Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 283 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
19. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 23:43 Dagnamit

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 22:56:
Wow, I'm a little surprised so many people liked BL2, it put me to sleep. I couldn't even finish one character, and I had like 3 max level, loaded out guys in BL1.

Something about the gameplay was just lacking for me. Console-centric menus and inventory didn't help much either.

word up. I slogged thru BL2. I thought BL1 was far superior. There was no progression in BL2. my character only felt weaker as the game went on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
27. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 16:36 Dagnamit

Bundy wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 14:53:
I was considering making my wife mad and buying the DK2, cause it really does look neat. But then I'd just regret not waiting another year for the superior CR.

So that's the plan now, I'll make her mad in 2015.

Follow my plan for DK2 success without making the wife mad.

Buy a DK2 now and rent it out on craigslist half the time. people need to check and see if it's their thing (motion sickness, PC upgrades...), but don't want to pay $350 to check. $40 for 3 days, $60 for a week. recoup the whole cost in 2-3 months. only rent to people over 21, and require a refundable $350 deposit. Boom.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 11:26 Dagnamit

Cut down the tree and build a section of fence with the timbers. The best of both worlds.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 18, 2014, 10:18 Dagnamit

Reports (anecdotal from various forums, not confirmed) of Windows 7 64-bit getting BSoD from updates as well. Here the list of possible problem updates,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2982791

KB2982791
KB2970228
KB2975719
KB2975331

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 15, 2014, 10:37 Dagnamit

As a Gunpoint purchaser, I look forward to purchasing more of Tom Francis' games. Cheers to you, good sir.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
9. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:53 Dagnamit

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:24:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:13:
Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:54:
Please don't pull a Ubisoft and the final game looks only half as good as this...
I know you're cynical man, but has CDP ever done us wrong on their games? Faith, it's not needed in this case.

No, they're awesome, but I WANT it to look this good and play this good, so that's why I'm hoping this isn't just trailer fud.

It's fluff in the fact that I will never be able to run the game at the settings that they are being run in the trailer.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Modes Revealed
1. Re: Battlefield Hardline Modes Revealed Aug 13, 2014, 09:15 Dagnamit

Pre-Order now and receive the bonus mode, BARELY FUNCTIONING "Perhaps join your friends in an epic heist of a... of a... it's still loading the textures... of a Bank.. NO! It's a military base. Anyways, maybe kill your enemies with a, OH FUCK ALL I WAS BEHIND THE WALL!! ORDER NOW, PLAY ON November December January 2015, February 2015(?).

IT'S IN THE GAME! oh wait...

News Comments > Goat Simulator Sells "Almost 1 Million"
1. Re: Goat Simulator Sells Aug 12, 2014, 10:46 Dagnamit

Good for them. People like amusing sandbox games.  

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2014, 19:52 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:48:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:42:
nin wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:22:
PropheT wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:16:
Really sad to hear about Robin Williams, it's being reported everywhere now it seems.

Yep. I'm depressed as hell now...

Yea, well, don't go killing yourself. Cowards way out and I am more pissed than sad.

Sounds like he was suffering from severe depression. Not sure how much free will you have in cases like that. It's not like his life sucked or anything, or he was diagnosed with a terminal illness that I'd heard of.

he fell off the wagon really hard after 20 years sober. Probably thought there was no way in hell he'd get that monkey off his back. THIS SUCKS.

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
1. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 5, 2014, 18:57 Dagnamit

How many gigantic new games are delayed to Feb. 2015 now? It seems like all of them.  

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
13. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 11:40 Dagnamit

Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 11:11:
Hehehe. Maybe not quite that long, but I don't see the MMO part really being playable anywhere before 2016. (unless they release a dramatically stripped down version with just a few locales.)

I don't know. I think they're holding back a TON of specific development information, and I don't believe the AC is representative of really any part of what the finished product will be, except for the appearance of the ships. I agree though, mid-2016 on Star Citizen, late 2015 on Squadron 42 or whatevs, but it will be pretty fleshed out on release. If the game can get even half-way to Freelancer+MMO, then it will be pretty darn good.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
8. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 12:04 Dagnamit

Tumbler wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:53:
I'll bet there is tremendous pressure behind the scenes to sideline pc versions of popular upcoming games because it's a no brainer to make these games available on the pc.

It seems all the fidelity people were excited about in game demos are turning out only to be on pc so if games like destiny and Watchdogs come out looking amazing only on the pc it's going to push more people to pick up pcs. Gamers dropped $400 plus on these likely to lay certain games in particular so it's not crazy to think they might spend $500 on a pc to get the best experience. And the prices on steam sales have got to scare them shitless.

and people that the Steambox is going nowhere. The stage is set for it to be a legit contender.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
24. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Aug 1, 2014, 09:18 Dagnamit

A class action lawsuit settlement that's derailed because one member couldn't be found to approve doesn't sound like a class action lawsuit. They'll win that motion.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
3. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 09:49 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 09:43:
On-line single player option

hey hey!

Goddamn, that trailer looks epic.

nin, throw some cold water on me! I need that $75 for rent!!! GAAAAA... temptation.... getting the best of me. must resist...

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2014, 13:25 Dagnamit

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 12:20:
Yup, I see an 860 [Ti] in my future... Will be perfect timing with GTA V, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn if that's something they're going to be promoting the stuff around.

I hadn't thought about that angle. GTA is a such a big seller/system mover that NVidia and AMD would dumb to not release a card in support. Rockstar may as well call the PC version, Grand Theft Auto V: 4GB VRAM EDITION.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2014, 11:45 Dagnamit

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:29:
Well, both Nvidia and AMD seem to be VERY happy with where the prices are now and in spite of the obscenely high prices cards seem to be selling at a rate that they haven't seen any need to lower the prices yet.
Look, I'm hoping as much as you and everyone else in the consumer space that GPU prices will come back down into reasonable territory rather sooner than later but realistically it ain't gonna happen because there is absolutely no reason for either nVidia or AMD to drop their prices at this time.

I mostly agree on that and certainly want to pay less, however, I will say that NVidia can force AMD to lower margins by keeping prices lower on the whole. If Nvidia starts pricing GM204's at $700, they're giving AMD wiggle room to price higher themselves and make more cash. AMD needed to price the R9 series where it was or risk disaster.

I'm not trying to start a flame war btw, I just really love talking about this stuff.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2014, 11:20 Dagnamit

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 10:40:
Why should they all of a sudden drop prices and ruin their margins now? People have been buying high end gfx cards for $600 - 700 for years at this point. Rumor has it the 880 is going to be +30% faster than the 780Ti.
No way Josť. The most optimistic scenario is they'll phase out the 780Ti and offer the 880 at the same price in the ~$700 range. But knowing nVidia they will probably go $899 or $999 RRP with the 880.

Because the margins are still good on a $400 dollar midrange smaller die part? I guess that's the basis of my current line of speculation. However, the 880 will almost certainly have 4gb of GDDR5 (or people would burn NVidia to the ground), so maybe $400 is pushing it based on that alone. I'll revise to $450.

Nvidia's only been able to play the huge markup game with GK110's because they had an enormous performance lead on AMD when the Titan launched, and used it to more clearly define the tiers between the mid and high end chips. I don't think they're changing that structure. They've done so well marking up the GK110 that it makes sense for them to go for volume on the lower tiers. I don't think they can get away with pricing the midrange part beyond $500. People will just buy AMD.

As far as 30% improvements on the 780ti, that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. I just want my next card to be one that can push a 1440p screen at 75hz, aka, an Oculus Rift.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2014, 10:08 Dagnamit

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 09:05:
Nadool wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 09:01:
But but but...I took out a second mortgage so I could SLi me some Titans!!! Idiots

Don't fret. I bet the GTX 800 series will start with RRPs of only US$9,999 .

I actually expect these to be priced around the same as the 600 series when it came out. $300, $400, $500. There's decent chance, imo, that Nvidia prices theses super aggressively, like $250, $325, $400 to swing the value proposition to their corner. 28nm yields must be pretty stellar by now.

The problem that I see is that the 880 may not beat the 780ti, which would be really problematic for the green team, unless they can hit the $400 price with the 880. Unless they get 15%-20% improvement on the 880 over the 780ti, $500 is just too much and doesn't under cut AMD's 8 month old similarly performing card in price...

Screw it, I'm calling it now. $400 GTX 880. They just have to price it there or why bother releasing the thing at all?

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2014, 10:14.

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
22. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 16:31 Dagnamit

Prez wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 16:09:
Actually you ARE funding Dominoes when you buy a pizza. You are supplying them revenue they need to keep operating aren't you?

But you don't get to tell them what to do with the money. It's the difference between a consumer and an investor, and where Oculus got into trouble. Kickstarter gives you the appearance of an investor, but the rights of a consumer. Now Oculus could have been more up front about that difference, but they were one of the first KS darlings, so they couldn't really know how it would shake out. Man, there's going to be some interesting masters thesis' written about this subject. It's a neat little grey area.

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
21. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 16:24 Dagnamit

Deathbishop wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 12:41:
I think the problem here is a lot of people buy early access games without knowing exactly what that means. You're entitled to what you buy, namely alpha/beta access to a game that more than likely is highly unfinished. Somewhere along the way people have construed early access to mean the same thing as being kickstarted and that's not true at all.

I don't think this can be repeated enough times. Early Access is not crowdsourcing.

283 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo