Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for panbient

Real Name panbient   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname panbient
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description old school cranky pants gamer guy
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 18, 2011, 00:28
Total Comments 296 (Amateur)
User ID 56226

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2012, 07:03 panbient

I'm curious. Has Blizzard ever released usage stats kind of like the Community Activity Graph on the Steam front page? I'm not seeing anything official from a quick google search. Has the downward curve flattened out yet? Do the execs look at it upside down and think they've hit a plateau instead?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon"
12. Re: Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon" Nov 28, 2012, 06:34 panbient

Ahhh Diablo3 the most blatant example of polishing a turd until it has a AAA shine and trying to pretend like your hands aren't covered in poop when you're done.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 17:12 panbient

Fantaz wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 16:27:
"SiN Episodes" is a joke... I bought into the hype, paid full price on day 1 and felt really burned.

The episode was self-contained and satisfying on its own. Yes, it would have been great to get more episodes but I don't feel cheated by the end of the chapter. The endurance mode was also rather novel too, same with the attempt to implement a dynamic challenge based on your actual skill rather than menu settings. Oh yeah, it also packed in the full version of the original.

Also, the most likely reason you were able to get a full refund on the original is because it was widely reported to be buggy as hell when it first launched, not because you didn't like it or Half-Life was better.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Patched
9. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 06:33 panbient

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 00:26:
Ton of changes, and nothing to the biggest problem with the game which is that the loot it drops is fucking pathetic. It makes Diablo 3 look like Santa Claus on a charity spree by comparison.

Hmm... in Diablo3 after a good 100-120 hours I've gotten 1 -one- legendary, they were level 9 pants (as found by a level 25 character). That's the best piece of gear I've ever found.

In Borderlands 2 I've gotten more than a half dozen legendaries before completing the main quest and they were all rather awesome. Mind you those mainly drop from bosses rather than chests.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Vancouver video game industry.. Nov 7, 2012, 17:54 panbient

Bard wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 10:37:
ALWAYS - ALWAYS recruit from within - promote someone capable, than bringing in some clown you don't know who doesn't know how your company works.

Does not mean it will be any better. I work for a place that only promoted from within for a long time, now we've got producer / designers who can't be bothered to write anything down and just expect projects to be made. Or their idea of a design document is a list of features. Projects are green lit based on a cool premise and hook without any clear vision through the full scope of the product. Then again, that's just how it is in the video game industry.

The biggest problem is the relative immaturity of the industry itself. The Homefront post-mortem posted a few days ago was a really good read, especially in regards to promoting from within.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow
8. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow Oct 22, 2012, 17:57 panbient

I think it's rather telling that a few months ago any post about D3 resulted in pages of comments by the time I got home from work (regardless of when it was posted). Now, it's just a single digit's worth of people watching that ship sail.  

PC Gaming > Borderlands 1 not saving progress
4. Re: Borderlands 1 not saving progress Oct 12, 2012, 07:06 panbient

2nd_floor wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 15:41:
I am using the cracked .exe (I bought the retail DVD, not Steam version, but in order to not have to put the DVD in the drive, I use the no-DVD crack from Reloaded I think it is). There was rumour of the problem being in the cracked .exe. I have tried with the retail DVD in the drive and the original Gearbox .exe, does not fix it.

I wouldn't expect any legit tech support when you've used a crack. Did you do a fresh install before trying the legit .exe and disc combo?

Either way you should still be able to register the product code from the game on Steam and run that version (under Games\Activate a Product on Steam...)

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Mentioned
56. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:26 panbient

Borderlands 3 sounds cool. But fixing the Badass Ranks in the current game would sound cooler. I know they recognize the problem but I'm not hearing anything about -when- a solution might appear. I don't really care so much about what particular stats I'd boosted more than the amount of points that I'd spent. Heck I'd be happy with a one time option to respec the whole shebang.

Also assault rifles that cost 3 ammo per shot but that shoot little grenades that act like mines if you miss are FREAKING AWESOME!

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
18. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 07:46 panbient

Armengar wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 04:48:
Variety is good and post release support and patching is also good. If you don't like it play something else, and I just don't understand (short of trolling) why people jump on the same argument about d2 every time

I think the issue isn't so much that people wanted it to be D2++ so much as recognizing D2 as a design plateau they could have built from rather than try to replace. Why should we have to deal with months of post-launch fixes and patches after so many years of development? For a lot of the same issues they already fixed in an older product.

Either way, I won't call D3 a bad game, but I won't call it a great one either.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
22. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 14, 2012, 06:57 panbient

descender wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 02:12:
Poor itemization in BL2 will be the first thing (Well, one of the first things... I'm sure...) everyone starts complaining about. 87 bazillion weapons and 12 good ones, just like the first game.

Difference being every class in BL can equip any of those 87 bazillion weapons. I have yet to get a wicked awesome item for the actual class I'm playing in D3.

News Comments > Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced
24. Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Sep 1, 2012, 11:08 panbient

They need to bring back dinosaur missions.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 31, 2012, 06:44 panbient

Didn't this studio close last year? Or did it just 'close' so the bulk of the staff who made LA Noire could GTFO and leave enough profit in the boss' pocket to start the same shenanigan over again.  

News Comments > Molyneux's Curiosity Renamed
2. Re: Molyneux's Curiosity Renamed Aug 26, 2012, 14:25 panbient

Anonymous wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 13:57:
If he really wanted to get controversial he could call it "HOT GAY SEX" instead.

holy crap that caught me off guard lol-ed for real

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
51. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 22, 2012, 16:31 panbient

deqer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 19:44:
Have fun playing your single-player game online only: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5568798294

How does it feel to support a company that has done what they've done; simply taken advantage of you.

Still feels a lot less condescending than your post.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
15. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 16:43 panbient

Great... so 100 more meaningless levels since you can't actually customize or do anything to your character as it progresses.

What was the actual point of that initial grind if it just placed you on the exact same plateau as everyone else who made it up to the level cap? If that's the actual starting line what's the point of grinding through the warm up? The gear was the only -player controlled- distinction so leveling up is essentially superficial.

Thanks for another 100 levels of useless dings? Did Jay Wilson learn game design at DeVry or something? Pathetic.

So glad I still have Titan Quest installed.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
25. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 18:12 panbient

It -sounds- good...

...but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Hopefully this is indicative of an actual change in direction and not just a coincidence that favours the players.

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition
17. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition Aug 15, 2012, 07:01 panbient

deqer wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 21:09:
You really think someone is going to see a game on the shelf, and walk away and go home first to research it? No. Get real.

If that's what people need to do these days, then we've entered a sad time.

Or you know, they could just pick up the box, turn it to the side (either side) and read 'Internet Connection Required', it's also specified again, on the top and bottom flaps of the box too.

So if reading a requirement that's printed on the box 4 times is too much for people to do these days, they yes, we've entered a very sad time.

Oh wait! It's also printed on the front AND back too. So it's literally on every single side of the box.

News Comments > Prince of Persia Reboot Revealed?
4. Re: Prince of Persia Reboot Revealed? Aug 6, 2012, 11:54 panbient

I always thought The Sands of Time was the reboot for the franchise. Is this a reboot of a reboot? Are we already to the point of crossing that line?  

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September
4. Re: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September Aug 2, 2012, 06:34 panbient

ShakyJake wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 02:57:
-The voice acting is some of the most bored-sounding I've heard in a long time, and really makes you wince when certain mercs start reciting their lines in a dull monotone.

-You can repair weapons, but not armor. This is one of those things where I just assumed I was missing something obvious, because the different armors and the camouflage bonuses they give are actually very cool. Alas, to replace the money sink that weekly expenses made in the earlier game (there aren't any), you are intended to spend your money replacing all that cool stuff you've been outfitting your mercs in, and which gets shot up in every mission.

-You no longer have an in-game avatar! No longer do you have the option of taking the personality test and then existing as one of the mercs down on the battlefield. Your sole role now is of faceless commander, giving orders. This is baffling to me, because any time JA was ever discussed between me and friends, the personality test and in-game avatar was one of the things most fondly remembered.

This, this and THIS! While I agree with the others too, these are the main 3 gripes for me. The voice acting isn't just bored sounding it's on the verge of racism with the horrible forced accents everyone seems to have.

I'd also much rather get 0 new mercenaries and the option to create a single custom merc than 10 more 'quirky' personalities.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2012, 20:44 panbient

Zappa Plays Zappa was awesome when I saw them a couple of years ago. I really hope they come back to Canada someday.  

296 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo