Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LaxerFL

Real Name LaxerFL   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2011, 20:27
Total Comments 66 (Suspect)
User ID 56876

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter Sep 13, 2013, 07:09 LaxerFL

Just played for about 30 minutes and I'm hooked!
It's F2P people, give it a try!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 19:56 LaxerFL

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 10:54:
Even though these types of things are frustrating (esp. when it's compounded being more than one pc of HW) and console players point to as an issue like this as a big negative to gaming on a pc. I believe there is a real hidden benefit, it pays to know how to fix things like this.

I routinely point parent/kids to get their kids on PC's for gaming. I tell them, if your kid is going to play it should be on a PC, they are getting good experience using that pc, they will learn many things outside of direct gaming, where on a console, they learn nothing. These skills will help in their professional life later on.

I agree completely!! When I bought my first real PC, I knew almost nothing about computers. I had one good friend who was a computer nerd (I use "nerd" as a compliment) and when I would call him for tech support he never fixed anything for me. Instead, he showed me how to trouble shoot the problem and use the internet to find a solution. This is the whole "give a man a fish/teach a man to fish" thing.

Just using a computer daily for the past 14 years I have learned so much about hardware, software, and networking that I easily passed the A+/Net+ certification tests and got a good job working at the "Help Desk" of a local company as a "Support Technician". The company paid for me to receive further education in the field and I really owe my whole adult life situation to buying that first PC in 1999.

If I had just bought a PlayStation or whatever back then, I don't know where I would be! I will gladly suffer the occasional glitch, crash, BSoD, etc for the wealth of knowledge I gain!

News Comments > FIFA 14 Demo
6. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 19:45 LaxerFL

I love sports games and I am an avid PC gamer but I always go to a console for my sports fix.

I think of PC gaming as single player or online multiplayer and consoles as single location multiplayer. I think that way mainly because of how I've always setup my PCs. On a desk with one chair, one keyboard, one mouse, one controller and my PC monitors have always been smaller then my main TVs. It just isn't feasible to game on my PC with more then one person.

The console, on the other hand, is always in my living room with a big couch and plenty of seating and controllers and a giant TV to play on. A console has always been a social gaming setup for me.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
25. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 00:35 LaxerFL

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 20:43:
Win8 64 and a 3 gig graphics card??? I understand it's "recommended" but still...

Damn...

Are you saying "damn" because you think the requirements are high? Any gaming rig built in the last 8 months should exceed those reqs. Aside from Windows 8 which is just a shit OS and they will have to pry Win7 from my cold dead hands, my 1 year old rig beats all those recommended specs.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 00:28 LaxerFL

The fact they would camp out that long for a fucking IPhone is just pathetic... They aren't even good phones! I'll take my Nexus 4 over any IPhone, any day!  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 11:38 LaxerFL

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:46:
The idiot expresses regret that he had to stop making money off rape jokes, and that makes people "entitled brats"?

Woosh!

It wasn't a rape joke. It was an MMO joke. People are entirely too sensitive now-a-days and it is aggravating.

If people don't like something why can't they just not use the product/visit the webpage/listen to the song/watch the video/read the book/etc. etc. etc.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Sep 5, 2013, 23:43 LaxerFL

PropheT wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 23:27:
beigemore wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 23:10:
I've happily moved on to board games.

Yeah but the stories there aren't any better, unless Battleship's story just wasn't done any justice with the movie.

They made a Battleship movie? Huh! I must of missed that one. Did it go straight to DVD? ;-)

News Comments > Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week
15. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 16:58 LaxerFL

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:25:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy Saint's Row 4 or not, so I rented it for my XBox 360 to check it out. I liked the gameplay, but ultimately gave up on it because the Field of View is so incredibly close, despite an entire life of gaming without any trouble I was actually getting very bad motion sickness from the game.

With a PC you can easily change the FoV, but they gave no such option on the console. This makes me really nervous about getting GTA5 for the console, if the FoV is really close and they neglect to add an option to change it, I have no interest in playing. Might have to sit the console release out and hope for a PC release eventually.

Why in God's name would you play a video game on anything other then a glorious PC? For me, the only thing consoles are good for are sports games and streaming movies from my PC to my TV!

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
76. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 18:25 LaxerFL

So the new class is a Paladin? And they added 10 more meaningless levels? Oh yeah, I'll get in line for this right now... /sarcasm off

I don't know how Blizzard managed to ruin this franchise as badly as they did but it is OVER Blizzard. Stop pumping resources into this failure and move on to ruining something else. That seems to be all you are good at anymore.

If they bring back Skill Trees and remove the AH, I'm game. That is the only way I'd ever consider playing this game again.

News Comments > Forge Goes Free-to-Play
6. Re: Forge Goes Free-to-Play Aug 21, 2013, 03:28 LaxerFL

coldcut wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 14:26:
LaxerFL wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 23:26:
You still need to buy the game, there is just no monthly fee anymore
Not according to the Steam Store, you can just click "play" and hop in.

I guess they are advertising the Starter Pack on the main Forge website:
Forge- Available Now
That says $20 and No Monthly Subscription.

Confusing!

News Comments > Forge Goes Free-to-Play
2. Re: Forge Goes Free-to-Play Aug 19, 2013, 23:26 LaxerFL

You still need to buy the game, there is just no monthly fee anymore  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 00:12 LaxerFL

The Chubby Checker? Really? From HP? I could see the app on the Google Store or something but from a huge company like HP? That seems highly unprofessional and inappropriate...
What the hell were they thinking?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 00:06 LaxerFL

71% of all statistics are 42% made up.

60% of the time it works, every time!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 17, 2013, 00:03 LaxerFL

Microsoft complaining about someone not playing fair is the most blatant example of the pot calling the kettle black that I have ever seen!
It is not Google's fault that Windows Phone is simply a terrible platform and that Microsoft can't provide a YouTube experience on par with Android or iOS...

News Comments > Battle.net Desktop App Beta
4. Re: Battle.net Desktop App Beta Aug 14, 2013, 23:41 LaxerFL

One program to launch 3 games I don't want to play? Hell yeah, sign me up!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 14, 2013, 23:33 LaxerFL

Why do I get the feeling that 4chan had something to do with harassing a sleeping DEAF baby?
I think that fits b/'s M.O. perfectly...

News Comments > Former Maxis Devs Form New Studio
6. Re: Former Maxis Devs Form New Studio Jul 17, 2013, 01:35 LaxerFL

Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 22:45:
"I'm just really tired of making simulations. We're going to form a new studio so we can do something new. We're doing a simulation."

He says they hope to make PC games

And after the fucking travesty that was Simcity, not one shit was given.

Creston

I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the irony in this...

They are making Minecraft+Spore?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins Jul 16, 2013, 18:34 LaxerFL

I agree Sempai. Dungeons and grouping just turns into a clusterf**k with no one having any set role. I miss the trinity of Healer, Tank, DPS as it gives structure to a game.
I do enjoy how every class has enough offensive power to solo level though. I remember trying to level a Midgard Dwarf Healer in Dark Age of Camelot. Without a group it was so mind numbingly boring trying to level that guy that I gave up. I know they added an offensive on-hit proc buff that upped the Healer's damage output but it was still SOOO SLOW!
Overall I enjoy Guild Wars 2 but the lack of structure really ruins dungeons and they were my favorite part of MMOs in the past.

News Comments > Dota 2 This Summer
20. Re: Dota 2 This Summer Jun 17, 2013, 17:36 LaxerFL

THANK YOU... for reminding me of Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance!! I haven't played this is like 4 years but it was an instant classic. My friends and I logged many hours battling it out in this game. Time to reinstall and relive the good old days!  

News Comments > Battle for Graxia Ending
8. Re: Battle for Graxia Ending Jun 10, 2013, 15:23 LaxerFL

But this was a GOOD game! It is a shame when quality titles don't catch on because people don't know they exist or have preformed opinions of a company or game.
I really enjoyed RoI and BfG. The champs were original and well thought out, the game was paced perfectly, and the graphics were nothing to laugh at.
I wish Petroglyph success in the future and look forward to them trying again!

66 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo