Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for <Electric-Spock>

Real Name <Electric-Spock>   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 16, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 36 (Suspect)
User ID 56801

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
33. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 23:37 <Electric-Spock>

Wow...

I find it sad that a general manager of a game company has a hard time articulating or putting a finger on what made a game his company created... fun? Has he ever played the game or does he even game at all?

Others have stated similar stuff but here goes ...

1) The netcode wasn't as horrid as it is with BF3 and BF4. Were they still doing sever side hit detection then?
2) Better map/level design. Maps for Rush mode were obviously designed around that mode and not just thrown in as an afterthought.
3) More on map design: There are just way too many vehicles on the fish bowl sized maps for BF3 and 4. I'm not sure if the level designers thought they had some good going, or if they had their hands tied trying to get the game to run on ancient console hardware.
4) The guns felt more devastating. It seems like the gunfire for BF3 and 4 were scaled around Metro and Locker sized maps. In BC2, you could have an assault rifle and still engage at long range. I'm not sure how they calculate the range/bullet drop for BF3 and 4, but it doesn't feel right.

Given all this, while I have my reservations on BF Hardline, they have already proven on the last 2 games that they cannot get the large scale stuff right. At this point I welcome a smaller and more infantry focused game using the engine. Perhaps when they quit developing on 360 and PS3, we can actually have a true BF2
successor with maps proper in scale in relation to all the vehicles thrown in.

After typing this without much thought and it not being my day job, it sounds as if the DICE GM should step down and hand the reigns over to a few of us forum posters.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 "Netcode" Patch
18. Re: Battlefield 4 Jun 4, 2014, 00:42 <Electric-Spock>

publicENEMY wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 00:12:
All you stupid kids should know that network problems (lag etc) can only be solve by fixing the network. no netcode in this world can fix the problem caused by problematic network.

all those fancy netcode only reduce the problem. but sometimes can introduce other problem. it doesnt work all the time. thats why there are multiple setting. so that you can choose which one will work most of the time.

be gratefull for this fancy netcode. if you have problems with your game, fix your network. whining for bad netcode doesnt get you anywhere. in fact, there are no good or bad netcode. only good or bad network.

i have no affiliation with bf4. doesnt even have bf4. not even planning to own bf4(no coop mode). but i despise people whining when developer try to improve their experience when those people should fix their damn network instead.

uummm... I don't think you've read much into this. BF4 has had a 10 tick rate since release and with this patch it's now 30. Actually now the send rate is always 30 and the client has the option of setting 30,25,15, and 10 for the return, or something like that. So regardless of how great your connection is to the server, it will benefit by having the 'netcode' optimized and taking advantage of your super network infrastructure.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 16:31 <Electric-Spock>

Have they mentioned anything about fixing the horrid net code? Since I have BF3 premium I will check out the beta. If it's still the same sloppy client side BS this will be a definite pass. I would rather hit up a dollar menu and eat 60 cheeseburgers than deal with that net code, as I feel digesting that calorie intake would be more of a pleasure.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Diary and Video
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Diary and Video Aug 10, 2013, 12:49 <Electric-Spock>

Boom! Boom!.. Flash! Flash! Things exploding on the screen at all times, fun at last!

Did you see, again, the small size of that map? Last thing needed is a commander lobbing missles along with jets, heli's, tanks in a fish bowl sized map. With all that weaponry, maps really need to be BF2 sized and larger. They really just destroyed the gameplay with BF3. Everyone just sprints around on crack, no voip, and the most horrid thing, shit netcode.

I'm not talkin smack just to do so either. I would really like to like BF3. Graphics and Physics are sweet but, the netcode makes infantry fighting inconsistent. I have a feeling BF4 will be just the same. Here's hoping that BF5 will be more focused on the new consoles and their resources so we can have a semi true succesor, and not another pretty spam fest.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
79. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:25 <Electric-Spock>

Probably no way of knowing, but I would be interested to know how many people pre-order BF4 compared to BF3? There are 15 or so people on my friends list for BF3 and everyone quit playing consistently around the time the close quarters expansion(#3) came out. I highly doubt any of us will pre-order, when all but a couple of us did before.

Fixing the netcode and putting some actual BF sized MP maps back into play will be the only thing to bring me back. Lots of other issues as well but I've ranted about them before so, I'll spare you readers.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
40. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 22:04 <Electric-Spock>

BF3 is a such a failure regarding a true successor it's not even funny -

- Netcode = Shit. If you don't acknowledge it, or at least notice it, theres no hope for you.

- Nerfed Gameplay. Horrible fish bowl sized maps. Health Regen, even on vehicles like 3 seconds after being hit. Lame. Removed
VOIP, no commander, and you can spawn on any squad mate and not just lead. So much for tatics, RUSH!. All vehicles have infinate ammo, and you can't run up in any enemy's base as it's out of bounds and you die, which is tied in with class nerfing removing special forces etc... You don't have to monitor clip/magazine consumption, just reload over and over. Unlimited sprint. No cross squad communication and the game feels more like Team Death Match with no one working together. There's more but you get the point.

- No Mod tools or ability to host your own dedicated server. They took away the pride of running your own server and the community making maps and whole other mod's. Project Reality, AIX, etc...

- Premium and Micortransactions. WTF. You had people that pre-ordered the limited edition of the game and just because they didnt pay for the rest of the DLC up front and buy premium they are punished by not being able to connect to premium servers. Customer Service? Also, selling unlocks? Whore out much EA?

- Announcement of BF4 before BF3 was completed? Signs of what's to come I guess. EA/Dice know that COD's engine is getting dated and they are ready to step in, take over, and cash in on the yearly event.

I understand you must make changes for the game to be entertaining on a console but jeez. I really wish they would have made the Medal of Honor series the COD clone and left Battlefield for the PC. It looks like ARMA 3 is the only PC focused FPS option now.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Shown
30. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 15:45 <Electric-Spock>

BF2 is def still the gold standard. It's sad to see the game dumbed down and the shitties netcode ever implemented. Unless they specifically state they have revamped the netcode, they can keep BF4 and any other versions they want to pump out.

Eye candy only goes so far....

News Comments > Battlefield 3 End Game Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game Trailer Feb 1, 2013, 14:36 <Electric-Spock>

Best looking FPS, with unfortunately the worst netcode ever. I don't see how people enjoy this game unless they are drunk and sprinting around aimlessly.

Hell, the browser based Battlefield Play for Free has better netcode. So sad, because this game could be fun.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 21, 2012, 13:56 <Electric-Spock>

I wonder how many indirect hours of slave labor it took to float the bill for that yacht?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 20:51 <Electric-Spock>

BF3, what a let down...

It looks great, but that's about it. I got about 15 friends on my list, almost all of which pre-ordered, and none play anymore. Here's the main beef I got -

1. Netcode = Horrific. It feels like I'm shooting marshmellows at people. Whatever client side hit detetion thing they got going on, blows.

2. Map size/scale = Thank you consoles. The layout of most maps are not impressive, especially the vanilla ones. When your flying, it feels like your in a fish bowl. I'm not sure why they had to put every control point 5 feet from each other either. There's a lot of wasted space on some of the larger maps.

3. Dumbed down gameplay. Removing features that were in older BF games. Regenerating health, infinate ammo in vehicles. You can get hit in a chopper, start flying away from combat and it like 5 seconds you start magically healing. Lame.

I could go on, but don't feel the need. I wish they would have made the Medal of Honor series more COD'ish and kept the BF series more PC centric. That way people who like single player and small fast paced multiplay could have their cake, and people who like large scale more tactical game play could have their BF game back.

The netcode is my deal breaker though. I'm pretty much done with BF3, and unless I hear them talk of revamping the netcode with BF4, I'm not even going to consider a purchase.

News Comments > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PC Edition Coming
6. Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PC Edition Coming Jun 2, 2012, 00:24 <Electric-Spock>

Frijoles wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 23:59:
I wonder if this one will have a system to bind keys. My guess is no and that it'll be a shitty port like the last one.

This... I started laughing when I read the lines 'listening to fans' and 'proud to announce'. I'm sure there are others out there, but this was the first PC game I've ever bought that did not allow you to re-map keys. I searched the in-game menues high and low thinking I was blind, then did a quick google search only to find people griping about not being able to so. After my initial shock, it quickly turned into rage that I spent full retail price money for what I would call the laziest developer decision that I could think of. I was so upset, I didn't play the game that night and it took me awhile to even muster the strength to fire it up again. Not all of us use WSAD.

News Comments > BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up
47. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 21:21 <Electric-Spock>

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 07:07:
BULLSHIT.

GO look at the stats.
Avg headshot should be less than 25%.

One could easily run algorithms that make sense and find the cheaters.

Regardless you should never ban by scanning metrics alone because the reporting itself isn't always accurate. They still haven't even managed to get attachment reports on kills totally accurate, they're wrong more often than not. Half of my canister shot kills in the MBT are called headshots because one pellet hits the head.

I realize it's obnoxious that some guy is 2000-2 without a ban but that's a failure on several fronts by EA, it won't be solved by just banning those people either. They need to actually address the underlying problem or those people will get another cheap foreign key and do it all over again. Banning them might make you feel better but that doof will just be back in an hour with a different name, ranking up like lightning. As people predicted Punkbuster is a total failure yet again, the only cheats I ever see it ban on my server are the ones on public hack sites.

Well, as others have stated, the cheaters have been with us for most of all games, and I doubt they will invent an anti-cheat detection service that's full proof anytime soon. However, if we have a stat system tracking scores, why not take advantage of the data and start with the banning extreme abusers? Maybe it will get to the point where they are buying a key per day but, who gives a damn, at least do something to annoy the shit out of them like they are doing to other people. Maybe after a few hundred dollars they will find a new hobby, or their allowance money from Mommy will run out.

I can't think of one reason not to ban extreme abusers unless EA's servers are vulnerable and that someone could hack in and manipulate legit users to get them banned. But if there is no sign of this happening, let's get that ban on.

News Comments > BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up
46. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 21:18 <Electric-Spock>

Well, as others have stated, the cheaters have been with us for most of all games, and I doubt they will invent an anti-cheat detection service that's full proof anytime soon. However, if we have a stat system tracking scores, why not take advantage of the data and start with the banning extreme abusers? Maybe it will get to the point where they are buying a key per day but, who gives a damn, at least do something to annoy the shit out of them like they are doing to other people. Maybe after a few hundred dollars they will find a new hobby, or their allowance money from Mommy will run out.

I can't think of one reason not to ban extreme abusers unless EA's servers are vulnerable and that someone could hack in and manipulate legit users to get them banned. But if there is no sign of this happening, let's get that ban on.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image
14. Re: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image Dec 22, 2011, 20:50 <Electric-Spock>

MW3 is like the McRib at McDonalds. Seasonal and Shitty.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 10, 2011, 22:02 <Electric-Spock>

An inferior platform and an inferior game in regards to PC's and First Person Shooters.

Enjoy...

News Comments > Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development
57. Re: Consoles Became Nov 1, 2011, 17:19 <Electric-Spock>

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 16:47:
Glad I skipped it.

Your loss. Well that is if you enjoy competitive multiplayer FPS's.

I agree with the few here that say we still donít have the large scale BF2 type maps. While operation firestorm is quite large, when youíre in an attack chopper it's like you fly over a lil' mountain and then boom, the whole map is right there. I donít like how when flying you can pretty much get shot from any control point. I miss maps like Fushe Pass in Bf2 where you would have mini battles over a control point and you didnít really have to worry so much about a tank machine gunning you from another control point as you were too far away to be hit. This was not always the case, but now you can be hovering over point A, and a guy with a shoulder mounted rocket at point D can still lock on and shoot ya down.

While it's hard to complain about map sizes compared to other FPS's, I hope the back to Karkand expansion and future map releases will bring back a little of that BF2 flavor. Maps like operation metro and serine crossing do not feel like battlefield maps. I guess those are for the console crowds, but I prefer having more than just 2 ways to go. Bottlenecks should not be in a BF map, leave that for the COD players who enjoy battling inside a matchbox.

Overall the game is a blast and best thing currently out there for my taste. Now, if they would just move that oversized POS chat window out the way I think everyone would enjoy that. Is there a console command to disable it? Seriously; It's is so annoying I'd rather not have in game chat then have that.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 15:59 <Electric-Spock>

I don't know which would be more embarrassing, getting fired for stealing this, or maybe the latest teen pop album? HHHMMMM, something tells me he should have chose more wisely.....  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
72. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 18:01 <Electric-Spock>

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 17:41:
<Electric-Spock> wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 17:35:
in regards to a mulitplay based FPS, MODERN WARFARE 3 will probably be the best thing around for who knows how long.

Fixed it for you

Don't get me started on that one

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
70. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 17:35 <Electric-Spock>

I'm really enjoying the game so far. My generic looking PS3 controller made by Logitech seems to work just fine.

My biggest gripe is the size of the chat window and its placement. It's horrid, and should be in the upper left with a way smaller font size just like any other game. I also dont like how when you rank up it starts playing the distored low base sound and then flashes your next rank super huge on the screen which pretty much screws you up in combat as you cant see what you were shooting at.

I'm sure more gripes will come as always, but in regards to a mulitplay based FPS, this will probably be the best thing around for who knows how long.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
10. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 12, 2011, 16:19 <Electric-Spock>

For anyone who hasn't pre-ordered Battlefield 3 and is thinking about it, it appears that Amazon has the limited edtion pre-order of it for $41.99. This is cheaper than any other place I've seen it.

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo