Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RamataKahn

Real Name RamataKahn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RamataKahn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 10, 2011, 16:40
Total Comments 15 (Suspect)
User ID 56252

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
23. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 4, 2014, 02:57 RamataKahn

deqer wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 18:17:
What the fuck is wrong with these people? BF3 works fine. So, how do you fuck up BF4? ... Not to mention that BF3 and BF4 are only 1 year apart. I mean, seriously...

They were two years apart.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
28. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 19:12 RamataKahn

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 19:07:
Why in all holy hell does anyone want to pay a company to alpha/beta test their game?

No one is.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
44. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 15, 2013, 01:53 RamataKahn

I can't believe people think this game is P2W, learn what it means idiots.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
117. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 17:30 RamataKahn

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 17:23:
So what do we do? Do we listen to the people with inside knowledge like a Jeff Vogel who said that sales of one his games was cut in half when the torrent became available or do we put our head and ass in the sand ignoring people like him and yell "LIES!!!111" from the top of our lungs?
Don't answer which choice you would make. It's obvious.

Which game?

113. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 17:20 RamataKahn

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 17:06:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 16:47:
Another head in the sand post from one (like Capps) who doesn't have a clue.

The only people with their head in the sand are the people who continue to live in a state of denial about piracy being a huge problem. All evidence is pointing towards that being the case.

Google "us government admits piracy claims bogus" and then come back here and try to say that.

86. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 15:08 RamataKahn

It's pretty sad when a game company can't admit they made a lackluster or sucky game and they try to blame piracy instead. Funny how the companies that make BF3, MW3, Skyrim, and others don't really suffer from the same problem.

If piracy was truly as bad & widespread as it's made out to be, no games would be selling very much.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Encounters Footage
11. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Encounters Footage Apr 8, 2012, 20:42 RamataKahn

Anyone who thinks BF3 is at all like CoD is a fucking moron.  

News Comments > John Romero's Shooter Plans
35. Re: John Romero's Shooter Plans Apr 6, 2012, 16:51 RamataKahn

Rigs wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 15:57:
The way I see it is that while he fucked up royal, everyone makes mistakes. I know I've made some really bad ones in the past myself and I hate it when they are brought up 10 years down the line when I've totally changed since then. The sad part about it is he will never live that down - ever. And that's a shame but while he could just curl in a ball in the corner of his closet and disappear, he's swallowed his pride and tried to make the most out of what he has left. Surely something like that can be seen as respectable? He took blame for the horrific disaster that was ION STORM Dallas but, personally, I don't think he should shoulder all of it. He got swept up in it and soon it just took on a life of it's own, snowballing into a bigger debacle whenever he tried to take control of it. When people are throwing themselves and money at you for just the promise of doing something, it can go to your head real quick, I suppose. (I've never been in that kind of situation, sadly, but I would imagine it would)

All I can say is wait and see. If it's good, it's good. If not, then it's not. Not a big deal. At least he isn't promising something bigger and better that will make up for his past screw ups.

=-Rigs-=

That's all well and good, but that fact that he still saying the game failed because he released info about it before it shipped and not because it was a shitty game shows he hasn't really changed.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2012, 20:11.

News Comments > John Romero's Shooter Plans
32. Re: John Romero's Shooter Plans Apr 6, 2012, 13:19 RamataKahn

"I wouldn't want to give out any specifics until I'm close to shipping it. I've learned my lesson about talking too soon about specific game features and release dates."

lol, the lesson was not to make a shitty game.

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
70. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 01:10 RamataKahn

The funny thing is, other and better game companies can and do design games for both PC and console and guess what? They work.

Carmack is a dick and id software is dead.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta
16. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta Sep 26, 2011, 21:52 RamataKahn

After installing these drivers I could not stream HD videos, once I rolled back to my old drivers the problem was gone. GeForce GTX 260 on Win7 x64.  

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
61. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 13:42 RamataKahn

PropheT wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 21:54:
They set out to make a great game that people want to play instead of just focusing on selling copies. That's...kind of what we want, right?

Except for the fact that they aren't doing that...

News Comments > Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch
54. Re: Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch May 2, 2011, 07:49 RamataKahn

The point is there is no reason not to include DM or any form of competitive mulitplayer other then laziness and the cosolification of games these days. It's really sad that id is joining that trend, and I won't be buying a RAGE or any games from them from now on. Also, you guys saying you don't care because you don't have a competitive nature in games, you are a tiny minority.

EDIT: You people keep talking about just no DM as not being a big deal, L2 read, it's not going to have ANY competitive multiplay at all.

News Comments > Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch
33. Re: Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch May 1, 2011, 17:50 RamataKahn

Just more evidence that id is done as a good gaming company.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
25. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 10, 2011, 12:42 RamataKahn

Very unimpressive, Id is done imo.  

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo