Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kythlyn

Real Name Kythlyn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2011, 01:32
Total Comments 104 (Novice)
User ID 56889

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 18, 2014, 12:05 Kythlyn

Just want to mention that Defender's Quest is a very interesting hybrid of RPG and Tower Defense. If you're a fan of those genres, it's pretty much must-play.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 14, 2014, 20:36 Kythlyn

Where's Go?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
16. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 12:35 Kythlyn

I don't like using Origin or Uplay, and like most of you, would be quite happy if everything was on Steam and also available DRM free... but I won't let a digital distribution platform stop me from buying a game I am looking forward to.  

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
16. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 17:13 Kythlyn

Weird that it recommends a 2GB graphics card, but then lists the 560ti which is 1GB.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 3, 2014, 19:22 Kythlyn

Yup, me too. Been looking forward to this one for a while!  

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
27. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 15:27 Kythlyn

This is very bad timing--just when things were looking up for Diablo III. Sigh.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
24. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 13:18 Kythlyn

flechett3 wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 11:58:
All of the old legendary/set items are there, but there considered legacy now. 2.0 adds a ton of entirely new legendaries and sets. IMHO, they've done worse than half-ass the new items. A lot of the new legendaries are basically strong rares, and a lot of the new sets don't seem worth crafting (now that they all take 2 brimstone per item).

Brimstone is not the rarity it once was. At the rate legendary items drop now, you'll end up with a stack of it if you put any serious hours in.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta
8. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta Mar 12, 2014, 00:13 Kythlyn

Hearthstone is fantastic... thought that was worth mentioning.  

10. Re: Game Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 12:15 Kythlyn

I think their morality score is kind of interesting. It's like, yes, it's a fun game, and yes, if you're sensitive to sexual content/violence you should stay far, far away. Not sure where the hypocrisy is there. They're just acknowledging multiple demographics in their review.  

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 12:55 Kythlyn

nin wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:50:
My only gripe with 2.0 is, at least for me so far, it almost makes crafting pointless. Sometimes I'll go through and see what gear hasn't been upgraded lately and craft something, but then I'm afraid something better will drop right away. I can then DE the lesser item, but still...

I was still able to use crafting to upgrade certain equipment slots from time to time when I made a new character. Loot 2.0 guarantees relevancy to the class you are playing (90% of the time) and you can expect to get an orange drop every hour or two at least, but it does not magically give you an item for the slot you need, so crafting can still compensate for that.

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:42:

Legendary's aren't very special anymore and yellow is the new blue.

I don't feel like they have overtuned it at all. The oranges you get are bind on account, and are meant specifically to make the game more fun for everyone. It is definitely still significantly more rewarding to find a legendary item than anything else in the game, and a well rolled blue can still come in handy during the leveling process. I'd only call yellow the new blue at level cap.

As for InBlack, I'm not going to open that can of worms. To each his own!

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2014, 13:02.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 17:40 Kythlyn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 17:03:
You have to admit it's great in-game advertising though Hard to resist the expansion... when you have fun and see all this stuff that would be even more fun.

In game advertising for the expansion is a small price to pay considering all of the Reaper of Souls features that did in fact make it into 2.01 for all Diablo III players.

News Comments > PC Lococycle Next Month
2. Re: PC Lococycle Next Month Jan 30, 2014, 13:24 Kythlyn

This was the single worst game I played at E3.  

News Comments > Octodad This Month
5. Re: Octodad This Month Jan 16, 2014, 15:53 Kythlyn

Played this at E3 and Indiecade. It's absolutely hilarious and puts the "fun" back in videogames.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 28, 2013, 14:56 Kythlyn

If there was ever an argument against console gaming, this would be it.  

News Comments > Night of the Rabbit Game and Demo on Steam
2. Re: Night of the Rabbit Game and Demo on Steam Nov 26, 2013, 14:01 Kythlyn

The game has been out for a while, but the demo is new. A friend of mine swears by this game as his favorite point and click adventure.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2013, 14:17.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 26, 2013, 01:08 Kythlyn

I love my Vita. Just sayin'.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: Humble Bundle Aug 14, 2013, 23:39 Kythlyn

Most of them are on Steam, and for those, you get one key for each platform.

Also, if you give 100% to charity, it isn't bad at all no matter what.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII Jul 4, 2013, 14:55 Kythlyn

...Cloud saves... CLOUD SAVES! Ahahahahah.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Apr 26, 2013, 20:50 Kythlyn

For the GMG sale of Tomb Raider, use this code to save an extra $5. Cost at checkout should be $20.

GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA

20. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2013, 20:43 Kythlyn

Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:23:
No offense intended (and I don't mean this personally), but your stated rationale for your review is abominable. Honestly, to say that "... I wrote 3000 words about the game itself, and increasing the size of the review for the sake of bug reports that would become inaccurate in a matter of days didn't seem like the right decision to make at the time..." is laughable. When I read a review, it is usually the prelude to buying the game. And if I buy a game based on your review, only to find out that the game I'm playing doesn't reflect the review you wrote (because you are trying to "future proof" your review), then I am going to lose all faith in your reviews and the site as a whole.

In fact, the most damning critique of this review is contained within your own words. If you wrote 3000 words about the game, I would expect those words to be roughly divided based on the percentage of the game that is described by them. Considering the serious bugs and broken systems, to spend a measly paragraph on the issues, with the rationale that you hope EA will fix them soon, is kind of embarrassing.

Once again, I don't want you to think that I am attacking you personally. I appreciate your courage in addressing the criticism here on BN. I just think your reasoning for your review is dangerously flawed. And I think using "faith" in a developer (especially when that developer has already failed to live up to its obligations pre-release) as a justification for reviewing a game that presently does NOT exist (at least as you describe it) is not good journalistic practice...

Just to clarify, while I do have faith that the game will be improved in the future, that had NO affect on the final score I gave to the game. That score was based on my experience playing the game, and how much I enjoyed it (believe it or not) once the servers stabilized. I found the game to have issues, but I do not consider the game "broken" as many people describe it.

Also, I did write plenty about my negative experiences with the game during launch week (especially in the introduction and conclusion of the review), and also provided a link to a frequently updated news article that was kept up to date with those issues. I hope to keep my review process as clear and open as possible, and I certainly don't mean to mislead readers in any way.

That being said, I understand why you guys think I didn't cover enough of the bugs in the review, and I'll keep that in mind for future articles. I really do appreciate all of your feedback, even the negative.

104 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo