Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 209 (Novice)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
16. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 26, 2014, 09:27 {PH}88fingers

I'm playing the paid version on steam at 2560x1440 with a R9 290 and so far it's running everything great at near max settings with the latest patch. Is there any way to skip the intro movies when I load the game?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
13. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 14:39 {PH}88fingers

Spectralmeat you forgot to put in your obligatory dig at Star Citizen on your post. Edit that shit in man  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
22. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 23, 2014, 18:09 {PH}88fingers

Kajetan wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 18:07:
Quboid wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 17:49:
People are concerned about SC because the devs are promising a hell of a lot - which IMHO makes similar feature cuts/delays almost inevitable.
RSI may have a tiny little bit more ressources available (and still rolling millions in) than Frontier Developement ever dreamt of.

You really cant compare both projects. They only share the same genre and setting, nothing more.

I thought Frontier got 90 million from IPO ?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 16:56 {PH}88fingers

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 16:02:
Ozmodan wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:37:
I think there are a lot of disappointed people out there because Far Cry 4 is not much of a blockbuster. Nice graphics and new area, but everything else is almost identical to 3.

What's wrong with that? A lot of people buy sequels because they loved the previous game. I would play a completely different game if I'm looking for something new. But If I want more Far Cry, I'll play Far Cry 4. That's how it goes.

Exactly. I loved FC3 so I bought FC4. Looking forward to playing it this week

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
26. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 16:50 {PH}88fingers

Kosumo wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 15:24:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 15:16:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 14:54:
Has anyone gone through the process of requesting a refund?
some special link I have to go to?
I will proceed with my request, I logged in a total of 15 minutes I think since I bought the Alpha and not only am I not impressed, the way Braben lied about shit warrants this move.

You have to put in a request through their e-store, same place you bought the Alpha.

Are you gonna cry like a baby when they tell you that they are not goning to refund you due to you having played it in alpha?

Did you not understand when you payed them money, that the game may not turn out to be everything you hoped?

What is it you don't like about the gameplay?

Why don't you in the future, wait until a product is finished and released to buy it if you are only gonna play 15 mins of the alpha?

Please tell me, what it was that failed to impress you?

Had you ever played any of the earler Elite games?

What bothers you so much that I am requesting a refund? Will you cry like baby when I get my money back? I bought the game so I could play when offshore with zero internet connection because that's what was promised. I will not be able to play now during those times.
Lie = money back end of story.
Game being shitty is just icing on the cake

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
19. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 14:54 {PH}88fingers

Has anyone gone through the process of requesting a refund?
some special link I have to go to?
I will proceed with my request, I logged in a total of 15 minutes I think since I bought the Alpha and not only am I not impressed, the way Braben lied about shit warrants this move.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
63. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 17:49 {PH}88fingers

LOL
Dacron do you really believe the bullshit you are writing, or believe that anyone else reading this will believe it?

"and I don't feel like waiting"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 15:35 {PH}88fingers

I agree, Far Cry 3 was awesome. First game I completed in years- and that right there to me means a shitload about how much I enjoyed it.
So I bought FC4 day 1.
Haven't had the time to try it yet, but looking forward to it.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
38. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 09:23 {PH}88fingers

Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 06:13:
Actually, the legal definition of theft is 'the appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it'. Given that copyright infringement does not deprive the copyright owner of said property it is NOT theft, as least from a legal perspective. However, that does not justify it.

Honestly, why would I care about the "legal definition" unless I was a lawyer or on trial? And really what is all this nonsense about semantics? Taking something that you have no right to take is at the heart of the matter, regardless of what you want to call it. All this silliness about semantics is pointless.

Exactly this.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 17, 2014, 22:41 {PH}88fingers

Flatline wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 15:33:
Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 12:25:
Oh he'll deliver SQ42 alright, he's not that stupid to break a promise like that. However, it'll be an hour long campaign and that's it. After that, everything will be online and monetized up the ass.

Well he did say that SQ42 would be the "tutorial" for SC. So maybe you're right about that.

Pretty sure they said just the 1st 10 missions would be bigger than the original Wing Commander and clock in at 25+ hours.

You can choose not to believe a word they say, but the reality will most likely be well over "1 hour" of gameplay.

News Comments > Evening Previews
7. Re: Evening Previews Nov 6, 2014, 07:53 {PH}88fingers

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 04:59:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 21:45:
And for people complaining about paying full price, take a hike. How many other games offer this bang for the buck? Skyrim? Fallout: NV? BL2? There are very few.

As for my intention to not pay full price, but to wait for a sale, or for a complete change of scenery, just pirate this fucker, the reason is not any perceived lack of bang for buck. Instead I do not want to support their asshole policy of (almost) indefinitely delaying PC versions, and for generally treating PC gamers like shrooms. A company like that is not getting full price from me. They can go and fuck themselves with the $4.99 I might spend on a complete version in a Steam sale.

oh look another " I'm proud to steal" douchebag

News Comments > Morning Previews
11. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 20:10 {PH}88fingers

yes brain surgery because I'm not jumping in on your awesome conspiracy theory? OK.  

9. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 19:44 {PH}88fingers

for those interested in what he actually said

His departure post

btw your post makes very little sense. First you say "a studio without any lead blah blah smoke weed" and then you say "there are other leads in Austin so his story is a blatant lie"

so which one is it?

6. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 14:49 {PH}88fingers

Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:41:
C'mon guys - there is a Star Citizen monthly update linked here and no one has said anything to bash Roberts or his cash cow. Where am I supposed to get my daily entertainment?!?

Don't worry, a Letter from the Chairman is coming soon since they hit 60 million. actually they are even 55% into 61 mil.

So the insults will be coming in soon enough, hang in there Prez

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2014, 11:51 {PH}88fingers

I find LastPass to work better in FF so that's what I use (and adblock)  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Documentary
4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Documentary Nov 3, 2014, 10:01 {PH}88fingers

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 09:50:
Try this link: http://youtu.be/v7jP2drkUXE

thank you!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Documentary
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Documentary Nov 3, 2014, 09:48 {PH}88fingers

When I click the youtube link to watch the video it says:
This video is private.

and I can't watch it?

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
72. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 3, 2014, 08:17 {PH}88fingers

Bundy wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 23:07:
Flatline wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:29:
I find it funny that you find the idea of scripted missions for ED to be really difficult to buy but the entire "do anything, anywhere, at any time" scope of SC is totally believable.

I'm not sure if ED will launch this year. They'll say sometime this week if memory serves. However, considering the jump between Beta 2 and 3, and the like 400 item checklist/bugfix between beta 2 and 3, the pace that they're going at is pretty good. A lot of systems have yet to be implemented yet from the design document. ED has a lot of expansion to go.

I don't find anything about SC to be entirely plausible. I just said I liked the combat more than I enjoy it in ED. But there seems to be a lot of people that are holding ED up on a pedestal and I can't help but wonder if they've played it. Because the game they're fawning over doesn't seem like that one I've been playing.

I'm with you on that... I have backed both ED and SC and I do not understand at all the adulation with ED, it really does feel like they are not playing the same game I am.

3. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 10:37 {PH}88fingers

NKD wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:32:
I have a hard time getting excited about the FPS stuff. I guess I just don't know how it's really going to fit into the game, and worry it will just end up being a shitty mini-game.

Yeah I'm not too sure how it will all turn out, obviously we will find out sooner or later, but from the reddit AMA with illfonic this sounded pretty promising, hope they can pull it off:

Question: Can you provide an example of the kind of gameplay experience you're looking for? Maybe a description of what an encounter between two players might be like in terms of lethality, weapons used, moves used, length of play, etc?

[]SC-FPS-Team[S] 1136 points 8 days ago

there are so many. lets just pull one randomly from the sky.

A Persistent Universe experience. I'm a stealthy, solo player. I find a wrecked ship, i know scavengers will be around soon. I find a crate and put myself in it. I let the scavengers take the crate and put me in their ship. When i'm on their ship, some time later, i get out of the crate. Very quietly, i rummage around and find some goodies i like. I steal those... now i can either - A) Jump out the airlock and call a ride or B) go to their engine room and self destruct their ship or C) quietly hunt and execute the entire staff and take their ship.... or Z) they could have scanned the crate properly before loading it, blasted it with their ship and me with it....

1. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 10:26 {PH}88fingers

The new patch was also released, alot of info on this:
Patch information

I am currently not able to play as am traveling but the forums seem to think it is MUCH improved flight model.
Looking forward to trying it out!

209 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo