Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nick C

Real Name Nick C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DNForever
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Long time reader
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2011, 15:54
Total Comments 237 (Novice)
User ID 56259

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2011, 11:40 DNForever

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2011, 05:25:
You know you're getting old when a gaming site you've visited for years (decades?) is discussing gas, kidney stones, pains and ills instead of games.

We don't discuss games here, we just complain about them and the people who make them, then do some industry analysis using abbreviations like "IP".

As for the pain, sounds like gas buildup, especially since it came and went. Constant pain is something you should check out, one hour pain is nothing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
64. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 13:46 DNForever

Krovven wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 12:46:
Multiplayer?

I played some the other day and it was pretty straightforward, but good. Instead of atomic health you get double damage, there's a Mortal Kombat-esque announcer, and I can't remember if there was armor or not. All I played was the Hollywood Holocaust port, which was awesome. I saw Duke Burger on the list too.

26. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 11:48 DNForever

Yeah like me. Thanks for clarifying, pussy.  

24. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 11:41 DNForever

Totally agreed. Why are people so outraged? Constantly posting about how bad it sucks just makes you look bad. I vividly remember about 2 months ago, people doing the same about a game named "Portal 2". OK if you don't like it fine, but enough explanation why. I've realized there's never gonna be a game that's universally acclaimed again, especially on a site like this where people seem to take video games REALLY serious. It takes all kinds to make a world I guess, even if that includes whining pussies.

LordB3ta wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 11:06:
Duke Nukem Forever is hella fun, everything I thought it would be, and I love it. It's become popular to hate it and everyone is hopping on the bandwagon to shit on our nostalgic parade. Don't play it on the consoles and don't expect it to be Call of Duty and you'll be fine.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 21:19 DNForever

On people using "linear" as a criticism - I think that's unfair and makes no sense. Video games are mainly linear, you move from one level to another, until you beat the game. Did you think Mario 1 was linear back in the day? If you were 8 yeard old and your friend called a game linear, would you remotely care about what that meant if you were having fun playing it?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 14:07 DNForever

Load times are normal and the game looks pretty good to me. Any game where your guy says "my balls, your face" can't be totally bad!!

I finished up to the Duke Cave last night - it's definitely fun and nowhere near as bad as everyone was saying. This morning I did some dukematching on the remake of Hollywood Holocaust and that was really fun - nothing fancy but good times.

Major annoyances are the popup tips (after the 3rd time I think I'll remember what my use key is. In fact, I knew what it was from the beginning), the girls voices (annoyingly high pitched, overdone), and the two weapon limit and resulting need for the use key to pickup weapons, which is especially distracting in multiplayer. It's met my expectations so far. I've also been playing Crysis for the first time in the past couple weeks, and this is nice variation - some silliness, different weapons and a funny character.

News Comments > Quote of the Day II
10. removed Jun 14, 2011, 11:38 DNForever

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 16, 2011, 13:47.

News Comments > Quote of the Day II
5. Re: Quote of the Day II Jun 14, 2011, 10:39 DNForever

Yeah, I play a lot of Tennis and see a lot of it going on, but not always high level. The couples. The families. The old guys playing doubles. Young guys hitting too hard and missing 3/4 shots. Inexperienced guys who don't know how to use variety. Women. When I turn on the TV or watch (periodically play if I'm lucky) the quarters and up of a local tournament, I see some good stuff. The point being, just because it's everywhere doesn't mean it's always bad. I'd rather eat McDonalds than a steak 90% of the time. Good old deathmatch is a formula that can't successfully be fucked with, yet these companies are gonna do so in the name of creativity.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2011, 10:45.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping
31. Re: kez@thesafehouse.org Jun 10, 2011, 14:27 DNForever

Despite my handle I haven't paid much attention to it either, and I'm with you on the Build nostalgia - the stock maps were good for Dukematching but the ease of Building maps put the fun factor though the roof. I made one with two bases high above a lava pit, with a single walkway connecting them. My friend made one where you jumped around on rooftops, that was a really good map. Holy shit I miss those days.

Kezzek wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 23:45:
The first one banked enough goodwill from me for a lifetime. Man, the memories of my buddy and I spending hour and hours putting together maps in the Build engine... Christ those were good times.

I never sweated waiting for DNF, didn't pay that much attention because it never seemed imminent. I didn't pay attention to any grandiose belching from Broussard either. None of this was any skin off my nose.

My aforementioned buddy pre-ordered DNF and posted a screencap of the Steam notice that DNF was finished pre-installing. I'll pick DNF up soon and we'll have some good reminiscing.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
16. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 6, 2011, 10:31 DNForever

What Duke 3D had was great maps, in my opinion especially the plutonium pak levels. There's not much you can do with a game if your map design isn't any good. I still haven't played the DNF demo and can't base anything off of screenshots, but these levels don't look good. Hopefully I'll be surprised when I play the game.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2011, 21:38 DNForever

Cutter wrote on Jun 5, 2011, 16:04:
Prez wrote on Jun 5, 2011, 11:11:
Still makes no sense. A guy is allowed an opinion.

That still doesn't make it right or popular.

Opinion = subjective belief, interpretation. By definition an opinion isn't right or wrong. And who cares if its popular or not, the guy was an NBA player who played on the same court as MJ. It's a team sport. It's Scottie Pippen's opinion and if I was him I wouldn't be as nice as he is on his twitter to all these people who got loud about him saying something entirely reasonable.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2011, 22:19 DNForever

These arguments are so pointless - best ever and so forth. There is no best ever.

I don't see the issue with what Pippen said - Jordan is the best ever and Lebron could be some day. What's wrong with that?? Lebron is playing right now, so it's more timely to go on and on about his play instead of Jordan. Certainly they're both egomaniacs so really who wins in the end?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
81. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 19:51 DNForever

No mighty boot? Well I guess Pluto's not a planet anymore either. I wish melee attacks weren't some fancy punch or pistol whipping, but a boot kick.

Dev wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 18:24:
jimnms wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:41:
That's another thing missing from the old Duke, where's my ability to kick shit?
They announced long ago that along with 2 weapon limit, there was no kicking.

58. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 17:54 DNForever

Thanks for the help, but I only preordered DNF on Steam and don't have Borderlands. Is Borderlands any good? Maybe I'll get it regardless.

Krovven wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:37:
DNForever wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:09:
Apparently if you bought on Steam you don't get the demo??

Open Steam, goto Library. Click Borderlands, far right side of screen there is a list of text links. Click on CD Key. Copy CD key, goto http://www.dukenukemforever.com/access and fill out the form.

24. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 13:09 DNForever

Apparently if you bought on Steam you don't get the demo?? Well I waited this long, what's another week or so. My already low expectations are even lower after the comments about the demo.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed
55. Re: Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed May 31, 2011, 15:05 DNForever

I saw a story about this on CNN this morning. I guess that says it all.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed May 27, 2011, 15:54 DNForever

No really I lost track a while ago, and surprisingly couldn't find it with a few google searches. Unreal 3 I'm guessing?  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed May 27, 2011, 11:25 DNForever

What engine is DNF using?  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Retrospective, Part 2
5. Re: Duke Nukem Retrospective, Part 2 May 23, 2011, 20:24 DNForever

I can't remember, they did have these "Terms Of Service". Everything about it was weird, for instance if you quoted someone who used a swear word, he would report you. The whole thing was just bizarre.

Ant wrote on May 18, 2011, 18:40:
DNForever wrote on May 18, 2011, 00:38:
Joe Seigler used to go around the AOL message boards and report people who used swear words or said anything bad about 3D Realms. He's such a fuckin slob.
Did AOL allow cussing on its message boards?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Retrospective, Part 2
1. Re: Duke Nukem Retrospective, Part 2 May 18, 2011, 00:38 DNForever

Joe Seigler used to go around the AOL message boards and report people who used swear words or said anything bad about 3D Realms. He's such a fuckin slob.  

237 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo