Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 393 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
12. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 11:07 Dagnamit

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:46:
I guess its for people who don't have a gaming PC but want to pay for a premium service? I don't know, it seems weird.

It's too get in on the ground floor. game streaming is certainly the future (for the casual fan, at least) when bandwidth and networking technology can handle it. It will never be a great solution for excessively twitch games, but for RPG's? RTS? Adventure? perfectly acceptable. Get a product there and try to get the market share for when it's feasible.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
13. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 20:47 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:02:
They didn't announce it today so it's over. It would seem Valve is out of games development entirely now.

...except for the whole continuing very active support on 3 of the most popular PC multi-player games on the planet.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 1, 2015, 23:24 Dagnamit

Jerykk wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:56:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:40:
Anyone know if there any PvE only servers in H1Z1, i.e. no pvp kills? Just wondering dayz made the same mistake.

PvP is kind of the whole point of games like DayZ and H1Z1. It's the human interaction that creates the unique/bizarre situations that make these games memorable. Take that away and you're left with a really boring game because the zombies don't really pose a threat and are background noise more than anything else.

word. these games are best played on the busiest server possible.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
23. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 19:50 Dagnamit

chickenboo wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 19:39:
i must be the only one who doesn't really want HL3, it was a great game for its time, but where I played through HL at least five times, I played through HL2 twice and haven't gone back since. I guess I'm just not feeling the hype.

That fact that it was forever ago is the reason why I'm excited. If they've been planning to release HL3 this whole time, they must have gone back to the drawing board half a dozen times. "What kind of game will it be?" is the biggest question, and it's why I'm pumped.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
19. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 18:37 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 17:30:
Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 16:59:
Another TV strapped to your face and using a clumsy controller is not VR. When people start jacking in a la Snowcrash/Neuromancer, etc. then it'll be VR.

Whatevs, this pales compared to the announcement of Half-Life 3 this coming Tuesday at GDC.

The third day, or the third month at three PM Valve will be announcing it finally. So it is written! So shall it be!

HTC has three letters, so HALF LIFE 3!

C is the third letter of the alphabet in the third position in "HTC", so HALF LIFE 3!!

Steam VR. 5 letters - 2 letters = 3, so HALF LIFE 3!!!

There are three signs above pointing to Half Life 3, so HALF LIFE 3!!!

You missed the best one,

Half-Life Three Confirmed

News Comments > DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer
3. Re: DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer Feb 28, 2015, 10:49 Dagnamit

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 20:00:
Other than the six or more months of beta testing and the first six months of WoW just after release... no other game has given me so many hours of enjoyment. Between the PS3 and the PC version I must have between five and six hundred hours of play. And I almost hate myself for it but I'm even thinking about buying the PS4 version just because I love the game so much.

I just hope that Bloodbourne is as good as the previous three Souls games. If so I am thinking about reducing my purchases for the remainder of this year. I've bought so many games on Steam which mostly go unplayed after I sample them and quickly get bored with them. After you've played a game with this type of atmosphere and tension it is hard to find other games that can compete with it.

I'm just waiting to hear something concrete about the PS4 and PC releases. I would hope they would offer a cheap PS4 upgrade if you insert your PS3 disc and a free upgrade if you already own it and the DLC on the PC. So far I'm not hearing what I want to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cg3vnui8OyQ

To rip-off another internet poster, I will say that I bounced off the first Dark Souls so hard it left a me shaped hole in the wall behind my computer chair. I've tried to play it half a dozen times and found myself flinging the controller aside in a rage. The controls just feel broken to me.

I really want to like these games, because I LIKE bashing my head against difficulty and atmosphere is my serious jam. Is Dark Souls II any less... broken feeling or am I going to hate it as much as the first one?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 25, 2015, 22:52 Dagnamit

And the other 60% want the kids off their lawns.  

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
19. Re: DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing? Feb 25, 2015, 12:42 Dagnamit

Does anyone know if the XBone could support hardware upgrades? Seems to me like with the API you could sell an upgraded Xbone or an upgrade kit with out changing out the primary SoC that's already being sold. Shift the costs of upgraded games to devs, who need to code the support into the game, who can then turn around and charge $80.00 for the HD version.  

News Comments > Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay
2. Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay Feb 17, 2015, 12:58 Dagnamit

This game is a ludicrous value, worth 10x its $15.00 price tag already. I have 80 hours in this sucker and I havenít even touched half of the playable characters. Adding more to it is just awesome.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 15, 2015, 22:11 Dagnamit

RaZ0r! wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 20:36:
My guess: a Tegra and Android powered VR helmet.

Nvidia card exclusive DirectX 12 features. aka, the knockout blow.

News Comments > Gearbox on Homeworld: Cataclysm
13. Re: Gearbox on Homeworld: Cataclysm Feb 3, 2015, 23:31 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 19:17:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 19:10:
Cataclysm was superb, my favorite Homeworld episode in fact. I still have the original disk, but here's to hoping we get a rerelease.

I never played it (even while loving the original), but everyone speaks so highly of it. Hope this gets found and updated with an HD release.

And I'm waiting for Homeworld: Mists of Pandaria.

News Comments > Torchlight II for OS X Released
1. Re: Torchlight II for OS X Released Feb 2, 2015, 19:31 Dagnamit

Wow. Take this one off the vaporware list. Well, good on Runic for living up to a promise, but holy cow, this game came out 2 1/2 years ago.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 27, 2015, 21:33 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 20:52:
"Brenda Romero, who has been a key figure in video games throughout more than three decades of standout game design, teaching, and advocacy."

Really? And what games and tech would that be exactly?
Rolleyes

Fucking SJWs.

I don't know man,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Romero

working at Sir-Tech from 1981 to 1999 means she had a hand in almost every Wizardry game. Even with the penchant for these, admittedly niche, awards to give the old school people the hardware, those credentials sound pretty legit to me.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Announced
3. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Announced Jan 26, 2015, 20:16 Dagnamit

Icewind wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 19:08:
Didn't the first one come out just about a year ago?

By this time next year, they should be announcing the 6th game.

The first one was in August. That's 3 games, or rather, one game and two paid point releases in 6 months.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
14. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 18:05 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:52:
Dagnamit wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:25:
I really like DayZ. Despite what you hear it's quite playable and has been for some time, IF you know you're getting into. The game is janky and buggy as hell. The PvE component is half-baked at best. The graphics engine sucks (why didn't they just use ARMA 3?) and it's rampant with hacks. All of those things are true.

This is the thing that boggles my mind the most. These guys have made literally 10s of millions of dollars, and it seems the game has made little progress since it was released. With that amount of money, you can afford to go out and hire people to fix the problems. It's almost as if they're saying "Why bother? People keep buying it as is."

I agree it feels like nothing is happening, but that's because they nailed down the primary gameplay mechanics pretty friggin' early. The PvP has always been good, if you're into it. From that perspective, and IMNSHO DayZ is actually one of the more complete early access titles. It's not quite Kerbal level of gameplay polish early on, but the vision is clear and it's not going to change all that much. If you think that DayZ is getting a ton more features, you're bound to be disappointed by it.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
3. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 14:25 Dagnamit

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:10:
I've seen a couple let's play on Youtube that make this look kind of fun, but when I go to any forum everyone is yelling about it, so I just keep waiting..

I really like DayZ. Despite what you hear it's quite playable and has been for some time, IF you know you're getting into. The game is janky and buggy as hell. The PvE component is half-baked at best. The graphics engine sucks (why didn't they just use ARMA 3?) and it's rampant with hacks. All of those things are true.

That said, if you want a PvP experience that is really unlike anything else (which is why it sells so well, btw), you might like it. It's 4 hours of boredom/running/salvaging gear topped by 5 minutes (or less) of horrifying/fun tension. Just seeing another player from a few thousand yards is enough to get my blood pumping. Screw the survival bullshit, the game is really all about the PvP.

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
10. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 23:23 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 22:21:
Yeah this is weird, they have plenty of room (~50%) between a 760 and 970 for the 960 to fall into and it is basically a 760 performance wise, cooler/less power, even though the 760 was good already there.

It is cheaper than normal at $200, but only a 2 gig 128-bit memory bus, hmmm...

Maybe there is a 960ti in the future.

There is almost certainly a 960ti or (rumored) 965 coming. I thought that the 960 would be a 192-bit/3gb card for $200, which would have been a great card. I guess that will be the TI.

I think they cheaped out a little bit, but Nvidia will continue its game of strangling profits from AMD. Take a look at the die size (359mm^2 vs. 227mm^2) and memory bus (384 bit vs. 128 bit) of the 960 compared to a R9280/5 and nvidia's plan becomes clear. Design cheaper to manufacture parts that JUST barely hold their own with AMD's now, let's be honest here, fucking ancient architecture, and force them to cut prices and reducing their margins even further. It's been kinda horrifying to watch, honestly. AMD is in real trouble. Nvidia is toying with them at this point.

Honestly though, the 970 is such a great card for $330, that I just can't recommend that someone buy anything else. Anyone in the market for a card should just buy a 970.

News Comments > Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced
2. Re: Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced Jan 21, 2015, 21:15 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 20:43:
Just what I always wanted to do: play multiplayer games with xbox players. Brood

Fuck Halo 3. I'm upgrading to Windows 10 for Fable!!

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
8. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 19:55 Dagnamit

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:51:
You paid for early access to a beta product on the opening weekend and you're surprised that there are issues logging in and lag in the game.

Precious. Just precious.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love early access games, but I'm afraid the idiots will ruin it for the reasonable people.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
15. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 15, 2015, 23:40 Dagnamit

DangerDog wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 19:55:
Never played these, how could they be denied with the pixel art graphics it looks like a throwback to Grand Theft Auto #1

The first game is a masterwork of portraying gut-wrenching violence in an 8-bit style. More than once, I was like, "how the hell did they make that exploding head look like that?" and, "yup, that guy is totally gouging that other dude's eyes out."

393 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo