Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dwarf-Snowninja

Real Name Dwarf-Snowninja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 20:41
Total Comments 17 (Suspect)
User ID 56220

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
96. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 20:53 Dwarf-Snowninja

There seems to be some origin games that crop up on steam from time to time (Alice and I forget the other both show up on Steam and origin for me)?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
26. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 04:31 Dwarf-Snowninja

It's fun, but the sad part is most of the design decisions are undoing what was done wrong in vanilla D3. I'm enjoying it, but the act does seem a bit short. The rifts are fun events (And i believe random), but having to do bounties to get them seems a tad odd. The loot is definitely closer to d2, tons and tons of items and you have to sift through them to find that right one, plus with the enchanting it adds a greater degree of flexibility in item choice.

TLDR: its undoing the crap d3 did, I enjoy it, but not for 40 bucks.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Darkout
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Darkout Dec 5, 2013, 04:41 Dwarf-Snowninja

But my question is, how is it? I'm leery of trusting reviews on steam since they seem to either gloss certain aspects of a game (it's great... uh ok) or are too fond of the game to give a fair critique.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2013, 04:11 Dwarf-Snowninja

Yep... only 3 hours of deliberation I believe and for TQP... sigh.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players "Aren't Gamers"
36. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 17:57 Dwarf-Snowninja

NKD wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:27:
He raises a good point

We all know there are a lot of people who basically just play COD, or just play Madden, or just play World of Warcrap. Yes, technically they are playing a game, but in the same way someone plays a Facebook game or something on their cell phone while on public transportation. They aren't gamers, they don't identify as gamers, and eventually they'll stop playing even those games when their popped collar wearing bros go to doing something else.

I had a similar argument with someone claiming to be an avid reading, when all they ever read was revolutionary war history/commentary (not joking). In the same spirit, they're not a reader, they're just fond of reading about a small segment of history, and ignore other time periods, fiction, whatever. Playing one thing does not make you a gamer, merely someone who plays a game (and its not a small segment of people, its a LOT that play just CoD).

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
96. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 19, 2013, 19:42 Dwarf-Snowninja

Well, move my interest on the expac from apathetic to mild interest. Now if they'll add randomly generated maps we'll be moving in the proper direction...  

News Comments > Star Wars: 1313 on Hold?
12. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 05:38 Dwarf-Snowninja

Unfortunately so. The last few starwars games, minus the lego ones, have been kinda eh. Swtor was fun but the single-player crammed into an mmorpg formula kinda ruined it. I was actually interested in this, especially since it LOOKED pre-galactic civil war so a bit more open endedness.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
24. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 29, 2012, 17:35 Dwarf-Snowninja

I would argue that while the talents give some fairly lackluster choices in regards to dps/hps throughput, many were put in simply for pvp/cc/defense reasons. I cannot agree that classes are homogenized to the degree where a shaman = paladin = druid, especially with regard to playstyle.
Prior to this patch, as enhancement, you basically took one of 2 cookie cutter builds, or your dps suffered and you were generally ridiculed, likewise for a hunter... mage... and every single class. Now it's usually take this one talent and leave the rest up to the player. I won't defend the patch and say it's all roses, hardly, but it's a lot better than having to lookup a character build and copy the billion other shaman/druid/paladin/whatever because it was the only viable option.
And content in vanilla? You had MC, with it's gigantically spread out bosses, bwl with the trash from hell, aq20/zg were fun I won't deny, and aq40 which had pvp loot as rewards for half the fights and was again a giant spread out mess.
As someone else said TBC felt like the pinnacle with regards to raiding, and yes the raiding now is simplified to the point of silliness, including hardmodes.

6. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 28, 2012, 23:29 Dwarf-Snowninja

Likewise Nin; I was in the first co-op that killed Ragnaros and Nefarion in vanilla, whenever I hear "oh it was great back in the day" I shudder and think of the time spent killing these dumb fire elementals for hours and hours.
I was in the beta and played quite often and, despite the detractors, it felt far more enjoyable an expansion than Cataclysm or even WotLK was.

As to compare it to GW2, I think it's a matter of tastes, I revile pvp, as I'm bad at it, and because I burned myself out on it. I enjoyed GW1 and I may take a look at GW2, but I think they cater to different crowds, and won't ever agree that one is better than the other (claiming one form of fun is better than another is rather silly to me anyways).

Edit: and yes I like that too Alamar >.> I can have all my characters run around as "so and so the Insane".

2. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 28, 2012, 21:25 Dwarf-Snowninja

It really REALLY depends on who you talk to. Some wax nostalgic about how vanilla was so much better, how change is bad, et cetera... The changes will take some time to settle, but overall I'd argue they're for the better. The account wide changes are actually quite welcome. As for specifics, I mostly play a shaman and while jarring, the new talent system let you play a bit more "as you like/as you need" and less "you have to take talent x or you're bad".

News Comments > Hawken Web Series Planned
3. Re: Hawken Web Series Planned Jul 14, 2012, 01:41 Dwarf-Snowninja

Wow... really glad I took the time to look at this. Ever since the Battletech franchise petered out, I've been looking for some good mech games.  

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
22. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jun 30, 2012, 21:56 Dwarf-Snowninja

The 0 value on an RMAH/AH item is a bug, I've seen it once or twice, but was pretty certain it was a display issue. I'd read the issue with the 200 dollar balance vanishing from the person's battle.net balance and while it really really sucks, this is actually written in the fine print (I had to check on this when I moved to Japan as my account was based in NA, and they made sure I had no balance when I informed them); still, I would hope blizzard would return the guys money or something.  

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
64. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 16, 2012, 18:24 Dwarf-Snowninja

Given the issues with GFWL (I've noticed the login delay/latency thing Vemo has mentioned) and the weirdness DS has with certain aspects of the online sections of the game... I can't imagine this going well together.
Worse still, with certain games (DOW2 and Batman:AA), I'll get the random crapping out of the GFWL interface, either getting an obnoxious and large hiccup at the wrong time, or having the game puke me to desktop. Having that happen in a game as difficult as DS would be beyond frustrating.

News Comments > Origin Bans No Longer Cover Solo Play
23. Re: Origin Bans No Longer Cover Solo Play Apr 16, 2012, 18:13 Dwarf-Snowninja

It would depend on the nature of the infraction, but as I don't have access to the forum rules at hand... either way, still draconian as hell.  

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
65. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 13, 2012, 02:46 Dwarf-Snowninja

My first thought was, did someone make the mistake of calling a shadowblade a baneblade again?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2011, 21:21 Dwarf-Snowninja

Our problem in the PNW is the invading Gray Squirrels. Things are large enough (and usually ill-tempered enough) to tear feeders that aren't incredibly well secured. It also doesn't help that we're trying to attract the indigenous Douglas Squirrel population at the same time >-<.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2011, 15:43 Dwarf-Snowninja

I just finished studying abroad in Kyoto, met a lot of great people. Several of them are from Sendai City or have family still living there and they can't get ahold of them :|.  

17 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo