Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 409 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 19, 2015, 11:50 Dagnamit

Fantaz wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 10:56:
it's going to be hard waiting it out for a deal on this game... needs to be less than $30 for a buy.

I felt the same way and finally said, "screw it", and just bought it yesterday. This thing isn't getting to $30 'till X-mas, at the very earliest (at least on Steam).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 21:15 Dagnamit

I agree with all your points here jd, buuuut he's got a point about the fan service parts, especially when it comes to Abrams. The first Star Trek was pretty good, however, Into Darkness had just that type of pandering fan service, so there's a chance it made it's way into this.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 21:11 Dagnamit

DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:05:
It's the dialog that's going to ruin the movie, especially the forced humor.

*rimshot*

Oh shit! I didn't tip my waitress like you told me too!

News Comments > Endless Free Weekend
3. Re: Endless Free Weekend Apr 16, 2015, 21:07 Dagnamit

So what's the deal here? I get an endless weekend but have to play one of these games for free, and if I stop the weekend ends?  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 15, 2015, 11:31 Dagnamit

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 11:25:
LittleMe wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 09:19:
FYI the Titan X is newly released. kthx bye
?

Well released for all vendors to sell, at any rate. You could only buy direct from Nvidia before.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 15, 2015, 07:21 Dagnamit

Holy crap. They did an amazing job with this. Plays awesome on the iphone 6.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
19. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 15:33 Dagnamit

WaltC wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:03:
Speedrun: skipping 80% of everything the game offers. Why anyone would wish to do that is beyond me. Fastest speedrun possible: don't play the game at all...;) Or you could watch the intro and then roll the ending credits, I guess. How profound.

Speed running is a fun (for me) for 2 reasons. 1) you need to practice, a ton. 2) if you think of better way to do it, then you have to throw out everything you've been practicing and start over, and learn the new route.

Every game I've tried to speed run is one I know forwards and backwards. I played through wasteland 20 times before I began speed-running it for fun.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 12:46 Dagnamit

NKD wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 12:32:
deadearth wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 12:24:
NKD wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:58:

Author claims it was running at 60fps @ 4k, but his own screenshots of the settings show that the 4k display they are using is at a 30hz refresh rate with VSync enabled. That would not allow him to run 60fps.

The options menu looks good... lots of choices in there. We'll have to see what happens when people with more run-of-the-mill rigs get their hands on it.

You are assuming the screenshots of the settings is what he ran with. If you look at the screenshots closely you can see he is changing the settings as he is going through them (the 1st and 3rd screenshots show different memory settings than the 2nd).

So its possible that he was wrong, but its also possible he played around with the settings while going through them. We really don't know

Yes, it's possible VSync was turned off for a time. Just pointing out that there are some inconsistencies so people looking for performance information may want to wait for a more technically minded site to get their hands on the title.

Some games, Elite: Dangerous comes to mind in my experience, cap fps to 30 if Vsync is on and it drops below 60. If that's the issue, than he shouldn't even have Vsync on. Result? Inconclusive. FPS is sitting anywhere between 30 and 59. 45+ on this game should be perfectly playable.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2015, 14:01 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 12:58:
It's kind of stupid not to make the final four a free stream on the internet. They're missing out on tons of ad revenue.

It is, has been for years.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2015, 13:53 Dagnamit

Leper wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 12:51:
The thing with Mad Men and also Breaking Bad if I recall is that they split the final season into two smaller seasons for various reasons. So what what started with Mad Men last night is the final episodes of the last season.

Various reasons being $$$$$$, so they can make people wait an entire year to finish the series. AMC is pretty easily the most anti-viewer network around. Too many commercial breaks and ridiculous money grubbing delay. I love mad men, but refuse to watch it live. I'll just buy it from Amazon the next day.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Apr 4, 2015, 14:30 Dagnamit

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 14:26:
Just read that 6.1 introduced "Twitter integration" to WoW. Whatever people, crazy if you ask me.

There's no integrated feature in an MMO that will ever be crazier than /pizza.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 4, 2015, 09:11 Dagnamit

ItBurn wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 05:02:
Dagnamit wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 20:15:
Risk of rain is a steal at that price. Difficult, random, and fun. Like binding of isaac with shit controls and an utterly fantastic soundtrack.

I couldn't get into Risk of Rain. Played a bit and couldn't find the "point". Then I figured what the next step was and was insta-killed by an impossible to beat boss. Seems like I'd need to grind a sh*tload. There's something wrong with the controls, but I can't put my finger on it. Played with keyb+m. I guess if you stick to it, it might become addictive, but I was personally put off.

In my opinion, the point is Isaac-like where RNG bestows godliness upon you and you crush all before you. But yeah, grinding.

The controls are downright brick like. You feel like you're controlling a brick in flight. Needed refinement. I hope they make a 2nd one, because the base formed with this.

It's also worth noting that this game was made 100% within Gamemaker: Studio (save the soundtrack). I use it as inspiration that even without many programming skills, I too, can make a decent game.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 3, 2015, 20:15 Dagnamit

Risk of rain is a steal at that price. Difficult, random, and fun. Like binding of isaac with shit controls and an utterly fantastic soundtrack.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
12. Re: Evening Previews Mar 31, 2015, 22:55 Dagnamit

Kosumo wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 22:25:
Dagnamit wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 21:58:
PropheT wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 21:09:
The average Star Citizen backer has contributed $96.

WTF

$150 here. Don't regret it, will probably buy more.

For the record, Chris Roberts IS a snake-oil salesman, but his snake-oil is so damn good. I simply can't help myself. Foolish? Absolutely. Loving it? Every fucking minute.

Beware all, Cultist about. Don't take any food or drink!

LOL! Thanks guys. I knew you'd understand.

News Comments > Evening Previews
6. Re: Evening Previews Mar 31, 2015, 21:58 Dagnamit

PropheT wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 21:09:
The average Star Citizen backer has contributed $96.

WTF

$150 here. Don't regret it, will probably buy more.

For the record, Chris Roberts IS a snake-oil salesman, but his snake-oil is so damn good. I simply can't help myself. Foolish? Absolutely. Loving it? Every fucking minute.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2015, 22:40 Dagnamit

walrus1 wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 21:12:
Is Alien Isolation worth a purchase? It seems most people either hate it or love it.

Depends. It's unlike any other game actually, so it's difficult to compare it to anything. Kinda like Amnesia, kinda like Deus Ex, kinda like Dead Space. You absolutely have to be able to put yourself in the mindset of someone that's totally helpless. That's the fun part.

The point being, for $12.50, it's worth a shot.

technical edit: the thing I really want to know about that game is how they made a game that looks so damn good run at 100+fps on mid-range rigs at ultra detail levels.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2015, 22:48.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2015, 21:58 Dagnamit

$12.50 for Alien Isolation is HOT HOT HOT.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 25, 2015, 09:29 Dagnamit

Arcades are so dead that I'm 34 years old and I missed the craze by a good 8 years. At least.  

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
8. Re: New AMD Beta Drivers Mar 21, 2015, 17:18 Dagnamit

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 13:45:
I'm using a 7950 and it's still running stuff perfectly fine. The real test will be witcher 3 and gta5 but I strongly suspect that it'll hold out just fine on both of those as well. I used to get a new card every other generation, but it seems right now I'll be able to get atleast another year or two out of this one.

Ram usage in games is spiking, real fast. even at 1080p. Enough so that my previous indifference to the GTX 970 RAM debacle has switched to minor annoyance. I would guess that Witcher 3 at 1080p on high settings (not even Ultra) will push be at least 3gb.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
3. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 20, 2015, 22:03 Dagnamit

NKD wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 21:41:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 20:57:
People pay to watch these people play games? Talk about a bunch of people with no life whatsoever.....kind of sad when you think of it.

"Stop liking what I don't like!"

No kidding. The International is required viewing for me. (in the DOTA2 client, at any rate) The games are interesting, the skill astounding, and the commentators get better all the time. I just hope the meta is better this year. Some real snoozers last year.

Really though, if I were 21 again, with some money to burn and armed with the total lack of fucks I give about what people think about my interests these days, I would be all about going to this thing. If I didn't have a young child now, I would definitely go.

409 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo