Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 336 (Amateur)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
14. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 25, 2014, 08:13 Dagnamit

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 22:05:
After being talked out of the new Call of Duty, I looked into this, and was disappointed as well.

Did they ever fix the issue with mouse acceleration still showing even with the option turned off?

Anybody playing this online multiplayer?

Either the mouse accceleration issue goes away after the Prologue or I stopped noticing it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
8. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 13:13 Dagnamit

Phasenoise wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 12:42:
This is the offline play module.

BS, i still have to connect to the internet to download it. Where's my refund?

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
32. Re: Alienware's Nov 22, 2014, 11:26 Dagnamit

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 20:53:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 19:02:
What were they thinking with that name: "Alpha?" That implies unfinished and unpolished. These are PC gamers were talking about here.

That being said, Forbes has an impression of the $549 model.
The entry-level Alienware Alpha costs $549, and includes a 500GB hard drive, 4GB of memory, an Intel INTC -0.97% Core i3 CPU, built-in wireless connectivity, and a modified Nvidia GTX 860M graphics card with 2GB of VRAM.
It sounds like they're doing a lot of things right with this. Here are some 1080P benchmarks:

Batman: Arkham Origins
FXAA High, All DirectX 11 Features Enabled, PhysX Normal = Average 65fps

Metro: Last Light Redux
Medium Quality, 4xAF, Tessellation Off = Average 58fps

BioShock Infinite
Very High Quality = Average 55fps

GRID Autosport
High Quality, 4xMSAA = Average 75fps

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Medium Quality, Normal Anti-aliasing = Average 66fps

Yeah that is actually not bad, most likely better than the big boy consoles.

Agreed, and just think what $500 can buy you in 2 years. 4k rendering? I would have said no, but the 980 and the 290x are pretty capable at 4K on medium settings already. You're selling these things to people that want to get the best out of their 4K TV, and the PS4/Xbox1 have but a snowball's chance in hell in besting it. That's the play.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2014, 19:57 Dagnamit

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog for $360.00?! Must resist.....  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
275. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 22:39 Dagnamit

clint wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 22:22:
Oh my gosh I love slick, I would have left long ago if he wasnt here. I stay for slick.

(ok serious question, is he trolling us, or is he actually serious. or 15yo or something? I need to know.)

I don't care what he is, I love it. His "trolling", if can even be called that, does not merit the outburst of emotion that it receives, and Slick feed off the energy, because the audience is all too willing to come back for more. It's my preferred method of getting a rise outta people on tha intarwebs.

266. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 20:40 Dagnamit

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:16:
Dacron wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 17:49:
Relevant: http://xkcd.com/386/

beautiful. full points. <3 xkcd

RavingArmy wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 18:20:
Harrowing wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:17:
The vast majority of serious gamers are online all the time.

No, they're not.

If you're equating "serious gamer" with professional MOBA players, Call of Duty binging fanboys, and EVE Online corporati, you're discounting a massive number of titles which have perfectly wonderful single player modes which do not in any way, shape, or form require a connection to the Internet, nor do they gain any sort of benefit from having such a connection in place. Trying to conflate the degree of involvement and enjoyment of games with the presence of an Internet connection is just ridiculous.

i don't think he meant that serious gamers only play ONLINE games on their computer. i think he meant that chances are that people who game are probably also connected to the internet. i don't even think you have to be a "serious gamer", if you're a PC gamer and your pc isn't online, then good god, what are you doing?

and just a friendly reminder:

http://imgur.com/FumUi1D

400 bytes per second bandwidth: online solo mode

I like you. Have a cookie.

201. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 08:26 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 00:20:
Dagnamit wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 22:46:
Goddam, another thread of people that hang out on the internet all day bitching about a game that forces you to hang out on the internet all day. Just accept that you have no power and no privacy and no choice. You'll be happier.

Troll harder. That's laughably untrue and everyone knows it.

Yeah, that was pretty trolly. However, my point is that a vast majority of game released in the last 30 years have incredibly restrictive EULA's that limit your rights to a license to utilize the code. You have no power and no ownership of anything except hardware. There's no point in getting pissy about it again and again and again when a dev/publisher exercises their rights under a contract you agreed to in the first place. It's just so old.

164. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 22:46 Dagnamit

Goddam, another thread of people that hang out on the internet all day bitching about a game that forces you to hang out on the internet all day. Just accept that you have no power and no privacy and no choice. You'll be happier.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 11, 2014, 20:10 Dagnamit

I should hope that everyone already owns Rogue Legacy, but if you don't, you can't beat $2.99. Best game of 2013, imho.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
25. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 18:24 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 18:19:
It SOUNDS like it was stuff that was probably originally planned but figured this would be a better marketing move. 'Jeepers! 16 FREE DLC?!?! What a bargain! Derp!"

It's not the good guys fault the bad ones are milking their customers like cattle. It makes the good guys look all the better for doing the right thing. They're just playing the hand they were dealt. When it's that easy to look better than your competitor, why the hell not?

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Released
16. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Released Nov 5, 2014, 12:21 Dagnamit

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 08:50:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 08:43:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 03:22:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 02:12:
Played, died 3x, deleted. Not my cup of tea.

One of the other PS+ games this month, Steamworld Dig, is holding my attention though. A mix of digging and metroid stuff. Pretty cool.

I bought Steamworld Dig on PC. Very good game. I think I played through to the end.....maybe just right at the end. Can't remember. I also downloaded it, plan on playing it on vita as well.

/damn, had a super sweet run going and messed up....was hard to come by HP.... roid rage, maggie, common cold, placenta, guppys paw - activate, contract "wealth but at what cost", daddy long legs (best passive in the game so far), ring worm, rotten meat, rotten baby, mysterious liquid.

//NOOOO!!! Died with literally one more hit on mom. Had a cool build, but no strength+ through the whole thing, tons of hearts, just took to long to kill bosses: prayer card, luck up pill, pinky eye, magic scab, started basement 2 and it said "curse of the maze" (HA! GENIUS!), placenta, stigmata, match book, 3 dollar bill, old bandage, ball of bandages, goat head, heart, my reflection.

Picked this up as part of PS+. Only played for a little bit, but it looks to be the same great fun the original was. Noticed there were new monsters and some kind of new gambling device (I'm assuming) that ate my coins with no perceivable reward.

There is a machine that says "Donations" at the top. I put 8 coins in it and it jammed....I then bombed it and got 5 back.

I believe the donation is progressive and carries over on each playthrough and unlocks things after certain amounts are donated. But it appears to jam randomly.

7. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Released Nov 4, 2014, 21:15 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 20:47:
I keep hearing about how great this is. Watching game play vids, I can't really tell what kind of game it is. RPG-puzzler-plaformer? You play with a controller, no?

It's a straight up 2 stick shooter. Think roguelike+smashtv+zelda w/ random power-up drops. not really rpg. Not every run will be successful because of randomness, but getting very skilled can make every run productive. Let's just say it rewards skill and luck equally. controller, yes, but I prefer the keyboard.

update: just beat mom, w/ a interesting build. the possibilities for crazy builds in this thing is insane w/ some of the new powerups.

update2: bible run, what what??!?! Mom's heart down.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2014, 22:10.

4. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Released Nov 4, 2014, 20:42 Dagnamit

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 18:51:
Played for a while today, then fired up the Vita and grabbed it for later tonight. I did try controller support, it recognized my xbox360 controller, just had to select it (it said it didn't but it did see it).

I actually prefer keyboard use over controller.....I dunno, maybe I will play with it some more. Tonight with the Vita will be very telling.

The game is damn hard. For anyone that has put ANY time into the previous games, this one plays like +game7 or about there. I haven't gotten to mother yet.

Rooms are over sized so it scrolls, there are tiny rooms, split rooms, etc. It is very well done. Going to put a TON of time into this one.

Bought for pc, and I would have purchased on ps store if they didn't give it away the second it was avail.

Playing this right now and probably nothing else for at least a week. The original BoI sneaky crept into my Top 10 games of all-time. Really digging the new challenge.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 13:47 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:46:
I'm laughing at Farm Simulator making it to number two...makes me think of this.

I love you. Made my day.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
23. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 13:37 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 13:22:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 13:18:
Can't put my finger on it but something is wrong, movement? or view? or bob? ... somethings definitely off.

That was my first thought. All the models are running with sticks up their asses.

I believe the video states the animations are stock CryEngine placeholders. This is a concept video guys, pre-alpha stuff. It's not going to look great, or even good. They just want to give an impression of how it could be. They absolutely have to nail the space sim part of it. I hope the FPS and other parts are just diversions from the grind. If they pull off the diversions competently, and the space sim very well, it's going to be a good game. But I'm an optimist.

I hope Roberts can pull it off.

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebration This Week
7. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 2, 2014, 00:39 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 17:13:
UConnBBall wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 17:04:
10 years = $1,798.80 in fees monthly

10 years = $1,558.80 in fees 6 months at a time

The thing about that is, when I played wow, it took up so much time that I didn't buy/play as many other games.

A fairer comparison would be comparing it to how much a given player spent on other games in 10 years.

I did the math on my time in WoW exactly once. I spent 18% of ALL THE TIME from January 2005 to May 2009 playing WoW. That's 4-5 hours a day for 4 years. Jesus. I don't regret a second of it. That game, man. what a ride.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 15:41 Dagnamit

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:12:
ASeven wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:25:
TotalBiscuit writes a very eloquent blog post on GG.
You know what's funny about this, is that TB was very neutral when this all started. Right up until the anti-gg side decided to attack him for being so.

Goddamit TB. You used to be cool! Where does he get off telling people that thier personal relationships are somehow evidence that they're corrupted or unethical? I might punch someone that said that to me. It's uncalled for and a grave insult.

"Appears to damn chummy?" That's not evidence, it's innuendo. I'm not convinced.

News Comments > etc., etc.
83. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2014, 10:46 Dagnamit

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 10:06:
There's no discussion about it because there's no discussion to have. Everyone wants ethical journalists, there's no debate there.

That's not true. Everyone says they want ethical journalists. It's not what everyone actually wants.

And you can see as much in the coverage of #GG.

I denounce death threats. Whenever I see this come up among GGers, I never see a guy who says 'someone should send her a death threat' or 'X got a death threat, that's great, maybe it'll shut him up'. Find me the prominent outspoken GG supporter defending death threats, or encouraging them, as opposed to denouncing them.

Yet how many times is GG reported on as 'the group of people who send death threats to women because they hate women' by the media?

How ethical is that?
o

It's ethical because they're reporting the news and those people have the loudest voices. It's not unethical to report what people say. It's not the media's job to ignore the loudest most offensive voices. That's your job, sir edit:(or, ma'am.). Take some responsibility about what news outlets to trust. If the loudest voices were GG's denouncing the acts of the assholes then that might get some play as well. If you think the media is unfair, let them know with words and actions.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2014, 10:59.

News Comments > etc., etc.
75. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2014, 09:51 Dagnamit

NKD wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 07:23:
Julio wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 06:51:
#GG is still relevant as long as there is rampant corruption in game journalism.

How many of the articles linked to under the umbrella of GamerGate here are about game journalism, or even about games? I'm all for talking about corruption in game journalism.

But we don't seem to be getting articles about it, or discussions about it.

There's no discussion about it because there's no discussion to have. Everyone wants ethical journalists, there's no debate there. It's a truism. Since there's no debate about WHAT GG's want (ethical journalism), the other side is looking for your means of achieving that goal, and because of the assholes and what they do, the conception of what that is, based on the tactics employed and words coming out of your mouth is censorship. If that's not what you want, then please start telling people this, because that's what they think.*

edit: HA! my first ever concern troll.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2014, 09:56.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
27. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 14:23 Dagnamit

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 13:56:
Half the time I wonder if news sites make this shit up.

Anonymous "victim."
Anonymous "perps."
No official complaint to the authorities to back up the story.

News places used to be somewhat nuetral, reporting on the events without spin. These days news places use any event to push their political agenda. I would not put it past them to make up stories to push their agendas.

There was never a good old days. The media has always pushed what will sell or get clicks. Nothing has changed there. Neutrality is a different issue entirely.

How can you tell which side they're pushing? Both sides of an issue use the same evidence as proof of bias. There's almost nothing to go on. Besides, there's a wide gulf between pushing a political agenda, and providing what creates revenue. Sure, sometimes the agenda is what creates the revenue, aka a "brand", (Fox News, HuffPo), but that's more like preaching to the choir than an active attempt to exert influence. I just don't buy it.

For the most part, I think most places report the news (what, when, where?) well, and that includes Fox news and MSNBC. It's their commentary (why?) I can't stand. Make up your own mind about which outlets to trust. You only have access to literally all of them.

Who cares about if someone screwed someone else and, if all that's true, suffer the rightful professional consequences. It's not an indictment of the media. It's a stupid thing that's, quite frankly, none of my fucking business and we're all worse off for having been exposed to it.

336 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo