Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2016, 16:51 {PH}88fingers

RE: Asus 34" monitor PG348Q;
I know prices will come down when more competition, (Samsung just announced a few) but I don't think I want to wait.. I'll be getting one of these in a couple months once QC issues are resolved somewhat and hope for the best on a pristine monitor

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access
6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 26, 2016, 21:48 {PH}88fingers

I was so looking forward to this game since Planescape Torment is one of my favs, great game. But after looking at those videos... not sure so sure anymore..  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 16:00 {PH}88fingers

oh yeah for sure once dx12 only games start rolling out just like the situation with intel and win10, most hardcore and medium gamers will be on this system.
I upgraded a while back due to this inevitability.
btw right now brazil and whatsapp, read up on it, the courts even shut it down for 12 hrs.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 15:11 {PH}88fingers

El Pit wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 13:30:
Owned by Facebook, low security, a true data magnet - I expect the Blue's News data security experts to have a field day with this even more than with Windows 10.

Then again - for most of those experts it seems to be alright to be spied on by their mobile phones.

Except that whatsapp is end to end encrypted. There were reports in June of last year that a metadata failure led to some arrests but metadata and full txt are two different things. And as per the article they were working to improve.
I am no defender of the big companies including facebook but until the security experts release information that their end to end encryption is false or whatever, bar a few other encrypted txt messaging apps, this one seems at least opting for a decent amount of security versus using sms which totally exposes everyone
article I reference

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
6. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 14:05 {PH}88fingers

I hear this is much improved from 2.0
I haven't given any of these a try yet, going to wait a bit longer for more content so I can't comment but the feedback seems good

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
40. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 15:24 {PH}88fingers

I bought the DK2 for USD 350 when it came out.
I sold it on ebay 2-3 weeks ago for USD 500.00
profit

edit- oh and my thoughts on it, I never felt sick or dizzy or anything like that, but in the end I never used it much. Tried a few rollercoaster demos and shit like that but that was pretty much the extent. Doubt I will be buying this on release; Unless some killer game comes for it or something..

News Comments > Minecraft Sells > 22M
11. Re: Minecraft Sells > 22M Jan 5, 2016, 08:29 {PH}88fingers

NKD wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 06:19:
And the game sales are just the tip of the iceberg. The money they make off merch is fucking insane. Anyone who thinks MS paid $2 billion just for PC/Mac sales is literally retarded.

What are you saying?? That the people making decisions on spending 2 billion aren't as smart as Cutter?? Damn girl

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 1, 2016, 10:58 {PH}88fingers

Illumin wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 09:34:
I think that's part of the problem with getting Star Citizen out. Chris Roberts Micro-manages way to much, cutting out any creative freedom from people that are experts in their field. I'm looking forward to S.C but if its a flop its all on Chris Roberts head, no one elses.

and if it is a success it's all on his head too? Or does it not work that way

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
70. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 14, 2015, 16:14 {PH}88fingers

descender wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 14:57:
Of course they are still "trying to build the tech" FFS... no one ever has before and you have absolutely no right to claim if and when they should be able to "complete" it by. Just because you tried and failed in the past (miserably, every time) doesn't mean that any other developer will. With any luck their process DOES look completely foreign to you so they aren't accidentally following in your footsteps of failure. Listening to you talk about developing a space sim is like listening to Cheney and Rove talk about Iraq or having Bill Cosby give dating advice to your kids. Just shut the fuck up already.

You've proven yourself to be nothing but a blatant troll with no facts to back up any of the ridiculous claims and threats you've made. Did you think that the 3 months since your last post would make us all forget how wrong you have been about everything you've said so far? Are you still holding back all that "truth" and "facts" for the fake lawsuits you keep threatening to file? Your attempts to position yourself as some sort of white-knight for backers are obvious and kind of sad. Are you lonely?

The only likely result of this delayed development process is that the $3mil in kickstarter money gets refunded to the backers and then CIG won't have to rush out half-featured and buggy alpha's for impatient assholes. I still don't understand why CIG hasn't done this already, they don't need that $3mil in any way and it brings them nothing but strife, headaches and bad PR.

You seem to have it in your head that you are going to whine loudly enough to get the entire $100mil refunded or that Chris Roberts is going to finally tell you he spent it all on hookers and blow, both are absolutely out of the question so it's time for you to find something better to do.

+1 amen

39. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 08:45 {PH}88fingers

if you don't think a 3 monitor setup with sli is a 1% system, I don't think you know what you are talking about.

CIG should definitely be putting mass resources into this kind of setup in alpha software... ...

36. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 07:33 {PH}88fingers

loomy wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 21:01:
anyone who thinks this release is done because of derek smart has never worked in software. this release is done now because 300 people have been working on it for months. there is nothing ds can do to change that

finally a post that makes sense

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
12. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 14:43 {PH}88fingers

what about the driver issue with 980 Ti's overclocking or whatever it was. that fixed yet?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 1, 2015, 08:16 {PH}88fingers

What is better?  

News Comments > Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Concludes Next Week
1. Re: Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Concludes Next Week Nov 11, 2015, 21:05 {PH}88fingers

this series worth buying/playing?  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches
12. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 16:00 {PH}88fingers

heroin wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 14:27:
YES PLEASE! I still play Warcraft 3 every once in a while - it's still a fantastic game. They would be fucking morons if they did not finally announce Warcraft 4 by next year. And I would love if the graphics were very reminiscent of Heroes of the Storm, I really like the look & layout of that game.

Heroes of the storm is built on the SC2 engine, so I would hope that since that game was released over 5 years ago in 2010, that a War4 would use a new and better looking engine as we all know it wouldn't be released for another 2-3 years from now IF they announced it soon. wishful thinking and doubt they would use such an old engine

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
22. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 12:34 {PH}88fingers

it's not about being poor, it's about SLI being garbage.
I have a 980Ti which I upgraded from a R9 290 so I am far from "poor" yet after having tried out SLI a few times a few years back I will NEVER go that route again.
pure garbage.

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
9. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 5, 2015, 19:39 {PH}88fingers

Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 19:27:
Are you guys getting angrier every day? Almost every post from you guys is like "I'M SO ANGRY! GRRRRRRR" Furious2

Take a chill pill.

+1

News Comments > Star Citizen New Flight Model Details
5. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 29, 2015, 19:39 {PH}88fingers

Moog wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:35:
It's gone very quiet on the Derek Smart front of late.

What's happening with that?

he is preparing his class action multi million dollar lawsuit where also the feds, the ftc, the fcc and any other agency you can think of will descend on Mr Roberts and we can all finally rejoice that this scumbag oil salesman is finally in jail. no one should be extorting money like this clown has been with guns to peoples head. jail can't come soon enough

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
152. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 16, 2015, 14:23 {PH}88fingers

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 14:10:
Flatline wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:05:
That was one of the original kickstarter stretch goals. Back then the community was small enough that it probably wouldn't have taken much for people to say "dude just focus on the game" and had it have an impact.

Bitching about the name-recognizable talent actually tips over on my list of "probably not particularly fair" things to bitch about.

Now if it turns out he did spend 20 million on the cast, yeah sure get the tar & feathers. But we knew that hollywood actors were on the slate since like... Day 3.

The voice talent was a goal at the $5M mark:

Squadron 42 will feature celebrity voice-acting including at least one favorite from Wing Commander and 50 total missions.

He was planning on maybe bringing Hamill or Davies back to do the Admiral bit, and hiring no-names to work scale for the rest of it, probably at a total cost of $500K. The original idea never included Oldman, Anderson, Serkis, etc. It's $500K vs. $10M or whatever. He could have kept his promise for $500K and used that $9.5M on the game, IMO. There was no need to be this extravagant.

you assuming it's 10 million doesn't make it so.
As others have pointed out, doing this kind of work they don't get paid much and most of them were there short periods of time.

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
11. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 11:27 {PH}88fingers

As someone who always tries to use the leanest software, I never used GFE and now it looks like I will be forced to.
ugh

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo