Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 139 (Novice)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
9. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 11:41 {PH}88fingers

I actually played Rust for many many hours so I've had my fun for the $20 bucks I've put in; I'm really looking forward to what they will do with the new build, it looks great already. And btw, the new experimental build is fully playable. When you launch Rust in steam you have the option to choose new build or legacy one.

Oh and think about this, if Chris Roberts stated that RSI was working on another game, imagine how much shit he would be getting, this site would explode with vitriol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 11, 2014, 09:13 {PH}88fingers

USD 10,5 million in prize pool
pretty amazing.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 9
5. Re: SLI Jun 16, 2014, 08:41 {PH}88fingers

I had SLI once a few years ago and swore to never again.
Now I just save the money of that 2nd video card and upgrade a year sooner or something. SLI just is never worth the problems.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
27. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 09:11 {PH}88fingers

I also stopped playing about 2 weeks ago.
Got my Wizard to paragon lvl 310 and up to 2,2 million damage sitting in town but whats left to play for? keep trying for 1 wand?

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
44. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 12:13 {PH}88fingers

I'm still download the update. 2-5 hours left. Their servers must be getting slammed because I am no where near getting anywhere near top speeds. Currently between 250Kb/sec and 500 which is very slow. 30mb cable line.

Anyways I will also report my thoughts. playing at 2560x1440 with a GTX570.

I have a Sapphire custom Vapor-x R9 290 arriving in a week; so far the hangar has been struggling to run smoothly on my 570.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
10. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 10:20 {PH}88fingers

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/5757992/watch-dogs-pc-performance
Polygon: Watch Dogs is a hot mess on PC, stay away for now

I'll prob get around to buying it but not for a while.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization May 21, 2014, 21:15 {PH}88fingers

so in a game it's OK to shoot people and kill them but NOT OK to grow some weed  

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
10. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 11:09 {PH}88fingers

Yeah pre-ordered here, I have all the past Tropicos and they are fun. mostly the first time this is multi-player is probably a big draw, I have 4 friends who have never bought Tropico who will all be joining me due to this co-op and multiplayer functionality on this new version!
can't wait to play

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha May 17, 2014, 08:44 {PH}88fingers

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2014, 08:35:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 17, 2014, 08:10:
El Pit wrote on May 17, 2014, 03:40:
Yeah, let's all be harsh on this game and the people behind it. How dare they make you pay for early access to alpha and beta?
Seriously, let's be harsh on it. Anyone who backed SC at the time got full alpha and beta access as well as the final game for just $35, less than the cost of a regular AAA game. You can still pick up the game and alpha access to the DFM for $35. Meanwhile ED costs $150, which is three times the cost of a normal finished game. So yeah, fuck them.

And how do you like the Flight Module? Is it fun to play?

How about Far Cry 4, is that fun to play?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month
12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha May 17, 2014, 08:29 {PH}88fingers

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 17, 2014, 08:10:
El Pit wrote on May 17, 2014, 03:40:
Yeah, let's all be harsh on this game and the people behind it. How dare they make you pay for early access to alpha and beta?
Seriously, let's be harsh on it. Anyone who backed SC at the time got full alpha and beta access as well as the final game for just $35, less than the cost of a regular AAA game. You can still pick up the game and alpha access to the DFM for $35. Meanwhile ED costs $150, which is three times the cost of a normal finished game. So yeah, fuck them.

but Star Citizen is a rip off scam remember?

Release date for Dogfight is May 29th (single player only with some people getting the multiplayer as well, hopefully they can ramp up more people quickly)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 4, 2014, 13:03 {PH}88fingers

how long has DayZ been #1 now? seems like looong  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
25. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 3, 2014, 01:04 {PH}88fingers

Flatline wrote on May 3, 2014, 00:58:
{PH}88fingers wrote on May 2, 2014, 23:20:
nimski wrote on May 2, 2014, 22:48:
{PH}88fingers wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:52:
it's not stop and play FPS for a while.

It's when you are boarding a ship to capture it, you and your friends will board the ship and have to kill the current owners of the ship and then take control of it. Killing them in FPS, inside the corridors of the ship etc.

Also, lets say you find an abandoned space station or whatever, you land your ship on it, get out walk around to explore, and another person has also landed on the other side and all of a sudden a FPS firefight breaks out as you run into each other both exploring the same station or planet etc. (or groups of players exploring together)

Ok.. that's cool and all, but what game are your friends playing when you decide to board the ship? They will be flying their own ships most likely. So everyone will need to stop and come do the boarding mini-game. I'm just trying to think of how this plays out in reality.

The friends could also be in your ship. example: The Constellation is a 4 crew ship so 3 of your friends could be flying around with you manning the turrets etc. and you guys decide to board another ship to take it.

Oh yay. I will point out that the turret/rail shooter portions of FPS games are usually the shittiest parts of the game.

Now you're telling me I get to spend unlimited hours of playing that? Where do I sign up?

who put a gun to your head to play what you don't like? you must have some shitty friends.

most will most likely have npc as crew, and yes as a previous poster was asking, the npc's will be able to help you board etc. they probably won't be as good as humans though is my guess.

23. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 23:20 {PH}88fingers

nimski wrote on May 2, 2014, 22:48:
{PH}88fingers wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:52:

It's when you are boarding a ship to capture it, you and your friends will board the ship and have to kill the current owners of the ship and then take control of it. Killing them in FPS, inside the corridors of the ship etc.

Also, lets say you find an abandoned space station or whatever, you land your ship on it, get out walk around to explore, and another person has also landed on the other side and all of a sudden a FPS firefight breaks out as you run into each other both exploring the same station or planet etc. (or groups of players exploring together)

Ok.. that's cool and all, but what game are your friends playing when you decide to board the ship? They will be flying their own ships most likely. So everyone will need to stop and come do the boarding mini-game. I'm just trying to think of how this plays out in reality.

The friends could also be in your ship. example: The Constellation is a 4 crew ship so 3 of your friends could be flying around with you manning the turrets etc. and you guys decide to board another ship to take it.

13. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 20:52 {PH}88fingers

5. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 19:17 {PH}88fingers

FPS has been announced since the 3,250,000 goal.
"Ship boarding – learn more about how Star Citizen will allow players to conduct boarding operations."
November 12th, 2012

And then November 17th, 2012:
"Enhanced boarding options: melee combat, heavy weapons, zero gravity simulation, suit HUD options and EVA combat."

September 17, 2013:
" First person combat on select lawless planets. Don’t just battle on space stations and platforms… take the fight to the ground!"

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
24. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 11:13 {PH}88fingers

Jamil20 wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:59:
I'm not going to look up anything Asian MMO related at work. Can you travel the whole world without loading screens? I seriously doubt it.

Well I'm not that far in (only level 10) and I have never run into a loading screen, running through all the starting from zone to zone.
You can check out people streaming it on Twitch and they seem to be running around on horses from zone to zone with no loading screens.

20. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 10:42 {PH}88fingers

I'm going to have to disagree on these comments of the Engine never been used before in huge open environments.

An example: Archeage, an Korean mmorpg built on the CryEngine3
http://www.archeagegame.com/en/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcheAge

The game was released in Korea in January 2013 and has been in development since 2006.
I got invited into the Alpha for the NA version and it runs fine.

So unfortunately looks like you will have to search into your bags of [Concerns] for another one.

11. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 10:06 {PH}88fingers

In yesterdays 10 for the Chairman, Chris says DFM should be out in peoples hands by the 3rd week of May.

We will see if that is true, but regardless I am looking forward to trying it out. Too bad the Oculus Rift website now says shipments of DV2 has been pushed back from July to August. Really looking forward to trying out these two together.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 15, 2014, 19:43 {PH}88fingers

just ordered mine today, looking forward to giving them a spin this summer  

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
48. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:36 {PH}88fingers

not "almost" 200 but well over 200.

From the February report they had 212 and then the March report shows they hired many more in all the studios.

139 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo