Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerusahat

Real Name Jerusahat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 18, 2011, 16:46
Total Comments 17 (Suspect)
User ID 56826

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
68. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 12:46 Jerusahat

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 2, 2012, 05:05:
Jerusahat wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:34:
Every player can have the same unique item. "Unique" means that it can only drop once per playthrough for you, and if you already possess it, it won't drop again.

What? Where exactly did you read/hear this? Uniques from Diablo 2, are now "Legendaries" in Diablo 3, and there is no limit to how many times they can drop in a playthrough, although the odds are of course slim. Even in D2, the same 'unique' could drop several times in one game. It was an erroneous term at best, that's why it's changed now. Also, accursed WoW influence.

I'll refer you to my previous post, where I linked to a Bashiok post where he stated that D2 uniques only dropped once per-game, and that they're called Legendaries now. If you have a source for the change to drop chance, post it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 01:38 Jerusahat

RollinThundr wrote on May 2, 2012, 00:21:
Actually preeeeety sure I found duplicate uniques in the same game more than once as well. Though it's been a few years.

You might be thinking of rares? They were yellow (vs the darker gold Uniques).

This is Bashiok talking about the naming switch in D3 (Uniques to Legendaries), where he states what I said previously.

33. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:52 Jerusahat

RollinThundr wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:52:
PHJF wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:42:
"Unique" means that it can only drop once per playthrough for you, and if you already possess it, it won't drop again.

Where the hell did you hear that?
That'd be a pretty gigantic fucking change (for the negative).

Yeah I don't believe that's accurate, I often found the same exact set items in the same game in D2 for example, I doubt they changed that.

Set items aren't Uniques. What I described is exactly the same as D2.

17. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:34 Jerusahat

Nighthawk wrote on May 1, 2012, 21:35:
How separate are the items between playing single player and multiplayer? For example, if there is a unique item on the auction house, and there is only one of those items in the whole Diablo 3 world, can I still possibly find it in my game if I only play single player?

If single player and multiplayer are one in the same in terms of items to be found, then that is where I have a small issue with paying for items. It would be like plucking something out of the game I paid for that I will never be able to get because someone else in the world already found it.

-Nighthawk

Every player can have the same unique item. "Unique" means that it can only drop once per playthrough for you, and if you already possess it, it won't drop again.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
145. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 22, 2012, 01:23 Jerusahat

Slippy wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 00:11:
*** Had to edit to add this (after reading a few other posts). Several of you are posting about the disconnects from the server(s) and are unhappy about it... ARE YOU SERIOUS? IT'S A STRESS TEST. They are giving us a chance to try their game FOR FREE BEFORE IT'S RELEASED. We should be greatful to have the chance and you should EXPECT connection issues in a stress test otherwise they're not doing their job... Am I the only one that sees it this way???????

If we can excoriate Ubisoft for it, I don't see why Blizzard should be spared. The fact that we're getting to play the Starter Edition demo before release shouldn't let them off the hook.

IMO they've sadled a fun single player game with a horrible client/server setup. It only exists to protect an additional revenue stream - it doesn't add any value to the game for me.

It's a huge disappointment that the scariest part of the game is server disconnection.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Patched
3. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patched Apr 20, 2012, 09:53 Jerusahat

nin wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 09:30:
invert horizontal mouse option
Ok, I gotta ask. And this is coming from someone who always reverses mouselook (aka vert)...

Maybe their mental frame of reference is 3rd person, so pulling the interface left moves the focus right? Like controlling a studio camera.

I used to know someone who used a mouse rotated 180, even in Windows.

News Comments > Mechromancer DLC is Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonus
14. Re: Mechromancer DLC is Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonus Apr 11, 2012, 05:34 Jerusahat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 05:05:
Jerusahat wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 01:12:
Steam isn't currently a participating retailer, so buying from them will only screw you over.
It's a Steamworks title, so it will use Steam wherever you buy it from.

We're talking about pre-order bonuses, not Steam library integration.

Rattlehead said that the moment it's on Steam they'll pre-order. I just pointed out that Steam isn't currently part of the Premiere Club pre-order scheme.

ChrisF (the Gearbox community guy in the linked thread) said he doesn't have details on Steam pre-orders atm.

12. Re: Mechromancer DLC is Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonus Apr 11, 2012, 03:59 Jerusahat

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 02:46:
Not offering pre-order bonuses on Steam will mean they won't be offered on PC at all.

That's not right. The easiest example is GameStop.

Not only do they have PC pre-order bonuses, but they have GameStop exclusive content. Which shows it's possible for a Steamworks game to have content unavailable via the Steam Store.

Another example is Space Marine - this was entirely unavailable for purchase in the UK from Steam until well after launch.

10. Re: Mechromancer DLC is Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonus Apr 11, 2012, 01:12 Jerusahat

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:50:
Good news since I will preorder the moment it's on Steam. If you don't like it well then don't preorder.

Steam isn't currently a participating retailer, so buying from them will only screw you over.

Also, there's the Creature Slaughter Dome which you can only get from US Gamestop.

Missing out on actual content because I pre-ordered from the wrong place (or waited for a review) sucks. They're adding pitfalls to the process of buying the game, which is stupid. Patient people will just wait for GOTY, and unscrupulous people will wait for the pirated version.

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
34. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 11:51 Jerusahat

Kajetan wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 11:39:
Because it isn't about you or TEH PIRATES. Publisher love control.

I was going to say "I'm not even sure this is about piracy anymore", but you beat me to it. A single server auth will be cracked in no time.

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
4. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 27, 2012, 20:53 Jerusahat

Beelzebud wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 20:45:
What is going on over there? Starting to smell like a train wreck.

Cutting stuff to make a release date doesn't seem too unusual. The cynic in me expects them to be added back as micro-transactions though.

News Comments > Team 6 versus Eurogamer
22. Re: Team 6 versus Eurogamer Jan 6, 2012, 13:12 Jerusahat

If you release an unfinished game for sale before christmas (eg Dec 13th), somebody will buy it from Steam, play it and submit a review for publishing before you have time to properly finish it.

Plus, he's a reviewer, not a reporter. His output is subjective opinion, and it doesn't have to be fair. I don't think EG have been fair to a couple of games I've enjoyed in the past, but I don't go crying about it.

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
4. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 24, 2011, 12:19 Jerusahat

Zyrxil wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 12:03:
This "improvement" also causes most scripted events to not occur, so you shouldn't actually use it.

There was a typo in the DLL code. Specifically, the Test_Bit_30 function was returning bad results because the getter used was incorrect. The latest version has resolved this, so quests should not be breaking down anymore.

(That quote's from the linked thread btw)

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Dec 19, 2011, 00:16 Jerusahat

Jerykk wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 00:03:
I really don't see the point in these articles.

"We need page views. Write something inflammatory."

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
26. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 10, 2011, 21:49 Jerusahat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 19:34:
You do realise that the FOV is just a number used by the game and that Metro's '45' isn't the same as another game's '45', right?

It uses a vertical FOV instead of horizontal. In those screenshots, for that resolution, 60 is equivalent to 85. On my monitor 60 = 91, because my resolution is different.

This is why FOV settings for PC games is important. The resolutions and monitor distances are more variable than they are on console. It's not just PC gamers being fussy.

News Comments > Bethesda Calls DOOM 4 Rumor "Bollocks"
15. Re: Bethesda Calls DOOM 4 Rumor Oct 21, 2011, 13:20 Jerusahat

In case it's not super obvious, he didn't just randomly say "bollocks". It was in response to Tom Bramwell at Eurogamer.
@tombramwell wrote:
Hoping that Doom 4 "indefinitely postponed" rumour is bollocks.
@DCDeacon wrote:
@j0hn385 @tombramwell Complete bollocks.

News Comments > From Dust DRM to Change
33. Re: From Dust DRM to Change Aug 23, 2011, 06:06 Jerusahat

Rockn-Roll wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 01:13:
If they travel while playing or their computer crashes during a game then they will lose all their progress.

From the makers of "Books" (the electricity-free Kindle device), comes this startling new invention - "USB memory sticks"!

You too can enjoy the benefits of cloud saving without needing a constant internet connection! A wonder of science!

17 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo