Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for qsto

Real Name qsto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname qsto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2011, 19:00
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 56923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 18, 2015, 19:31 qsto

This time around Adam looks to be even more of a super hero than anything else...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
19. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 14:50 qsto

ForgedReality wrote on May 21, 2015, 11:56:
Waiting on the "Fixed bug where we forgot to include strafing" update.
I don't even understand... is this a joke or a real gripe? This is RPG, not an FPS. You should try games like Die By The Sword, Rune or maybe Jedi Knight 2.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
4. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 10:36 qsto

nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 08:52:
Hoping these'll fix the "ERR GFX D3D" GTA crashes as well...

Got around 100h of GTAV with 350.12 drivers on GTX980 clocked 1500/8000 and not a single crash the entire time, online and campaign.

Anyhow, I fail to understand how new set of drivers could have anything to do with "marketing", please enlighten me.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
33. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 16, 2015, 04:18 qsto

Dagnamit wrote on May 15, 2015, 19:21:
sounds about right.

let's see... (looks under the desk)

3570k at 4.3ghz
gtx 970
8gb ram
Windows XP

Dammit!
>Windows XP
top kek

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 25, 2015, 08:10 qsto

Shok wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 22:11:
Hopefully it's the dipshits that decided buying utorrent and turning it into the worst ad-infested crapware since realplayer was a good idea.
Right. I'm still running 2.2.1.25302 but you're right, it all went downhill from there...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 10:31 qsto

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:22:
...word that the game will get a day one patch and that playing the game with a controller felt superior to playing with a mouse and keyboard.

Soon as I saw that, I realized it was most of your worst fears - a crap port.

Ignorant consolized lines like that give me an automatic savings in my wallet for a game I hoped would improve upon the last ones...
Witcher 2 was already built from ground up for consoles, and basically the consensus even back then was that it played better with a controller. So there's really no news here.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
21. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 23:06 qsto

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 21:10:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:51:
Anyone care to weigh in why they are pushing OpenGL when DX12 is on the horizon?

Easy portability to Linux and Mac, dude.
Valve has obviously been quite concerned about Mickeysoft's strategy to turn Windows into more of a closed platform for quite some time. Mickeysoft could very easily flip a switch and Valve (Steam) is out of business in an instant. Or, if not completely out of business, MS could make it a PITA for Valve if Steam were forced to become a Windows app with restrictions and some "rerouting" of profit$$$ into MS' pockets.
That's why Valve has begun R&D on Steam boxes based on Linux. They want to be at least somewhat prepared in case MS really dares to pull off what would then be considered one of the most epic dick moves in the history of Windows.

If this sounds too paranoid to you: Think again. Gabe was a Microsofty himself many moons ago. He certainly still knows some people there. Maybe someone even gave him some inside scoop on MS longer term plans re the future of Windows and "apps" like Steam.
Gabe must be having an idea about the corporate think and culture at MS. If Gabe seems to be concerned about the future of Steam on Windows then we should be even more so.
I came here to read this, was not disappoint

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox
7. Re: Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox Jan 30, 2015, 19:31 qsto

harlock wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 19:19:
Gadzooks wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 19:15:
Yup... and as for Jack.. the script + the voice actor = Best video game villian for the past 15 years. At least imo.

lolwut
Yeah lol, I could just throw Vaas Montenegro off the top of my head without even trying, Bob Page if I just try a little... Alduin, GLaDOS, maybe?! Sheez!

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 10:04 qsto

Added key binding that allows players to walk.
Stunned ... Shocked ... Wtf ... Laugh2 ... Rifle ... Laugh ... Rolleyes

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
74. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 17, 2015, 04:32 qsto

NKD wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:02:
Best OS for gamers doesn't really say much. There's no competition.

The importance of Windows itself for gaming is minimal. The only reason it matters at all is because of DirectX. When I'm playing a game I don't even interact with Windows. I'm playing a game with its own interface, its own input scheme, etc.

Windows involvement in my gaming experience is twofold:

1) DirectX

2) Have an icon or something I can click to start the game somewhere.

Does it have those two things? Do they work properly? Good job.

Not wanting to sound anal about this, but the OS still does quite a few more things than that in order for your gaming experience to be whole. File I/O, thread scheduling, compiler library runtime stuff etc. Game code isn't just graphics and sound subroutines.

Having said that, I'll most likely will be running Windows 7 for years to come, unless 10 really gives me a compelling reason to upgrade. Try to force feed me any of that windows store / xbl crap and I'll streer far far away.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
34. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 16:53 qsto

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 13:22:
i5-2500k still banging along here, best damned OCer I've ever come across. I'm looking for reasons to upgrade but still haven't really come across any. I think I need to swap the PSU in this soon though.
Yeap, same here. Mine's going 4.7GHz on air without even trying. I'll be sure to break 5GHz before I upgrade. In the meantime, GTX970 will suffice. None of these new cards require pcie 3.0 yet....

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 13, 2014, 04:00 qsto

nin wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 18:49:
Windows 7 users urged to uninstall broken update that wreaks havoc on software.

This is why I wait a month on patches...

Or just a couple of days. I installed the latest patches on 12th and apparently never even received this update.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming Dec 1, 2014, 11:53 qsto

Hump wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 09:19:
for an engine/renderer based off of old Quake 3 tech, many of the MP maps run like complete shit.

I hope they address them.
Are they really still using the old IW engine? I haven't played any CoD game since the first Black Ops, but I really thought IW had no part in AW thus I'd think a new engine would've been used in this, being a "next gen" title and all...

I've been actually planning to jump online to play this on PC. Is your experience on that or on consoles?

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
2. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 14, 2014, 19:45 qsto

Wow, It Came From the Desert got a sequel? I had no idea! Cinemaware games were one of my most cherished Amiga games as a kid. Especially DotC, ICftD and Wings.

Always loved the way they combined different gameplay mechanics and styles together.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
16. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 13:18 qsto

But why?  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
35. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 12:12 qsto

Flatline wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:47:
nin wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:45:
qsto wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:41:
What about Alliance? It is a great game and definitely deserves a re-release. I think GOG should've actually released the entire trilogy, and only with updated graphics. Still have my trilogy CD's around, but unfortunately they won't install on 64bit OS without hassle.

Hopefully "soon". I would expect they're going to take one look at the sales numbers for these and have no question Alliance and XvT need to happen.

Alliance would be good, but I have 2 words for you:

Full. Throttle.
No doubt it deserves a GOG release. It's just that FT runs just fine under ScummVM. X-Wing games, not so much.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
23. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 11:41 qsto

What about Alliance? It is a great game and definitely deserves a re-release. I think GOG should've actually released the entire trilogy, and only with updated graphics. Still have my trilogy CD's around, but unfortunately they won't install on 64bit OS without hassle.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
32. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 23:04 qsto

Yeeah... I remain hopefully sceptic yet I want to believe... Don't fucking disappoint me this time BW!  

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
33. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 16:09 qsto

ldonyo wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 10:03:
50GB of disk space?!? If your ISP employs a data cap you'd better plan well in advance for the download. I realize the download won't be 50GB, but it won't be less than 30GB.
I gather only some ISP's in developing nations would have data caps?

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 25, 2014, 16:07 qsto

You can install them with a modded nv_disp.inf and work just fine on 6 & 7 series cards. Wouldn't bother though since 344.11 are great drivers.  

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo