Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 168 (Novice)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 17, 2014, 14:03 Dagnamit

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 12:52:
Oh my fucking god. the 780 is so motherfucking old!!! Come out with the fucking 880 already! Where's the new fab tech?

no kidding. my guess is that TSMC's very limited 20nm fabs are turning out only Apple chips for the iPhone 6.

What's incredible is that intel has been shipping on that node for 2 years now, and functional 14nm Broadwells have been demoed. IMO, 14nm intel x86 chips are going to utterly dominate non-apple tablets in a year or so. power/performance ratio is going to be pretty epic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
25. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 10:48 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:30:
I no this is blasphemy to many, but with the backlog I have and it's only going to get larger. I'm more now for 15 hour'ish length games, For many games that go much longer my ADHD kicks in anyway as I become a bit bored repeating its game play for so long. I rather it just end around 15 and get to the next game. This is about the only chance I have at seeing the light of the backlog tunnel.

But I'm totally fine buying quality games at 75% off even if I don't get to them. A it is still $ in the devs pockets. B. It is setting a market and has played a factor in the lower costs of games.

That's like the Stick of Truth sitting at $60. I want it, but it doesn't match the value of so many other turn-based games out there. So I wait.

I almost always play through single player games on the easiest difficultly level. Turns a 20 hour game into a 12 hour game. Guess that makes me a content tourist, rather than a gamer!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 15, 2014, 20:07 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 19:58:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 19:43:
just ordered mine today, looking forward to giving them a spin this summer

I'm tempted to buy one, but I'd rather wait for CV1. More polish, etc.

Also tempted, but I'll wait for the games. i hope CV1 ships a 1440p screen.

News Comments > Watch Dogs "Ultra Specs"
18. Re: Watch Dogs Apr 14, 2014, 15:23 Dagnamit

Fantaz wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 14:53:
what about the requirements for 2560x1440 resolution? I assume this is only the minimum for 1080p? I want to get 30+ FPS

I have 2 GTX 770 2GB cards in SLI and a 4770k with Sabertooth motherboard and 8GB RAM so I hope I'm good...

That all depends on how much Vram the game will use. 2GB is probably enough, but we'll see. There's only a couple games that use more than 2GB. Otherwise you should be golden. Remember, there's 360/PS3 versions of this game, so this game won't be a as crazy as a game designed for PC/Xbone/PS4 from the ground up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2014, 11:10 Dagnamit

mch wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 09:59:
SST: I've been looking forward to that scene, but didn't expect it to happen so early in the season.

mch, the build up to the awesomeness was killing me. They took soooooo long to get to it, my face was buried in my hands most of time. I could barely take it, knowing what was going to happen.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2014, 13:26 Dagnamit

I'm happy I get to vote for this guy. Keep it up, Al.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2014, 12:38 Dagnamit

Capella wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 11:25:
Yep I have to say that is a pretty damn good impression. I miss the hell outta that show. Now that Shameless is done we have nothing to watch on Sunday evening. And no we don't like Game of whatever. Tried a couple of times to get into that and just don't do it for us.

But Mad Men is coming back on! And if you are even remotely a fan of lawyer shows, The Good Wife, is hugely entertaining and excellently crafted. It pulls off the "storyline-of-the-week with overarching plot" better than any show I've ever seen before. The cast is also fantastic.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
9. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 14:53 Dagnamit

Honestly though, this is a Titanfall clone.  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
4. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 10:22 Dagnamit

Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:18:
I've said it a hundred times, best thing they could do is make a persistent ARPG FPS Borderlands, they'd make billions.

Another tired old single player arpg... dime a dozen.

BL has always been a co-op game. Don't know where you get that from. The biggest concern is that Gearbox's track record with games it has other people make for them is... well... a little less than good.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
1. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 09:34 Dagnamit

Half-Life 3 confirmed. I knew it would be a blizz/valve collab-o MMORPG. 3 million Gordon Freemans. I've already reserved xxxxGORDONZOxxxx.  

News Comments > The Crew This Fall
4. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 8, 2014, 22:04 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 20:41:
Microtransactions + dropping you to the title screen when you lose internet connectivity = fuck you fuck you fuck you

wow. interest gone.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 8, 2014, 14:46 Dagnamit

I didn't think a 120mm radiator would have the capacity to cool 500W, but 71 degrees at max load is really, really impressive. The 3rd party 290's and this card just further prove how horrible the reference cooler was. I hope AMD learned something from that fiasco. Don't cheap out on a cooler, dammit.  

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
5. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 14:16 Dagnamit

qsto wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 12:59:
So this game actually benefits from hyper-threading? That would be the first wouldn't it... to this day HT has actually only impaired game performance iirc.

Here I was thinking to hold on to my 2500k@4.7GHz for a few more years, maybe upgrade to Maxwell once it arrives. Guess I'll be dead in the water in six months

This game will probably run just fine on an i3 with hyper-threading. I'm not worried about my 3570k@4.0 for at least a year. I hope I can ride it until the socketed Broadwell w/ Iris Pro.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition Apr 3, 2014, 17:28 Dagnamit

my night,

1) food,

2) update FTL on Steam,

3) steal my wife's iPad and purchase FTL,

4) double bourbon in a highball,

5) flip a coin to see which one to play.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 1, 2014, 20:53 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 19:46:
Hey, when is the Steam spring sale, traditionally?

usually around easter or so. it'll probably fire up in a week or two.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales Friday
5. Re: The International Ticket Sales Friday Apr 1, 2014, 18:23 Dagnamit

Osc8r wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 17:55:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 16:54:
Can't imagine paying money to watch people play video games.

Why not? Go watch some of the old international games on youtube, some of them are pretty epic if you know what's happening.

Much more exciting than most sports... like say, two people hitting a ball across a net or someone hitting a ball towards a hole...

Word. I pretty much play a little DOTA so I can be up on what's going on in the pro game. After last year's Tourney, this is must watch for me. Game 5 of the championship was nothing short of incredible. Wicked fun.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 30, 2014, 16:06 Dagnamit

they'll keep the 4", and add a 5". Old Steve-o will roll in his grave, but Apple doesn't get to decide the size. The market has spoken. BIGGER.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2014, 12:58 Dagnamit

Hey, nice jam session guys. Let's see here, tubes, ties, and lollipops. Thinking.. about women's pants. alright...... GO! I'll get back to you in few, see how we're doing. I needs to get me some Starbucks. OUT!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 28, 2014, 11:25 Dagnamit

Task wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 11:01:
will it be on the other pads like android or just ipad?

ios only for now.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 28, 2014, 10:04 Dagnamit

FTL available on iPad from April 3.

Instabuy.

168 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo