Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 336 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
18. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 13:09 Dagnamit

Fion wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:13:
What these fucktards are doing is deplorable but don't these idiots realize that by giving voice and by extension, fame to these people, they prolong the problem?

Stop putting this shit all over the net, on the news, giving a voice to this extreme minority and 'threats' will stop.

Why don't you go ahead and ask Blue to take this story and thread down, because "journalists" and not "assholes" are the problem.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 22, 2014, 23:07 Dagnamit

LittleMe wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 22:20:
The 9xx series SLI voltage bug is not fixed yet. Their driver team seems stretched beyond capacity if they didn't see this type of bug before release. All they had to do was put two 9xx cards into a PC and check voltages in SLI. How could that slip through?

link me, sir. I haven't heard of this bug and a cursory google search didn't find me anything. thanks!

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
5. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 10:10 Dagnamit

Darks wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 09:47:
Verno wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 09:15:
That's awesome, the first game still has a pretty large community and is a blast to play.

Verno, did you play this game with a keyboard or a game pad?

I tried to get into this game, but just cant get past the crappy slow controls. So, that has kind of killed this game for me.

That's how I feel about it. I've tried to play this game 3 or 4 times, but I just can't get over how unresponsive it all is. That said, not having stupid GFWL to deal with could make future attempts more palatable.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Announced
1. Re: Rebel Galaxy Announced Oct 14, 2014, 20:13 Dagnamit

These two are forgiven for hellgate. I'll buy anything they make.  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
3. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 11:20 Dagnamit

I'm redboxing this one for my 360 to see if it's worth a purchase. $60 seems steep for this game. Should have been $50, maybe $40.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
11. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 15:35 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:10:
Looks good.
We need to gif the part where they show the crowd clapping.
Extremely busy HUD.
Dude playing with a controller on a pc only game.

controller sounds reasonable. If i had to choose one control method for a space sim/3rd person/fps combo, I would pick a controller too.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 11, 2014, 12:27 Dagnamit

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 12:14:
Ok so I took the plunge and bought Elite Dangerous, and is there any way to tell if the servers are up?

If the servers are down, the "Start" button on the menu will be red. If it isn't, then you're connected.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
24. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 12:01 Dagnamit

We should direct the vitriol of both sides of this argument to where it belongs. The manufacturers of the underpowered consoles are to blame for this. Beth is just trying to sell a game and this is one way they are choosing to maximize sales. They know they are alienating certain markets and that's a business decision. You can't make everyone happy. Really though, do you think they want to be capped at 30fps? Hell no.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
35. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 12:59 Dagnamit

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:45:
Slashman wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:42:
Prez wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:33:
On the subject of Elite Dangerous, will I be able to play singleplayer, or at least host my own private server?

That's about all I want from ED. Not really interested in the multiplayer aspect so I hope the single player is not gimped in any way.
Yes you will be able to play ED in single player, not sure about hosting your own game though but I know you can limit your MP game to friends only.

4 game modes. Offline SP, Online Solo, Online Group/Friend Multi, Full Open Online MP (32 player instances, atm). The online solo is nice because the commodity market will be the same as the other online modes, so you can play the bigger player influenced market/trading/exploring game without being subjected to some griefer's idea of "fun". It's pretty killer.

edit: oh and you can switch between any of the online modes at will. Tired of fighting others in open play? switch to solo and grind out a trading route. the offline mode will have a separate save, so you can't move your offline save to the online environment, which is reasonable.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2014, 13:07.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 21:48 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 21:11:
Has DayZ improved at all? It's been almost a year since it became available, and I'm surprised people are still picking it up given the mess I hear it's in.

it's no better or worse than before. For my money it's the most intense pvp around. Dayz is a beautiful mess. one of these days, the devs are going to tinker to much and it'll die.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches Oct 3, 2014, 20:06 Dagnamit

I don't care what they call it, they took every problem from the previous phase and made it better. This game is turning out to be something really special. They just announced a Beta 3, and if they keep improving it the way they have, this thing could be an all-time great.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 09:50 Dagnamit

So, game companies complain about needing to create features for PC and then add features that less that 1% (6gb vram, really guys?) of pc gamers can utilize? OK then...

Otherwise, this one looks like a 25% off insta-purchase.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2014, 10:02.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
13. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:46 Dagnamit

Axis wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:42:
Having played the original countless times in my youth, I'm still on the fence on this one.

I know I'll eventually pick it up, but haven't been motivated to do so yet based on what I've seen.

I'm actually right here with ya. I loved the original and still play it annually. I don't have a lot of experience with the old Fallout games, so I'm not sure if I like that style.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
3. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 14:48 Dagnamit

McTurbo wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 14:39:
talk about a company that has almost completely lost its creative direction..

I don't know, they might be having creativity issues, but at least, they have standards. Blizzard has always been glacial and they have cancelled dozens of games that we've never heard of. It's tough to make good games, and they only make good ones, imho. So many companies would just throw it together and release it to recoup whatever. They have the benefit of a billion in revenue to throw a couple hundo-mil at cancelled projects. I'm glad they still have the power. Kinda shows you how much power the devs at Blizzard have and not the bean counters.

I would guess that WoW is going to get a MAJOR graphics overhaul to extend its life after Warlords goes stale. I welcome that. Art style be damned, WoW 10 years down the road is hard to look at.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 22, 2014, 08:11 Dagnamit

So what changed from the beta? I remember many here being quite underwhelmed.  

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
12. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 19:10 Dagnamit

double post  

11. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 19:08 Dagnamit

DrSquick wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 18:56:
Dagnamit wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 17:28:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 17:16:
Screw VR, when can I download Carmack's brain?

I didn't know that Oculus were so deep in the trenches helping out Samsung's Gear VR. I can appreciate the desire for an untethered VR experience but I'm not sure I would want to strap a cellphone to the front of my head for hours on end. I'll let others be the guinea pig for that great experiment.

The big question is will the consumer version of Oculus be the higher res unit?

I don't think there's really a question that the C1 will be 1440p.

Silly question, but can computers handle that? You would need to be able to do 1440p at 120FPS to have 3d 1440p at 60Hz per eye, right? I normally upgrade my PC every 4 years, and I just did earlier this year. I also normally shoot for a ~$250 graphics card, but this time I went quite a bit higher and did a Geforce 770Gtx. But my understanding it that doesn't have a chance at even doing 1440p at 60FPS, let alone to two screens.

I was definitely an Oculus "hater" and thought it would be a passing fad. But I got a chance to try out a Gen2 or whatever the latest one is called, and I was extremely impressed. The new Half Life 2 remake/mod really engrosses you!

a lot of video cards handle 1440p, you'll just need to turn the quality settings way down. a 770 should push enough juice for a pretty good experience in a game like Elite: Dangerous at medium settings.

Supersampling is going to become very important for the Rift. Many say that 2x SSAA or 4k/1440p to 1080p downsampling are the best thing you can do to improve image quality. Pretty much 780ti SLI rigs can crank out that kind of power. But that's at max settings.

Honestly though, I think you'll see something with the power of a 980 at $250-$300, once 20nm parts hit the scene in 8-9 months. There will be JUST enough power to handle a rift, but it's a damn expensive proposition no matter how you look at it.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2014, 19:14.

8. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 17:28 Dagnamit

DangerDog wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 17:16:
Screw VR, when can I download Carmack's brain?

I didn't know that Oculus were so deep in the trenches helping out Samsung's Gear VR. I can appreciate the desire for an untethered VR experience but I'm not sure I would want to strap a cellphone to the front of my head for hours on end. I'll let others be the guinea pig for that great experiment.

The big question is will the consumer version of Oculus be the higher res unit?

I don't think there's really a question that the C1 will be 1440p.

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
31. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 14:24 Dagnamit

ChandlerL wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:30:
Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:28:
It's worth noting that the 970 has a lot of headroom for OCing too, a few sites already had it surpassing the 980 in some benches.

O.O

some sites are getting 1500+ MHz(!!!) on their 980 samples. I would guess the extreme OC versions with custom PCB's will break 1600. holy....

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 12:53 Dagnamit

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:44:
I think $60 is a sane price. These guys are clipping along pretty well I think final release is near.
Beta 2 will have a lot of stuff, I've just finished reading the newsletter link here if anyone interested.
The finished game will kick so much ass.

This thing is starting to look so damn good. I love playing it now, but with fully custom ships coming up (yes!) I can't wait to strip a Cobra down to it's frame... mmmmmmm possibilities.

336 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo