Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 67 (Suspect)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
47. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 13:54 Primalchrome

Sounds like a reasonable number to me. I've bought a number of games as bundles and not played them all. Then there are those that appear on sale for <$5 and I figure,"How can you go wrong at that price?" Then I play them when/if I hit a lull.

Bioshock 1, 2, and Infinite for $15. Finished 1 and Infinite...haven't touched 2. There's a 33%'er right there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
66. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 23:34 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 23:12:
Same as all the millions of assholes who bought Kinects for the the Xbox which all now sit gathering dust.
But there is the key....they bought it. And by doing so funded gen 2.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about the cumbersome aspect (which has hampered 3D television adoption). But I think we're on the brink of seeing a lightweight version that will have both recreational as well as professional application. This isn't that VR rig we strapped on in the mall after seeing Lawnmower Man on opening night...

No, it's not going to be like Case slapping on a set of 'trodes and hanging with Dixie Flatline in the Matrix. But for the first time we're seeing a product that has the potential to make the leap.

Then again...I haven't yet put my money where my mouth is....you don't see any of old man Primalchrome's hard earned cash in their kickstarter.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
58. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 23:00 Primalchrome

saluk wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:54:
.. I just don't understand why Oculus did.
For the money. Right now they see it as funding the Rift they've dreamed of building. The dollar signs are clouding their view of the shackles they just attached to their ankles.

Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 20:53:
Can you really see your average household family of four sitting around the dinner table wearing these cumbersome things on their heads?
Someone said that about raising sheep in Farmville as well.... I also remember people saying texting was a Japanese fad...

News Comments > EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week
7. Re: EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week Mar 22, 2014, 15:46 Primalchrome

Stormsinger wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 15:32:
People purchased items for an -alpha-? Sheesh...
They bought items, early access, and the ability to template the accomplishments that they have achieved in Alpha...Closed Beta...and Live. All of which are genuinely valuable since you can carry them along as the game transitions toward live.

So yes, you are correct...but your derision is a bit off base.

News Comments > Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing
17. Re: Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing Mar 19, 2014, 22:33 Primalchrome

...are some of you serious? $19 is a deal breaker for you for access to one of the top engines on the market? I'd say that you're in the wrong industry/hobby if that is the case. Is it also going to be too much to buy the extra hard drive and spend the time to set up something really simple like a CVS repository?  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
82. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 12:17 Primalchrome

Krovven wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 04:23:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 00:08:
Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:06:
The inclusion of the AH was an attempt at dealing with these problems from D2.
Your naivete is very cute.

As is your idiocy. The AH was Blizz's answer to getting people away from dealing with shady 3rd party sites selling gold an items. They wanted a piece of that, hard to fault them for it.
My idiocy.... They put up the auction house to create a new recurring revenue stream from D3. It was put up for profit...not to fix anything. Do not try to attribute altruism to something obviously motivated by greed. Look, you're a Blizzard fanboi, I get that....but if you want people to believe you're offering logical arguments, don't let the BlizzLove bleed through quite o clearly.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
76. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 00:08 Primalchrome

Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:06:
The inclusion of the AH was an attempt at dealing with these problems from D2.
Your naivete is very cute.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest Feb 22, 2014, 03:06 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:21:
Gee, another 16 bit "retro" game. Sigh. Please, just stop. We had to play them back then. We didn't have a choice. Why would you want to drive a Model-T when you can zoom around in a McLaren F1?
Not sure if you meant this to be humorous or not...since the McLarens were built in the early mid-nineties which is relatively close to the same time you saw a lot of the 'retro' games you're talking about.

Why would you want to drive a McLaren F1 when you could own and drive 10 Ariel Atoms for the same price?

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
28. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 12:50 Primalchrome

Seventyfive wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:09:
007Bistromath wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:02:
I have not been paid to say that Titanfall is the best FPS that has ever been made

I 100% agree.
This is HIGH praise. Which makes me very skeptical of comments like this being made about a product still in beta. Best FPS ever made...mmmmmmm.....

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups Tonight
9. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Tonight Feb 11, 2014, 20:23 Primalchrome

briktal wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 20:12:
(requires Origin account)
Ah. Thanks for the info...
>breaks out pencil and scratches a line through Titanfall<

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter
14. Re: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter Feb 11, 2014, 13:04 Primalchrome

AlexSledge wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:57:
For someone who mentioned a more Dungeon Keeper like experience, look to Dungeon Forge (still in Kickstarter, and it appears they can use your love) - which is another that looks quite full of potential for me.
I really like the look of this. It reminds me of Neverwinter Nights and the toolset that came with it (moreso than Dungeon Keeper). I'm always very hesitant to put down money on Kickstarters, but Dungeon Forge might very well merit my hard earned dollars....

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
9. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2014, 16:53 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 14:55:
most people will never even get the chance to experience it?
That is a non-factor. Has nothing to do with the quality of the game and by that reasoning, PC games would be eliminated for being platform exclusive.
Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 14:55:
And D3? Cereal? This is why award shows are bunk and no one takes them seriously.
That's probably the best example of a stinker winning. That should have gone to DOTA2, hands down.

6. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2014, 12:49 Primalchrome

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 11:33:
The Last of Us winning for "Most Innovative" is a start...

That's a great game but it's a zombie-themed action-adventure game, there's nothing innovative about it other than the fact an action game is well written.
Whereas I agree in that Papers Please should have taken the Innovative category, I disagree that there was nothing innovative about tLoU. It was more than just a zombie-themed game in the same way that HalfLife was more than just another demons from hell shooter.

There were a few of the awards I think should have gone to other nominees, but on the whole I didn't think it was filled with bad choices.

3. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2014, 11:00 Primalchrome

What exactly is a crock? The fact that Last of Us swept the awards or something more specific?  

News Comments > Amazon acquires Double Helix Games
7. Re: Amazon acquires Double Helix Games Feb 6, 2014, 15:12 Primalchrome

Kindle Exclusives!!! Amazon acquires the Ouya!!! Amazing pseudo-tablet android consoles for all!!!

This makes us happy, right? Right? Someone tell me that's right....

News Comments > Dark Souls II on May 31?
5. Re: Dark Souls II on May 31? Feb 3, 2014, 15:57 Primalchrome

Ugh...I really need to go back and play Dark Souls. I bought it on Steam when it was on sale...kind of on a lark. Heard a mixture of horror stories and awe from some friends and put it on a back burner.  

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
3. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 10:51 Primalchrome

Just to foster the illusion of continuity, I hope id takes Carmack up on his offer....  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
19. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 11:47 Primalchrome

Wait.... A commander, 60fps and 64 players in a game is INNOVATIVE? Starsiege Tribes had that 15 YEARS AGO!!!  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
25. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 00:49 Primalchrome

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 00:12:
Fantaz wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:04:
DOS Days > All

Loadhigh="hahanoway.sys"

I had like 6 boot options and getting Ultima 7 to run with sound and a mouse driver suckkkked. D:
Ahh yes...the good old DOS days. Buy Dark Sun: Shattered Lands for $60+ from EB...then realize you couldn't finish due to a bug. I think after talking to SSI's support it only took 4-6 weeks for them to ship me the floppy with the patch on it.

News Comments > Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES
24. Re: Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES Jan 6, 2014, 17:09 Primalchrome

Wait...is this Blues? Where are all the "GABE IZ TEH ANTIKRIST! STEAM IZ TEH 3VIL! DRM!!!" posts?

That being said...I'm tempted to buy one for the living room just to replace the laptop that I have hooked up to play games in Big Picture Mode.

67 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo