Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for dumpy

Real Name dumpy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dumpy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 6, 2011, 04:57
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 56513

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
29. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 17:31 dumpy

I'm playing through this at the moment on the PS3 and I am very impressed. The one-dimensional over-sexualised Lara of previous games has been given depth she deserved. The player bears witness to her development as they guide her through combat, puzzles and exploration. It sounds morbid, but I always have a laugh at the death scenes - some of them are very inventive.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released
17. Re: Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released Feb 6, 2014, 05:50 dumpy

Woo! Here comes Civ 6 - Alpha Centauri 2!  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
25. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 15, 2014, 16:29 dumpy

Does this require Ubisoft Uplay? The one thing that stopped me from playing Anno is that I forgot my password, and amongst the multitude of usernames and passwords I have for various reasons, I couldn't be bothered to create another arbitrary password that I will just forget in another 3 weeks.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 17:28 dumpy

While I can appreciate the strengths of Battlefield 3 (and other efforts from DICE such as Mirror's Edge), my experience regarding technical support, and observations on how they reacted to the general outcry gave me the impression they just didn't respect the customer. It appeared their stance was one of Complete-Silence. I found it disgusting, especially after developing such a great relationship with Bad Company 2.

It is as simple as this - I knew what to expect, and I was right. My observations weren't difficult to make. Sadly, the only way to hold developers and publishers accoutable is through the consumer, and my voice is drowned out by the multitude of morons going out to buy their games.

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Details?
12. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Details? Dec 12, 2013, 07:47 dumpy

"Ooooooh eeeeeee ooooooh I look just like Buddy Holly"

Weezer. Awesome band.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
58. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 16:50 dumpy

I trialled WoW briefly and I was not impressed - low level fetch quests are not interesting. I have never understood the game's popularity.

More recently, I have bought Guild Wars 2. I liked the pay-once scheme and the art, exploration, and community engagement during gameplay.

Though, both games had the same wierd problem that I have never experienced in any other game besides these two MMOs. That is the wierd hotkey combat and player movement. I never felt engaged because of it.

The animations in ESO look pretty awful as well.

News Comments > Survivor 2299: "Nuclear winter has come"
10. Re: Survivor 2299: Dec 3, 2013, 16:48 dumpy

As enjoyable as most Bethesda games are (I'm currently playing through both Skyrim and Fallout 3), they're usually fairly buggy. Best option might be to wait 6 to 12 months for patches and mod maturity.

But that's not going to happen.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Oct 10, 2013, 01:47 dumpy

Classy.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased
11. Re: CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased Oct 3, 2013, 18:32 dumpy

If this isn't Conan, then ich bin ein berliner.  

News Comments > Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week
19. Re: Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week Aug 16, 2013, 09:49 dumpy

"Games for Windows Live titles published by Microsoft are no longer available for purchase from any marketplace"

The most idiotic financial move of the decade? I recognise that GFWL sucks and I'm happy they're making moves to contain it, but the ramifications of this decision seem inconceivable.

News Comments > Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced
29. Re: Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced Jul 21, 2013, 01:10 dumpy

While they have done games that could be described as 'bad' in many different ways, they have also done some pretty good games. Rather than writing them off, I would urge people to be critically analytical =)

For the record, I most definitely do not like Randy Pitchford.

News Comments > Former Maxis Devs Form New Studio
10. Re: Former Maxis Devs Form New Studio Jul 17, 2013, 09:44 dumpy

Dust 2?

I would prefer a god game, similar to Black & White. I wish them the best of luck. On a related note, I'm looking forward to At The Gates =D

News Comments > State of Decay Also RC in Oz - SR4 Explanation
4. Re: State of Decay Also RC in Oz - SR4 Explanation Jun 26, 2013, 10:27 dumpy

I'm an Australian who hasn't been keeping up with ALL of the news concerning ratings and games but the comment "while the games will be legal to own in Australia, they cannot be publicly sold there" caught my attention.

It has never affected me. Nonetheless, I vented a sigh of relief when the rating was finally approved. I feel I'm finally beginning to understand the frustration some people have for the ESRB.

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
29. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 20:38 dumpy

There is a Gamespot interview/gameplay video as well that states THIS IS NOT A PREQUEL OR SEQUEL BUT AN ENTIRE REIMAGINING of the "franchise".

The video in the topic description doesn't really give a good impression, but I searched youtube for another and found a IGN video from E3 2013 showcasing gameplay, and it looked much better.

They do state that the game is still a work in progress, so the ugly UI and guard models (what the hell is wrong with their eyes?) will hopefully be fixed. The IGN video also clarifies what features can be turned off, which shows promise.

That the drop-knockout animations from a single button press is pretty lame, and it is MUCH too bright from Garret's perspective.

Apprehensively keeping an eye out.

News Comments > Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs
21. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs Jun 12, 2013, 18:17 dumpy

I expect they will release this as a DLC or as a patch to people who already own the game - much like how the enhanced Witcher games have been released. Would seem like pretty bad PR to do otherwise. Does anyone know of any official statements concerning this?  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion in 2014?
8. Re: Diablo III Expansion in 2014? Jun 11, 2013, 22:33 dumpy

I expect they will market it as new and improved, with a moderate to high retail price? I have already paid (in more than one way) for the original and was very disappointed. If I were to find it in the bargain bin I would give it a chance, but that's not going to happen is it? No thanks.  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
24. Re: Thief Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 22:13 dumpy

Changing the voice of an iconic character is a dangerous step to make for a developer, but I'm sure the changes made to the lore, gameplay, and style, and not to mention these awesome CGI trailers, will bring in enough new gamers to offset the loss of fans.

Sarcasm aside, it is a bit early to write this game off. But I do encourage fans to let their voices be heard.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
15. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 10:58 dumpy

I'm playing through at the moment, and it's great fun. I have noticed a couple of graphical glitches, but nothing game breaking. I tend to dislike tight FOV as it makes me uneasy, but the use in this case aids the development of a very immersive atmosphere. The development team have done an amazing job, on my 7 year old computer, it runs on near optimal settings flawlessly. I get the impression that some people feel they were entitled to adjustable FOV? A shame that something so trivial has so much sway.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailers
25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 18:47 dumpy

Zing!

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 18:34:
2004 called, they want their graphics back.

Now that Microsoft have started the ball rolling on the release of the next Xbox, we can expect Sony to follow (in the interests of hardware superiority). I would prefer this to release on PS3, as I intend to buy one once I find a good deal.

For those that don't know, GFWL died a while ago, they no longer update it.

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
19. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 09:58 dumpy

I always thought Garret was a cool character, and the new look is definitely Desmondised.

You can only be cool if you're not trying to be cool, but people think you're cool anyway. So stop trying Eidos! Didn't you learn this at school?

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo