Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 183 (Novice)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
20. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 21, 2014, 09:09 {PH}88fingers

I also pre-ordered the base game, but I guess I'll wait for the dlc to come down in price at a future date. if worth getting at all.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
81. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 21, 2014, 08:56 {PH}88fingers

NKD wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 05:39:
Dirwulf wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 02:59:

I'm pretty sure Cutter blocked me as well, and I have no idea why. Anyway, I think the person behind the keyboard is really just role playing, is an excellent troll, and everyone falls for it every time.

Don't sweat it. Cutter blocks anyone who disagrees with him. But it's of little consequence because he is a hit-and-run poster. Even if he doesn't have you blocked, he has zero interest in discussion. He will post a top level comment, or sometimes reply to a comment, but only if it isn't directed at him. If you try to engage him in a discussion, you will get no response. If you outright refute or disagree with him, you'll find he never replies to one of your posts again, presumably because you've been blocked.

I've said this before, but he isn't knowledgeable or articulate enough to defend his position on anything, so to save face he doesn't even try. Of course that didn't work out so well for him here on Blues. We have a small enough posting user base that you're going to get caught being a chickenshit pretty quickly.

Really the best thing is to just ignore the guy. I sometimes reply to his posts for the benefit of other people who might read it, even though I know full well he has had me blocked for years. But in general it's just a good idea to recognize that Cutter is a joke and laugh at him accordingly. It's kind of like with Reagle. That guy is even more obviously mentally ill, but he's good for a laugh.

You literally have to advocate genocide to get banned from Blues, so I don't see him going away any time soon.

lol

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
67. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 23:09 {PH}88fingers

beremot wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 19:49:
Icewind wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:21:
Danger Dog beat me to posting that Jade comic. I remember that, and the stink it caused. Me? I laughed my butt off at it.

I'm half shocked that none of the self-righteous SJWs have used that incident in their fight. Goes to show you how much of a game industry newbie these young hipsters truly are.

I started browsing this site back when Voodoo Extreme was making midget jokes and Jeremy Allford at AGN3d was still alive. I'm not in any way shape or form a "young hipster." I like Blues News because I like the way Blue writes, and I like reading some of the threads because I respect the gaming opinions of many of the posters here, without feeling the need to post myself.

But every time the subject of "women" comes up, even incidentally, the amount of assholism and sheer stupidity that wells up in response never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah, that Jade cartoon is hilarious! Look, she's giving blow jobs! She's attractive, so she deserves to be depicted that way! Haw haw!

I don't get it. I really don't.

I have a mother, a wife, a young daughter. Why should they be treated with contempt, or worse, just because they're women?

What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

My guess is you probably couldn't tell me, even if you wanted to.

But trust me.

There is something wrong with you.

Over and out.

THANK YOU!! seriously. +1

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 18, 2014, 08:57 {PH}88fingers

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 01:42:
If they can get 8k to 120fps with modern games I tap my hat, but Maxwell GPU is lightyears away from doing that

Maxwell will be replaced in 2016 or so by PASCAL. We have to see how PASCAL will do, but yeah I obviously agree that we can't even game at 4k yet. I just bought another 2560x1440 monitor because GPU's can't handle 4k yet.

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
30. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 17, 2014, 19:36 {PH}88fingers

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 18:57:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 17:50:
Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 17:23:
BobBob wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:51:
Whatever the criticism the game's development gets, it's providing people employment.

That doesn't mean diddly of 1000s of trusting consumers get burned. 38 Studios provided employment and the taxpayers of RI still aren't happy about it.

The taxpayers never asked to fund that company. RSI funders happily gave their money. See a difference?

Only if they actually get the product they paid for. See the difference? So far there's just been lots of talk and little actual delivery.

oh sorry I didn't know products were supposed to be delivered before they were ready. my bad

20. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 17:50 {PH}88fingers

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 17:23:
BobBob wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:51:
Whatever the criticism the game's development gets, it's providing people employment.

That doesn't mean diddly of 1000s of trusting consumers get burned. 38 Studios provided employment and the taxpayers of RI still aren't happy about it.

The taxpayers never asked to fund that company. RSI funders happily gave their money. See a difference?

16. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 16:43 {PH}88fingers

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:06:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:04:
They'll fund them by selling capital ships for like $25,000 each.
That or they sell tickets to the attendees, and have a few sponsors as well like Doritos and Mountain Dew or something.

WHAT? They sell tickets?!? holy shit

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
25. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 16, 2014, 09:39 {PH}88fingers

Harrowing wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 07:20:
BadIronTree wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 05:45:
I dont want to feed the troll... but every ship flies differently...
Even the same ship with extra weapons and or with cargo will fly differently... The physics are real in the game ... The game is more sim than arcade and its NOT for all people... get over it .

All the physics in the world won't make up for the fact that the most effective way of flying your ship is "turreting".
It currently has the worse flight mechanics of all modern "space sims".
They need to improve it by listening to people who actually fly other space sims, instead of peasants like you who think flying in SC is awesome.

Oh I agree that the mouse turreting needs to be fixed, and I'm sure it will be. And I play with a Warthog HOTAS as well as Pedals.

Also have Elite Dangerous, there's room to enjoy both games.

13. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 15, 2014, 22:08 {PH}88fingers

Wildone wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 21:17:
So far, the core ship flying experience SUCKS BALLS. The ships wallow around like fat whales its a chore and feels horrible. Dont care what they say about the FCHCHCHSXEHC flight system..it FEELS BAD.

you obviously have never played because the ships are super responsive. have you tried the M50?
There are tons of videos showing people flying around with great skill, so unfortunately your troll is easily debunked.

4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 15, 2014, 20:23 {PH}88fingers

I know alot of hate, but for those interested in Squadron 42, here is the latest update from the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUDfQjGVmn4
there's some other updates from the other studios at that same link

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 14, 2014, 13:33 {PH}88fingers

This one is pretty good: Spider Oak

https://spideroak.com/

'Zero-Knowledge' privacy means the server never knows the plaintext contents of the data it is storing. Never. Therefore, the data is never at risk of being compromised or abused by either internal threats or external hackers.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
72. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 14, 2014, 12:35 {PH}88fingers

Citizen P wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:54:
... I'm cool with it taking a long time, and I'm cool that my money is going to dream project - that may, or may not live up to my expectations. I spent money I could afford, on a gamble, that I can walk away from win or lose - with no regrets, and a possibility for something really awesome.

+1

54. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 11:59 {PH}88fingers

grudgebearer wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:35:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 10:36:
Which you're perfectly entitled to do. The advantage of episodic is that it gets the game out quicker and it allows CIG to incorporate feedback into future episodes. This isn't a traditional game - it is based very much on community feedback. The Next Great Starship was a great example of that, as the winner was voted off twice by CIG but ended up winning.

What I don't understand is why people are getting annoyed by how much the game is raising. If you're interested in the game then that money goes to improving the quality and depth of the game; if you're not then it doesn't matter. When I backed the game I wasn't expecting it to end up such a success and have so many compelling features added to it. Nobody was forced to back it - those who want to pass or wait until it is properly released can do so.

Star Citizen is an amazing project and I love watching all the behind-the-scenes videos, browsing the forums and seeing the game take shape. I haven't been this excited about a game since the original Unreal Tournament.

Jesus...if this game doesn't pan out to be the greatest game in the history of gaming, you are going to need to be institutionalized for the catastrophic mental breakdown you are going to experience.

Just the sheer amount of time you must spend watching and reading information about this game, and then defending it every chance you get must be utterly exhausting.

hahah why do you care how much time he spends reading about Star Citizen? I also have had a great time following the project and am enjoying the ride.
Once the game ships, if it sucks and I end up playing the game half the amount of time I spent reading about the making of it, does that somehow rewind the clock in space/time and make the past following the game less enjoyable? Does the amount some people have as expendable/hobby cash make you jealous because clearly some people are wealthy.
The more money wealthy people put into Star Citizen as well as just growing the amount of backers, stands to make the game that much better. As I said earlier, obviously there has to be some trust in the developers involved.

19. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 16:37 {PH}88fingers

painless42 wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:35:
I dont have s dog in this fight, huge Wing Commander fan back in the day, but I haven't backed this yet. At this point I'm beginning to wonder if its even possible for this game to be good enough to satisfy the community. I'm sure it will be good, and most likely great, but I don't see how it will be good enough for people to get 3, 4, $500 worth of value out of it. Its been so successful, that I think its now nearly impossible for it to live up to its hype.

only $30.00 is required for the full game on release. Single player Squadron 42, Persistent Universe, and it has been a while since I last checked but I believe tools for private servers etc.

17. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 16:31 {PH}88fingers

I also pledged for it, as well as having the Elite dangerous beta.

I'm also glad for the others who have pledged so we may have a chance at this game being made. Hopefully they don't waste too much of the money and most of it being put into the game instead of as profits to the owners. Obviously there is also the balancing act on how much is being paid to the 280 people working on the game.
If you trust Roberts to make a solid attempt at it in good faith, then I don't see how putting up $30.00 is that hard to do.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
80. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 9, 2014, 15:20 {PH}88fingers

I gotta say it's starting to look pretty sexy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Che433zZGJ4

16. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:22 {PH}88fingers

Verno wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:16:
Limited quantities of a digital ship? Ok I'm gonna go back to not following this games development, peace out

Here is what they say regarding this:
"890 Jump sales are limited for the same game-balancing reason as the Idris; it's a big part of our universe, but it shouldn't be everywhere at launch."

13. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:14 {PH}88fingers

well you guys better be ready for some more Million Letters cuz they are about to release the 890 Jump ship which will sell in limited quantities (total 3,500 units) for $600 each.
That's 2 million right there.

I guess we will find out in 2 days if they sell out or not.

And that's just what they announced or Friday. I'm assuming more than 1 ship will be revealed.

*disclaimer I will not be buying any of these, just informing.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
6. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 4, 2014, 16:06 {PH}88fingers

no doubt they will be late, I just still have hope a good game will emerge from this.
Squadron 42 won't be out until well into 2015. I think it should be a good single player experience though.

looking forward to it

183 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo