Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > The International Tourney on TV
4. Re: The International Tourney on TV Jul 17, 2014, 18:01 Primalchrome

Yakubs wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 16:58:
Actually it has more to do with the size of the International prize pool. But let's not let that stop us from trying to incite a LoL vs Dota2 fanboy war.
Don't be ridiculous, this is Blues. The very mention of any MOBA is met with nothing but disdain and yelling for kids to get off your lawn...

Why would a prize pool have anything to do with ESPN picking it up? Viewers equate ad revenue.....which is the grail of any organization. Almost every adult gamer in the US knows Steam/Valve/Gabe, so it is perfectly reasonable that a Valve game would make headway into being broadcast on ESPN. At the end of the day it's good news for any game trying to develop a pro scene.....even though Twitch or Azubu probably already has an entrenched position with the younger 'cut the cord' market.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The International Tourney on TV
2. Re: The International Tourney on TV Jul 17, 2014, 16:08 Primalchrome

League of Legends Season 3 Worlds had 32 million viewers. DotA2 will be lucky to have a quarter that many. I guess it's all in who you know.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 15, 2014, 20:51 Primalchrome

Really glad to see Steam Workshop integration.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2014, 11:30 Primalchrome

TheEmissary wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 11:12:
If you play or enjoy any type of online multiplayer it isn't quite as easy to simply choose not to buy it. More often than not if you want to continue playing an online game you are goaded in to buying the DLC or suffer reduced matchmaking pools or reduced number of populated servers running without the dlc.
It really still is that easy. It's a choice. If you don't like the way Battlefield DutyFall 2014 is handling their DLC, play a different title. There are plenty of options out there unless you're into something very niche. If you *choose* to buy the DLC, don't complain, just realize it is the cost of doing business.

I've quit plenty of games because of silly DLC taxes to remain relevant. But the flip side is that I've spent obscene amounts on other games because I enjoyed the experience I was purchasing/leasing/consuming.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2014, 10:26 Primalchrome

Cutter pretty much nailed it. If you don't like it...don't buy it. If publishers are incentivized to sell crap DLC, the trend will only grow. That being said, I tend to buy games after release (read: on sale) and then buy the DLC I want....or get the GotY edition. Some of it's great stuff like CivV, Borderlands2, or Xcom. Others....it feels like there is more DLC than the original game (and all of it is piss poor).  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak
15. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak Jul 10, 2014, 12:53 Primalchrome

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:46:
I remember reading that magazine, I might still have my copy somewhere.
I remember picking up that issue for no other reason than to find out what silliness KillCreek was up to.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
14. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 11:05 Primalchrome

Task wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:52:
I'm curious when a headline will say mech warrior online goes offline, since micro$haft is getting a quick buck from that as well by loaning out the license, it has a smaller or similar population to this game (as in extremely niche)
Not going to happen any time soon. They released the clan mechs a couple of weeks ago. This provides them a massive cash influx that should push it through at least another couple of years.

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
12. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:21 Primalchrome

Whatever happened to all the posts proclaiming TitanFall as the greatest FPS ever created? Anecdotal, yes, but I don't know a single person that is still playing more than a match or two a week.  

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
11. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:18 Primalchrome

Xero wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:18:
Actually they got a great idea. It's something Steam should look into.
Steam has been doing something similar for years. There are Free Weekends for different titles popping up every other week or so. There are also a number of f2p games available on Steam 365 days a year...

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released
8. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released Jun 20, 2014, 10:11 Primalchrome

ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:44:
descender wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 12:27:
We were too busy making these great guns worse.
TF2 as an idea and in presentation is fantastic. TF2 as a game is absolutely terrible these days.
(rolling eyes) You don't LIKE the game...but that doesn't make it terrible or unbalanced. Unbalanced means that there is an one loadout to rule them all. But....guess what....there isn't. There is no single loadout or team comp that I see across the board on servers. It is wildly varied from game to game....mod to mod... But that in no way makes it unbalanced.

And no, I don't play often any more, but I have two kids in the room playing on a consistent basis....so I get more exposure than I choose.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
27. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 20:00 Primalchrome

Here we go!  

12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 11:34 Primalchrome

I never really saw it as being designed as a competitive game... Kind of like UT versus Quake....Quake was capable of pro-level play while UT was designed to be fun. There are strong competitive elements, but the core design was for player enjoyment.

Though, if you want some strong teamplay action, TF2 with a few friends is a riot. Between the inter-class reliance and the wide variety of weaponry (while still maintaining class identity), it provides widely varying experiences regardless of game mode. I still play with quite a few of the original weapons or the early vintage gear and have a blast.

4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 10:11 Primalchrome

Still a fun game after 6 years... Steam Workshop and FTP has done a LOT for the longevity of this game. You can joke about hats and the like, but if that's all you see, you haven't spent much time with it over the years.  

News Comments > SCS Software Dev vs Valve
11. Re: SCS Software Dev vs Valve Jun 16, 2014, 17:24 Primalchrome

ASeven wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:09:
https://twitter.com/GranPC/status/478554937111371776

Apparently, the vulnerability isn't even fixed.

I find this to be an abuse of power from Valve. It's never good to have an almost monopoly of a market, in this case PC games digital distribution, because shit like this will happen.
How, exactly, is this an abuse of power from Valve? If I tell you that your front door lock is defective and I can pick it with these three little bits of metal....does that give me the right to thwart said lock and come in to use your kitchen and restroom as I please? Or even better, tell a community of anonymous dirtbags how to do it and perhaps exploit it in even more creative ways?

News Comments > Diablo III to "Heal" Broken Achievements
16. Re: Diablo III to Jun 11, 2014, 18:29 Primalchrome

For me, Achievements serve three purposes... Sometimes they're just recognition of a milestone, which I note and move along. Others recognize skill like lining up a 3 boat shot with a railgun in Leviathan or a pentakill in League of Legends. Finally....sometimes it's interesting to look through achievements and realize there is a different way to accomplish something or play a game. There have been a fair number of games I've gone back to just to revisit a scenario and solve it with a different tactic or piece of equipment.  

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
4. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 10:13 Primalchrome

Sigh. One step forward...one step back.  

News Comments > Magicka 2 Announced
5. Re: Magicka 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 10:27 Primalchrome

Loved Magicka.....just not sure if a sequel can do the original justice. (not that is has stopped so many other IPs) Guess I'll just hope for a Warcraft II or Assasins Creed II type of release....  

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
15. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 5, 2014, 15:15 Primalchrome

commonperson wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 14:16:
I knew people who used to work with White Wolf in the pen and paper industry (more as peers than as partners). This is back in the original WoD days. They weren't quite as shell shocked as WotC waking up as millionares but they did not handle success well (most of it going up their noses) and they were never a company with a clear vision or clean management. They probably looked at CCP and thought "they work like us let's join forces". Real shame since WoD was a pretty interesting product. I'm curious if CCP will ever sell the rights away.
Too true. I met Rein-Hagen and crew a few times in the 90's and it was this odd death spiral of plagiarism, arrogance, partying, and skewed perception of their relative importance to the world at large. From what I hear, MRH still believes he is the second coming... Laugh.

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
3. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 5, 2014, 10:54 Primalchrome

Wow...I would have never dreamed that CCP could be so rudderless. Stunning.

That being said, the quotes are laughable, biased, and at *best* coming from someone with little MMO knowledge. In WoD "Diablerie" allows a vampire to absorb the power/level/generation of a more powerful vamp. This is easily translated into MMO levelling up or getting skill points from quests/boss mob kills.

Prince of Persia, Assasin's Creed, or Titanfall style wall walking and terrain traversal would have been (and might still be?) revolutionary in MMOs. Climbing some ladders (AoC), Flying Mounts (WoW), or wings (Aeon) are all implemented to give greater mobility....but I'd love to see truly interactive terrain ala EQL via grappling hooks or the like.

News Comments > Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month
10. Re: Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month Jun 3, 2014, 13:01 Primalchrome

I'm hearing 12 hours of gameplay.....anyone have any real experience with that number?  

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo