Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nick C

Real Name Nick C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DNForever
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Long time reader
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2011, 15:54
Total Comments 235 (Novice)
User ID 56259

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2013, 20:21 DNForever

Sorry to hear but glad it was peaceful.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > id Hiring a Design Director
20. Re: id Hiring a Design Director Aug 24, 2013, 08:37 DNForever

Did you know that id wanted to make a PC port of Super Mario 3 at one time  

84. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 09:29 DNForever

Order of preference, 1. Local used bookstores, 2. Amazon. 3. B&N  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Revival Planned?
16. Re: Shadow Warrior Revival Planned? May 9, 2013, 12:41 DNForever

I'm not too excited about this. . . Defense Grid 2, now that's another story. I know I played SW at the time but can't remember much about it. I know it was hotly anticipated after Duke 3D and nowhere near as good. I was surprised 3D Realms went with Shadow Warrior after Duke. They could have made a Duke sequel with the build engine that would have done well commercially no matter what, and probably would have been way better than SW. Of course all speculation... my gaming memories of that time are dominated by Quake 2.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 17:54 DNForever

Clicking on the comments I knew, absolutely knew, that some genius would say something along the lines of "X AMOUNT OF PPL DIE OF Y CAUSE EVERYDAY!". Thanks for the simplistic morality/math/whatever lesson you robot.

Can't you consider this from a thinking, feeling human perspective and not on a numbers/statistical level - please?

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
24. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 6, 2013, 17:29 DNForever

Those games both ruled. I would love to see them continued with todays technology.  

15. Re: Online Comics Mar 31, 2013, 11:02 DNForever

I'm also reading a book about Everest - "Everest The West Ridge" about the American ascent of that route which was done as a sort of bonus after the successful South Col ascent by the other team. It is the 50th anniversary edition and includes lots of very very nice photographs. Krakauer wrote the new foreward. Pretty good so far although they're not to base camp yet. I imagine it won't be as gripping as Into Thin Air, which is one of the most incredible books ever and extra powerful because as you said the author has a knack for nonfiction to begin with and in that case, he was actually part of the events.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2013, 11:39.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 10:17 DNForever

Glad it's all good. I've been in another games drought. About to have the last 'confrontation' in DX Missing Link (or what I think will be), but after that there's nothing in line. I already beat and re-beat Defense Grid and all the map packs. I'm thinking about finally getting Crysis Warhead, which is pretty cheap on Amazon but last time I checked still $15 on Steam. Still not bad though.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2013, 11:20 DNForever

The ones I go to don't. They're across the street from houses and there's 9 courts so I would assume the people living there wouldn't want stadium lighting going on until 10 or 11 pm, but that's just my assumption.

Of the 4 sets of courts I can think of that people play on, one has lights which are on from 8pm to 10. It's called Schenley Park and you won't find me there near peak hours, as it's a crowded mess of 14 courts and farther from me than the ones I go to. I play there for tournaments when they reserve the courts, but the lights aren't any good anyways. If you were trying to say that I play in a ghetto, you may or may not be right, but that is partially the point ... anyone who has to deal with getting courts in a city situation knows that the biggest, central courts (in my case, the ones with lights <--- only good and even on 2 courts) whose covers are blown are the ones many regular players stay away from.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2013, 10:45 DNForever

I know the data isn't quite there for electricity bills vs. daylight savings, so all I will talk about are my own reasons based on living here in Pittsburgh.

Long story short I like being outdoors for the same reasons anyone else does and I play about 10+ hours of tennis (outside) a week between roughly May and late August. Most people I know myself included have jobs or responsibilities during the day that they aren't done with until at least 4pm. Whether or not it's bright out when I go to work is not really as important to me, as I would rather have 7:30 to 8:30 PM bright instead of say, 6 to 7am. This is because by the time you get your equipment depending on if you brought it, get to the courts through the traffic etc it might be 5 or 5:30 and you might have to wait. One extra hour at that time makes all the difference to get our outdoor, sanity preserving activity. If no one had to work I'd say what's the use but the sad fact is that most people can't get out of work until there's limited daylight left.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2013, 11:25.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2013, 21:40 DNForever

That hour is huge. One extra hour of daylight reducing electricity bills and increasing outdoor time esp. in areas where you have bad winters... I say keep it.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2013, 09:08 DNForever

Ahh I never chimed in about the music format ... well for what it's worth at this point, I still listen to records but 80% is digital (CD rips, flac etc), but hardly ever from a CD except in the car. It's a good format if you have a decent setup, and can get records for cheap (online is usually NOT cheap for them). I can balance my guilt for using the Pirate Bay so much by buying actual records for 13-15 bucks down the street, and if you have that luxury (and a good turntable, phono amp, etc etc etc) you should too. I'm glad no one got into the sound quality CD vs. analog thing.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2013, 14:29 DNForever

Who knows... the speaking in tongues thing is probably some combination of people believing that because they're so special and unique they can communicate with a spirit world, and the general group stupidity that can happen in an organized religion.  

50. Re: This Dec 16, 2012, 14:31 DNForever

I'm either not understanding or not thinking enough then. How can you deny those concepts while accepting the existence of morals?  

48. Re: This Dec 16, 2012, 14:03 DNForever

"Moral superiority does not really exist since immorality does not really exist either"

Morality may not exist as a physical concrete thing and yes it's subjective, but what an outright stupid and simplistic thing to say. Morals do exist as general consensus, they may be culturally specific but they do exist. I can tell you're high on like, whose truth is the real truth and nothing's for certain or anything but to deny morals is not a good idea. To me.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2012, 11:23 DNForever

These events are a no-win for everyone. People die and then the media is either sensational or "ignoring it" and not doing the service they're supposed to.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2012, 18:47 DNForever

The no beans thing is crazy. Put some tomatoes and beans in there. It's so stupid. I love the chili recipe but I definitely add beans and either tomatoes or some tomato paste.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2012, 08:39 DNForever

That data is nice and official, but to keep moving up the ages will just delay where you have that initial increase in accidents due to inexperience.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2012, 20:39 DNForever

Driving is more dangerous and unpredictable than flying, and pilots aren't allowed to fly commercially after age 65.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2012, 22:40 DNForever

Certainly it's proportionally higher in the flood plains. I was mainly giving a small perspective that I've seen some floods come out of seemingly nowhere.  

235 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo