Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 361 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 27, 2015, 21:33 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 20:52:
"Brenda Romero, who has been a key figure in video games throughout more than three decades of standout game design, teaching, and advocacy."

Really? And what games and tech would that be exactly?
Rolleyes

Fucking SJWs.

I don't know man,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Romero

working at Sir-Tech from 1981 to 1999 means she had a hand in almost every Wizardry game. Even with the penchant for these, admittedly niche, awards to give the old school people the hardware, those credentials sound pretty legit to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Announced
3. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Announced Jan 26, 2015, 20:16 Dagnamit

Icewind wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 19:08:
Didn't the first one come out just about a year ago?

By this time next year, they should be announcing the 6th game.

The first one was in August. That's 3 games, or rather, one game and two paid point releases in 6 months.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
14. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 18:05 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:52:
Dagnamit wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:25:
I really like DayZ. Despite what you hear it's quite playable and has been for some time, IF you know you're getting into. The game is janky and buggy as hell. The PvE component is half-baked at best. The graphics engine sucks (why didn't they just use ARMA 3?) and it's rampant with hacks. All of those things are true.

This is the thing that boggles my mind the most. These guys have made literally 10s of millions of dollars, and it seems the game has made little progress since it was released. With that amount of money, you can afford to go out and hire people to fix the problems. It's almost as if they're saying "Why bother? People keep buying it as is."

I agree it feels like nothing is happening, but that's because they nailed down the primary gameplay mechanics pretty friggin' early. The PvP has always been good, if you're into it. From that perspective, and IMNSHO DayZ is actually one of the more complete early access titles. It's not quite Kerbal level of gameplay polish early on, but the vision is clear and it's not going to change all that much. If you think that DayZ is getting a ton more features, you're bound to be disappointed by it.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
3. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 14:25 Dagnamit

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:10:
I've seen a couple let's play on Youtube that make this look kind of fun, but when I go to any forum everyone is yelling about it, so I just keep waiting..

I really like DayZ. Despite what you hear it's quite playable and has been for some time, IF you know you're getting into. The game is janky and buggy as hell. The PvE component is half-baked at best. The graphics engine sucks (why didn't they just use ARMA 3?) and it's rampant with hacks. All of those things are true.

That said, if you want a PvP experience that is really unlike anything else (which is why it sells so well, btw), you might like it. It's 4 hours of boredom/running/salvaging gear topped by 5 minutes (or less) of horrifying/fun tension. Just seeing another player from a few thousand yards is enough to get my blood pumping. Screw the survival bullshit, the game is really all about the PvP.

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
10. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 23:23 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 22:21:
Yeah this is weird, they have plenty of room (~50%) between a 760 and 970 for the 960 to fall into and it is basically a 760 performance wise, cooler/less power, even though the 760 was good already there.

It is cheaper than normal at $200, but only a 2 gig 128-bit memory bus, hmmm...

Maybe there is a 960ti in the future.

There is almost certainly a 960ti or (rumored) 965 coming. I thought that the 960 would be a 192-bit/3gb card for $200, which would have been a great card. I guess that will be the TI.

I think they cheaped out a little bit, but Nvidia will continue its game of strangling profits from AMD. Take a look at the die size (359mm^2 vs. 227mm^2) and memory bus (384 bit vs. 128 bit) of the 960 compared to a R9280/5 and nvidia's plan becomes clear. Design cheaper to manufacture parts that JUST barely hold their own with AMD's now, let's be honest here, fucking ancient architecture, and force them to cut prices and reducing their margins even further. It's been kinda horrifying to watch, honestly. AMD is in real trouble. Nvidia is toying with them at this point.

Honestly though, the 970 is such a great card for $330, that I just can't recommend that someone buy anything else. Anyone in the market for a card should just buy a 970.

News Comments > Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced
2. Re: Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced Jan 21, 2015, 21:15 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 20:43:
Just what I always wanted to do: play multiplayer games with xbox players. Brood

Fuck Halo 3. I'm upgrading to Windows 10 for Fable!!

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
8. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 19:55 Dagnamit

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:51:
You paid for early access to a beta product on the opening weekend and you're surprised that there are issues logging in and lag in the game.

Precious. Just precious.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love early access games, but I'm afraid the idiots will ruin it for the reasonable people.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
15. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 15, 2015, 23:40 Dagnamit

DangerDog wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 19:55:
Never played these, how could they be denied with the pixel art graphics it looks like a throwback to Grand Theft Auto #1

The first game is a masterwork of portraying gut-wrenching violence in an 8-bit style. More than once, I was like, "how the hell did they make that exploding head look like that?" and, "yup, that guy is totally gouging that other dude's eyes out."

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
1. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 15, 2015, 19:24 Dagnamit

well that ensures that I will be "enjoying" this game on release day.

/no really, I'll pay for it. I might buy it twice.

News Comments > Next International in August
2. Re: Next International in August Jan 8, 2015, 08:21 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 20:22:
Fuck all this west coast bullshit. Do some in the east, or at least centralize it so it's easier for everyone.

here here, i want to watch some of this stuff and still go to work the next day.

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
32. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 4, 2015, 08:47 Dagnamit

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 23:44:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 19:07:
Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 17:57:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 15:49:
Many people seem to vastly overestimate the number of units that Steam is moving.

Just because Steam has become a pretty big deal for most of us, doesn't mean it's a big deal for even close to the majority of gamers. It's this typical window syndrome where people believe their limited view is somehow representative of anything when in reality it isn't at all.

Yet Steam makes ~ 1.5 billion dollars in revenue each year, and is still growing double digits. I'm not sure what number that needs to turn into before people start being impressed?

I'll be impressed when numbers don't mean a thing and everyone has equal access to the same stuff without shitty DLC puke on every gamer's plate. And.... it won't probably ever happen again as long as we run our economy using obsolete currency/trade based economic system.

o_O

O...kay.

Guys, he's talking about trading hats. If only there was a marketplace for such a thing.....

Actually, he talking about region based locking and the different prices on games depending on where you live in the world and what currency you use. So what, a uniform currency?

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2015, 09:04.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
12. Re: Elite Dangerous Issues Jan 3, 2015, 07:51 Dagnamit

Slick wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 03:41:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 19:49:
Yeppers. Fire&forget release right before the Xmas holidays was one of the dumbest moves in the history of game releases. Congrats to Frontier for going full retard.

they were actually very open about this decision, that they knew they shouldn't but that they wanted their fans to be able to play the game over the holidays, just like they wanted to.

i'd rather play something that has a few bugs on my holidays than have it release right after my free time evaporates. and again, if you read their newsletters, they were very forthcoming about this.

Agreed, also keep in mind we're in the the times where gamers demand things such as devs never take any time off and games reviewers have to review things correctly, or else, women get sexually assaulted, or something. What was all about again?

What's with gamers holding people involved with games to ridiculous standards?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2014, 20:59 Dagnamit

Squirmer wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 17:10:
Although a quick look at my Steam list throws up Just Cause 2, Crusader Kings 2, and Mount and Blade: Warband as 2010s games that have been real highlights for me.

At least they didn't include Gone Home.

Just Cause 2 isn't on that list? I thought I saw it... oh shit, that's an oversight.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Vinyl Collector's Edition
2. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Vinyl Collector's Edition Dec 18, 2014, 20:21 Dagnamit

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 19:21:
Done.

Uh.... Yeah. Sold.

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced
8. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 18, 2014, 20:19 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 19:27:
They should make one based on Forrest Gump. Do you let Lootenent Dang get magick legs?

I tried that game, and got stuck on the shrimp part. I never picked the right one. Too many fucking choices.

News Comments > Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month
17. Re: Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month Dec 17, 2014, 08:19 Dagnamit

Overon wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 22:05:
It's finally happening, companies are making a living off of sequential kickstarters. A kickstarter only company.

How is this different than a company seeking normal investors? Sure, the investors don't get equity, but it does leave the creative control in the hands of the devs rather than the moneymen. That's what your money is buying, an uncompromised vision. That's worth paying for imo.

News Comments > Borderlands: Remastered Edition Rating Spied
6. Re: Borderlands: Remastered Edition Rating Spied Dec 12, 2014, 19:41 Dagnamit

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 15:17:
I wouldn't mind playing the original again with BL2-level features and graphics at all. I never did get around to playing all its DLC.

You should. Borderlands Armory of General Knoxx DLC was the pinnacle of series, imho.

Something about BL2 felt off to me. I played through it once and was done. It was such a slog, with no progression. I never felt like my character was getting more powerful as the game went on.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
17. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 11:50 Dagnamit

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:34:
I'm Hudson, sir. He's Hicks.

LOL! Nailed it.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 09:13 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:54:
there is also a new Novice mode if you are a Hicks, so you won't have to keep declaring your game over, man.

woot woot!

Bill Paxton's character was Hudson. Hicks was Michael Biehn. You can delete this post if you want!

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
8. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 8, 2014, 21:40 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:53:
Darks wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:40:
Taking a guess at this, but I get the feeling they are delaying because they saw DAI and saw some things that peeked their interest and feel that now they need to make some changes to make their game better.

thats "piqued", in case you want to appear literate

That's "that's" so that's that.

unless you're one of those reverse grammar nazi trolls.

361 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo