Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for qsto

Real Name qsto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname qsto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2011, 19:00
Total Comments 89 (Suspect)
User ID 56923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
2. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 14, 2014, 19:45 qsto

Wow, It Came From the Desert got a sequel? I had no idea! Cinemaware games were one of my most cherished Amiga games as a kid. Especially DotC, ICftD and Wings.

Always loved the way they combined different gameplay mechanics and styles together.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
16. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 13:18 qsto

But why?  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
35. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 12:12 qsto

Flatline wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:47:
nin wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:45:
qsto wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:41:
What about Alliance? It is a great game and definitely deserves a re-release. I think GOG should've actually released the entire trilogy, and only with updated graphics. Still have my trilogy CD's around, but unfortunately they won't install on 64bit OS without hassle.

Hopefully "soon". I would expect they're going to take one look at the sales numbers for these and have no question Alliance and XvT need to happen.

Alliance would be good, but I have 2 words for you:

Full. Throttle.
No doubt it deserves a GOG release. It's just that FT runs just fine under ScummVM. X-Wing games, not so much.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
23. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 11:41 qsto

What about Alliance? It is a great game and definitely deserves a re-release. I think GOG should've actually released the entire trilogy, and only with updated graphics. Still have my trilogy CD's around, but unfortunately they won't install on 64bit OS without hassle.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
32. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 23:04 qsto

Yeeah... I remain hopefully sceptic yet I want to believe... Don't fucking disappoint me this time BW!  

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
33. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 16:09 qsto

ldonyo wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 10:03:
50GB of disk space?!? If your ISP employs a data cap you'd better plan well in advance for the download. I realize the download won't be 50GB, but it won't be less than 30GB.
I gather only some ISP's in developing nations would have data caps?

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 25, 2014, 16:07 qsto

You can install them with a modded nv_disp.inf and work just fine on 6 & 7 series cards. Wouldn't bother though since 344.11 are great drivers.  

News Comments > GOG.com Turns Six
7. Re: GOG.com Turns Six Sep 8, 2014, 13:35 qsto

Luke wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:46:
Great site with no spyware...like that steam shit
This shit is really getting old...

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 10:06 qsto

So how is it, that back in the day "alpha" meant a playable build of the game, albeit missing a lot of the assest, and most definitely stuff like sound, music and certainly all voice acting. Nowadays whenever they showcase alpha or even release alpha builds for testing a la Battlefield, it's more akin to a 'beta" than anything else.

Anyhow, I don't get a strong feeling of a "party based tactical RPG" from this spammy combat. It's almost like you're playing solo, and suddenly your party just appears out of nowhere and starts throwing their shit around.

Hopefully you can still micro manage the party and in harder difficulties, zooming back on large battles and asigning consecutive commands on individual party members is a must for survival. Queuing actions is still probably too much to ask for...

Quinn wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:04:
Then again, what the Dragon Age franchise desperately needs is a dynamic animal population system (DAPS). It was high time they introduced it. We're sure to see DAPS in any upcoming RPG from now on. Let's just hope The Witcher 3 isn't going to be delayed because of it.

... ... ... ... Lol_dies

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
42. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 29, 2014, 05:54 qsto

I've only had my key revoked once on Steam. It was MW2 key purchased via G2Play. Supposedly a stolen batch. They replaced my key in couple of days and I've had no problems with them or Kinguin after that. Purchased dozens of keys since then, always at least half the price of Steam. I guess stuff like this happens every now and then. Can't really comment on Rebellion or their game since I've no interest in this. Played the coop Nazi Zombie thing and it was fun while it lasted, but nothing special.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 00:01 qsto

Yay! PS4 has grass!  

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Announced
10. Re: Dead Island 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 10:10 qsto

Task wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 08:59:
eh why i thought they were making that daylight game
As it says right there, this isn't developed by Techland but some dev I've never heard of, Yager. Apparently they made SpecOps which I never played...

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
1. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 08:45 qsto

Yep, this is it... from now on, there's pretty much bound to be a new BF game EVERY year until the kingdom cometh. Next year it's either new BC title or some future sci-fi BF.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2014, 14:00 qsto

Yeah, if I could get it at Steam without Uplay, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. But for me, Uplay is no sale, period.  

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
2. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 12:59 qsto

So this game actually benefits from hyper-threading? That would be the first wouldn't it... to this day HT has actually only impaired game performance iirc.

Here I was thinking to hold on to my 2500k@4.7GHz for a few more years, maybe upgrade to Maxwell once it arrives. Guess I'll be dead in the water in six months

News Comments > DayZ Plans
8. Re: DayZ Plans Apr 6, 2014, 05:39 qsto

MajorD wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 18:27:
They need to address the X-Axis mouse issue is what they need to address.

Anyone else have that issue, and if so, do you know of a fix? The issue renders the game pretty much unplayable.

Acceleration cannot be currently disabled completely even though the toggle option is in the menu. It will however be addressed in experimental build next week and should find its way to "stable" branch by the end of the month.

You can still set mouseSmoothing=0; in DayZProfile file under \Documents\DayZ and remember to disable vsync. The game will yet apply a certain amount of delay if you try to pull a fast 180, since it's based on ArmA2 which is a simulator, and tries to create a realistic feel for the movement that will most likely piss off anyone used to arcade shooters. Still, it's not a twitch game and i've never had issues hitting anything while in scoping / IS mode because of lag. Playing in 3rd person will also somewhat mitigate the lag in x-axis movement.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
23. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 12:39 qsto

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 10:07:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 10:06:
vacs wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 10:00:
You do know that there is a 64-bit version XP Pro available? So XP users can still play this game when it comes out
I did know that, but I have no idea if they represent 1, 5, 10, or 50% of the installed XP base. If I had to guess, I'd guess under 10%.

From what I'd heard a few years ago, it was buggy as fuck and no one used it.

I used XP x64 exclusively for about a year before Vista was released, and had no issues with it. In fact it was a very robust OS that had a thread scheduling way beyond to that of 32bit XP. I was able to multitask like crazy and never had unresponsive programs on my taskbar like I used to in old XP. For me it ran smooth as butter.

Obviously some exotic hardware drivers didn't exist but but as far as graphics, sound, networking etc. everything was tip top during the time it was running on my system. And gaming on it was far far more fluid than on Vista x64, but that goes without saying.

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu - The Video Game Revealed
5. Re: Call of Cthulhu - The Video Game Revealed Jan 17, 2014, 14:50 qsto

Despite being buggy and generally looking like ass, I really enjoyed Dark Corners of Earth. It had a very gripping atmosphere, a story worthy of its origins and it combined this sort of old school adventure feel with decent puzzels into fps better than anything before, or even after.

Here's to hoping these guys are striving for something similar.

News Comments > Valve Talks About Lack of Communication
16. Re: Valve Talks About Lack of Communication Jan 11, 2014, 05:41 qsto

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 04:34:
I don't get the hype about half-life 3, Half-life 2 wasn't as good as the original. So many parts of that game dragged so badly.
I think you reminisce HL1 with far too rose-coloured glasses. On A Rail was a convoluted mess and I really shouldn't even have to mention Xen at this point...

News Comments > On Sale (2)
8. Re: SimCity Limited Edition on the Microsoft Store. Save 50%. Jan 2, 2014, 20:55 qsto

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 20:42:
qsto wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 20:36:
mag wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:47:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 17:52:
Finally started playing Saints Row 4 and man have I missed Volition. I always wanted to see them make a spiritual successor to Freespace, but now I kind of want to see them make an open world Bladerunner style game instead. SR4 really isn't that far off while still embracing the craziness of Saints Row.

An open world cyberpunk/noir game? Yespleaseyesplease.
Well, there was Neocron back in the day. Albeit it was an MMO, it still comes closest of anything such what you depict. It was was a decent effort but quite buggy upon release and lacking in many gameplay aspects, or rather the implementation wasn't all there in many ways. But hacking for instance was awesome in that game.

It had so much potential though, and I've been craving after anything similar ever since. As of now, Neocron is actually F2P and still being actively developed by the community. I've been meaning to go back and try it gain, but for some reason I still haven't managed that

Here's to hoping someone will actually make a modern game such as Neocron in the near future. And that it will look like the UE4 tech demo Infiltrator we saw last year

Oh man Neocron. I beta tested that 10 years ago and it was such a pile of shit right up to and after release. They had a nice Deus Ex/System Shock MMO thing going on then flushed it down the toilet. Literally. You start off being forced into these dark boring sewers beating on derpy rats like every single fantasy MMO that came before it. Supposedly they made an expansion that turned into a sequel but I don't know what happened there and don't care.

I'll never touch another MMO because of Neocron.

Well, tbh it wasn't nearly as traditional MMO akin to its fantasy ilk like Anarchy Online. It actually tried to do something different, yet adhering to many aspects of most MMO games thus far. But yes, it was in quite a shitty state upon release.

Still, missing out on many decent MMO's that came after, just because of Neocron? Makes no sense, no offence man...

89 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo