Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheRedfox

Real Name TheRedfox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2011, 19:45
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 56262

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
13. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 16:33 TheRedfox

NCSoft posted a $6M loss last quarter (rumored to be mainly from AION). It's a shame that CoH had to feel the pain from this.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow Aug 14, 2012, 23:04 TheRedfox

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 22:11:
Maybe if you took your head out of your ass, you'd be able to think more clearly about the thousands of people who pre-purchased already in order to play early during beta weekend events. Many of them are more than happy to have these stress tests (of which there have been many, about one per week) as an excuse to play for a few more hours before the release date finally comes.
There were 3 or 4 different stress test last week (1 was a short as an hour). I've been trying to log onto as many as I can. I don't try to experience anything new game play wise (want to save that for launch) but I figure the more of us that are on for the testing, the better the game will perform on launch date. Unlike the other poster you were responding to, I didn't pay so I could beta test, I beta test because I paid and want to squash bugs so I get my money's worth from day 1.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week
32. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week Jun 21, 2012, 19:54 TheRedfox

Frijoles wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 15:11:
Wonder if they're turning off various bits of hardware to force everyone on to a single system where they can watch the results. That'd make more sense for stressing something, and they could watch/tweak it during a regular workday.
Exactly. They had a bunch of servers(worlds) running over the last beta. My guess is they'll be directing everyone to one server in order to try and overload it. By only having one sever up instead of dozens, they can simulate the equivalent of multiple servers getting hit on a busy weekend. The time/day they choose will allow them to have a more controlled size group. If they ran this test on a weekend with multiple servers, they'd have to watch them all closely. With only one server up, they can closely observe its logs and see exactly how it holds up and what needs to be recoded (along with making real time adjustments to see how it handles the stress).

News Comments > On Portal 2's Axed Puke Gel
11. Re: On Portal 2's Axed Puke Gel Apr 25, 2011, 21:13 TheRedfox

It was a fun game but I hope they take all those hard levels and offer them for download as additional challenge maps. Nothing in Portal 2 stumped me, I enjoy a puzzle that makes me beat my head on my desk in frustration before I eventually beat it.  

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
80. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 15:11 TheRedfox

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 15:00:
Dev wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 14:57:
Tumbler wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 12:40:
I'm really happy with the purchase, I have portal 2 loaded on my PC and I can give my ps3 copy to my brother in law and he can play it on his ps3 and we can play it together! Plus I can trade it for a newer game in a month or so!
Pretty sure that valve designed the cross platform play so that a single copy of the game can't play co-op with itself on that copy vs the PC copy (I remember reading about this in articles about portal 2). I believe when you link the PS3 game to your PC steam account, it thereafter requires a different copy to co-op. Which incidentally will make it so used copies don't have the free PC copy, since it was linked to the original PS3, and linked to a steam account (steam accounts are non-transferable).
I am pretty sure you can create a new steam account on the PS3 version and use your own Steam account for the PC version. That way you can play the PS3 version of the same game against the PC.

I haven't tried that myself just an idea.
The PS3 version is linked to my existing PC steam account. I used the code in the package to install Portal 2 on my PC. The thing is, it doesn't require a code on the PS3 side of things, it just uses the system's PSN info. So unless they hid a key per PS3 disc on the disc itself, when you put the disc in a new PS3, it'll create a new account for that PS3's PSN account. You won't be able to use the PC code again (it's a one time code); the disc should be usable on other PS3s without issue (and each PS3 has it's own unique PSN account). The only thing you can't do is play with your PC and PS3 at the same time (since the PC's steam account gets associated with the PS3's PSN) but if you've got a 2nd PS3 (or a friend's,) you could use the disc in it.

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
62. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 14:23 TheRedfox

It plays like any Valve game; I'd hardly call it a port, just a multi-system release. There were a few twitch type puzzles in the 1st game that aren't in the 2nd. They would've been very difficult to do with double analog controllers so I can see how the game is rigged to play on both PC and console. The portals also seem to auto-align their angle in the new game (another feature that would make it easier for console controls). Both these changes would also help anyone who never plays FPS games on the PC too, so even they couldn't be called pure console stuff.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Store
35. Re: Portal 2 Store Apr 19, 2011, 19:40 TheRedfox

Due to rising costs, Aperture Science is implementing a new mandatory $1 security deposit for Companion Cubes. This refundable deposit will paid back in full when your undamaged and emotionally happy Companion Cube is returned to one of our many cube receptacles. These receptacles are conveniently marked and each located behind an Emancipation Grill to help illuminate their location. Thank you for choosing Aperture Science for your testing needs.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Store
33. Re: Portal 2 Store Apr 19, 2011, 19:08 TheRedfox

I've played a bit of the single player and I'm loving it. GLaDOS makes me laugh. If anyone else was home right now, they'd think I'd gone nuts with all the giggling at the computer.

I haven't looked the store, but as far as I'm concerned buying outfits is just like the $20 Sparkly Pony from World of Warcraft. It's just cosmetic and if someone has money burning a hole in their pocket, go for it. As long as Valve sticks with their view of not selling maps (or game altering content) because it fragments a community, I'm cool with them selling cosmetics.

News Comments > PS3 Steam Details
16. Re: PS3 Steam Details Apr 13, 2011, 15:49 TheRedfox

SirKnight wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 15:13:
For the most part I don't care about playing Portal 2 on the PS3, but since I get the PC version for free and I have Playstation Move which this game is compatible with I was curious to see how that works out so I thought what the hell and pre-ordered the PS3 version.
Last I read, it isn't Move compatible. It was the result of a translation error between German and English that started the rumor. Valve later posted that it was false and the Move wasn't supported.

I personally don't intend to play it on my PS3 but when I can buy for PS3 version for $35 ($55 on Amazon and I get $20 in Amazon credit) vs $45 for just PC version, I figure I might as well get the PS3 copy and save some money.

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo