Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 393 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2015, 21:58 Dagnamit

$12.50 for Alien Isolation is HOT HOT HOT.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 25, 2015, 09:29 Dagnamit

Arcades are so dead that I'm 34 years old and I missed the craze by a good 8 years. At least.  

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
8. Re: New AMD Beta Drivers Mar 21, 2015, 17:18 Dagnamit

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 13:45:
I'm using a 7950 and it's still running stuff perfectly fine. The real test will be witcher 3 and gta5 but I strongly suspect that it'll hold out just fine on both of those as well. I used to get a new card every other generation, but it seems right now I'll be able to get atleast another year or two out of this one.

Ram usage in games is spiking, real fast. even at 1080p. Enough so that my previous indifference to the GTX 970 RAM debacle has switched to minor annoyance. I would guess that Witcher 3 at 1080p on high settings (not even Ultra) will push be at least 3gb.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
3. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 20, 2015, 22:03 Dagnamit

NKD wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 21:41:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 20:57:
People pay to watch these people play games? Talk about a bunch of people with no life whatsoever.....kind of sad when you think of it.

"Stop liking what I don't like!"

No kidding. The International is required viewing for me. (in the DOTA2 client, at any rate) The games are interesting, the skill astounding, and the commentators get better all the time. I just hope the meta is better this year. Some real snoozers last year.

Really though, if I were 21 again, with some money to burn and armed with the total lack of fucks I give about what people think about my interests these days, I would be all about going to this thing. If I didn't have a young child now, I would definitely go.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Trailer
14. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Trailer Mar 19, 2015, 22:27 Dagnamit

siapnar wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 21:03:
Most impressive space combat game so far. This is the game that people will go VR for... if it delivers similar to what we see in the video

Looked kinda like a rail shooter tbh. I hope it's cool.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 18, 2015, 14:50 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:31:
He will always have Punch Drunk Love.

and by that you mean, The Wedding Singer.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
16. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2015, 20:31 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 20:13:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 19:02:
Is it a game yet?

Not sure if referring to Star Citizen or X-Rebirth.

Zing!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 12, 2015, 23:58 Dagnamit

Wow, The TR SSD experiment has been one of my favorite read for the last 2 years! I'm kinda sad there won't be another one.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2015, 22:11 Dagnamit

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 22:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 20:33:
That was me, but still making sure after today's patch that I was still not screwing something up on my end.

I really haven't gotten into ED as much as I thought I would, do we have a Blues News group in game or anything?

When my launcher starts there is a brief moment where it only shows the stars like you describe, but then the news fields and store buttons appear and everything looks correct. Maybe your launcher needs to be reinstalled?

New launcher usually does it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 10, 2015, 13:01 Dagnamit

I prefer websites that encourage you do to anything for forever.

http://zombo.com/

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 10, 2015, 09:24 Dagnamit

For $350, the Apple Watch would have to be a standalone device, (calls, texts, the works...) with at LEAST 24 hours of battery time with moderately heavy use for me to even consider buying it. Even $350.00 seems like too much for that.  

12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2015, 23:20 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 21:42:
Dagnamit wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 19:48:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 19:13:
Facebook hiring 1200+ people ramping up to the Oculus Rift launch.

1200 people? What for?

You can't launch a new product with R&D people. That's pretty much everyone that works at Oculus, atm. This is all about advertising, marketing, and customer support. Takes a lot of common folk to sell products. This is a good sign. It means they're serious about it.

C'mon Cuts, it won't be huge, but it ain't fallin' flat. There's a market.

Edit: I don't think facebook has released any manner of hardware yet. Is that right? They really don't have the people in place if that's true.

I don't disagree. I've always said there's a market for it, just a niche market. And probably more AR than VR at that. I've also said I suspect it'll sell like hotcakes initially and then in year or two you'll have a ton of people with dusty paperweights. It's the same for all unnecessary fads. And the marketing people always try to liken it to cel phones and how no one expected them to take off - well, the differce being is people actually need phones. It's the same reason wearables is failing. Who wears a watch anymore except for asthetics? Everyone uses their phone as their watch now. So why would you need a $300-$500 "smart" watch that doesn't even do what your phone already does?

There's a slew of reasons why VR won't be what they're hoping it will be. And they're desperately trying to convince themselves of that and everyone else.

The problem is hardware, but I gots that. So yeah, a niche, but it's MY niche. Dig?

The killer apps for VR are probably live sporting events and movies. That's when the masses get onboard. Courtside seats from my living room would be cool.

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2015, 19:48 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 19:13:
Facebook hiring 1200+ people ramping up to the Oculus Rift launch.

1200 people? What for?

You can't launch a new product with R&D people. That's pretty much everyone that works at Oculus, atm. This is all about advertising, marketing, and customer support. Takes a lot of common folk to sell products. This is a good sign. It means they're serious about it.

C'mon Cuts, it won't be huge, but it ain't fallin' flat. There's a market.

Edit: I don't think facebook has released any manner of hardware yet. Is that right? They really don't have the people in place if that's true.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2015, 19:44 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 19:14:
Apple Just Canceled The Right Click.

Glad I don't use Apple.

Huh, I thought they had given up on that ridiculousness.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 9, 2015, 14:23 Dagnamit

Totally pointless. That's getting overturned by SCOTUS so fast it'll make your head spin.

Not envisioned? The framers didn't envision automatic weapons, and yet, those are legal.

No Military use? That's arguable either way.

This is a backdoor attempt to get the "envisioned by the framers" argument some traction. Won't work.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
9. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 14:58 Dagnamit

Flak wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 14:53:
Dagnamit wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 14:12:
This still might be scam and i'm wary as a mf'er, but holy shit, if they pull this off...

You can tell they're making actual progress because the sad trolls who come into these threads to trash Roberts and Co. are strangely becoming more and more absent.

I'm still as skeptical as anyone, but you have to admit that procedural damage tech is very impressive, and to me, is finally something that's ACTUALLY next gen.

Let's hope they can keep this train rolling.

and I say that as someone that has $150 into this thing with another $100 likely. I want this so bad... but I have to keep my expectations in check. when I was 14, I said, "give me Tie Fighter and Dark Forces in the same game." I never though it was going to happen. I could happen......

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
6. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 14:12 Dagnamit

This still might be scam and i'm wary as a mf'er, but holy shit, if they pull this off...  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2015, 08:43 Dagnamit

1badmf wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 01:08:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 00:47:
That lioness was like, "You think you're safe? Watch this, bitches." Totally knew what to do, and probably had a good laugh at the scared humans.

is it just me or do women seem to do braindead things alot? like not locking the fucking door when a lion is eyeball to eyeball with you. i'm pretty sure if that was ANY dude that door would've been locked the moment they entered the park.

I'm actually just pissed that the journalist operating the camera didn't identify herself. Where's the integrity?

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams
5. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams Mar 6, 2015, 08:39 Dagnamit

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 08:25:
Xero wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 08:01:
Never even played the first but I heard good things about it. A lot people even claimed it as their game of the year. I would definitely like a run thru that one before seeing what this sequel is all about.
Yeah I've been hearing good things about that too, but I will not pay $60 for that game. Maybe I'll pick it up on sale.

I picked it up for $20 over xmas was impressed. Campaign runs about 15 hours, of utterly fanatasic pacing and a choose your own style of gameplay. All with a surprisingly engaging (though ridiculous) story. I would have bought it at $40.

News Comments > TITAN X GPU Unveiled
10. Re: TITAN X GPU Unveiled Mar 4, 2015, 20:07 Dagnamit

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:44:
This thing looks dang expensive. Wonder how many people can afford such hardware.
Must be more than 2~3 if Nvidia feels the need to invest in such tech

It'll probably roll about 1k, just like the last one. If they release this thing before AMD can out the 390 series, AMD better hope and pray that they can outperform it. Even though Titan and gaming video cards are pretty much apples and oranges. The PR hit would be pretty bad.

The Titan has always been a premium/prosumer sku anyways. It's overkill and a half for games. It's best suited for people that don't want to spend $3,000.00 on a Tesla or FirePro part. That's who buys it, and why it flies off the shelves.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2015, 20:15.

393 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo