Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bazza

Real Name Bazza   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BazzaLB
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Lurking on blues since mid nineties
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 19, 2011, 22:07
Total Comments 31 (Suspect)
User ID 56270

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 29, 2014, 18:09 BazzaLB

Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 13:55:

Too old for the first three games, but looks like he's old in this one.
No lie - I loved the first 3, only reason I bought a PS3, but I have zero interest in the next one after all the turmoil on that franchise. And while I enjoyed Last of Us, it simply wasn't as much fun as Uncharted. It didn't try to be, that wasn't the point of the game, but I just enjoyed Uncharted so much more.

My sentiments exactly. Plus, why change the character look? Change for change sake. Looks like different person. I didn't finish "Last of us". Just didn't hold my interest. Loved Uncharted series from start to finish.

Lurking on Blues since mid nineties
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
44. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 18:38 BazzaLB

Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 16:16:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:12:
Wow. Way too early to release this... Must be extremely feature light... Or... I'll be amazed.

They're out of money, so they kinda have to. There was an article, I think blue linked it, couple of days or a week or so ago that Frontier was in the red.

I think you mean they posted a loss. They are certainly not out of money as they actually have cash reserves.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
59. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 18:31 BazzaLB

I'm still waiting for red dead redemption  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 12, 2014, 17:57 BazzaLB

Cpmartins wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 22:21:
Starlancer, Freelancer. I'm sure there are other great games.
And make no mistake, if MS buys mojang and tries anything funny with it's licensing and modding community, the same modders will have a freeware version of it within a week. Maybe with a few different specs to throw off the dogs. The game itself is nothing special codewise. Some of the modders are far more capable coders than anyone at mojang.

Which makes it even more ridiculous that the guy might get 2 billion. Makes a mockery of your average developer. And yes, I'm jealous

News Comments > SimBin Declares Bankruptcy, Reforms as Sector 3
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2014, 17:53 BazzaLB

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 20:15:
BazzaLB wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 17:47:
SMS , The team behind project cars were the people mostly responsible for developing GTR, GTL. They split from SimBin after GTL.
It's too bad SMS opted to use the NFS Shift engine as the basis for Project Cars rather than the ISIMotor engine the Simbin titles used.

As a Gran Turismo or Grid competitor on PC it's ok (and certainly looks amazing), but it is not a sim. They certainly have developed the physics but the slant towards graphics over physics is apparent.

Hmmm, realy!? Have to disagree about it not being a sim, but thats pretty standard for this genre but thats fine, each to their own.

News Comments > SimBin Declares Bankruptcy, Reforms as Sector 3
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 17:47 BazzaLB

Rigs wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 14:48:
Far be it for me to be a Simbin fanboi, but I do own all of their greatest hits. While their marketing process leaves much to be desired, there's no denying they had some serious talent. I, too, wish they had focused on GTL2 and GTR3 instead. At least they're not totally dead. Hopefully they can pick themselves back up and blaze a new path to where they used to be in the genre. Regardless, Simbin will be missed. They made some epic racing sims that I put far too many hours any reasonable individual should ever admit to...

=-Rigs-=

SMS , The team behind project cars were the people mostly responsible for developing GTR, GTL. They split from SimBin after GTL.

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
22. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 18:16 BazzaLB

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 07:44:
The physics aren't as good as Assetto Corsa. They are better than the older Simbin titles though. Depends on which vehicle class you're driving. In some ways it's harder than Assetto Corsa but not for the right reasons.

This is purely subjective. AC and pCars are in the same ballpark when comparing GT or road cars or any of the more polished content. FG1000 in pCars is easily on the level of AC's formula Abarth for example and there's plenty more. To simply generalise and state AC is better is misleading really.

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
10. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 03:50 BazzaLB

I play rfactor2, Assetto Corsa and pCars. I love them all tbh.

The GT cars in pCars are now of a high standard and easily comparable with AC. It surpasses it in some aspects with regard to FFB and handling. The lotus 49 is much better in pCars than AC. It feels flat out wierd in AC. Having said that, I think rfactor 2 has the best historic (pre 70s) open wheelers atm.

Quite a lot of the Track cars feel brilliant in pCars as well. Its definately aimed at pure simulation. The tyre model alone is extremely complex.

I only race with a G25 Wheel and pedals (Human Racing GT Chassis) though so have no idea on the gamepad front.

Plenty left to do on pCars, but it is shaping up very nicely thus far.

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
32. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 19:03 BazzaLB

If they sold the initial release as "Early Access" the result would be the same but far less complaining. Heck, they could even have charged more for it as "special alpha access".

News Comments > Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video
10. Re: Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video Apr 29, 2014, 06:17 BazzaLB

Posted on behalf of someone from pCars forum specifically for blues forum

" I'm one of the lucky ones who is participating in the Project CARS testing and the above video has provoked some healthy discussion both around the web and on the Project CARS forum. There are a few things that need to be pointed out.

1. The track is far from finished. In fact, it has not undergone a primary 'polish pass' where inconsistencies with tree placement, tarmac colour etc etc are adjusted to more accurately portray the real life circuit.
2. The car being driven in Project CARS is an M3 GT4, a race-prepared version of the M3, so the whole suspension setup is naturally a lot more race-focussed than the road-going M3 (featuring adjustable shock absorbers amongst other changes from the road going version). "But why pick that car then?" some might ask, and the simple answer is that there is no modern road-going M3 in the game.
3. re. the physics of the game, René Rast - an Audi works driver, who just this weekend came 2nd in the ADAC GT Masters series race at Oschersleben - posted up a video of himself driving the same car he drove in real life this past weekend, with a setup closely mimicking his real life car setup, and posted a time in game just 0.025 seconds slower than his real world fastest lap time. He wasn't aiming for that, he just drove how he would in real life. Before anybody asks, René is not employed by Slightly Mad Studios and is on board the project just the same as all of us, to help develop, test and most of all enjoy driving this game. His videos are worth a watch - he is an incredibly smooth driver.
4. The creator of the video is one of the testers onboard the project, just like myself, and has produced many such videos previously. He is not employed by SMS to create these videos. To date, only one video released so far has been officially created by SMS - "The Ultimate Driver Journey" released late last week.

Hope that clears a few things up."

News Comments > Project CARS Trailer
7. Re: Project CARS Trailer Apr 24, 2014, 03:37 BazzaLB

Tom wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 00:16:
Ok, so it's got very pretty graphics, but how do the cars drive? Do they feel alive like in iRacing? Given the track record of this developer and the lengthy list of supported platforms I'm guessing not, if history is any indication.

Still might be worth getting just for the Nordschleife if the feel is at least decent, though.

You do realise this developer created GTR/2 and GT Legends right?

Anyway, the handling is really coming along nicely. The key is to dial in your ffb (which admittedly requires some fiddling with the debug menu atm). Once thats done, quite a lot of cars feel superb. Others are still being developed with specific tyres to suit.

All in all, its really coming together.

I play and really enjoy rf2 and AC too (in 3DVision)

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
30. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 18:27 BazzaLB

I loved the game but what impressed me most is they actually properly supported 3DVision with inbuilt depth and convergence sliders. They even fixed the aim crosshair for 3D after release due to request. That was fantastic support. Most developer's can't be arsed with 3D support and if they do, they rarely fix any issues for it after release (they typically break things instead).  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
28. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 15:58 BazzaLB

The only way this can fail to live up to my expectations is if it actually succeeds.  

News Comments > John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games
22. Re: John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games Jan 8, 2014, 16:37 BazzaLB

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 13:06:
When I played games they were made from text...if you were lucky! Had to trudge your 286 uphill - both ways - in the snow!

You forgot the howling wind and the fact they weighed half a Ton

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
43. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 8, 2014, 16:26 BazzaLB

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 15:11:
"Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
I'll believe it when I see it, until then this is the same BS as "up to 50% performance increase with these drivers"

If you walk right up to a wall, there may be a 45% performance increase. Every other situation....3% (Please ignore the odd missing texture or poly )

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
40. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 17:58 BazzaLB

I have trackIR. Had it fir years but I use it exclusively for flight sims. I'm a big proponent of sim racing too, but I don't use trackIR for that. For some reason I find it slightly disorienting when cornering. Others swear by it for sim racing though. Its a must for flight sims for combat / runway situational awareness.

You mention ETS2. Well, thats the only other game I use it for. Makes pulling out of intersections without causing pileups so much easier. Its very beneficial for ETS2.

News Comments > Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects
22. Re: Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects Jan 6, 2014, 17:57 BazzaLB

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:48:
I wish Telltale would do a NOLF sequel.

I still have NOLF installed. That was a great game. Didn't like the sequel as much. Still, wasn't that made by monolith using thier Lithtech engine? What does TellTale have to do with it?

Edit: sorry my bad... You're simply saying you'd rather see another NOLF rather than a Bond game. Fair enough, I agree, but probably not from TellTale

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wings over Flanders Fields
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2013, 17:31 BazzaLB

From all reports, the AI in this is very good. ROF AI less so. I play ROF (3DVision and TrackIR makes ROF a real treat to fly), my skills are matched by the ropey AI anyway  

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access and Demo
7. Re: Next Car Game Early Access and Demo Dec 23, 2013, 15:58 BazzaLB

I've been having great fun with the Early access version. Its an absolute blast. I'm playing it via Tridef in sterescopic 3D which enhances all the flying debris. The stadium is great fun with 24 cars. Doesn't quite work in 3DVision unfortunately. I managed to fix the smoke / dirt shader to add depth, but the shadows are proving a lot more difficult hence I gave up and used Tridef Power 3D mode instead.

Multiplayer should be a real laugh.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support
23. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 18:23 BazzaLB

Just tried the 3DTV support. I play all my games with 3DVision usually but the alpha doesn't really support it. The cockpit shows plenty of depth, but the Asteroid field and the asteroids themselves look pretty flat. Its like a 3D cockpit flying in front of a photograph of space. X-Rebirth 3DVision looks miles more convincing in that respect than this SBS alpha implementation.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2013, 18:33.

31 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo