Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Task

Real Name Task   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Taskeen
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 6, 2011, 23:17
Total Comments 179 (Novice)
User ID 56916

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life Anniversary
29. Re: Half-Life Anniversary Nov 19, 2013, 23:00 Taskeen

Parias wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 22:42:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 22:19:
I'm not sure who to blame for there being no amazing new SW Flight Sim in this day in age, with all the new tech that is available - LucasArts head exec's or publishers thinking SW Space Sim wouldn't sell anymore.

It's not exactly a Star Wars game, but "why doesn't anybody make good space sims anymore" is basically the underlying mentality for Star Citizen (if it ever comes out).

I know that, but with LucasArts tanking, to me that seems like the death knell of their ever being specifically another PC space sim based on Star Wars. Even IF LA cocked up and hadn't released anything good for a long time. I don't trust publishers Disney is shopping out Star Wars games titles to, to take chances at reviving them. EA, especially as a publisher handling any Star Wars game is just utter disappoint.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
17. Re: Into the Black Nov 19, 2013, 22:52 Taskeen

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 22:39:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 20:24:
Did anyone picked this up on the PC?
I am hearing some good things about this one. Like it is a better Far Cry then Far Cry 3 was.

I got it, but have been having some issues transferring the data from my work Uplay install to my home install.

"Being able to create and restore backups? Why the hell would anyone want to do that?!"

-cuntrack Ubisoft executive.

Some people at Kotaku said they absolutely preferred AC Black Flag on PC compared to console, and would never buy AC again on console.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
75. Re: Roberts: Nov 19, 2013, 22:46 Taskeen

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 09:38:

Just something to consider before you guys get all worked up about "that mofo spends our money on hardware"

That is indeed how its done. NVidia and AMD want to help by donating to them free stuff. The engineers and developers for NVidia and AMD often send a huge number of their people to game developers in order to assist with optimization. And they don't ask for any money for just showing up to help optimize.

BTW, titans are becoming old news. Two Overclocked (new) GTX 780 Ti's beat two titans easily, and for a lot cheaper.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 19, 2013, 22:40 Taskeen

Those new Blizzard people are such c***s sometimes. When Matt Chat interviewed the author of the 'stay and listen' book about the original Diablo 1 and 2 developers, the author of that book made an extremely valid point about forcing online only. It forever dooms the possibility of that game not being able to play for some future generation when the servers are good and gone, in other words, it has the potential to become non playable gaming history and that's sad. It also frustrates the experience for the player if they prefer to have their own experience by playing Solo.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall (Berlin) in January
17. Re: Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall (Berlin) in January Nov 19, 2013, 22:37 Taskeen

Scheherazade wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 19:52:
I felt very satisfied beating it without save-anywhere.
Moreso than beating the usual game where I can rewind any time things go badly.

Had its frustrating moments, but generally, it added to the game (for me).
oh well.

-scheherazade

I felt the same way.

Although, it would be good as a difficulty option for save types.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 19, 2013, 22:35 Taskeen

durandal wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 21:34:
Apparently the PC version has already been pirated for almost 2 weeks.
It's terrible for the people who worked hard for this game, 0-day piracy especially, but i can't help but to feel it's ironic. The game about pirates gets pirated hard...

Well 21st century internet pirates gotta have their roots somewhere. Just think of it as a full version demo ;). If you like it, ya can buy it.

News Comments > Half-Life Anniversary
27. Re: Half-Life Anniversary Nov 19, 2013, 22:19 Taskeen

Ha, I used to visit this site back in the day when the Star Wars Flight sims were all the rage. Blues News used to post when the X-Wing Alliance upgrade project would release each update.

I'm saddened to this day there has not been any new Star Wars flight sims for PC - I played X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance. I liked all of them, but TIE Fighter was my favorite, because it dared to allow you to play a character from the perspective of an Imperial, and it was damn good. That same pilot you played as even made an appearance in the Extended Universe books. X-Wing Alliance was also my first modding project ever for a PC game - I was the individual involved with first converting TIE Fighter to the XWA engine. I had worked on it with some guy from Australia, I think, to convert the audio while I worked on the missions. I never finished it (Lots of bugs).

I never released it, and eventually remembered I had all the work sitting on a hard drive I never used anymore, after getting interested in PC building. I couldn't remember why I had saved it and then it clicked, was able to run the old IDE HD on my computer, copy the TIE Fighter conversion project off of it and released it 'as is' to the XWA community. Other modders had been attempting a TC too, so they used what complete stuff there was, adapted it, and released a full fledged TC Project.

I'm not sure who to blame for there being no amazing new SW Flight Sim in this day in age, with all the new tech that is available - LucasArts head exec's or publishers thinking SW Space Sim wouldn't sell anymore.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2013, 22:29.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2013, 21:36 Taskeen

I'm glad the TPP was leaked by whatever peeps on the inside. Thank you insiders for recognizing this heinous bill made by dickbags in secret.  

News Comments > New Studio to Resume Command & Conquer Development
10. Re: New Studio to Resume Command & Conquer Development Nov 18, 2013, 21:34 Taskeen

raVen wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 21:16:

Always online: Always sucks.

That should be the selling motto for 'always online' that these publishers think are good for consumers.

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
67. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 18, 2013, 19:09 Taskeen

NV was basically Obsidian making due with the Gamebryo engine as best they could. I think they did so greatly, even though that engine is really, really unsuited for the original 'tactical' nature of combat itself from the original fallout games.

Being able to choose how combat played out was the big winner for from the original games - I loved the pause tactical turn-based style for strategizing what my dude and my followers were going to do. Trying to do that in FO3 is a PAIN in the ass, since Elder Scrolls/Gamebryo is also totally unsuited for that type of game-play with followers.

And like what was said in these comments Todd Howard is definitely a Dude Bro. "Dude Bro Fallout FPS? Dudebro!"

If FO4 is made by Obsidian, then cool-beans - but purely by Bethesda, no thanks - I would rather buy "Bethesda FO4" when its 10 bucks on a steam sale .

If they want to surprise us and try something different, then by all means. But Todd Howard being a Dude Bro and saying the game shouldn't have choices in game styles is a huge let down for me - like a top-down tactical/pause view along WITH a choice for first person pseudo real-time, like say... Dragon Age (Tactical/Pause and/or 3PV Real-Time/Pause).

And I think someone made a comment about Witcher should be skyrim like open-world, hopefully you have been following Witcher 3, because that's exactly whats its touted to be like.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2013, 19:14.

News Comments > Stasis Kickstarter
3. Re: Stasis Kickstarter Nov 18, 2013, 18:57 Taskeen

This does indeed look good. Like original Fallout good. So many different types of crowdsource games I want to throw my money into to, my god.  

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
56. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 18:56 Taskeen

Icewind wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 18:42:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 16:56:
Approaching 2014, with 30+ years of computerized gaming in the general public's daily experience and the requisite decades of forum postings on said subject, with dozens of generations and hundreds of iterations of CPUs, GPUs and mobo form factors and near universal understanding of what an OS, or simply what 'the Windows' does you would think that we could finally collectively agree that consoles are low-end PCs that run the console OS, and not the Windows, by design.

Who on God's green and bountiful Earth, after so many generations of consoles and now generations of post-AOL people, actually doesn't understand that and has to have that explained to them?

QFT

QTFDOUBLET

News Comments > New Studio to Resume Command & Conquer Development
8. Re: New Studio to Resume Command & Conquer Development Nov 18, 2013, 18:52 Taskeen

If they re-invent it back to a single player game, with all its goofy stupidness, and bring that to a multiplayer component addition like the old C&C, then definitely I will look forward to it. Hell if they add the multiplayer similar to their previous MP only iteration, with lots of different generals and stuff to play as, that'll add to the MP component a lot. That game was so over the top goofy for an RTS back in the day, but also added fresh ideas, and that's why I loved it. Like a different take on Red Alert kind of wackiness.

Because by golly, my GLA workers need sandals to work faster.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 18:43 Taskeen

Malachii wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 15:29:
I'm with you on the BF4 :-(
Now for those used to fps'ing on consoles, I am struggling badly and looking for advice/tips. The vehicle controls are better than M/K imo, but running around, you would all laugh. I should upload a 15 minute clip of me sucking so bad you would think I've never played a game before. Why does it sometimes kind of auto lock on the enemy and follow them but not others? I know its called aim assist, but there is no stability to it that I can tell. Aiming at an enemy far away is a joke for me, but never for them. What's the trick? More sensitivity? Less?

Dude, trust me on this. Shop around for keyboard/mouse emulator hardware for consoles if you are as used to keyboard/mouse setup as I am. I can not, and I mean not play FPS games with a controller - its like learning how to ride a bike. Some players are just naturally gods with controllers, with lots of practice, but not me. Keyboard/Mouse is what I've learned to use for years with FPS - well actually when someone taught me to use WASD instead of arrow keys, I was amazed beyond belief at how natural it felt, and adapted to it in minutes.

I've tested out EagleEye hardware on a friends PS3 and it works beautifully, you can even map the controls the same as they are on PC (if the game in question is also on PC). It was VERY precise and even more so than using a controller.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 18:37 Taskeen

PS4? Ha, time to buy a PS3 for the first time. Bring on the price drops baby!  

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
42. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 18:25 Taskeen

I read a lot of these comments today, by while doing so I already saw a few mods on the Egosoft forums that are already changing things people are mentioning here concerning mechanics (not graphics). In the past, Egosoft was pretty good about focusing solely on fixing things or even adding things in their past games - I have faith that they will do something good with X-Rebirth, change or add things based on feedback, and go from there to add more like alien races perhaps.

That being said, I haven't bought the game - I usually don't early adopt games anymore, although I know that can help immensely with funding. I will likely pick up X Rebirth in 2 months or more when there is an overhaul mod or "all in one" mod that makes aspects of the game way more complex, like the economy actually matter or other neat things. I have no doubt of the creative abilities of the modders, I only played X3 with mods. Hell, I only play Skyrim with mods - Vanilla, fat chance. With so many excellent modders out there, chance is you will be able to find from a single mod or a whole bunch where you can change the game to YOUR liking. That is the beauty of modding and PC games that support it.

Examples of mods to keep a watch on:

Manual Command Extension
Never Enter Station Again
and more at
X Rebirth Nexus (Like Elder Scroll games, this nexus will soon be a treasure trove)

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2013, 18:32.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 16, 2013, 23:28 Taskeen

Shouldn't they be worrying about real crime, like people/child trafficking and murderers? Last time I checked hackers are pretty low on the threat scale to society.  

News Comments > Obduction Funded; Teased
6. Re: Obduction Funded; Teased Nov 16, 2013, 20:22 Taskeen

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 16:59:
And I'm sure Epic pointed at their tiny penis and walked away laughing.

Dick size matters in game design? What about vagina size?

News Comments > Obduction Funded; Teased
1. Re: Obduction Funded; Teased Nov 16, 2013, 12:40 Taskeen

Definitely cool, haven't heard of this one yet. Alien Abduction is an interesting setting for an adventure game, and spooky as hell. I never actually played any of those Myst games when I was younger.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 15, 2013, 20:49 Taskeen

I would assume he would be hired, it only makes sense.

Their lawyer argues that hackers like him really are no threat to society, and I think that is true. They don't go around murdering people, beating people up, or organized banking crime - AKA real crime.

If they got the skills, it can be honed, and used for IT security analyst jobs, which are actually very challenging jobs. In a way, this kid is taking the fall, when it was likely way more people involved - the whole point also was to make people aware of illegal surveillance. They are merely imprisoning him to scare other hackers in to not revealing other dirty corporate secrets.

He may also have been a victim of entrapment. That is when agencies like the FBI hire 'informants' and actually goad people into doing something they would otherwise never do, and thus entrap them.

179 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo