Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 541 (Apprentice)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 20, 2015, 09:37 Dagnamit

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 16:13:
Man, I really don't get this. Rick Fox buys a LoL team, which has no players, and then changes the name. WTF am I missing here? Is there some other value to this team besides the players and name?

Expertise of the management? Good will? Probably did the math and found it cheaper to buy an established team than make his own.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Kojima Dec 18, 2015, 11:52 Dagnamit

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 10:14:
“When working in big companies, especially Japanese companies, every little thing has to be approved beforehand, and you need paperwork to do anything. Now that I’m independent, I can do what I want with much more speed. I don’t need to invest time in unnecessary presentations. I shoulder the risk.”
Something to watch!

Was that Kojima speaking or Christ Roberts? I can see the feature creep from all the way over here!

News Comments > DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed
10. Re: DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed Dec 16, 2015, 00:09 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 22:44:
Uh 2 years? Try 4 years. 4 years of EA = definite scam.

The release date was 12/16/13. 4 years? How, exactly?

The only problem this game had was that the developers didn't realize they had an entire game about 6 months after early access release and needed to improve on the things that the community had latched onto. The PvP was (and still is) such a wonderful experience, I wonder why they thought they needed to add anything else (a better engine, excepted.)

News Comments > Happy Birthday Commander Keen; PC SM3 Video
4. Re: Happy Birthday Commander Keen; PC SM3 Video Dec 14, 2015, 20:03 Dagnamit

My favorite part was the "Truly rudimentary Help screen". LOL  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 14, 2015, 19:42 Dagnamit

PHJF wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 18:52:
Can't think of a more inappropriate music choice.

it's a callback to the 2009 film, but I will admit that having it front and center is off-putting.

That said, there is hope. Simon Pegg was asked to do a rewrite of the script. I like his work and that means it will, at least, be funny.

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Free Trial
2. Re: Minecraft Realms Free Trial Dec 14, 2015, 10:33 Dagnamit

deqer wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 10:11:
Why didn't they just call it Minecraft Servers.

Because that's too technical a term for the target audience and it's a much better name to boot.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 13, 2015, 13:21 Dagnamit

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 13:09:
40 Hrs into FO4 and still very much enjoying it!

HELLDIVERS looks like it would be a fun COOP game, hope they release a demo (don't see one on the store page).

25 hours in the FO4 and running out of steam. It's usually at this point of a Beth game that I start plowing through the "story".

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
11. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 14:51 Dagnamit

WaltC wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 14:37:
Actually, Derek Smart says that his relatives in the Alpha Centauri system (planet AmBorger) report that the Supreme Council has voted to provide whatever funding will be needed to complete the game, since they are satisfied with its progress at last. Smart therefore withdraws all of his charges and objections as he believes the aliens to be an unimpeachable source of truth. (He communicates directly with them through the handy Venusian signal transmitters they installed there for Smart's benefit, via receivers that are attuned to his brain waves, exclusively, during such times as those brain waves exist.)

The Supreme Council is only outwardly proclaiming satisfaction with the progress shown to ensure they can retain their positions as part of their ongoing campaign of misinformation. The denizens of B and C would never approve of the progress if they knew the truth. The council is flushing their credits down the toilet. Politics remains a constant across systems, it would seem and Smart gets it wrong again.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
6. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 14:35 Dagnamit

Nom4d wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 14:01:
wtf_man wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 13:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 13:42:
Happy to see that they are still funded.
If only more games could get this type of backing.

Unfortunately they have blown most of that wad and are only at Alpha 2.0... do the math.

Source please.

They chose CryEngine years ago. No going back now.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
45. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 12, 2015, 08:12 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 06:45:
Maniac wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 06:11:
Bad troll is bad.

just fucking die

go to bed.

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
10. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 11:49 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 11:48:
Slick wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:34:
the game plays exactly as it looks, epicly.

My eight year old agrees with you. He loves it.

Wait. Slick, are you an eight year old?

amazeballs. the answer was right there the whole time.

7. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 11:12 Dagnamit

Slick wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:54:
Dagnamit wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:43:
nin wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:13:
Orpington2019 wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 09:42:
I was actually pretty indifferent about playing this game until I saw this video. Man, that looks awfully pretty.

In fact, the desert canyon scenes look better than any of the outdoor stuff in the prequel movies.

Don't be fooled - it looks and sounds fantastic, but the gameplay is utter crap.

so you're saying it's a $15 "eye candy is why I spend lots of money on my computer" type game. Got it.

lol, I love how a fun game that happens to be gorgeous is now garbage because it's obviously only eye-candy. Maybe you should take armchair appraisals from random anons on the internet with a big fat grain of salt. Because it's quite obvious that he hasn't played it.

So it's fun also? Thanks Random Anon!

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gun Nerfed
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gun Nerfed Dec 11, 2015, 10:47 Dagnamit

Relevant:

http://gfycat.com/BoilingSevereGreatdane

Yeah, it was pretty good. LOL

5. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 10:43 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:13:
Orpington2019 wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 09:42:
I was actually pretty indifferent about playing this game until I saw this video. Man, that looks awfully pretty.

In fact, the desert canyon scenes look better than any of the outdoor stuff in the prequel movies.

Don't be fooled - it looks and sounds fantastic, but the gameplay is utter crap.

so you're saying it's a $15 "eye candy is why I spend lots of money on my computer" type game. Got it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 10, 2015, 17:31 Dagnamit

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 11:33:
Alamar wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 11:18:
Been considering the Intel Core i7 5960X myself, as I'm at a point where I'd like to put together a full system... Also considering the Intel PCIe 1.2 TB SSD (2.4k read vs the usual ~540 for drives), but I'm not sure I want to throw that much money at a new system... On the fence ; )

Throw in a 980 Ti and I'm up to over $3k for the system, which is likely going to run 20% faster than my current heh... But it's fun to buy stuff, so we'll see ; )

No reason why you should go for the i7 over the i5 if all you do is gaming.

I bought a 3570k the day it released 3.5 years ago and still no reason to upgrade. I thought Skylake would be a no-brainer upgrade, but the benchmarks are just not there.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Dec 8, 2015, 10:11 Dagnamit

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 10:09:
No fucking way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
12. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 14:28 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 12:01:
if you expect VR to happen at anything below the high-end enthusiast level, you are kidding yourself

pretty much this, but if it's good enough, there will be takers.

It really wouldn't have been a problem if not for the lagging performance of GPU's being stuck on 28nm process for what, 4 years now? checks wikipedia...... yup 4 years. We're probably looking at 80-90% improvements on the high end parts by the end of 2016. So no, the tech is not quite there for VR, but it will be by next xmas!

They should add to the minimum requirement as I've done below. I have the money to buy anything I need, the real question is whether I have the practical ability to cut myself off from the world for hours at a time. My family responsibilities mean that most of the time I won't be able to do that.

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU or better / AMD FX 4350 Quad Core CPU or better
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 980 with 4GB or better
Network: Broadband Internet Connection
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Family: None, or be prepared to play only late at night on the weekends

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2015, 14:33.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 30, 2015, 15:56 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 13:53:
Dagnamit wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 13:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:26:
Yeah, this is going to be awesome
Toddler loses eyeball after errant drone slices it in half. arstechnica

"Hi-Tech drones are killing our children, and that's OK." The Verge.

"The same drones meant for ISIS are killing American children." CNN

really????? golly gee tell me what else to think!

"Local internet celebrity Harlock picked up an carried away by drone swarm, Trump says, 'some drones, i assume, are good people.'" Fox News??!?

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 30, 2015, 13:30 Dagnamit

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:26:
Yeah, this is going to be awesome
Toddler loses eyeball after errant drone slices it in half. arstechnica

"Hi-Tech drones are killing our children, and that's OK." The Verge.

"The same drones meant for ISIS are killing American children." CNN

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 30, 2015, 10:36 Dagnamit

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 10:29:
SlimRam wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 09:31:
  • Amazon Prime Air. "Jeremy Clarkson Introduces Amazon's New Delivery Drones."

• Ummm...aren't these drones going be shot down and or destroyed/stolen in some way? They can't be cheap.

Most areas regulate bubba shooting wildly into the air.
    And the thief that get's filmed by the drone he's stealing while it sends it's location +/- 5cm is going to be in for a rude awakening.

On top of the fact that thieves will have no way to use the thing they've stolen. They'll use some sort of encrypted communication system, right? A common thief (read, moron) won't know what to do with or sell the parts of the drone. Motors, camera, plastic and a logic board. The reason this can work is because these things are cheap and can be automated. And besides, when I need toilet paper, I need it right effing now.

I curious to see if this can work. They're talking about it like they have the major issues sorted. Bring it on, I say.

541 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo