Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 441 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
28. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 11:54 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2015, 10:34:
CD Projekt RED is giving back a little of that great cred they built up recently.

No one should be surprised that a game built for 3 platforms has serious compromises. Blame Sony and Microsoft for cheaping-out on hardware, which in retrospect feels like collusion between MS and the Big S to keep specs low.

Everyone assumed the new consoles would be far more powerful. Like someone said here on this website, not rendering at 1080p for all titles simply wasn't a conversation anyone thought was possible when discussing the new console generation.

That's a mistake on CDPR's part and one they're not likely to make again, but at least an understandable one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 23:32 Dagnamit

ViRGE wrote on May 16, 2015, 16:15:
Redmask wrote on May 16, 2015, 15:27:
It's just a game and has nothing to do with the rest of the operating system. Might as well freak out at the inclusion of Solitaire. We've been testing Windows 10 at work and its perfectly fine, much better than Windows 8 in terms of accommodating all user devices with minimal compromise. The small resource footprint and requirements are great too, its a big improvement over Windows 7. Don't listen to the people who can't even bothered to load it up and just parrot whatever they hear on Slashdot.
It's not just a game. It's Microsoft including software from a company who engages in blatantly unethical, predatory practices. People don't spend money on Candy Crush because they want to, they spend money because the game is engineered down to the last bit to manipulate them into doing so.

...and those people are called idiots. Or rather, fools... and that which may they soon part with...

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 16, 2015, 17:06 Dagnamit

oh man, that monitor. WANT!  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 13:59 Dagnamit

Axis wrote on May 16, 2015, 12:50:
Windows 10 preloaded with candy crush... Sounds EXACTLY like the direction MS has been going.

Like it or not, those games are the Minesweeper of the times. Played by the exact same type of person too. Production quality is just better.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
12. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 20:18 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on May 15, 2015, 20:09:
Dagnamit wrote on May 15, 2015, 20:07:
harlock wrote on May 15, 2015, 19:56:
im very skeptical this can provide a stable >60fps in >90% of games to be released in 2016-2017

very very skeptical

They're simply setting the benchmark for cost. A roughly $300 dollar card will be required to the play the thing at any one time, off into infinity. As Horror said, this is not a surprise to anybody.

The rift will always be best utilized with a top, top, top card, or an SLI setup, the latter of which should prove to be the ideal bang for buck scenario. What could really be good, if nvidia and amd support this well with drivers, will be the $200 range GPU's in SLI/Xfire. There's real potential there for "just enough to be perfect" without blowing $600-$700 on a flagship.

current equivalent? ok i can see that, maybe

still skeptical even on these specs, running the rift today

i guess the fine print is "at low to medium settings" Winkrazz

that's absolutely the fine print as was reading this story today.

I just hope we get more games that looked as good, and ran at 120+ fps like Alien: Isolation on max settings. There's a reason why people love that game on the Rift.

11. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 20:14 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on May 15, 2015, 19:42:
Yeah thanks, how about your damn products specs?

Got to think NVidia will have it's new line come out right around these devices release. I would think many will be looking at 1070's for VR.

21601200, or 1080x1200 per eyeball, or about 2.6 million pixels total. It's a little concerning from a PPI standpoint, but they may also be using a more compact screen with different optics, so screen door is lessened. That being said, with the galaxy s6 1440p amoled screen in the wild and used in millions of devices, I'm surprised it's so low. 1440p must have been too many pixels.

9. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 20:07 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on May 15, 2015, 19:56:
im very skeptical this can provide a stable >60fps in >90% of games to be released in 2016-2017

very very skeptical

They're simply setting the benchmark for cost. A roughly $300 dollar card will be required to the play the thing at any one time, off into infinity. As Horror said, this is not a surprise to anybody.

The rift will always be best utilized with a top, top, top card, or an SLI setup, the latter of which should prove to be the ideal bang for buck scenario. What could really be good, if nvidia and amd support this well with drivers, will be the $200 range GPU's in SLI/Xfire. There's real potential there for "just enough to be perfect" without blowing $600-$700 on a flagship.

1. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 19:21 Dagnamit

sounds about right.

let's see... (looks under the desk)

3570k at 4.3ghz
gtx 970
8gb ram
Windows XP

Dammit!

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale
2. Re: Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale May 8, 2015, 08:55 Dagnamit

1badmf wrote on May 8, 2015, 08:36:
does this game have a big following? how does multiplayer work? i'm assuming it's not the lone wolf hell that is bf/cod just cuz the maps are so big, so then how would a lone player have fun? i don' thave any friends that play this =(

Arma3 has a fairly large and committed fan base. There will always be people playing it. This game has a very, very long shelf life compared to most. It also has a pretty outstanding battle royale mode. Big map that shrinks as time goes on, forcing conflict. The mod community is probably the best and most robust of any shooter these days. On top of that, the ARMA III engine is far less janky than anything Bohemia has put out and the controls much better. What was once an almost impenetrable military sim, is pretty accessible these days. It's a good game. It's also got a good following on Twitch so go check it out!

/not a Bohemia Employee

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
13. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 10:21 Dagnamit

no interest in this. I'm still waiting for magic and wrestling to become real.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 5, 2015, 17:34 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2015, 17:31:
Interesting Elite story. Sounds like they'll be adding some new content soon that might shake things up a bit in that world.

I liked this ancient artefact that's sitting out on the outer edges of the sol system.

I'm getting close to getting back into it myself. They just need to fill the galaxy with something. Anything really.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 29, 2015, 23:37 Dagnamit

Reactor wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 22:34:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 20:24:
Nice... now let me know when this version hits $9.99.

Yup

came here to say this. well... $14.99.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 19, 2015, 11:50 Dagnamit

Fantaz wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 10:56:
it's going to be hard waiting it out for a deal on this game... needs to be less than $30 for a buy.

I felt the same way and finally said, "screw it", and just bought it yesterday. This thing isn't getting to $30 'till X-mas, at the very earliest (at least on Steam).

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 21:15 Dagnamit

I agree with all your points here jd, buuuut he's got a point about the fan service parts, especially when it comes to Abrams. The first Star Trek was pretty good, however, Into Darkness had just that type of pandering fan service, so there's a chance it made it's way into this.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 21:11 Dagnamit

DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:05:
It's the dialog that's going to ruin the movie, especially the forced humor.

*rimshot*

Oh shit! I didn't tip my waitress like you told me too!

News Comments > Endless Free Weekend
3. Re: Endless Free Weekend Apr 16, 2015, 21:07 Dagnamit

So what's the deal here? I get an endless weekend but have to play one of these games for free, and if I stop the weekend ends?  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 15, 2015, 11:31 Dagnamit

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 11:25:
LittleMe wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 09:19:
FYI the Titan X is newly released. kthx bye
?

Well released for all vendors to sell, at any rate. You could only buy direct from Nvidia before.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 15, 2015, 07:21 Dagnamit

Holy crap. They did an amazing job with this. Plays awesome on the iphone 6.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
19. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 15:33 Dagnamit

WaltC wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:03:
Speedrun: skipping 80% of everything the game offers. Why anyone would wish to do that is beyond me. Fastest speedrun possible: don't play the game at all...;) Or you could watch the intro and then roll the ending credits, I guess. How profound.

Speed running is a fun (for me) for 2 reasons. 1) you need to practice, a ton. 2) if you think of better way to do it, then you have to throw out everything you've been practicing and start over, and learn the new route.

Every game I've tried to speed run is one I know forwards and backwards. I played through wasteland 20 times before I began speed-running it for fun.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 12:46 Dagnamit

NKD wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 12:32:
deadearth wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 12:24:
NKD wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:58:

Author claims it was running at 60fps @ 4k, but his own screenshots of the settings show that the 4k display they are using is at a 30hz refresh rate with VSync enabled. That would not allow him to run 60fps.

The options menu looks good... lots of choices in there. We'll have to see what happens when people with more run-of-the-mill rigs get their hands on it.

You are assuming the screenshots of the settings is what he ran with. If you look at the screenshots closely you can see he is changing the settings as he is going through them (the 1st and 3rd screenshots show different memory settings than the 2nd).

So its possible that he was wrong, but its also possible he played around with the settings while going through them. We really don't know

Yes, it's possible VSync was turned off for a time. Just pointing out that there are some inconsistencies so people looking for performance information may want to wait for a more technically minded site to get their hands on the title.

Some games, Elite: Dangerous comes to mind in my experience, cap fps to 30 if Vsync is on and it drops below 60. If that's the issue, than he shouldn't even have Vsync on. Result? Inconclusive. FPS is sitting anywhere between 30 and 59. 45+ on this game should be perfectly playable.

441 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo