Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Filling Cap

Real Name Filling Cap   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Filling Cap
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2011, 18:39
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 56853

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 20, 2011, 23:17 Filling Cap

Just curious: is Worth Playing written by non-native English speakers? Most of their reviews and stories read like they've been, at best, machine translated.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted
28. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 18:31 Filling Cap

Flatline wrote on May 20, 2011, 17:09:
Yeah, there was a lot of terrain recycling in ME1 (and ME2, but ME1 was a worse offender). Some of it makes sense though. If I'm on a tiny cookie cutter outpost out in the middle of nowhere I don't expect a uniquely designed station: I expect something modular. Prefab modular construction makes sense in the Mass Effect universe, but doesn't in a fantasy setting.

It was an okay excuse, until you see that every race, government, and criminal syndicate seems to buy their (three?) prefabs from the same company.

News Comments > Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted
20. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 14:42 Filling Cap

Verno wrote on May 20, 2011, 12:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 20, 2011, 12:13:
Wow...from what I have read - they need A LOT OF HELP to make it NOT LIKE DA2.

What's sad is that they refuse to admit there is anything wrong with Dragon Age II. Every post mortem feature I've seen they basically shift the blame onto the fans or their schedule. They literally cannot see how flawed the game is and EA bought enough metacritic scores to justify their delusion.

A publicly-available post mortem isn't necessarily equivalent to the internal ones. The metascores (low 80s) are also nowhere near other Bioware titles (almost all in the 90s). I'm sure Bioware realizes they've goofed, but EA isn't always big on admitting these things. Also, whether the big execs allow anything to change (e.g. relax the release schedule, encourage and provide the budget hiring qualified designers/producers) is another matter altogether.

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo