Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 168 (Novice)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
8. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 20:27 Dagnamit

Panickd wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:22:
siapnar wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:14:
Meh, I have no problem with Origin. It's stable, unobtrusive and works. At least from my experience

Not to mention if you have a problem an actual person will call or e-mail you before hell freezes over. One of the crap things about the whole Valve/Steam "flat management" bullshit.

I highly doubt their management structure carries over to the call center in India. They probably sell a lot more games than Origin.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 10:08 Dagnamit

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 09:45:
Well since the playstation 1 & 2 processors were completely different, that means they are relying on emulation code which never works very well. Notice that there is no mention of PS3 here because that console was a nightmare to program for. Doubt any emulator will ever work for that platform.

The PS4 wouldn't have the power to handle a PS3 emulator. It'll chew through the psone and ps2 easily enough. There's ps2 emulators for phones, I believe.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
39. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:46 Dagnamit

Saboth wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:39:
Well, that blows. I think the only other thing that would be as bad is if EA bought them and Rift only worked on Origin games. I can't think of too many times someone investing or buying a company was actually bad for the proposed company and product, but this is one of them, as gamer interest is going to fall.

I would prefer if it EA bought Oculus. They make games. The problem here is that we don't know where this is going next. It was an open VR platform. It's not really anything now.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2014, 21:52.

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
2. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 19:39 Dagnamit

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 19:36:
All these D3 blips makes me wonder if Blue is now a blizzard employee...

Hey, it's the guy that claims he doesn't post in D3 threads making the first post in a D3 thread. get bent.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 20, 2014, 09:30 Dagnamit

The OC results on the new 750ti Maxwell 28nm cards are amazing, 1423 MHz, on a mid range card. 20nm Maxwell on custom pcbs and power delivery systems. 1600 MHz on air could be possible. Yikes.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta
2. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta Mar 11, 2014, 19:38 Dagnamit

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:24:
This game will be awesome for mobile devices.

I only have a 10 minute bus ride everyday, but that's one game on the way to work! WOOT!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 17:02 Dagnamit

Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:48:
deqer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 13:37:
Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 12:52:
deqer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 11:16:
Patch already? Wow... Do your fucking homework, developers. If you don't have a QA department to do sufficient testing before releasing your game, then perhaps you shouldn't be in the business of making games.

I don't think you understand how dumb you sound. The mere fact that there is a patch on day one means their QA department found bugs and eliminated them between the time the game went gold and release, or fixed pre-existing bugs during that timeframe. If they didn't have a QA department, you'd still be playing a shitty mess riddled with bugs...but guess what, you don't.

2 words for you:
1) Cartridge games.
2) Devs taking advantage of the "Patch" system to rush out a product to the sheeple for quick money due to greed.

Maybe you didn't grow up on the same planet as everyone else, but I remember a ton of issues associated with cartridge games. One of the most famous to date:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

I think that one definitely qualifies as a "feature".

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 10:20 Dagnamit

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:43:
InBlack wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:20:
Private server lobbies? What the fuck?? Let me guess no dedicated server support either, no lan??

The matches themselves run on dedicated servers but they are not player run if that's what you're asking. There is no LAN support though I'm not surprised by that omission these days.

It is a good game, at times even a great one but they needed another year to flesh it out with more content IMO. I know people will crap all over this because Microsoft is trying to herald it as the Xbox One savior but it's a legit fun FPS game and certainly better than CoD these days.

I am personally not going to bother due to my backlog and Dark Souls II but people should definitely give it a whirl if they like twitch FPS games for $45 or less IMO.

This game is a $30 purchase for me, however, I fear that we'll never see that price point, especially if the best game modes are released with the season pass DLC.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 09:59 Dagnamit

Yakubs wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:28:
Let's look back on the game in a year or more before deigning the patch a success. D3 1.0 was "fun" for a short time too.

1.0 wasn't fun. That was the problem. Also, you'll never see games with the longevity of D2 ever again. Games are just not designed to last that long. Doesn't make much business sense either. Enjoy the now! Why worry about how you'll feel in a year? I'm having fun now. I probably won't be playing in a year anyway, because there's so many games to play these days.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
15. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:37 Dagnamit

I found stuff for my demon hunter now that completely changes how she plays. And it's optional, hard choices to make as well since you find a lot of cool stuff.

Exactly,

I found a neck for my newly rolled level 20 wizard that makes him an arcane dealing god. something like 21% passive arcane dmg buff with a 4 charge arcane shield that deals 317% weapon damage, in 5yd AOE. It scales with level and weapons so well I honestly don't think I'll ever replace it. I should probably bump the difficulty just because of it, tbh.

11. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:14 Dagnamit

Think back, think back to Diablo2:LOD please. Think of the builds you tried or attempted to make, think of the Javazon, the Burizon, the Hammerdin, the Zealot, the Warcrier Barbarian.....the myrad number of possible builds for every simple class.

A lot of those builds depended on specific loot items and combinations (Still missing in Diablo3)

A lot of those builds depended on specific skill tree progressions and synergies (Still missing in Diablo3)

ALL of those builds were playable on the hardest difficulty even without the best equipment (Unless you spent your points willy nilly, but Still missing in Diablo3)

Also, (mostly) completely random levels, mini bosses, monster placements. Nuff said.

Also replayability, why would you ever roll more than one character of each class in D3??

Still think it was ALL about the loot?

Everything you've just said were the things that I most disliked about D2. item combos still exist. cookie cutter builds are not fun. why would you want more than one character of each class? they've taken all the grind and put it towards the collection of phat lewts. all the best parts of D2 streamlined, imo.

4. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:42 Dagnamit

InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:27:
nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:12:
Watched a video on Adventure Mode last night (thanks pyide @ teh shack), and I have to say, it looks really fun.

Except when you realize that there they have fundamentally changed nothing, NOTHING with the expansion. The new loot system is exactly the same, except now loot will drop more in line with your character. The same three stat boring piece of shit +STR, +DEX, +VIT items continue to reign supreme. The skill system is unchanged. Your character opens up all of his skills at 60, and from then on its pretty much GRIND MODE. They have tried to make the game more replayable, but they have failed to realise its not about the LOOT (or at least not SOLELY about the loot) but more about the characters and their specific builds, something you cant have with boring stat based and dmg based loot, and especially something you cant have when every single player has exactly the same cookie cutter builds, forced on you by lazy game design...

Gotta go with nin on this one. This game has always been about the loot. I am loving the crap outta 2.0 because I know that the only way to tweak my character is to grind out those kills. My enjoyment of the loot treadmill was nothing before, because I knew in the back of my mind that the exact piece of equipment was sitting in the AH. I began to wonder why I was playing the game. So I didn't play.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 3, 2014, 09:39 Dagnamit

"Toeball Manager 2014 retains its foothold..."

that sounds like it could be a painful game, depending on the density of the ball. Yikes.

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
33. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 10:29 Dagnamit

I see this is just another, "but I don't want to pay for ANYTHING!" whiner thread. color me shocked.  

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 10:27 Dagnamit

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 10:10:
By the time the devs figure out how to squeeze enough power out of these machines to run 1080p content at 60fps the 4k TVs will be standard

and Valve will have a nice powerful small-form 4k capable machine ready to sell you for around $700. mid-range GPU's should be able to push 4k decently enough in 3 years or so.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 10:07 Dagnamit

NeOCidE wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:47:
It's a bad state of affairs when a "next gen" console can't run a fucking 10 year old source engine game at 1080p @ 60fps.

This discussion is about the Xbone mostly, but the PS4 doesn't have that much more power behind it. Not enough for the demands of a 5 or 6 year cycle. The new consoles are underpowered. It's going to be a big problem for them. I can't believe we're actually having the discussion on whether the new consoles are running at 1080p or not. That level of fidelity was all but assumed to be included.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
29. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 26, 2014, 09:25 Dagnamit

Jackplug wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 04:13:
Whats the point in playing the game if you can just pay to get what you want in it. Its not play to win anymore, its pay to win.

This is BS, WoW is certainly not pay-to-win. Getting to level 90 is not "winning" and gives no real advantage. The only thing that people are doing is buying their time back from the game. It's an odd concept, to be sure, but that's how all hardcore MMO players see it.

There's an entire black market for WoW items that people can buy that is not sanctioned by the company. If you include the black markets, every MMO is pay-to-win, but Blizzard does not run their game like that. You still have to play it, unlike MANY other similarly situated products.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
6. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:16 Dagnamit

The RPS review is strange. The reviewer calls it, "bloody good" and then proceeds to rip it to shreds, pretty much calling every element mediocre. more than the sum of its parts? Is that even possible in a game?  

News Comments > Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year
2. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 09:45 Dagnamit

I like this guy. It's always great to hear someone that's direct and honest with himself. I'm looking forward to his next project.

Take the money and run! The game will probably never be finished.

Honestly, they could raise the player cap to 100 and spend the rest of the time fixing bugs, and I'd be happy.

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
17. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 12:40 Dagnamit

If they really thought they could make a game with the Duke Nukem name on it, they are the stupidest people on the planet. Even if it's a marketing ploy with a name change, I doubt the game will ever see the light of day. That's a willful misuse of major IP, at BEST, and outright theft, at worst. Both 3drealms and interceptor cannot afford the consequences. Damages in the millions, easy. Eff 'em. Morons. If they think they can work out a deal with Gearbox, yeah right. This is likely personal now.  

168 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo