on derpy rats like every single fantasy MMO that came before it. Supposedly they made an expansion that turned into a sequel but I don't know what happened there and don't care.

I'll never touch another MMO because of Neocron.

Well, tbh it wasn't nearly as traditional MMO akin to its fantasy ilk like Anarchy Online. It actually tried to do something different, yet adhering to many aspects of most MMO games thus far. But yes, it was in quite a shitty state upon release.

Still, missing out on many decent MMO's that came after, just because of Neocron? Makes no sense, no offence man...

News Comments > On Sale (2)
5. Re: SimCity Limited Edition on the Microsoft Store. Save 50%. Jan 2, 2014, 20:36 qsto

mag wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:47:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 17:52:
Finally started playing Saints Row 4 and man have I missed Volition. I always wanted to see them make a spiritual successor to Freespace, but now I kind of want to see them make an open world Bladerunner style game instead. SR4 really isn't that far off while still embracing the craziness of Saints Row.

An open world cyberpunk/noir game? Yespleaseyesplease.
Well, there was Neocron back in the day. Albeit it was an MMO, it still comes closest of anything such what you depict. It was was a decent effort but quite buggy upon release and lacking in many gameplay aspects, or rather the implementation wasn't all there in many ways. But hacking for instance was awesome in that game.

It had so much potential though, and I've been craving after anything similar ever since. As of now, Neocron is actually F2P and still being actively developed by the community. I've been meaning to go back and try it gain, but for some reason I still haven't managed that

Here's to hoping someone will actually make a modern game such as Neocron in the near future. And that it will look like the UE4 tech demo Infiltrator we saw last year

News Comments > DayZ Sales Soar
10. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 00:05 qsto

Slinkycatz wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 23:18:
For a zombie game to work psychologically they have to leap at you, tackle you, grab you, pull you down.

I really do not like this "run up to you. stop. do arm flailing motion" model the game has had from the start. Annoys me too much to ignore it...
Except zombies were nerver the main point in DayZ, but rather just a distraction for your early survival streak when you try to find gear. After you've played for a while and learned the best places to gear up, it becomes all about the p2p.

In the so called "end game" it's just groups roaming about in the night with their thermalscoped snipes ambushing eachother, and just generally messing about.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 11:58 qsto

No love for Outlast?  

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 12:28 qsto

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:30:
So after six months of fucking around with shitty drivers, have they finally released one that stops crashing all the fucking time??
Strange. I've been running my GTX 660 Ti just fine this whole time, with either the official WHQL or the latest beta. Usually I just browse the guru3d comment section about the drivers to see some intial feedback, and either install or skip. The last driver I was running before these were the 326.80 betas. I had zero trouble with them. Haven't had time to test these with any other game than Payday 2, but so far so good.

Infact, I can't recall the last time I would've had any major trouble with nvidia drivers (was probably with Vista x64 RTM), and I tend to install quite a few of the betas inbetween the official WHQL releases. I think my last ATI card was X850 XT...

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
20. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 16:41 qsto

Naah... the next-gen console release will surely be here in time for the holidays. Not the PC however. It'll be Q1 2014...  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 12, 2013, 00:34 qsto

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:35:
Scaling looks off.....
Yeah, this might be more precise

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 14:02 qsto

DG wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 12:59:
Wondering if someone has figured that if V is (say) 100m2 and IV is 50m2, then the IV map should fit to half-way along the bottom, right? In other words out by an order of magnitude.
Here are some calculations that someome did. I think IV was around 10km^2

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 10:42 qsto

2nd_floor wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 00:43:
You mean $250M spent on a game needs a large user base, and Xbone and PS4 are not guaranteeing enough sales to make it worth it? You have to think that these new consoles willsell though. Or are console sales decreasing these days?
I think it's pretty much guaranteed that GTA V will eventually be released on the next gen consoles, as well as the PC. Those ports can be easily developed on parallel since the architecture is similar. But a game this huge has to turn profit quickly, and so yea, a large user base is pretty much a requisite for that from the get-go.

And speculating how the next gen will turn profit for the studios at this point is something only Pachter would do. We all know the economy is still in the tank and video game sales have been in decline throughout 2013. Still, your guess is as good as anybodys...

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 00:18 qsto

2nd_floor wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 23:51:
How big is the Skyrim map vs. this leaked map? This one seems small. Maybe the city just looks small because of the wilderness area and smaller towns/areas behind it. Is GTA IV bigger or small or same as this leaked shot?

Anybody know why Rockstar is making GTA V for X360/PS3 instead of Xbone and PS4, which will be able to produce much better quality and larger everything in the game?

Can you even run X360 games on Xbone? And PS3 games on PS4?

Here's Here's GTA SA, IV and RDR all scaled on GTA V's map and here's Skyrim.

And as to why launch on 360 & PS3 as contra One / PS4? It's a $250M game, that's why.

And no, there is no direct backwards compatibility on these consoles. Different architecture, different instruction set on the CPU. Nor would emulation be possible since there's not enough power on even modern day PC's to pull it off in realtime.

News Comments > GTA Online Trailer
13. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 12:51 qsto

16 players

Gathering how hyped everyone is about this, I'd say folks are expecting it to be some type of an MMO. Too bad really. I'm sure it'll be fun though, but I'm definitely saving it out for the inevitable PC version.

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 03:55 qsto

walrus1 wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 19:45:
What is the verdict on this year's STEAM sale? Personally I think it's pretty piss poor! Most of what is or has been on sale has already been on sale. Sometimes at the exact same discount or even deeper discounts!!
I think we're coming to a point where most of us already own everything we want to own and tbh there really isn't anything we need outside some exciting new indie titles. Personally I haven't purchased a single AAA game from this sale. Only stuff like Rogue Legacy, Toki Tori 2+, Awesomenauts etc.

If the Steam userbase doesn't expand in the future as rapidly as it has to this day, these sales will be an exercise in futility, since there'll be nothing left to buy for most people

News Comments > Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2
28. Re: Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2 Jul 11, 2013, 14:17 qsto

Gadzooks wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 12:31:
Deep Silver had no issues publishing Dead Island in the craptastic shape that it was in, and did NOTHING to fix or support the game. In fact, they rushed to pump out a sequel while many users still have issues with the first game.

They are the reasons I wont be buying Saints Row 4, or any other game for that matter.

Screw publishers
Screw people who use kickstarter and THEN still get a publisher.

Greed doesnt belong in the gaming world.

Not sure what "craptastic shape" you're referring to. I've cooped through both DI games and experienced pretty much zero issues. Sure, I had DI helper running on the backround, but iirc that was mostly to fix the mouse. Not a big deal.

And btw, greed belongs in life, bro. Get over it...

News Comments > The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow
9. Re: The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow Jul 2, 2013, 14:22 qsto

ItBurn wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 10:49:
It won't save my progress after I finish episodes... So all my choices aren't kept. DON'T try to help me debug this, I've spent a lot of time on that myself, even with support and I refuse to spend more on it.

Just create a symlink from The Walking Dead\Pack\default\prefs.prop to Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\prefs.prop and enjoy the game...

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
21. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 12:15 qsto

Optional Nickname! wrote on May 30, 2013, 11:27:
Not one comment on the fact that current Nvidia drivers will not install unless you have an active internet connection.

That the drivers use .NET or install the 'GeForce Experience' is not a rebuttal. Some platforms already have a .NET install and as well might not wish to install the optional non-driver items.

SimCity was boycotted for its online requirements, Microsoft is losing its fan-base due to its online requirements of Xbox and now Nvidia is following right behind them starting with this absurdity.

I'll wager honest money, gentle reader, that you were not aware of the on-line requirement. Nvidia didn't seem to inform any of us prior. Try installing the drivers offline, see what happens. Not recommended.

What is he talking about? I have outbound protection enabled on Windows firewall, and even if the driver tries to establish connection, I never allow it. I only install the main driver and PhysX. No "phone home" required in order to complete the installation.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2013, 23:23.

News Comments > Deus Ex Movie Details
36. Re: Deus Ex Movie Details Mar 2, 2013, 11:36 qsto

Taskeen wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 17:41:
Deus Ex to me was never "Cyber Punk," it is a somewhat realistic view of the future of Humanity in the context of our times.
The context of Cyberpunk has always been just that. A scifi more rooted to modern day societies; a future world not so far away that paints a picture which already carries an eerily close resemblance to these strange days we live in.
The first cyberpunk novels and the the tabletop RPG depicted a world where the nation state has become irrelevant, and huge multinational corporations run amok without any regard for the rule of law. That's pretty much the world we live in right now. Nation states are being held hostage by too big to fail banks, that can pretty much do ANYTHING they please without facing any consequences.

As far as Deus Ex goes, it was so ahead of its time back in the day, it's crazy when you think about it. Not talking about the gameplay elements here. I think everyone here can appreciate that side. I'm talking about the setting and the plotline. All those conspiracy theories that were introduced within the game, only started to go mainstream after 9/11 and the advent of fast broadband truly hitting everyday household.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
16. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 3, 2013, 13:49 qsto

Only a very entitled and self-righteous American upper middle-class white kid can say shit like this with a perfectly straight face.
Your country makes me sick in so many ways, it's not even funny anymore.

News Comments > Steam in Hot Water in the EU?
32. Re: Steam in Hot Water in the EU? Feb 2, 2013, 12:19 qsto

deqer wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 22:05:
TheEmissary wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 21:00:

That is great and all for older titles and console games but not so much for modern PC games. Most games lately are tied in to storefront/drm/middleware like steam.
So? So what? Your point?
Just don't play them then. What? Is this some type of crack that we can't live without? So, are you saying that once micro-transactions hit games, that we should play those games too because that's what's modern and we have no other choice?

Each time you play modern games, you are supporting a bad business model; you are being taken advantage of by the companies; and yet you don't think twice about it. You just eat it up?

Godddd, humans are dumb.
How about if I just like video games? It's a hobby of mine. Albeit only one of the many, yet certainly the dearest hobbby I have. Been playing since I was 2. I'm 32 now. How is it exactly that I'm being taken advantage of? I only see Steam as an advantage, not an impediment in any way for me to enjoy the games I love to play.

Btw, if this suit actually holds water and this case becomes a precedent, how is it going to bode down to the fact that we all know the next generation consoles will most likely feature a some form of a DRM system that more or less makes reselling of video games a thing in the past?

News Comments > More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement
5. Re: More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement Jan 17, 2013, 22:31 qsto

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 20:31:
I like complete open worlds a lot, but part of me is sad to see another game with segmented and very different areas like this go away. I'm not sure why the Deus Ex style of several mini open worlds appeals to me, but it does.

Either way can't wait for anything these guys make.
I can deffinitely attest to the attraction of multiple enclosed instances, rather than a single huge chunk of a world. Too often the "entirely open" gameworlds tend to be somewhat of a reprise through and through. When the dev actually splits the world into different smaller segments, each area becomes a lot more visually and thematically distinctive of eachother.

Having said that, CDPR is now in a position where I would be willing to throw my moneys at them without even knowing what that money will go to. They have convinced me that they truly care. Something that cannot be said about 90% of devs today.

91 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo