Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 348 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Vinyl Collector's Edition
2. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Vinyl Collector's Edition Dec 18, 2014, 20:21 Dagnamit

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 19:21:
Done.

Uh.... Yeah. Sold.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced
8. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 18, 2014, 20:19 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 19:27:
They should make one based on Forrest Gump. Do you let Lootenent Dang get magick legs?

I tried that game, and got stuck on the shrimp part. I never picked the right one. Too many fucking choices.

News Comments > Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month
17. Re: Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month Dec 17, 2014, 08:19 Dagnamit

Overon wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 22:05:
It's finally happening, companies are making a living off of sequential kickstarters. A kickstarter only company.

How is this different than a company seeking normal investors? Sure, the investors don't get equity, but it does leave the creative control in the hands of the devs rather than the moneymen. That's what your money is buying, an uncompromised vision. That's worth paying for imo.

News Comments > Borderlands: Remastered Edition Rating Spied
6. Re: Borderlands: Remastered Edition Rating Spied Dec 12, 2014, 19:41 Dagnamit

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 15:17:
I wouldn't mind playing the original again with BL2-level features and graphics at all. I never did get around to playing all its DLC.

You should. Borderlands Armory of General Knoxx DLC was the pinnacle of series, imho.

Something about BL2 felt off to me. I played through it once and was done. It was such a slog, with no progression. I never felt like my character was getting more powerful as the game went on.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
17. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 11:50 Dagnamit

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:34:
I'm Hudson, sir. He's Hicks.

LOL! Nailed it.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 09:13 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:54:
there is also a new Novice mode if you are a Hicks, so you won't have to keep declaring your game over, man.

woot woot!

Bill Paxton's character was Hudson. Hicks was Michael Biehn. You can delete this post if you want!

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
8. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 8, 2014, 21:40 Dagnamit

harlock wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:53:
Darks wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:40:
Taking a guess at this, but I get the feeling they are delaying because they saw DAI and saw some things that peeked their interest and feel that now they need to make some changes to make their game better.

thats "piqued", in case you want to appear literate

That's "that's" so that's that.

unless you're one of those reverse grammar nazi trolls.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
28. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 23:22 Dagnamit

Redmask wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 21:06:
This should answer some of the questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i9w6AJxyD18

So there's progression and a goal and is multi-player. We've confirmed that it's a game. That answers none of my questions.

19. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 16:20 Dagnamit

mag wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 15:51:
Geeeeez you people are negative. I'm still stoked.

It's not that we're being negative, (wary? sure.) it's that there's just not a whole lot to talk about, other than, "looks cool, hope it pans out." We said "looks cool, hope it pans out" a year ago.

15. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 15:02 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 14:13:
Will the cheering sound effect occur every time you take a consequential action?

Sounds like a worthy addition to this gamejam masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4Gzm5Gwa4

3. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 12:04 Dagnamit

For what it is, or more accurately what it may be or may not be, this is the most hyped game I've ever heard of. It's destined to be disparaged no matter what the final game ends up being. The devs are doing the final product a terrible disservice by making all these high-profile reveals, which I might add, are pretty much the same reveals they made the last 2 times.

I love the idea of this game, but I'm not exactly sure what that idea is. Right now, it's concept art. Nothing more.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 10:47 Dagnamit

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 10:28:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 00:56:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 22:57:
At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.

The real Star Trek universe has basically been dead and buried for over a dozen years. It's somehow much better if nobody ever tries to do anything in that anymore?

To me personally, I'd rather the universe stay dead than turned into yet another dumb action franchise like Abrams did with it. Paramount wants another thing on the scale of Transformers and that's what they're trying to turn everything into (see also Terminator Genisys.)

I liked the new movies, they were cleverly respectful to the source material (except for some of the extreme fan service of Into Darkness) and tried to do something different in a series that really needed freshness. Orci leaving is nothing but a good thing, because he's a hack.

That's how I know that JJ Abrams, though talented (first half of Super 8 is effing fantastic), is not the next coming of Spielberg. He unleashed the hack writing triumvirate of Orci, Kurtzman, and Lindelof on the world. There's reason why none of those guys are within a mile of the new Star Wars.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
14. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 25, 2014, 08:13 Dagnamit

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 22:05:
After being talked out of the new Call of Duty, I looked into this, and was disappointed as well.

Did they ever fix the issue with mouse acceleration still showing even with the option turned off?

Anybody playing this online multiplayer?

Either the mouse accceleration issue goes away after the Prologue or I stopped noticing it.

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
8. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 13:13 Dagnamit

Phasenoise wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 12:42:
This is the offline play module.

BS, i still have to connect to the internet to download it. Where's my refund?

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
32. Re: Alienware's Nov 22, 2014, 11:26 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 20:53:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 19:02:
What were they thinking with that name: "Alpha?" That implies unfinished and unpolished. These are PC gamers were talking about here.

That being said, Forbes has an impression of the $549 model.
The entry-level Alienware Alpha costs $549, and includes a 500GB hard drive, 4GB of memory, an Intel INTC -0.97% Core i3 CPU, built-in wireless connectivity, and a modified Nvidia GTX 860M graphics card with 2GB of VRAM.
It sounds like they're doing a lot of things right with this. Here are some 1080P benchmarks:

Batman: Arkham Origins
FXAA High, All DirectX 11 Features Enabled, PhysX Normal = Average 65fps

Metro: Last Light Redux
Medium Quality, 4xAF, Tessellation Off = Average 58fps

BioShock Infinite
Very High Quality = Average 55fps

GRID Autosport
High Quality, 4xMSAA = Average 75fps

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Medium Quality, Normal Anti-aliasing = Average 66fps

Yeah that is actually not bad, most likely better than the big boy consoles.

Agreed, and just think what $500 can buy you in 2 years. 4k rendering? I would have said no, but the 980 and the 290x are pretty capable at 4K on medium settings already. You're selling these things to people that want to get the best out of their 4K TV, and the PS4/Xbox1 have but a snowball's chance in hell in besting it. That's the play.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2014, 19:57 Dagnamit

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog for $360.00?! Must resist.....  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
275. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 22:39 Dagnamit

clint wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 22:22:
Oh my gosh I love slick, I would have left long ago if he wasnt here. I stay for slick.

(ok serious question, is he trolling us, or is he actually serious. or 15yo or something? I need to know.)

I don't care what he is, I love it. His "trolling", if can even be called that, does not merit the outburst of emotion that it receives, and Slick feed off the energy, because the audience is all too willing to come back for more. It's my preferred method of getting a rise outta people on tha intarwebs.

266. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 20:40 Dagnamit

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:16:
Dacron wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 17:49:
Relevant: http://xkcd.com/386/

beautiful. full points. <3 xkcd

RavingArmy wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 18:20:
Harrowing wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:17:
The vast majority of serious gamers are online all the time.

No, they're not.

If you're equating "serious gamer" with professional MOBA players, Call of Duty binging fanboys, and EVE Online corporati, you're discounting a massive number of titles which have perfectly wonderful single player modes which do not in any way, shape, or form require a connection to the Internet, nor do they gain any sort of benefit from having such a connection in place. Trying to conflate the degree of involvement and enjoyment of games with the presence of an Internet connection is just ridiculous.

i don't think he meant that serious gamers only play ONLINE games on their computer. i think he meant that chances are that people who game are probably also connected to the internet. i don't even think you have to be a "serious gamer", if you're a PC gamer and your pc isn't online, then good god, what are you doing?

and just a friendly reminder:

http://imgur.com/FumUi1D

400 bytes per second bandwidth: online solo mode

I like you. Have a cookie.

201. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 08:26 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 00:20:
Dagnamit wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 22:46:
Goddam, another thread of people that hang out on the internet all day bitching about a game that forces you to hang out on the internet all day. Just accept that you have no power and no privacy and no choice. You'll be happier.

Troll harder. That's laughably untrue and everyone knows it.

Yeah, that was pretty trolly. However, my point is that a vast majority of game released in the last 30 years have incredibly restrictive EULA's that limit your rights to a license to utilize the code. You have no power and no ownership of anything except hardware. There's no point in getting pissy about it again and again and again when a dev/publisher exercises their rights under a contract you agreed to in the first place. It's just so old.

164. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 22:46 Dagnamit

Goddam, another thread of people that hang out on the internet all day bitching about a game that forces you to hang out on the internet all day. Just accept that you have no power and no privacy and no choice. You'll be happier.  

348 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo