Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nick C

Real Name Nick C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DNForever
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Long time reader
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2011, 15:54
Total Comments 237 (Novice)
User ID 56259

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2011, 13:18 DNForever

Never had one pulled but I guess it's a matter of time before I have to pay up for all the beer, coffee, sugar, and brushing only once a day although I do floss and many a dental student (2) have told me ACT restoring mouthwash is like magic potion, so I use that also.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2011, 23:39 DNForever

I still don't know how people can play with WSAD, it just isn't comfortable....something as simple as moving forward to the right mouse button makes all the diff in the world.

Thought I was the only one who used right mouse for move forward!! But I do put the left hand on WASD. W moves back, A strafe left, S strafe right, D for jump. E use. Etc etc etc

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2011, 19:30 DNForever

Really? I didn't think it wuold plateau as fast and as long as it has.

Well I was thinking about personal computers more than the others you mentioned - they could probably be better but going with the question of how it will contribute to games, I would say not much. I think games don't need to be made much prettier honestly, andI agree about Terraria, I got way into Terraria and Defense Grid a few months ago. I wasted 60+ hours on them combined, and it's not outrageous to think they could have been on Super Nintendo.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2011, 12:18 DNForever

Learning wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 16:17:
Time really goes by.And you know the older you get the faster it seems to go.I have a question,think back to when you played Doom,have computers come as far or farther then you thought they would since then?

I'm gonna say farther. So many of what I have right now on my mid level machine would have been unfathomable back then. Quadruple processor cores, a 500GB hard drive, 8 gigs of ram and a video card with 1gb ram?? Hard or impossible to imagine software that requires that kind of power too. My first computer was a Pentium 133 with like 8 megs of ram and a 1 gig hard drive. That's about a 500x increase in hard drive capacity and a 1000x increase in RAM.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2011, 12:29.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
56. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 17:44 DNForever

"even his wife", as if anyone including him gives a shit about his succubus? If you're a guy and you gripe to your wife about work, you need to find someone else to gripe to. How would she know anyways, she doesn't work there and like Dades said, this argument is VAGINAL.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
29. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 14:14 DNForever

Portal 2 was great and all but it's like, let's get this train rolling for real.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2011, 11:49 DNForever

As an aspiring public health professional (or: MPH candidate) I must applaud this use of social media/internet to continue awareness of a disease. Chronic diseases are pretty much unstoppable after a certain age, but infectious and transmittable stuff (and related factors like clean drinking water etc) are the ones we can control or at least contain. OK class is over.  

News Comments > Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans
24. Re: Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans Nov 21, 2011, 18:15 DNForever

our DICKS ARE SO BIG. we are EXPANDING and making GAMES THAT RULE. check out how AWESOME OUR GAMES ARE  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2011, 00:18 DNForever

I wonder if you could have pulled the arm up? Would have looked real silly though. Wipers can be hellacious to get attached, even the easy hook kind.

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 19:14:
DNForever wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 19:09:
My alternator died on the way to the airport in the rain and traffic a few months ago. THAT was a rockin' time! On that note, if any of you are ever driving and your windshield wipers start going slower and slower, you're not imagining things, your car's about to lose electricity.

I had a car, year ago, that actually tossed off one of it's wiper blades (thankfully the one on the passenger side) mid-swing, in the middle of a storm. It's was an older car, and I quickly noticed that the remainder of the metal arm was scratching the windshield, so I had to get out (in the pouring rain) and wrap it in duct tape (only thing I had on me at the time) to keep it from scratching the glass further.

Good times!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2011, 19:09 DNForever

My alternator died on the way to the airport in the rain and traffic a few months ago. THAT was a rockin' time! On that note, if any of you are ever driving and your windshield wipers start going slower and slower, you're not imagining things, your car's about to lose electricity.  

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
42. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 18:09 DNForever

These days it's expected that you can be found. If you can't, people wonder.

You mean like found somewhere physically? Because I know you don't mean on the fuckin internet. If you really believe this, give us your first and last name so we can google you, otherwise we'll wonder about you Beamer.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2011, 18:51 DNForever

I'm gettin a pizza tonight, large plain for 8 bucks comes to 8.55. Not the cheapest but still a good special, as this place has good stuff. Might even fire up some Royal Tenenbaums while I house that. Also I don't like square pizzas either, but one place around here has like a party size, 50 cut or something bigass square pizza that's kind of fun.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2011, 12:25.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 19:21 DNForever

After the 6th, the pitchers were going for overpowering strikeouts, putting it right in the zone as fast as they could, and the hitters were blatantly hitting for the fences. And both worked, for a while. It was unbelievable baseball. What a great game.  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2011, 22:42 DNForever

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 22:26:
There are these great devices called DVRs... just sayin'.

Indeed there are, but as I don't have one I don't know how it would change my TV habits which as of now are very low, ~2 hours a week. My friend uses his all the time and a guy I was hanging out with yesterday said he was DVRing the game. It's definitely become more common but for now I still prefer rent-to-own with Netflix and the local video store. If you can believe it, I still live a 5 min walk to a DVD rental place that isn't a chain and has all kinds of good movies. 4 bucks for 4 days but as mentioned I'll copy the movies if they're good.

One blow to my general non-TV nature has been Erin Burnett at 7pm on CNN. That's usually the time I sit down to eat, and I like to watch TV at dinnertime. Erin Burnett is really something. She reminds me of a girl I tried to get with 3 years ago - the perfect combination of sexy and pretty.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2011, 22:16 DNForever

Pittsburgh is seriously a ghost town when the Steelers are on. It's a great time to get stuff done, or drive around with no traffic. Yesterday I just couldn't bring myself to go inside at 4 to check out the game. I watched the last quarter and I'm thinking that's the best use of time - put it on at halftime or the last quarter, see the outcome, pow you're done.  

News Comments > Bethesda Calls DOOM 4 Rumor "Bollocks"
11. Re: Bethesda Calls DOOM 4 Rumor Oct 21, 2011, 12:39 DNForever

Don't think I've ever heard bollocks used verbally and maybe a few times in writing. I think most Americans know what it means or could infer from context, but it's definitely not widely used.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2011, 16:56 DNForever

Yardwork is a colossal waste of time  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2011, 09:35 DNForever

I like their cover of Sweet Jane  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 12:07 DNForever

Bill Watterson def. made the dad in C&H after his own image.  

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
184. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 20:31 DNForever

That was a good mission. A tip for the boss you're about to fight in dead city - shoot the rockets at the blue lights. Only use rockets against him also.

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 18:38:
Krovven wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 17:18:
It's quite sad really. Deus Ex, Dead Island, Rage, Red Orchestra 2, BF3 Beta game launches...these are all indicative for the state of PC Gaming.

Not that I disagree, but what was wrong with Deus Ex?

Btw, I just played the mission they had in one of their trailers, where you have to take out the bandits who make the car bombs, and it was a really awesome mission. Just the right amount of bandits, cool setting, great gunfights.

And I'm really enjoying the driving parts. Heck, I kinda wish they'd just made a whole game about the driving.

Haven't seen any more texture flickering except for the Bash TV part, so hopefully it was a one-off.

Creston

237 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo