Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 145 (Novice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
8. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 28, 2015, 23:32 Primalchrome

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 23:11:
If all you are buying is the license then you can sell the license! The retards who love steam and online DRM can now eat shit because they like to claim "we don't own the game, we've only bought a license to use it!" Well if that's the case, we can sell our license!
With a great deal of software, you cannot sell or transfer a license.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free League of Legends Soundtrack
3. Re: Free League of Legends Soundtrack Jan 28, 2015, 21:28 Primalchrome

Slick wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 21:24:
what bullshit, of course they give this away for free now only so they can charge for it later. but of course it's ArenaNet, so it's to be expected. I bet they strip the BGM out of future titles only to sell as DLC. fuck LoL, they're the most evil fuckers in the industry.
....and this should be quoted for posterity. I'll refer back to it on every post of yours I see. Hipshot with zero knowledge.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
14. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 28, 2015, 17:29 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 14:27:
I could see how it hurts their sales. I peruse the Steam store daily. I only log into to Origin when I want to play an EA game. I never peruse the store. You're losing a lot of impulse purchases that way.
This. Plus gimmicky gameplay.
Neither of those things are conducive to a huge long term playerbase. I wouldn't have bought it on Steam at release because regardless of the marketing hype, it was an unimaginative FPS trying to trade on the idea of big stompy robots. However...when it hit the 9.99 level and popped up during a Steam sale I probably would have picked it up just for an estimated 10 game hours of big stompy robot fun.

They coded it and marketed it to the ZING BANG WOW console crowd with no effort to develop a longstanding product. Once the next ZING BANG WOW title came out it started collecting dust. Think about how many of these types of games are popular for more than 3 months, let alone a year?

Then look at the people playing CounterStrike, WoW, Team Fortress, Diablo, League of Legends, Civilization V, etc.... Totally different design and approach.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
14. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 14:14 Primalchrome

Masters of Orion 4? (drool)  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 21:44 Primalchrome

You don't like the games I like. You're stupid. GG. (drops mic)

I almost feel like I'm in kindergarten again. Though, 40 years ago saying 'you're stupid' wasn't a hate crime....

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
38. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 17, 2015, 16:08 Primalchrome

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 08:58:
Why is everyone so shocked when any f2p title becomes pay-to-win? I don't know a single title that is not.
...You realize that you discredit everything you said after this sentence, right? It either means that you have an agenda, are too lazy to do five minutes of research, or you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I can list three without even thinking about it.
League of Legends
DotA2
Team Fortress 2

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
7. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 19:51 Primalchrome

You paid for early access to a beta product on the opening weekend and you're surprised that there are issues logging in and lag in the game.

Precious. Just precious.

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
1. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 16, 2015, 19:48 Primalchrome

I love how, in the US, having sex is the ultimate evil whereas slaughtering children only shows maturity.  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
7. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 15:48 Primalchrome

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 14:59:
Hearthstone should pick up a bunch of those awards but it won't.
The only one I can see it deserving is Mobile Game of the Year...which it should get, judging by the competition.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
14. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 18:34 Primalchrome

DangerDog wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:09:
DayZ was suppose to be a quick turn around project, repackage the mod as a stand alone game ...
I like to think that after being forced to play it, the QA team realized how horribly janky and buggy the mod/game is... Then when they tried to fix that, they were in WAY over their heads. The mod and now game both are fun, for a beta product. I don't expect that classification to ever change.

News Comments > GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS
18. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 10, 2015, 14:29 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:58:
It's pretty heavy.
There's that word again. "Heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
35. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 9, 2015, 11:43 Primalchrome

Slick wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 06:28:
HL3 exclusively on steam machines isn't a stretch of the imagination at all.
(eyeroll) Yes. Yes it is. Valve will not sacrifice the golden goose on an altar of experimental projects any more than Win10 will run exclusively on Surface Pros.

News Comments > League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming
8. Re: League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming Jan 6, 2015, 13:54 Primalchrome

Satoru wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 11:30:
Most games, LoL included, tolerate >50m latency as it's basically assumed as part of the net code. Modern games are designed at their core to smooth out latency differences between users. Such that LPB and even high latency users essentially get the same 'game'.
There are a variety of different approaches to leveling the playing field with regards to minimizing the effect of latency. None are perfect. And none result in the same 'game' for each player perspective. It may be more 'fair', but the core experience differs and is hopefully minimized to the point that the player doesn't notice. There are trade offs depending on if you utilize prediction, trust, or colocation. This is less a factor for filthy casuals like myself, but in top level competition that is seeking legitimacy, it does become a point of contention. Hence the fact that Riot (and possibly Valve in the near future) want to address it. They have a significant financial stake in the future of esports, (I detest the term, but don't know of another that works) so this is a real thing.

It amazes me when you look at the millions of dollars flowing through the scene now and then look back and see how early organizations like the CPL struggled and failed.

News Comments > League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming
5. Re: League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming Jan 6, 2015, 11:26 Primalchrome

Lag is a huge factor in just about any high level of play. The ping difference between east and west coast is generally over 100ms and has been a major point of contention for years. Lag spikes that leave you a second or three behind gameplay can throw an entire teamfight that the game may hinge on.

And for anyone yammering from the 'get off my lawn with your new fangled twitchy games' angle...keep in mind that 15 years ago broadband users also received all kinds of hate for being LPBs (low ping bastards) in Quake.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta
8. Re: Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta Dec 23, 2014, 17:51 Primalchrome

Hopefully it will be like Loki's Minions CTF mod with an offhand grapple.  

News Comments > ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY
5. Re: ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY Dec 22, 2014, 10:44 Primalchrome

Drunk missle launcher.... Stripping a heat seeker off you with a torch on the wall... Dog mode.

Wow. I can't believe how many hours I spent playing with friends over a 4800 baud modem.

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
15. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 19, 2014, 23:30 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 20:56:
Sucks to be a one trick pony.
This. Despite all the yapping at release about it being the "FUTURE OF FPS", this game was one dimensional. It had a stompy robot gimmick....but it was about as complex as a matchlock.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 14, 2014, 21:50 Primalchrome

harlock wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 21:28:
plenty of people are really fucking stupid
The Wizard's first rule : "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true."

Love that quote.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Resumes
8. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Resumes Dec 12, 2014, 22:09 Primalchrome

This is very unlike Valve. I hope this lack of foresight (let alone QA) is not a sign of things to come.  

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
2. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 10:18 Primalchrome

I'm still on the fence with Xenonauts. I really want it....but everything I read makes me feel like it's a <$15 title. Sigh.  

145 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo