Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pcrequired

Real Name pcrequired   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname pcrequired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 16:54
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 56449

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > 2K Czech and Bohemia Interactive Vets Form Studio
5. Re: 2K Czech and Bohemia Interactive Vets Form Studio Jul 26, 2011, 05:48 pcrequired

"Prague-based Warhorse's first project is a yet to be announced RPG"

oh well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Forgotten Hope
2. Re: New Battlefield 2 Forgotten Hope Jul 20, 2011, 21:32 pcrequired

Yeah it is amazing how different it feels, in a good way! the AI automatically seems smarter in COOP. Great job guys! (as always)  

News Comments > Men of War: Condemned Heroes Announced
3. Re: Men of War: Condemned Heroes Announced Jul 9, 2011, 06:15 pcrequired

This is great news! can't wait, it's a really solid WW2 RTS series.  

News Comments > Upcoming PC Shooter Tease
30. Re: Upcoming PC Shooter Tease Jun 30, 2011, 20:18 pcrequired

The screenshot looks good, always welcome a futuristic game with open arms.

Darks wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 15:06:
Itís kind of funny how most PC only titles are coming out of the European theater while the USA seems to be going after the console market only. Not that I mind, I just wish more of the American developers would go this route too.
Eastern European developers are leading the PC market and have been IMO for the past decade. Look at Mafia, Hidden & Dangerous, almost the entire catalog from 1C Company. The US lost it's way a long time ago and have no idea how to get back. Maybe the next Duke Nukem game and Aliens from Gearbox will give hope!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 24, 2011, 10:24 pcrequired

Funny how GameSpot just copy and pasted their review of L.A. Noire for the PC which isn't even out.  

News Comments > Valve F2P Plans?
6. Re: Valve F2P Plans? Jun 19, 2011, 09:13 pcrequired

I'll never support this milking of gamers business model.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought
28. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 23:58 pcrequired

Tiberium Sun Wars with Michael Biehn, death from above.

or How about Dark Reign 3?

News Comments > Medal of Honor 8 Disc Soundtrack
1. Re: Medal of Honor 8 Disc Soundtrack May 3, 2011, 07:22 pcrequired

... gamers are just cash cows aren't they...  

9. Re: Game Reviews May 1, 2011, 09:18 pcrequired

JaguarUSF wrote on May 1, 2011, 07:34:
I don't weigh graphics highly in my overall scores, despite dedicating a section to them in my reviews.

I preferred action a lot more; some of the things you had to do (like using the darts) in the stealth mode were annoying and hard to get working correctly. Switching between characters was kind of dumb, too, and required because the friendly AI wasn't the best at staying alive or engaging the enemy.

I had played Breach not too long before SH and you can take cover behind anything, so that make the various limitations of SH stick out a bit more.
Yeah same the graphics of a game mean nothing next to gameplay. Just look at Minecraft. It's just icing on the cake IMO.

I prefer the action sequences in SH as well myself. But I love stealth games as well. The mix here I thought was done almost perfectly. It made me like crossbows, never liked them before. It would have been nice to have a silenced pistol though.

I can't buy into the argument some people make about the friendly AI being dumb, I've posted a video on YouTube showing how Aron handles himself when he's left to defend himself. However, your other character is almost never left in a position of danger. The levels are designed to keep them well away from each other in most missions.

I would have bought Breach but no singleplayer

7. Re: Game Reviews May 1, 2011, 06:46 pcrequired

JaguarUSF wrote on Apr 30, 2011, 15:45:
OK, I just didn't give the game a good score, so I assumed I wasn't being accusatory or anything; I just thought I might have missed something (goodness knows I'm not perfect).
My main problem with the cover system is that there were objects that I felt should be used for cover that couldn't be (some concrete barricades, wooden pallets, etc), which kind of destroyed my faith in the system.
I thought the game had a great level of detail; it was just too dark.
Yeah I should have been more specific, sorry again.

I didn't even think about the cover being missing from the bottom of windows, it would have been better if it was there. The biggest issue is the windows though. It can be tricky seeing out of them. But if you compare to other games like Rainbow Six Vegas or Mafia 2 that have good cover systems they don't have many windows you can fire out of. Still need to go back and see what Vegas did, haven't played that in a while (maps get boring after the 50th time).

That said, have you played another game where the cover system is key after Shadow Harvest. If you haven't give it a go, you may be missing the snap-to/snap-off cover system

Great level of detail? The palace is good but I felt they could have added much more detail especially to Dubai.

3/8 is around 4/10? Seems a bit low considering what you've said about the graphics. Did you really not enjoy the overall experience that much? Do you prefer stealth or action? Did you enjoy the mixture?

5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 30, 2011, 15:03 pcrequired

Sorry I wasn't referring to your review. Mainly the GameSpot and GamesRadar reviews. Your review is definitely detailed. Although I don't agree with what you wrote about the cover system. It did take some time to get use to but overall I think it's done really well and adds to the play "fun" factor of the game. You're the only person that has said the graphics were good - which came as a surprise. They aren't bad that's for sure.  

2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 30, 2011, 12:58 pcrequired

There have been heaps of Reviews posted on Blues News, here's some others:

EverydayGamers: 3/5
Gamestar: 65/100
Examiner.com: 3/5
Mega Gaming: 7/10
Game Radio: 61/100

It's had a mixed rating. You'll notice the poor scored reviews go into no detail of the games features or gameplay, rather just bag it out. The higher scores go into detail of the gameplay features. The highest praised is by far the stealth/action dynamic.

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo