Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 540 (Apprentice)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Interactive Map
3. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Interactive Map Jan 21, 2016, 23:17 Dagnamit

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 21:06:
I really hope it doesn't suck.

You can't really hope for much here. 2 year delay, rumor upon rumor of dev turmoil. If there was ever a game to not pre-order... this is the one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 13:56 Dagnamit

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 13:38:
Dagnamit wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 11:09:
NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 09:56:
I need to pickup a joystick I think so I can actually play this...

I suggest this one. Cheap, capable and often goes on sale for $30-$40. (amazon link)

http://tinyurl.com/hjmcbkw

Thanks this looks like it's just what i need.

my pleasure. it's specifically supported by Elite and has a preset config in the options menu, though I suggest binding yaw to the rocker on the throttle.

Also, this, http://www.voiceattack.com/

because even with a HOTAS you'll still need to use the keyboard. voice commands allow you keep your hands on the controls the whole time, and besides, it never gets old screaming "battle shields!" whilst barreling into oncoming fire.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 11:09 Dagnamit

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 09:56:
I need to pickup a joystick I think so I can actually play this...

I suggest this one. Cheap, capable and often goes on sale for $30-$40. (amazon link)

http://tinyurl.com/hjmcbkw

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2016, 08:08 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 07:55:
Apple is trying to be the future version of GE... shitty thing is people actually want it to happen

it chills me to the bone to imagine such a world

this is not true.

also, bring on Samsung Motors, the HTCar and the Microsoft Me-Too Mobile. If we can get the same level of competition for electric, self-driving cars that we've seen in the smart phone industry, the future might look a little more like it did in the 1950's. Bring 'em on. Bring 'em all on.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
70. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 18:48 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 18:44:
Dagnamit wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:08:
All they had to do was indicate 2 weeks ago, $500+ and people would have gotten the point and had time to come to grips with the cost of entry.

Simple. Come back in two weeks now, you'll feel better.

the messed up part is that I will. However, it's just inspired me to hold off and see what Valve has to offer. Like I said, the price isn't the stumbling block. Now that I know how much this is to get into, I can wait for the competition.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
52. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 16:08 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 15:32:
Flatline wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 15:19:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 13:45:
Oh and TotalBiscuit nails this one:

Well, the Oculus is up for preorder and some people are surprised by the $600 pricetag. I'm not exactly sure where people got the impression that the first piece of true consumer-ready VR was actually going to be cheap tech.

The fucking devs TB. The devs.

First they said 2-400 dollars, then they said it was going to skew "a little over" the 400 dollar mark. 600 dollars is a 50% overshot from their high end estimation and not "a little over".

you actually believed that marketing/PR shit? whose fault is that?

btw - ive got some awesome beach front property in siberia, really cheap you should buy it from me because its worth a million dollars, and i will sell it to you for only 500 thousand. TRUST ME!!

if people are so blinded by consumerism they actually fucking believe in marketing speak as "truth", then they really really REALLY deserve to be let down as hard as fucking possible

Talk of price is not "marketing/PR shit." People, rightfully, rely on such information to make decisions. It's not about believing the hype, it's how incredibly stupid it is to tell people $200 to "more than $350.00 in that ballpark" and then only have them find out that it's $600.00 when they've got their card in hand ready to buy it. The problem is not the price itself. Things cost money. it's that they single-handedly took the wind out of their of own sails and created a backlash. All they had to do was indicate 2 weeks ago, $500+ and people would have gotten the point and had time to come to grips with the cost of entry.

I'll freely admit that I'm salty as fuck about this and take that for what you will. I was waiting for 2 years for today, and yeah, I believed a fair amount of hype (some justifed, some not) and I accept that but, but to get to the finish line and be presented with this is pretty much my "be sure to drink your ovaltine" moment.

SON OF A BITCH

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2016, 16:15.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
22. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 11:48 Dagnamit

Lorcin wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 11:43:
Yup UK price is 499 or $729 without shipping

I said months ago I didn't want to pay the extra for the xbone controller - this just reaffirms it.

They can ^&%& right off with that price.

Oh and my pc does pass minimum, I was beta for elite and use a hotas on it. I'm kinda target demograph!

Yeah, I don't need $600.00 Elite playing device either. I'm afraid they've just killed this thing. I was ready to go up to $500.00 with some sort of controller solution included, but this? yeah, they can fuck right off.

12. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 11:09 Dagnamit

PunkiBastardo wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 11:07:
$599.

A little pricy, so I'll just wait for people to start getting it and see their opinions...

I'm actually shocked. I thought $500 was as high as they'd go. $600.00? I can wait.

3. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 09:39 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 09:32:
Dagnamit wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 09:29:
so, uh... how much is it?

If you have to ask...

It's not really about the price as much as it's about that I can't even start the conversation with my wife about buying it without knowing how much it is. You know, "well, how much is it?"

And I'm all

1. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 09:29 Dagnamit

so, uh... how much is it?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2016, 14:15 Dagnamit

Oculus just announced that Kickstarter backers that bought a DK1 will get the new Rift for free. Congrats to the people here getting a free Rift, you lucky bastages.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 11:40 Dagnamit

SlimRam wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 11:33:
Whether it's 12 or 13 million, those sales numbers are pretty huge. Regardless of the garbage that EA and DICE have turned the Battlefront series into, this just confirms to their numbers people that what they released was A O.K. Which in turn means they'll probably keep churning this shit out for years to come. Good for them?

Give me a half-way competent single-player campaign with the same or better production value and I might buy one every year. That's especially true if the multiplayer is not a mess of unlocks and micro-transactions. I can dream, right?

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 29, 2015, 09:05 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 03:20:
That Fallout 4 article is actually pretty awesome.

And it shows why Fallout 4 (and by extension, Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc...) are great games. The flexibility, both intended and unintended really mean you can play the game how you want to. I have around 50 hours in FO4 and the only quests I've completed were essentially completed by accident by just mucking around in certain places.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2015, 13:05 Dagnamit

Yeah, the G-Men are in a weird spot. Eli probably has 4-5 good years in him yet and he hasn't shown signs of breaking down like his brother, so he'll be part of the transition.

Regarding today's game with the Vikes, I don't know if I've ever heard of a team with more reasons to come out and lay an egg. Freshly eliminated and without the only player that can make the offense do anything at all. It's a recipe for a serious blowout, but my Vikings usually find a way to lose games like these.

A good friend of mine is going to the game tonite. He's a Jersey guy and loves the Giants and was pumped to get a chance to see them. I feel bad for him because the game is going to be really really bad and he doesn't even get the solace of watching ODB Jr. do his thing. Especially so, if the Packers clinch the division and make the next 2 Vikings games moot as far as playoff seeding.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
11. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 25, 2015, 23:47 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 20:05:
harlock wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:24:
with each passing month it becomes increasingly likely this will forever remain an attempt at a proof-of-concept tech demo

Hard to argue against that assertion.

it's almost as if they're in the middle of making a video game.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 24, 2015, 14:41 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 14:26:
Assuming couch coop, it means you are playing with controllers. It is doable, I'm doing that with my wife. That said, it is a bit tedious managing inventory with it (sometimes between session I jump into the game K/M wise and do some clean up / prep work. But that is really the only con I have. The rest is great, moving and fighting all work well that way.

If you are talking two player but both on their own PC, it will cost you more, you won't be snuggled as much, but there is no major UI issue that way.

This is a great coop game for someone that doesn't like action games as they are too frantic for them (my wife) TB gives them all the time they need. Everything is also voiced, so the presentation is solid to.

There are so few tb coop games...

Yup. Couch Co-op. That's the exact info I needed. I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for taking the time to write that up.

It's funny I do the same inventory management thing when we play Diablo III on the ol' Xbox. I was like, "yeah she's gonna hate this part and I'll just annoy the crap outta her by telling her what's best all the time, so I'll just say that it's handled." Cheers, good sir!

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 24, 2015, 12:44 Dagnamit

Got a question about the local co-op for this game from some people that have played it. My wife has recently expressed interest in some co-op games. Naturally, I'm excited by the opportunity to play some games and score some together time points, 2 birds, one stone and all that. How would the co-op mode be for an absolute noob? Or am I hoping for too much here?  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
12. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 22, 2015, 10:17 Dagnamit

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 10:06:
Dagnamit wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 09:38:
Shineyguy wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 09:28:
Can't wait for Pascal. I have SLI'd GTX 780s (previously had SLI GTX 470).

I want to get rid of my SLI setup and get monster Pascal. Hopefully GP100/GP110 releases out of the gate, and not GP104/GP114 as the top sku. If that's the case I'm likely waiting until near the end of the year for full GP100/GP110.

They haven't released the full-fat chip first for years now, because the mid-range proved to be so good. They're not changing that structure, because they get to charge a premium to enthusiasts two times in a generation.

The main reason they did not release the fat chip first in recent years was that we had no process shrink for a long time. With 28nm it made a lot of economic sense for nVidia (and AMD) to rip off people by releasing the mid range at high end prices but that will not repeat again.

With the shift to 16nm FinFET+ and an at first immature production node with relatively low yields and high costs, they will not mass-produce mid range stuff from the start and thus effectively throw away a lot of expensive wafers.

Instead they will go back to what they have always done when a new process (shrink) was introduced which is release from the top down.
GP100 will likely go first and be very expensive (low yields, early adopter premium etc.) while they continue optimizing the process for the mid range that will follow a few months later.

GK 104 (GTX 680), was Nvidia's first 28nm chip and it started the trend of the mid-range chip getting a flagship designation. Titan was much later. We haven't seen the big chips ship first since Fermi. I would guess that 28nm had better yields out of the gate than 16nm will have.

Either way, I hope you're right, cuz I want the big one.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 22, 2015, 09:38 Dagnamit

Shineyguy wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 09:28:
Can't wait for Pascal. I have SLI'd GTX 780s (previously had SLI GTX 470).

I want to get rid of my SLI setup and get monster Pascal. Hopefully GP100/GP110 releases out of the gate, and not GP104/GP114 as the top sku. If that's the case I'm likely waiting until near the end of the year for full GP100/GP110.

They haven't released the full-fat chip first for years now, because the mid-range proved to be so good. They're not changing that structure, because they get to charge a premium to enthusiasts two times in a generation. Though I agree with you, no more SLI and no more 970ish cards for me. I'm buying the best one right off the bat.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 20, 2015, 09:37 Dagnamit

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 16:13:
Man, I really don't get this. Rick Fox buys a LoL team, which has no players, and then changes the name. WTF am I missing here? Is there some other value to this team besides the players and name?

Expertise of the management? Good will? Probably did the math and found it cheaper to buy an established team than make his own.

540 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo