Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2903 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
38. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 20:38 Julio

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:44:
One comeback is perhaps one does more personal things on their personal computer vs Sony's game machine.

That's exactly my take on it. If my PC is going to be data mined so it's not useful for anything personal (i.e. other than playing games), then I might as well use a PS4.

I'm not that concerned over being data mined on a gaming only device versus a PC which currently has multiple purposes. So what if Sony gets my credit card info, and what games I play. They're not reading my email, looking at my bank account, recording what I say in the room my PC is in, looking at personal photos etc. etc.

Edit: As for those who trust Microsoft, it's been proven they can't be trusted. Turning one of the data mining options off still results in it collecting data. The only way to get them to temporarily back off is to completely reject Windows 10 - just like what happened with Windows 8.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
21. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 20:32 Julio

gravity wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 19:21:
Julio wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 16:46:
I wonder if Max will need a woman to shoot for him because he's a gimp in the game as well?

Max may have spent a large portion of the film tied up, or bound in some way - but to negate his actions entirely, simply because a female takes a couple shots... I mean, your thinly veiled misogyny is shining through your insecurity here.

Considering Mad Max is a feminist movie (and the director confirmed that), it's not misogyny to dislike seeing Max being the sidekick, even to the point of not being capable aiming a gun without a woman to do it for him.

28. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 17:24 Julio

Verno wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 17:12:
There was a bit more content than that ridiculous snip but whatever. I'm sure these impressive stands on principles about easily disabled toggles and misread headlines will continue when the DX12 games start to land

There were more issues you raised, but that was the lead one. I doubt those Windows 10 DX12 exclusive games will be here shortly; I can also deal without them, they'll probably arrive for PS4 as well.

Edit: Well I guess Windows 10 has the exclusive ad laden Solitaire game, and an exclusive non-Java version of Minecraft so far. Maybe they use DX12

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 4, 2015, 16:48 Julio

starttimartti wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 13:38:
I don't think the social justice aspect mattered too much.

I doubt the backers of Mighty No 9 that they banned due to the SJWs would have backed this one...

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
16. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 16:46 Julio

I wonder if Max will need a woman to shoot for him because he's a gimp in the game as well?  

26. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 16:37 Julio

Verno wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 14:43:
Of all the reasons not to use Windows 10, privacy is pretty small potatoes for me. There are real problems with the OS and things that might lead people to avoid it - they pointlessly shrank the taskbar icons 20px.

Privacy is much more important than them shrinking the taskbar icons to me, but each to their own. There's no point in owning a PC if I can't do tasks without Microsoft recording every conversation and keystroke. I'd rather pay for a OS that isn't spying on me than a free spyware ridden OS.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 10:38 Julio

Covert listening didn't seem to be the main reason they showed me why I should get Windows 10. I'm fully expecting updates to add in more spyware features that can't be disabled.

Windows 7 for as long as I can, then I'll have to look into other options. Microsoft hasn't learned anything from the XflopOne.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 4, 2015, 10:31 Julio

Guess the SJW fiasco of Mighty No. 9 didn't help them out any. Karma - treating your backers like dirt comes back to bite you.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 12:44 Julio

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 12:37:
Trump believes an illegal Mexican raped it.

Hopefully a DNA test can prove that the fine people of Philadelphia didn't rape the robot before dismembering it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Zimbabweans baffled by foreign concern for killed lion. Aug 3, 2015, 12:34 Julio

Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 11:13:
No one, and I mean no one, except for other tiny-dicked psychopaths likes trophy hunters.

There's a few posters here who are pro-trophy hunting...but then again you're probably right about them...

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 12:27 Julio

ldonyo wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 11:48:
It is quite hard to see how providing free upgrades to Windows is not consumer-friendly.

The reason for the "free" upgrade is to mine your data and sell it without making it easy to opt out. Not consumer friendly in my books. Whether you like or hate Apple, they've specialized in being idiot proof, which Windows is not.

There are plenty of average consumers who need the type of service Best Buy is providing. I'm not one of them, but the need exists.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 11:03 Julio

Not surprised that the robot didn't make it very far across the US. At least it wasn't shot I guess...

Good on Best Buy, Microsoft isn't exactly making Windows 10 a consumer friendly OS. Apple they are not.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 3, 2015, 10:59 Julio

At least there's the option of super fast service, even at a high price. Sadly, no matter how much money I want to give my ISP, they're not going to allow me to buy anything remotely fast.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 2, 2015, 12:13 Julio

Another strike against Windows 10. Turning out to be the operating system that needs every thing disabled after installation.  

43. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 05:44 Julio

Kxmode wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 18:09:
I'm now no longer a backer of Star Citizen. My entire US$930 was returned.

Congrats, I would have thought getting money back from CIG would have been like blood from a stone. Hopefully you're paving the way for others to do the same.

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Delayed
5. Re: Mighty No. 9 Delayed Aug 1, 2015, 05:35 Julio

Not surprised they seem unethical, given it's an SJW driven project.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 13:58 Julio

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 13:10:
I've never understood rating posts. It's zero indication of quality and only one that someone else agrees or disagrees with. So you agree with it or not, so what? A poll function would be far more useful.

Agreed, no need for group think around here - leave that at the SJW sites like Ars. Polling would be interesting and allow for diversity of opinion.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 08:14 Julio

Sepharo wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 20:03:
Hahaha eye-for-an-eye being argued as the evolved/civilized penalty.

Evolved yes, civilized no.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 08:11 Julio

Krowen wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 20:56:
Being evolved means we don't just give into baser instincts and instead punish people proportionally instead of your retarded eye for an eye bullshit.

Proportionally is eye for an eye. Not some soft slap on the wrist justice for those who can afford it.

He will be punished by the law, not by your idiotic couch potato vigilante bullshit that both know you will never actually follow through on.

I'd be happy to give him the same treatment he gave Cecil. Unfortunately the legal system isn't going to ok that one.

Too soft?...Nice job cutting out the parts of my response that you didn't have the guts to face by the way. That's some soft shit right there son.

I'm not your son - and glad of that. You had nothing else remotely meaningful to say.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 19:56 Julio

Krowen wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 16:17:
blah...blah...blah...we can't murder everyone responsible unless you want to revert evolution entirely.

If being evolved means shooting, letting an animal suffer, beheading and skinning animals for fun...then we're not evolved at all. It would be an evolution to give the dentist the exact same penalty that he inflicted. And it would stop this type of thing going on next time.

But some people are too soft for that.

2903 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo