Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bazza

Real Name Bazza   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BazzaLB
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Lurking on blues since mid nineties
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 19, 2011, 22:07
Total Comments 20 (Suspect)
User ID 56270

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
30. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 18:27 BazzaLB

I loved the game but what impressed me most is they actually properly supported 3DVision with inbuilt depth and convergence sliders. They even fixed the aim crosshair for 3D after release due to request. That was fantastic support. Most developer's can't be arsed with 3D support and if they do, they rarely fix any issues for it after release (they typically break things instead).  
Lurking on Blues since mid nineties
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
28. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 15:58 BazzaLB

The only way this can fail to live up to my expectations is if it actually succeeds.  

News Comments > John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games
22. Re: John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games Jan 8, 2014, 16:37 BazzaLB

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 13:06:
When I played games they were made from text...if you were lucky! Had to trudge your 286 uphill - both ways - in the snow!

You forgot the howling wind and the fact they weighed half a Ton

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
43. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 8, 2014, 16:26 BazzaLB

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 15:11:
"Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
I'll believe it when I see it, until then this is the same BS as "up to 50% performance increase with these drivers"

If you walk right up to a wall, there may be a 45% performance increase. Every other situation....3% (Please ignore the odd missing texture or poly )

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
40. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 17:58 BazzaLB

I have trackIR. Had it fir years but I use it exclusively for flight sims. I'm a big proponent of sim racing too, but I don't use trackIR for that. For some reason I find it slightly disorienting when cornering. Others swear by it for sim racing though. Its a must for flight sims for combat / runway situational awareness.

You mention ETS2. Well, thats the only other game I use it for. Makes pulling out of intersections without causing pileups so much easier. Its very beneficial for ETS2.

News Comments > Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects
22. Re: Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects Jan 6, 2014, 17:57 BazzaLB

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:48:
I wish Telltale would do a NOLF sequel.

I still have NOLF installed. That was a great game. Didn't like the sequel as much. Still, wasn't that made by monolith using thier Lithtech engine? What does TellTale have to do with it?

Edit: sorry my bad... You're simply saying you'd rather see another NOLF rather than a Bond game. Fair enough, I agree, but probably not from TellTale

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wings over Flanders Fields
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2013, 17:31 BazzaLB

From all reports, the AI in this is very good. ROF AI less so. I play ROF (3DVision and TrackIR makes ROF a real treat to fly), my skills are matched by the ropey AI anyway  

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access and Demo
7. Re: Next Car Game Early Access and Demo Dec 23, 2013, 15:58 BazzaLB

I've been having great fun with the Early access version. Its an absolute blast. I'm playing it via Tridef in sterescopic 3D which enhances all the flying debris. The stadium is great fun with 24 cars. Doesn't quite work in 3DVision unfortunately. I managed to fix the smoke / dirt shader to add depth, but the shadows are proving a lot more difficult hence I gave up and used Tridef Power 3D mode instead.

Multiplayer should be a real laugh.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support
23. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 18:23 BazzaLB

Just tried the 3DTV support. I play all my games with 3DVision usually but the alpha doesn't really support it. The cockpit shows plenty of depth, but the Asteroid field and the asteroids themselves look pretty flat. Its like a 3D cockpit flying in front of a photograph of space. X-Rebirth 3DVision looks miles more convincing in that respect than this SBS alpha implementation.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2013, 18:33.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
40. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 9, 2013, 05:16 BazzaLB

datachasm wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 04:16:
go read about the development of Freelancer on wikipedia... Chris Roberts already tried to make this game once. what happened? Microsoft bought his studio Digital Anvil and asked that they "tone down" the features.

Which was because the thing had been in development for 7 years and they fancied getting some return on their investment in under 10.

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
40. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 8, 2013, 00:33 BazzaLB

I hope David Braben is watching. I think he plans the exact same crap for Elite: Dangerous  

News Comments > etc., etc.
18. Re: etc., etc. Feb 13, 2013, 16:40 BazzaLB

Kickstarter fatigue doesn't seem to have affected Dreamfall Chapters. What a load of crap.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 1, 2013, 18:20 BazzaLB

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 15:38:
It will be for a tv, not iPhone.

A tv that is also a console and media hub

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed III Tech
7. Re: On Assassin's Creed III Tech Jan 13, 2013, 17:24 BazzaLB

These great new engines basically have abandoned support for proper stereoscopic 3D (3D Vision). Hollywood is going 3D it seems, whilst these new engines are dropping support for it.

Far cry 3 is playable in s3D, but only under dx9 (and after the usual Helix mods)

News Comments > Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced
90. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2012, 01:44 BazzaLB

My favorite Space sim was IWar2 : Edge of chaos. Playing that with my MS SW FFB 2 joystick was awesome. Great story, great flight model, piracy, trading. A modern version of that would do me fine.

I played all the X Games, but I have grown jaded by the fact that its more of a factory management sim than anything else. I like to be the lone trader/fighter in a small craft with an incentive to upgrade and explore.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Dogs and their tendancies Jun 12, 2012, 18:39 BazzaLB

Blue, here's my amateur theory on your dog peeing issue.

As dogs get older, they feel more easily threatened by other dogs around them. This leads to more pronounced territorial behaviour, especially in the presence of other dogs. I believe you have 2 dogs and this may be why one of them has started to mark his territory to re-establish dominance over the other.

I had 2 dogs at one point, after a couple of years of harmony, they started fighting and one starting peeing all over the house. Got rid of one dog, and the other one stopped his peeing behaviour.

Good luck, nothing worse than coming across unexpected stains of various age around the house.

News Comments > Project Cars Trailer
4. Re: Project Cars Trailer Mar 26, 2012, 17:59 BazzaLB

You can invest in this project and actually get a return on any profits as well as play weekly builds and have input on the game development itself. Check out the web site for details.  

News Comments > 2K Marin Layoff Rumor
2. Re: 2K Marin Layoff Rumor Oct 20, 2011, 17:16 BazzaLB

The strength in the Aussie dollar has helped kill the Australian Games development industry with far cheaper places (Canada) to outsource development.

I guess they could offer tax breaks to Games development companies, but my own taxes are ridiculous so I'd rather they handed me some tax breaks first as opposed to overseas companies. (Australia has to be one of the highest taxed countries with all its taxes, extra levies every time you turn around)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DiRT 3
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 3 May 25, 2011, 18:38 BazzaLB

Well, I personally think (and I seem to be in the minority which surprises the hell out of me), D3 has taken a HUGE step backwards in terms of handling from Dirt 2. Its back to the Dirt 1 handling which was pretty much gamepad or dont bother.

I have tried all sorts of settings for my G25 (on PC) with nothing giving the remotest of "Dirt handling". Brakes are better than an F1 car and grip is enormous even on slippy surfaces. Same problem Dirt 1 had. Dirt 2 handling was heaps better.

I am willing to concede that I am doing something wrong, so perhaps someone can post their wheel settings that have lead them to believe this thing is great.

Force feedback is vibrate and center spring! Thats it, Nothing else seems to even exist in this implementation.

I wasn't expecting another RBR, but whilst Dirt 2 was not RBR, it was a lot closer than this in my book.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
38. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 18:10 BazzaLB

The first couple of weapon switches in the video didn't use a menu, so not all hope lost  

20 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo