Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 170 (Novice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
18. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 15:08 Primalchrome

Frijoles wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:27:
Are you saying they should do fuck all against cheaters and instead add a new hat? Can't say I agree with that.
...No. And you're well aware I wasn't saying that. I'd rather they kick/ban cheaters and be very vocal about the fact. I'd rather they fix major exploits, but continue using as much dev time as possible to improve the game a as a whole. H1Z1 needs a LOT of polish.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
11. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 11:23 Primalchrome

Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2015, 10:21:
And thats the problem. Instead of fixing bugs, companies just ban someone. Its cheap, it makes you feel good and it does not change a thing.
You know...if a dev group has 5000 man hours to put into a game this month, I'd rather that they use it toward improving the player experience or fixing real bugs. Why would you want them to waste the time obfuscating traffic or code to get a temporary reprieve against cheaters?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 17, 2015, 18:01 Primalchrome

Totes McGoats.  

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
5. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 12:42 Primalchrome

I think this is what it feels like to be a 10 year sober heroin addict when your buddy gives you the wink and nod....  

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
25. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 20:19 Primalchrome

Valve deserves a cut. Bethesda deserves a significant cut. The modders are building off of an EXISTING FRAMEWORK. And guess what, Bethesda getting cash incents them to provide better modding tools...more hooks... Maybe something like this is what Firaxis needs in order to make a decent Civ VI SDK.

So now, thanks to all the howling and whining....modders get jack shit. Good job guys, way to champion the little guy. But we all know it wasn't about that...it was about entitlement, now wasn't it?

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
2. Re: King's Quest Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 22:07 Primalchrome

I really loved the Kings Quest series when I was a kid/teen, but lost a lot of respect for Roberta Williams and Sierra later. When Sierra folded, she gave an interview and essentially said that the average intelligence of gamers had dropped significantly and they couldn't appreciate her work any longer. ...and thats why the XXX Quest games weren't selling well any more.  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
18. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 14:49 Primalchrome

I think most good mod creators are going to find their sweet spot with "Pay What You Want". There are a handful of mods for Skyrim in particular that I would have donated money had it been as simple as clicking a button. That said, I'm not paying a mandatory $5 to try your texture improvements or inventory manager unless I *know* it works well and won't be broken in the next patch.

This looks to be a good thing but my only two concerns are :
- Valve should only take a TINY processing percentage. 5% sounds reasonable.
- Publishers are probably going to go rabid with lawsuits if some modders start making serious cash. Most of them allow modding so long as it is not for profit.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Next Week
1. Re: Kerbal Space Program Next Week Apr 21, 2015, 12:33 Primalchrome

Science!  

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
27. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 20:36 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 18:32:
I'd wager my ad watching is minimal. Don't own a TV or cable service. I use adblock and ghostery for browsing. I'm very anti-logo.
Hey Cutter...not trying to provoke a rant or fight....I'm just curious. If you believe in supporting the little guy, why would you use adblock? Take Blues for example....that's one of the few revenue models available. Hosting ain't free.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
6. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 20, 2015, 23:22 Primalchrome

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 20:57:
People pay to watch these people play games? Talk about a bunch of people with no life whatsoever.....kind of sad when you think of it.
NBA...NFL...NHL..MLB...PGA...and don't get me started on the kiddie teams.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
67. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 18:08 Primalchrome

Beamer nailed it. Just look at the comments in this one article...and Blues is relatively tame in comparison so some of the "drink bleach" diatribes you run across on other social media.  

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
54. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 15, 2015, 15:22 Primalchrome

Slick wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 14:58:
has valve had an original idea other than Half-Life in the last 3 decades?

it sounds ludicrous, but it's a serious question.
Narbacular Drop was an interesting concept but NOTHING like what Portal became. Team Fortress 2 is a total re-envisioning of the original Team Fortress. If you don't see the originality in those items then you should simply say that no one has created a new FPS since Wolfenstein 3D or RTS since Dune2.

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
49. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 15, 2015, 14:10 Primalchrome

"not refunding a game..whine bitch moan"
That's amusing. The last time I tried to get a refund on a "yet another broken game" was Star Wars Galaxies from Electronics Boutique in 2003. Except in particular circumstances, no one refunds on games anymore and hasn't for over a decade. And yaknow...the reason I haven't had "yet another broken game" since then has largely been because I don't buy games in beta. I don't buy games on release day, particularly when the company selling them has a known track record for poor releases.

Agreed, Valve needs to improve their CS experience...it is abyssal for the level of product that they provide. That said, some of the complaints in this thread are laughable and only illustrate that some people can win the lottery and constantly whine because they had to pay taxes.

News Comments > Two Free Evolve Maps Coming
9. Re: Two Free Evolve Maps Coming Mar 13, 2015, 11:12 Primalchrome

Evolve is similar to Titanfall. It is a game with a fun, but very limited, gimmick.  

News Comments > MyRPG Master Early Access
5. Re: MyRPG Master Early Access Feb 27, 2015, 16:46 Primalchrome

I'm with Linksil.....wishlist and track. I'm not going to pin hopes and dreams on it this soon.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 11:12 Primalchrome

She has some genuinely good point.... But if you follow her for any length of time it becomes obvious that she's more interested in self promotion and orchestrating a pity party for herself rather than her cause.  

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
5. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 23, 2015, 22:42 Primalchrome

I thought Claw formation was better for single targets...  

News Comments > WARMACHINE: Tactics Demo & DLC
2. Re: WARMACHINE: Tactics Demo & DLC Feb 20, 2015, 13:20 Primalchrome

ROFL. Now that is funny. Wonder how many folks get the reference. That guy has been nuts for years.  

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
12. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 15:16 Primalchrome

I hope Blues 2.0 has voting like on Reddit. That would be more fun than just ignoring trolls.  

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
3. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 13:16 Primalchrome

I'm in my 40's, play LOL when time allows and actually watch LCS on Twitch....so it's not just those damn whippersnappers. MOBAs are a great formula for competitive games from a variety of angles. They combine the tactical aspect of RTS, the twitch of FPS, and the feeling of actually playing as part of a team. There is a reason that they have become by far the largest flavor of competitive video games.  

170 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo