Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nick C

Real Name Nick C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DNForever
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Long time reader
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2011, 15:54
Total Comments 237 (Novice)
User ID 56259

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
168. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 17:19 DNForever

If you don't care about of PC gaming, then why are you posting? There is no need for you to be here.

I guarantee they'll fix the drivers. As long as there's been games on the computer, there have been driver issues, but it's very suspect for it to happen right when the game ships. I admitted that I haven't had problems with the game so all the name calling was pretty inappropriate, dude.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

165. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 17:03 DNForever

I'm sorry, but you say you can't see all sides because you don't have an ATI card. Are you completely fucking retarded that you cannot sympathize with those that do?

No, I just don't care. At all. I hope you don't get a refund, then cry about it for weeks and get mad and post on here. I look forward to reading it.

137. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 12:39 DNForever

I don't have a console except an 8 bit Nintendo, but times change, situations change. Pluto's not a planet anymore either. Maybe I'm not seeing all sides because I don't have an ATI card, but I find it hard to share all this anger. It's just not that big a deal to me because I have very little stake in the outcome. If PC gaming were to die tomorrow, I'd find other stuff to do.

Life is a zero sum game. You can't expect companies and other people to make it worthwhile for you. You have to just detach yourself from it all. Play the game or not, like them or not. Then get on with your shit.

129. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 12:06 DNForever

I think I'm about 1/3 of the way through the game, so my opinion could change, but I jsut don't see that this game is as bad as so many people claim, some of whom clearly haven't bought the game.

People will say they haven't bought a game or will wait for the "bargain bin" or a sale, and act like that's some judgment on the game itself. In reality, it means they have no grounds to say anything about the game.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2011, 17:05.

125. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 11:55 DNForever

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 05:54:
DNForever wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 23:26:
I'm usually playing 2 games, and nearing the end of DXHR it's like No Country For Old Men, and Rage is like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

It is clear you've seen neither of those movies.

I've seen both. Thanks anyways. Have a nice day!

42. Re: id On RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 23:41 DNForever

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 23:33:
DNForever wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 23:26:
Once you get over that, anything Carmack or Newell or whoever says, is here nor there.
I won't deny that. I will however say it is disappointing to see Carmack in that group. He more than most seemed to be "on the side of PC gaming" and clearly made his millions there. He has no need to cater to anyone else personally, but has done so anyway. Oh and yes, I realize this isn't breaking news... but it is disappointing none the less.

I agree, it is disappointing and hopefully they'll never totally drop the PC as a platform, but there are plenty other companies who will be happy to develop good PC games (Eidos Montreal, Crytek Frankfurt?)

33. Re: id On RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 23:26 DNForever

News flash: these guys don't at ALL care about you.

Once you get over that, anything Carmack or Newell or whoever says, is here nor there. It's just businessman talk. They're business people, in it mainly to make money. Consoles mean more money, so they gear games to the consoles. However I totally agree with what he said about technology vs. development. We are without question at the point of diminshing returns for game engines - how much further can graphics go? Is there a game you could do on id Tech 4 that wouldn't work on id Tech 5? Rage features the most story id has ever put into a game, and even then it's just a bunch of people telling you to run errands. But who cares, I kind of like it. I like the races and all that. It's a pretty fun game. I've had no problems on my machine (GTX 560 Ti), but I did just build it 6 months ago.

I'm usually playing 2 games, and nearing the end of DXHR it's like No Country For Old Men, and Rage is like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2011, 13:22 DNForever

Reminds me of stories about the U.S. years ago where politicians would have parties on election day and encourage the drunk party people to vote for them. To this day, some states have laws about liquor stores on election day, like they can't open until the polls close or are closed altogether.

I think that voting histories should be public and also peoples salaries, especially in corporations. Public knowledge available to everyone or at the very least everyone who works for the company. And I don't vote, but if I did I wouldn't care who knew that I voted for one person or the other, I mean what's the big secret??

Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 19:08:
For those that don't know, Ontario is holding it's provincial election today. Anyway somthing odd, and I think, definitely inappropriate just occured. Some guy from the NDP campaign just showed up at the door saying that they noticed I hadn't voted yet and they'd be happing to drive me over so I could vote. A) The shool is around the corner B) As I told him whether I vote or not isn't anyone's business as not voting is a choice as well. C) Even though he said he wasn't asking me to vote for them he was definitely implying I should vote for them.

No sir, I don't like it.

News Comments > PCGA Interview
17. Re: PCGA Interview Oct 5, 2011, 13:11 DNForever

If you hate people that sound intelligent I think the Tea Party has some candidates for you. Wasn't part of their initial pitch "we're just regular joes, donchaknow?"

What I meant was, I find that type of language has no effect on me. Yeah, I like good usage. But when it's bad usage for the sake of sounding intelligent and elevated, then I take issue. Unfortunately this happens so much it's barely worthy of comment, but every once in a while I like to get it out. I don't think it accidental that you said "sound" intelligent. Sounding one way and being another are often different, yes?

Your political thing was interesting (not) - but what exactly are you saying there? It was a funny assumption I must say. Actually don't answer that, because I don't care. I'm not asking you anything, so I don't expect an answer.

COROLLARY TO MY PREVIOUS LEXICOGRAPHICAL (AND RHETORICAL) POST

Your humble correspondent submits that features of writing which try to appear intelligent are immediately recognizable. The most salient of these are unnecessary word usage, verbosity. Since it's often easier to be dogmatic than democratic, I then conceived and posted my opinion ab ovo usque ad mala.

13. Re: PCGA Interview Oct 5, 2011, 12:28 DNForever

We really don't need more sponsorship, exclusive deals and all that nonsense. PC gaming is actually the last industry on earth that needs an alliance. Matt Polyhar har har is simply a useless human like the rest of us, who likes to sound important and run an "organization". Surely you know these types of people personally.

I have developed a serious hatred for maybe the worst form of the english language, University English (UE). UE is everywhere, but nowhere is it more annoying than in this context. We're talking about VIDEO GAMES, DUDE. This guy is throwing in all kinds of stupid extraneous bullshit words to sound important, and it pisses me off. These are the type of people who say "prior to" instead of "before", "individual" for "person", and wrongly use "indicate" and "utilize" because they sound better than "say" and "use". I won't even get started on "whom". This is not language snobbery, either. It's being aware of the tools that people like this try to use to elevate themselves, either socially or professionally.

6. Re: PCGA Interview Oct 5, 2011, 10:59 DNForever

ASeven wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 06:35:
The most useless organization in the gaming industry. The sooner they're gone the better.

That guy used a bunch of really big words! Really big words and VERBOSE answers. I wish I would have been smart enough to think of an organization like "PC GAMING ALLIANCE"!! Brilliant!! Godspeed, PC Gaming Alliance!

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
139. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 23:47 DNForever

Easy to install (I got the DVDs), easy to setup, looks really good, and the first mission was pretty fun. I like it so far.  

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
89. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 14:21 DNForever

Yeah I'm sure id shipped a busted game.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2011, 12:21 DNForever

As it stands, the only bane of existence is when you are not ghosting your system partition - failing HDDS i don't even care nowadays, if my system hdd fails i load up trueimage and pack my system partition (which is on network ,p) on some other partition... (naturally this requires some half-assed regularity in doing system backups)

This sounds good, having access to a network for your system partition must be nice! I just backup music and documents regularly (every ~month) to an external drive, and if (when) my hard drive goes I scramble for another one to load Windows again (hasn't happened yet). This is of course on my Battlestation so I default to the laptop, an indestrucible Lenovo T61, when I have big computer problems. With how cheap HDs are though, I think I'll put another one in the big computer. On a related note, I swapped the included drive out of the Lenovo for a hybrid solid state, and velcro taped the other one into the Battlestation for extra storage of stuff like videos that I don't backup.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2011, 12:13 DNForever

If you're gonna get an SSD, make sure it's synchronous.

If you are unfamiliar with George Carlin, first reevaluate your life, then check out Jammin in New York and Back In Town (available at your local Pirate Bay.org)

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2011, 11:35 DNForever

Hard drive issues - the bane of even the most experienced PC user.  

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
82. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 11:41 DNForever

Cutter's alright, he just gets mad like everyone else. Get off his nuts. Can we stop this now?  

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
79. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 11:07 DNForever

If you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.  

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin
43. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Oct 1, 2011, 16:10 DNForever

If you pre order a physical copy on amazon, the release date shipping is free - all the other shipping methods cost extra and take longer.  

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
21. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 21:36 DNForever

On the topic of the silenced sniper rifle, it was a good idea in theory but made no difference, as soon as you shot they knew where you were, plus it did less damage than the regular!! I played through half the game before I realized the damage output of the unsilenced sniper rifle was about 4 bars higher.  

237 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo