Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for merloid

Real Name merloid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 2, 2011, 15:18
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 56479

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 18, 2014, 23:08 merloid

Aaand the moment I see ad in Firefox's chrome, we're done. Been a heck of a ride.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
48. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 18:42 merloid

Yeah, I don't buy it. They seem genuinely shocked that people were offended by their restrictions and I don't have any faith in people don't understand why they were wrong, only that they were.

Heck, before this, they fired someone who delivered the exact same message they spouted a month later. Is someone getting canned over this, too?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
9. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 28, 2013, 20:03 merloid

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 16:24:
Gun companies werent sued after certain shootings so i dont see how google would be sued from misuse either.

Technology companies get sued for a lot of things gun companies don't.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
61. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 14:52 merloid

Aren't these the same people who threatened to ban people for reproducing bugs during their beta test? Did they ever actually do that or was it just FUD?  

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
29. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 5, 2012, 22:25 merloid

Wow. This smells like it's because a pair of monks stunlocked Diablo to death and someone got a little sore about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmxXv1R7VNA

I'm a little astonished by how many knee-jerk development decisions Blizzard is making with this title post-launch.

News Comments > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Voice Cast
13. Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Voice Cast Jun 14, 2012, 18:57 merloid

Argh.. no Welker.. Oh well.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 19, 2012, 08:12 merloid

For some reason, I was thinking the first prank call to be in 1885 from a one 'Clint Eastwood.' To whom, I don't know. =/  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned
129. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 22, 2012, 15:19 merloid

However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s.
And yet the average user score is a whopping 4.8 out of 100. Most folks seem to be juuuuuuuust a little upset.

But Day 1 DLC for $10 and now possible New Ending, or whatever it is they have in mind DLC for another $10? Thanks, but no thanks.

News Comments > On Mass Effect 3 DRM
31. Re: On Mass Effect 3 DRM Feb 18, 2012, 06:39 merloid

I still can't specify what directory I want my Origin installed games to install in. Anything but the default causes it to complain loudly and not install anything. Editing config files or making symlinks don't work.

And in ten days, this issue is around six months old.

Yay.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Feb 5, 2012, 03:29 merloid

They are plugging away at it consistently though. An update hits Steam nearly every week.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2012, 10:46 merloid

Voldo's crotch!

That guy has been flaunting it since Soul Calibur..

News Comments > StarDrive Announced
5. Re: StarDrive Announced Dec 2, 2011, 03:23 merloid

The world needs more 4x space games! A genre in hibernation has suddenly been revived from its long slumber!  

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
97. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 23, 2011, 22:03 merloid

Prez wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 20:50:
This straw man argument is getting a bit old. At the very least it's an apples to oranges comparison...

... I played Diablo 2 on a computer not connected to the internet, and I played it over a LAN not connected to the internet. These were features that would still be features had they not been subsequently removed to accommodate Blizzard's new asinine DRM scheme, and for no other reason. Conversely, no one ever complained about Guild Wars' lack of LAN play because it was never designed for it.

Just a personal observation here - It seems like some of the Blizzard faithful are going out of their way to rationalize this nonsense to themselves so that they feel less like tools for buying into Blizzard's bullshit here...

Says the person who resorts to ad hominem. Well, to use your reasoning, Diablo III, clearly, was never designed for LAN play so then why are you complaining? I hadn't considered my argument to be a straw man in any respect and this is very much an apples to apples comparison. Guild Wars 2 is being designed as an online only game.. as is Diablo III.

Deal with it.

If they add an offline mode during their beta, then they add it. Make no mistake, I'll be happy. But the point is that this is no more a DRM scheme than anything Guild Wars 2 is giving you.. or any other game that requires you to play on a server. There's nothing to rationalize here.. it is merely a fact.

And none of this negates the lack of features Diablo III seems to be shipping without. Such _as_ a seemingly lackluster waypoint system and no method for pausing the game, both features than can and have been added to other online-only games. Perhaps reasons why it's not going to ship until 2012..?

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
63. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 20:35 merloid

I don't understand how the article's post has anything to do with the online versus offline debate. Diablo II had waypoints you had to trigger.. I imagine Diablo III has the same. If he's complaining that logging off cause his progress between waypoints to reset, well, duh. I recall re-clearing my way up the Arreat Summit countless times offline. In fact, I purposely re-farmed it for gear. Is that no longer the way of things?

If there's a lack of waypoints, then it has nothing to do with being online or offline; it has everything to do with a poor selection of waypoints.

I wonder.. are people going to hate on Guild Wars 2 because it has no single player mode? Has a persistent online connection for a title you don't have to pay a subscription for magically become some twisted form of DRM and a feature you want to leave off your packaging now?

The only legitimate complaint in that snip provided on Blues here is a lack of pausing. Star Trek Online has a 45 second pause for ground combat and that's an MMO. There's really no reason why Diablo III can't have Starcraft II's pausing capabilities.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Green Lantern Add-on Live
2. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern Add-on Live Sep 8, 2011, 16:50 merloid

Wasn't this supposed to cost $9.99?  

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
41. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 16:47 merloid

So the guy who put that ability into the game, an ability who's name was never going to be in the shipping product and was well on its way to being changed already, is going to get fired.

But the guy who uploaded the pre-release build it to Steam isn't?

News Comments > Bill Roper Joins Disney/Marvel
22. Re: Bill Roper Joins Disney/Marvel Jul 24, 2011, 01:36 merloid

I must be the only one who's enjoyed every game he's had a hand in.  

News Comments > DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans
3. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern DLC Plans Jul 11, 2011, 22:45 merloid

Too slow on the updates and too expensive. Thanks but no.  

News Comments > Hellgate's North American F2P Return
14. Re: Hellgate's North American F2P Return May 19, 2011, 14:09 merloid

Woot! Hellgate!! I can't wait! I enjoyed it up until it sank.. I hope I won't be microtransactioned every step of the way though.. <_<  

News Comments > Atari Dropping Cryptic
13. Re: Atari Dropping Cryptic May 18, 2011, 12:39 merloid

Just throwing this out there.. but wouldn't the creation of Neverwinter be a significant drain on fiscal resources? It's not earning any revenue being in development and, I imagine, has the largest share of developers behind it.  

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo