Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 184 (Novice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Terraria Patched
10. Re: Terraria Patched Jun 30, 2015, 20:34 Primalchrome

I've kept backups of character and world files on my Google drive. Makes it easier moving them back and forth between gaming machine and laptop for travel.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Terraria Patched
6. Re: Terraria Patched Jun 30, 2015, 18:37 Primalchrome

That's kind of the beauty of Terraria. It doesn't need mods. You can play it as a straight up sandbox or you can go through it like it a progressive game with mini-bosses, Bosses, and End Game Bosses. Take a look at the Terraria Wiki. Make your initial searches for pick, sword, and boss to get a feel for the scope of the game itself. The Guide (npc) in the game has a Crafting dialogue that allows you to drop materials in a slot and see all of the recipes available. The merchant sells a piggy bank and safe that helps with inventory management later in the game. Other than that....just have fun...  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Analysis
16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Analysis Jun 26, 2015, 14:10 Primalchrome

Task wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:33:
Take Witcher 2 on steam for example, only 16% of people that own it on Steam have actually finished the game on any difficulty.
I have hundreds of hours on Skyrim and haven't finished it.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
17. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 11:17 Primalchrome

Another real world reason for not pre-ordering or buying Early Access. With the rare exception, I've been waiting a minimum of two weeks after release to purchase a game. By that point you're getting unpaid reviews and patches...and even then they're suspect.  

News Comments > Anarchy Online Testing New Engine
8. Re: Anarchy Online Testing New Engine Jun 21, 2015, 10:30 Primalchrome

Did I play the same AO as you guys? I was there at launch for about the first three months and it was nothing but a pain in the ass. The first month you'd get stuck in terrain and buildings and have to petition for a GM to come and teleport you out. The second two months I was running instances while reading a book because it was so simplistic. And as a Fixer I was supposed to be shit hot on the Grid....but that really didn't function properly until like level 20...and only minimal functionality (from what they promised) then. Oh, and how fun was loot? I used the EXACT same submachine gun from level 3 until I stopped playing....I had to sell just about all my loot except that exact model, but a level higher. Wooo, the DIVERSITY!!!

Nope.

News Comments > Battlezone Return Plans
5. Re: Battlezone Return Plans Jun 16, 2015, 14:08 Primalchrome

Right there with you guys. I clicked on the trailer link with stars shining in my eyes. Instead of moonbases and cold war hovertanks I get the Lawnmower Man?  

News Comments > YouTube Gaming This Summer
16. Re: YouTube Gaming This Summer Jun 13, 2015, 11:21 Primalchrome

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 11:06:
P.S. nginx + rtmp takes practically 0 resources so that's not an issue
True, but I think you're missing the point. What makes Twitch huge is the social networking...not the underlying technology. They're as successful as they are but up until a few months ago their app for iOS and Android was horrific. Anyone can stream, but no one is going to watch unless there is a conglomerate site.

Google/Youtube could be huge...but the visceral reaction right now is not to the site, its tech, or its userbase.... It is to the way they handle DRM. Way too many stories about streams going offline for a short while because it was reported or the auto-DRM thought it picked up some music owned by ZaibatsuCorp. That will not fly with streamers or viewers and will make YouTube's service a non-starter.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 11, 2015, 23:48 Primalchrome

Picked up Darkest Dungeon and Valkyria Chronicles. Not really alot out that I'm looking for right now.  

News Comments > Master of Orion Remake Plans
26. Re: Master of Orion Remake Plans Jun 9, 2015, 22:39 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 18:22:
Some of you guys really need to do your home work before jumping to conclusions.
I didn't say anything about your friend....so consider your personal bias in the matter. Your buddy is the only possible diamond in the rough...and only for a game he created 18 years ago. Personal feeling aside, the truth is that neither company has a notable track record on anything resembling MoO.

22. Re: Master of Orion Remake Plans Jun 9, 2015, 18:15 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 16:08:
I seriously doubt that. You seem to forget get that they bought out Gas Powered Games. And I happen to know they are working on this game too.
I didn't know that...but even that doesn't give me a lot of hope. Age of Empires Online anyone?

I was never impressed with S.Commander....though I've purchased TA and core contingency multiple times over the years just because of it's massive scale.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M
32. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 9, 2015, 18:05 Primalchrome

Now that we're a few patches in, I'm much happier with the game and don't regret the purchase any longer. There are still a few annoying bugs that need addressing....but nothing that is ruining the overall experience. I only wish they would have done a little more QA before release....and then it would have deserved the stellar day one reviews.  

11. Re: Master of Orion Remake Plans Jun 9, 2015, 12:56 Primalchrome

No optimism here. Wargaming's dev model is incompatible with anything remotely akin to MoO. They will dumb it down, make it f2p, and sell golden antarian ammo for cash.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2015, 11:10 Primalchrome

Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2015, 13:52 Primalchrome

You know.....I've been looking forward to playing this game for weeks. I finally get time. Update to 1.03... And all I find is a steaming pile of dogshit. This is a horrible port. I can't rebind movement keys. I have to hack up the input.settings file to get the bindings I want....and the next time I run the shit game it screws up keys that I DIDN'T rebind. 30 minutes in and I still don't have the control scheme to a functional place. I should have gone the damn console monkey route and just used my 360 controller.  

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
18. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 15:08 Primalchrome

Frijoles wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:27:
Are you saying they should do fuck all against cheaters and instead add a new hat? Can't say I agree with that.
...No. And you're well aware I wasn't saying that. I'd rather they kick/ban cheaters and be very vocal about the fact. I'd rather they fix major exploits, but continue using as much dev time as possible to improve the game a as a whole. H1Z1 needs a LOT of polish.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
11. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 11:23 Primalchrome

Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2015, 10:21:
And thats the problem. Instead of fixing bugs, companies just ban someone. Its cheap, it makes you feel good and it does not change a thing.
You know...if a dev group has 5000 man hours to put into a game this month, I'd rather that they use it toward improving the player experience or fixing real bugs. Why would you want them to waste the time obfuscating traffic or code to get a temporary reprieve against cheaters?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 17, 2015, 18:01 Primalchrome

Totes McGoats.  

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
5. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 12:42 Primalchrome

I think this is what it feels like to be a 10 year sober heroin addict when your buddy gives you the wink and nod....  

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
25. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 20:19 Primalchrome

Valve deserves a cut. Bethesda deserves a significant cut. The modders are building off of an EXISTING FRAMEWORK. And guess what, Bethesda getting cash incents them to provide better modding tools...more hooks... Maybe something like this is what Firaxis needs in order to make a decent Civ VI SDK.

So now, thanks to all the howling and whining....modders get jack shit. Good job guys, way to champion the little guy. But we all know it wasn't about that...it was about entitlement, now wasn't it?

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
2. Re: King's Quest Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 22:07 Primalchrome

I really loved the Kings Quest series when I was a kid/teen, but lost a lot of respect for Roberta Williams and Sierra later. When Sierra folded, she gave an interview and essentially said that the average intelligence of gamers had dropped significantly and they couldn't appreciate her work any longer. ...and thats why the XXX Quest games weren't selling well any more.  

184 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo