Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 219 (Novice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
15. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 12:21 Primalchrome

Slashman wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 10:02:
I never saw the two games as competing. D3 is a different game from TL2 and I think TL2 captures the essence of what I liked about the previous Diablo games better than D3 ever could.
I thought TL2 was a better game than D3. The only thing that they needed to do better was develop a few memorable characters. There was no Deckard Cain analog... Honestly I'm shocked that people still play D3, but it has a thriving fan base. It felt very cardboardy and bland to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released
5. Re: Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released Aug 28, 2015, 11:54 Primalchrome

Frijoles wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 09:43:
Oh AoE.. how far you have fallen.
Laugh. This is exactly what I thought when I read the post. I still play AOE:II and can't understand for the life of me why people thought Starcraft was better. Hell, I thought it was better than Starcraft II as well.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Units Video
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Units Video Aug 27, 2015, 18:12 Primalchrome

Looking good... I wonder how much I'm gonna have to drop to get the Vampire Counts DLC. sigh.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
33. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 16:09 Primalchrome

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 16:01:
Like Call of Cthulu, the more cyberware you have installed, the more humanity/sanity you lose and risk becoming a sociopath or cyberpsychotic.
Hence the chick in the old trailer. Not sure if the player will be freelance merc or part of a police/corporate Cyberpsycho Hunter/Killer Squad. Just looking at the trailer you can posit that she had sub-dermal armor, reflex boosters, zeiss optics, cyberarms, and wolvers installed.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
31. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 16:01 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 15:48:
Has anyone actually played Cyberpunk - PnP - with any regularity? I don't know anything about it.
I played and ran campaigns back in the 90's. It is essentially lifted from Gibson's cyberpunk novels... Night City is Chiba city. Molly's razors are called Rippers. etc. Basically imagine the world of 2020 from the 90's viewpoint. Flying cars, LEO space stations, corporations control everything, East Asia (Japan) is the hub of the world, cybernetics are common among everything but the underclass, and you jack your brain right into the Matrix/Net. Most good storylines revolve around the anti-heroes trying to undermine some plot by the evil corporations. Like in D&D, the characters gain experience and become more powerful. Like Call of Cthulu, the more cyberware you have installed, the more humanity/sanity you lose and risk becoming a sociopath or cyberpsychotic.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2015, 16:11.

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com
6. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 10:40 Primalchrome

Desalus wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:28:
If anyone cares, Daggerfall and Arena are free to download from the Elder Scrolls website without having to make any purchase.
Holy cow! Thanks so much for this info! I had no idea. For years I've been telling my kids about playing Arena... It will be fun to show it to them.

News Comments > Funcom Announces The Park
7. Re: Funcom Announces The Park Aug 26, 2015, 10:39 Primalchrome

Hated Funcom after Anarchy Online....but gave them another chance with Conan. After hitting level 20 in Conan I had an acute realization of why I hated them in the first place.  

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
6. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 18:16 Primalchrome

There is no equivalent to Tiny Tina. grin  

News Comments > League of Legends Patch Plans
1. Re: League of Legends Patch Plans Aug 21, 2015, 12:31 Primalchrome

It's also worth noting that they will be relocating their NA server farm from the west coast to Chicago in about a week. The intent is to normalize pings across NA instead of having a 90+ms difference.  

News Comments > New TF2 Beta Game Mode
7. Re: New TF2 Beta Game Mode Aug 19, 2015, 14:25 Primalchrome

Man....I really wish they would make a QPong mode for TF2. I don't know how many LAN parties I hosted that devolved into chaotic QPong matches at 4am.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools
26. Re: The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools Aug 14, 2015, 14:44 Primalchrome

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 12:08:
Yeah, I don't get the vitriol surrounding the combat. I think it's fine. I feel like most people saying it sucks are just jumping on the fucking dipshit bandwagon that clueless Mack from Worth-A-Buy started.
Or maybe the combat really is a weak point in the game? It feels mushy, imprecise, and lacks challenge. If I had played it after Skyrim came out, it would have felt...decent. But after having played Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and SoMordor.....the combat in TW3 is very disappointing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 11:00 Primalchrome

Fingers crossed they make it a Netflix series rather than a movie. Oliphant should be onboard....that is the same character that he's played in half the productions he's been a part of.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 10:40 Primalchrome

Never got very far in D:OS. Tried twice alone and once multiplayer. It just felt very aimless and all over the place. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to play on rails, but I at least like some kind of clue as to what I'm supposed to do when solving a murder. And if that consists of wandering around talking to every NPC, cow and cat in a town....I'm afraid I have a backlog of more entertaining titles better suited to my time.  

News Comments > The International Results
30. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 11:13 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 23:07:
I'm a troll because you're some fat kid who can't play real sports and gets picked on by jocks? Awww, sucks to be you, huh? Son, fat, lazy, and stupid is no way to go through life. You fat little bastards need to get out of youur parents basements. Get some excercise. Try actually speaking to a female. Jesus, and people wonder why you kids are tubs of lard.
You know Cutter, I never blocked you because at one time you actually made some really good posts, but I don't know if I've seen one in months. I don't know what has happened in your life that has pushed you over into a nothing but troll zone....but I really miss the posts that were intelligent (while also scathing). Lately you just come off as a very unhappy person who can neither adapt to the world around them or appreciate how lucky they are to be there. Hope things look up for you at some point...

29. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 11:09 Primalchrome

Xero wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 07:53:
When you don't have to put your body through a grueling exercise to show your physically better than the average Joe and compete at the high level physically in whatever sport your doing, your not an athlete.

Any nerd can pick up a mouse and keyboard and be physically the same. ....
I agree totally about the term e-sports or referring to a pro as an 'athlete'. Video games aren't sports in the classic sense and most gamers aren't athletes.

That said, you should look into what the real pros actually go through on a regular basis to compete at the top level of some of the games currently popular. Many of those guys spend as much or more time working on their mechanics, theorycrafting, and teamwork than quite a few classic pro athletes. They also generally have a much shorter shelf life due to burnout of twitch reflexes by the time you're in your mid twenties.

6. Re: The International Results Aug 9, 2015, 16:25 Primalchrome

Wow. This is hilarious. Video game geeks throwing stones at progress.

It was just a few years ago that curmudgeons were howling about them stupid kids and their viddya games being the downfall of western civilization.

I don't know whether to laugh or just pity you.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2015, 12:42 Primalchrome

How do you like the old school mower? I've been debating picking up one....  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion Announced
20. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Announced Aug 7, 2015, 10:18 Primalchrome

Last time I played WoW (years ago...werewolf expansion, mebbe?) it had become a romper room where I was led by the hand and was only allowed to have a handful of quests because more than that would be too much for my wee brain. Is it still that way or did they continue the downward trend?

News Comments > Rocket League Sells 5M; DLC Next Month; Patch Plans
16. Re: Rocket League Sells 5M; DLC Next Month; Patch Plans Jul 30, 2015, 23:11 Primalchrome

Well worth $20. Unless you're not into having fun and would prefer to be curmudgeonly. Low entry point....high skill cap. Great to play regardless of the level of competition.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
39. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 30, 2015, 15:26 Primalchrome

InBlack wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 02:39:
LandrosRadick wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 16:29:
In regards to the license: Microsoft still owns all DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT rights of Mechwarrior and Battletech. Both in Trademark and Copyright. IGP (or Infinite Games Publishing, the original publisher of MWO) transferred their commercial license right (they paid Microsoft for) to PGI before or just after folding. So now PGI is a direct licensee developer, rather than going through IGP.

Any other company can do the same and become a licensee of the property and develop games, however PGI is pretty notorious for not wanting to share even a fraction of the community, a la being threatened by MWLL's expanding features and basically told the devs to shut it down or "else".

So what you are saying is that regardless of the Kickstarter this is not going to happen?
I don't think that PGI purchased the rights beyond the FPSimulator verison of MW. MW:Tactics (now defunct) was a tabletop style game and I'm not sure IGP sold the rights to or if they reverted to Microsoft.

Keep in mind that PGI's Russ Bullock has already tweeted support for Harebrain's new endeavor and has indicated that there is a creative IP sharing agreement already in place for models and artwork. So obviously PGI isn't standing in the way of this one.

219 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo