Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 238 (Novice)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2015, 10:36 {PH}88fingers

America! fuck yeah!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
124. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 09:18 {PH}88fingers

I in no way am saying the Democrats are any good. But cmon:

for realz

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
121. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 08:26 {PH}88fingers

And no one who truly understands these issues is surprised....

Wait until the propaganda machine starts turning its gears. Republican voters who never heard of this, and wouldn't care if they were left to their own devices, and don't even use a cell phone or internet, will be up in arms over this.

There's about half a dozen men responsible for fucking up this country by lying to the public who in turn aren't educated enough to make their own conclusions and have nowhere else to turn but to listen to a "trusted" authority figure. It is a tragedy.

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
23. Re: DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing? Feb 25, 2015, 13:38 {PH}88fingers

on Nvidia 970: I laughed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZJrsssPA0  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
17. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 12:49 {PH}88fingers

I have bought every console pretty much at release over the years and then hardly ever use them(after wasting hundreds and hundreds on game purchases). PC gaming has always had the hold over me.
This is the first generation where I have still not gotten either the PS4 nor the xbone. Looks like I finally came to my senses and figured why waste the money when I don't even use them. (that's not counting having to buy several ps3's and several xbox 360s due to red ring of death and the ps3 eye sensors or whatever breaking, and this is with hardly any hours of use) Was literally throwing money away.

So this will be my 1st crack at this game, looking forward to it.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
79. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 08:14 {PH}88fingers

I still don't understand how it's a bad thing that rich people help fund the game for the rest of us...

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
50. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 20:07 {PH}88fingers

so none of this shit you can earn, can affect the actual Persistence Universe, yet everyone here is saying it is pay to win... ???

here is a video for those interested in actually listening to how it is implemented now. And as they have repeated over and over, none of this is final, they will adapt to the good ideas from the backers, as they have been on the rest of Arena Commander.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCo-XTDZfw

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Next Month
3. Re: Cities: Skylines Next Month Feb 10, 2015, 22:03 {PH}88fingers

cool I'll also be checking to see if this turns out well for a possible purchase  

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
41. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 8, 2015, 12:29 {PH}88fingers

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:08:
Illumin wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 10:36:
Yeah its stupid to trust in a company that is crowd funded and gives regular development updates with modules you can try for yourself! I like the old EA approach of showing cut scenes that have nothing to do with game play in fancy 150$ collector edition boxes. Companies that don't put out demo's of their product before a game is released etc etc. Talk about sheep.

There's a demo of the game? How odd! I've only heard there's a hangar module and little space arena to fly around in. I didn't realize the game was finished and there was a demo for it. Direct us to it will you.

Wry

I didn't realize the game was supposed to be finished when Cutter says it should be finished.
What we have available at the moment shows what kind of flight model they are shooting for and in a few months we should have much more to play around with.

For those interested, a new Design post is up:
Design: Shilds & Management

28. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 22:36 {PH}88fingers

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 20:43:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 20:17:
I have been traveling as well and haven't been able to load any of the new latest patches, but I was also loving the flight model the last time I played. I will probably end up waiting on the multi-player ships before I play again but so far I am very happy with their progress. They are aware of the HUD issues and are continually working on it, as they know it is a huge part of the experience.

Is it just me, or does it feel like the flight model handles the same during the races as it does in outer space? I would expect less inertia in the atmosphere as the ship should be able to use the atmosphere to turn more sharply (should also result in a lower top speed through frictional resistance).

Yeah I don't think the races is meant to be "in atmosphere".. it is all outer space for now. Maybe someone more knowledgable on the subject could comment, but any atmospheric flight will be only implemented far out in the future after release, so it's not really something I'm counting on to be completed any time soon.

27. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 22:34 {PH}88fingers

Wildone wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 21:48:
lol did you say 'flight model'?! Its utter horseshit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 20:43:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 20:17:
I have been traveling as well and haven't been able to load any of the new latest patches, but I was also loving the flight model the last time I played. I will probably end up waiting on the multi-player ships before I play again but so far I am very happy with their progress. They are aware of the HUD issues and are continually working on it, as they know it is a huge part of the experience.

Is it just me, or does it feel like the flight model handles the same during the races as it does in outer space? I would expect less inertia in the atmosphere as the ship should be able to use the atmosphere to turn more sharply (should also result in a lower top speed through frictional resistance).

Wildone I have no idea what you keep ragging on about, I don't know if you have some sort of computer problems or what but the flight model is pretty awesome. There are hundreds of youtube video's showing some really skilled players pulling off some pretty damn sweet moves with de-coupling. I still have a ways to go but with my HOTAS it feels pretty damn good.

22. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 20:17 {PH}88fingers

19. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 17:30 {PH}88fingers

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 17:08:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 16:42:
I said the same thing about six months ago: how could the money continue to flow in like this? Certainly by now, nearly two years on (as it was six months ago), everyone must have gotten in at the level they wanted? But a few people on that thread said they'd bought in that week. So I guess there are still people buying in, upgrading, acquiring new ships, etc.

Of course. That's why CIG have optimized their ship pipeline and taken it away from the Austin team to Santa Monica where Chris Roberts is residing to supervise the process himself. It's a finely tuned money making machine by now. They start selling ships at the concept stage and regularly bring back crowd favs in the sales events.
Many folks have turned into ship collectors and just buy ships regardless of whether they have a real use for them. Like a "just in case" buy. Or they get peer pressure'd into buying. Can't let someone else have something you don't have. It has definitely all turned into some kind of Monopoly meta game where people compete over $$$ spent.

The average "pledge" out of a pool of 748,536 people is at $96.46 right now so given an undoubtedly high number of entry level pledges, it's easy to imagine that on the other side of the spectrum, many people have built fleets worth thousands of dollars over the past 26 months. And those are the ones buying every single (concept) ship sight unseen the moment it hits the store.

And those are also very rich people who are helping fund this game for everyone else. I don't cry for rich people parting with their money

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2015, 18:46 {PH}88fingers

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 11:59:
Well if our entire country were about the size of California, we wouldn't have such problems laying out fiber everywhere either.

That classic bullshit line doesn't pan out, sorry buddy nice try. Why aren't the big cities in the U.S wired as fast as other countries at their price then? Seems to be the big U.S cities are pretty densely populated... or am I mistaken?
And now look at a country like Estonia, which isn't densely populated at all, how are they able to kick your ass? magic? Why be an apologetic for the sorry state of broadband in the u.s, why be their lapdog.
Why aren't the big cities in the U.S wired like Seoul? Magic?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
23. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2015, 12:49 {PH}88fingers

Not all of Canada is that bad. In Quebec I was running 30mb for CAD54/month (equivalent to USD 43.00) + CAD 10.00 (equivalent US D8.00) for unlimited options. (Granted it would be CAD30.00 for the unlimited if I didn't subscribe to the cable tv plan too. (having at least 2 services qualifies for the $10 unlimited internet add-on)

The 60mb option is CAD69/month (equivalent USD 55.50) with the same unlimited options.

ISP = Videotron http://www.videotron.com/residential/internet/residential-internet

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
37. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 26, 2015, 10:04 {PH}88fingers

haha on this occasion I agree with you w/ regards to the troll label. Luke is pretty obvious  

News Comments > Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month
4. Re: Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month Jan 22, 2015, 20:32 {PH}88fingers

yeah I'm also waiting on this to be completely done and then I'm pretty sure ill buy,
btw anyone here tried this? Good game?

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
16. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 14:07 {PH}88fingers

I'm not the ignore type, so that's fine. Just pointing out... not sur how to reply cuz your post history is quite clear... and if you think the way you phrase things with regards to SC isn't talking shit at all, well I doubt I can help (in SC threads, in ED threads etc. you post about SC in almost every ED thread that came up.. You telling me you were saying positive things?)  

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
14. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 13:54 {PH}88fingers

Instant Karma wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 13:31:
Another Star Citizen post for the haters to gather around.
How can there be so much vitriol towards a game that someone feels they have to spew on it every time there is a post?
What wasted emotion...

Yea I know it's pretty funny that guys like spectralmeat come on every single SC post to talk shit about it and then I remember the one time I sorta copied that attitude with ED(which I regret and apologized) and then Nin comes in and chides me for it.

Nin how bout chiding these guys once in a while too? or it seems you enjoy doing it as well with 1 liners and then calling out others? =\
Or Spectralmeat who said "just ignore the trolls"
So are you calling yourself a troll ? Cuz you do this on every SC post

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 10:20 {PH}88fingers

hey nin, I have nothing against this game, and sorry if seemed like it, I guess the negativity around rubs off
I might give this game a try in the future if more content is added and the problems associated with economy bugs are fixed.
That's actually my biggest concern for SC is hacking/economy bugs/hacks. As good as a game is, the cheaters always ruin it for me. I sometimes understand better why solo play is what many people want.
I can go back to thinking about Asheron's Call on PVP server Darktide and having so much fun... and then the botters came. =(

In anycase, getting back on track, I hope this game (Elite Dangerous) gets some fixes and added content and becomes a great game.
I have a Warthog hotas waiting to be used on good games

238 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo