Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for w00t

Real Name w00t   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname w00tie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2011, 23:26
Total Comments 54 (Suspect)
User ID 56257

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike Map Legal Threat
20. Re: Counter-Strike Map Legal Threat Feb 20, 2013, 10:47 w00tie

Ant wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 01:25:
I remember ActionQuake 2 (AQ2) had to change logos like Coca Cola. I forgot what they changed it to.
That's in no way related. What you're talking about is the same reason why almost every company in the entertainment industry is a fake/parody company. It costs money to use trademarked images and names.
You can't hold a trademark on a public place.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games
10. Re: Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games Feb 14, 2013, 12:43 w00tie

http://www.geforce.com/landing-page/free-2-play

Something tells me they're rolling in the cash right about now.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
38. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 10, 2013, 12:46 w00tie

Capitan wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 03:50:
My dream is that they continue RtCW story where it ends with Himmler. In other words, the new game shall have the same concept, emotions and spirit as in RtCW, but with an updated graphics ofc.

Then they have made the perfect game
Well considering how the 2009 game bombed so badly that it was selling for $30 months after release I'm sure they'll want to forget about it.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Alpha Access
4. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 09:57 w00tie

I like the Enemy Territory games. But everything they've done since then has been garbage.  

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
48. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 26, 2013, 10:46 w00tie

I was running into map size problems only a half hour into my beta session. Not a good sign...  

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore
19. Re: Steam Sale Encore Jan 5, 2013, 20:33 w00tie

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 19:05:
Thanks guys, I went ahead and used a fake US mailing address and all is going well!

This is a good resource to have for situations like this: http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291534

Also, another great resource to get around the insane markup we pay compared to Americans: http://www.myus.com/

News Comments > Remedy Teases 2013 Plans
3. Re: Remedy Teases 2013 Plans Jan 2, 2013, 10:16 w00tie

It's going to be a game called Sid Down. It's about an internet troll who gets an email promising great fortune if he follows a set of very specific instructions. Instead of fortune, he falls down a well and hurts his back. At this point he vows revenge on the troll who trolled the troll.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 24, 2012, 11:43 w00tie

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 11:00:
Does anyone else have Dota2 showing up as already owned... yet you can't remember purchasing it?

Then when you try to play it it says you are in spectator mode only?

How is it? Worth $15 at this point? Any opinions would be highly appreciated, thanks.
I think everybody has that. It seems like a marketing ploy to get you to buy the early access package.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2012, 21:41 w00tie

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 18:18:
The Top Sellers shown on the front page of the store is not the same thing as this Top 10 by revenue for the week. I don't know if they've ever said what it means exactly, but it updates much more often. I'm guessing something like "most units sold in the past hour," or six hours or whatever. Something goes on sale and it shoots right up to the top of that thing right away.

w00tie wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 17:19:
You know that all four of those titles were at 50% off at some point during the sale, right?

I'll give you Borderlands 2, but LOL, no, Black Ops 2 was not on sale. Modern Warfare 3 (last year's) was barely 50% off, and it's regular price is STILL $60. Activision is incredibly tight-assed about Steam sales, despite countless other developers/publishers knowing full well that discounts on the most popular digital storefront can mean more revenue. They may not have come out and commented on it like EA, but they obviously feel very strongly that "devaluing their IP" is something they don't want to do.

And Torchlight 2 being $10 instead of $20 only reinforces the point I was making. It brought in more revenue at $10 a copy than Black Ops 2 did at $60 a copy.

My mistake. I often mistake which CoD is the current one.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2012, 17:19 w00tie

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 17:09:
You're right, those games are priced differently, especially the #1 seller for the week which was 50% off during the sale. That just shows more clearly that discounts can lead to more profit by way of volume, as it tops full-priced games like Borderlands 2 and Black Ops 2. Or that really good, budget-priced indie titles (Torchlight 2) can hold their own when it comes to raking in the green.
You know that all four of those titles were at 50% off at some point during the sale, right?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 17, 2012, 08:05 w00tie

So now we know who's responsible for matchmaking...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 18:42 w00tie

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 15:07:
nin wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 11:30:
R.I.P.: Mitch Lucker Dead: Suicide Silence Frontman Killed In Motorcycle Crash.

Never heard of them, but condolences to family and friends, especially the daughter left behind.

Yeah it's werid this is all over the various news but I - and no one I know - has ever heard of this band before.

I'd love to see footage of this Army zombie thing.
He was a really nice guy. It's so tragic to see him go...

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
15. Re: Disney Acquires LucasArts Oct 31, 2012, 16:54 w00tie

I'm cool with this as long as Hamill uses his Joker voice.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 11:58 w00tie

Trevellian wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 11:46:
More importantly, if this DLC is out today, why can I not find a quest to start it or a zone to teleport to in the quick travel list to begin it like the old DLC's in BL1. Is this due to Steams retarded updating schedual?

DLC is a 1.3gb download chico. We have to wait for Steam's release schedule.

News Comments > Obsidian Entertainment Tease
16. Re: Obsidian Entertainment Tease Sep 11, 2012, 00:49 w00tie

Half-Life 4.  

News Comments > Star Wars: First Assault TMed
8. Re: Star Wars: First Assault TMed Aug 29, 2012, 17:49 w00tie

It's obviously a prequel to Rebel Assault. Come on guys, think!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 13:35 w00tie

Cutter wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 13:02:
I'm always curious about what the soundtrack will be for each game. They definitely always pick some rare gems.
Yes, artists like The Smashing Pumpkins and Queen are so underrated and unheard of...

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
35. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 19:45 w00tie

Lorcin wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 19:39:
Can we get some grammar nazis in here please?

I'm sorry to ask but how the hell is Uplay pronounced? I know how they want us to pronounce it "You Play", but every fibre of my being tells my they've spelt it "UpLay".

Then again it's ubisoft so I guess I should accept their twats French.
The logo has it with the u separate from the rest.

News Comments > Bullet Run Launches
1. Re: Bullet Run Launches Jul 31, 2012, 14:32 w00tie

Looks like it was built on the Quake2 engine.  

News Comments > New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears
6. Re: New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears Jul 11, 2012, 11:13 w00tie

Bopper wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 10:35:
R.I.P Bioware

Anyone ever played any F2P game that was actually good? That isn't World of Tanks?

Ummm...Ghost Recon Online? Blacklight? APB? Team Fortress?

54 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo