Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 1985 (Pro)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 15:04 Julio

Prez wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 14:57:
Beamer is too smart to not get this. it seems to me that he has a personal stake in this fight which is blinding him to reason however.

Perhaps, but Beamer loves to argue anything with anyone. Regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 15:02 Julio

Sho wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 14:55:
Call it arrogant, but I find it suspicious when someone claims to ... which also goes for Sarkeesian herself, which is why, again, critical examination of her work is generally welcome

I'm all for hearing a critical examination of her 'work'.

But frankly I have as much interest studying the value of her 'work' as much as I do the work of Hitler and Stalin. (There - I've taken the thread to the extreme by throwing in Hitler) Or a Nigerian scam artist, which I equate her pleas and fund raising to be similar to.

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
12. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 14:36 Julio

NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 14:01:
People would abuse the shit out of refund options if given half a chance.

If the gaming industry provided less half baked buggy and lousy games then the refund rates would be tolerable. If other industries did such a poor job on quality, then they'd be refunding plenty too.

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 13:36 Julio

harlock wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 02:22:
for someone so upset about the objectification and sexualization of female bodies, she sure does wear a bunch of make-up.. drawn on eyebrows and all that shit

It probably helps in trolling for game journalists...

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
9. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 13:34 Julio

I like the mild suggestion that Steam could pull out of Australia. How about some damages and jail time for people at Valve?  

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 13:29 Julio

commonperson wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:43:
The rape and death threats are out there for the public to see, this is not stuff any of them are making up. Doxing is quite public too.

Except there's proof that they made these claims up. Look for Aseven's posts for more details. And if anyone male or female goes into the kiddie multiplayer gaming pool on consoles or certain PC games they'll get threats. It comes with those young gamers under 18. None of them mean it seriously.

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 12:24:
So despite what Leigh Alexander bleats, it's actually far more likely that these young people that she hails as some kind of magnificent new generation are the ones acting like utter retards.

No need to insult the mentally challenged by lumping them in with the SJW crowd. Everytime I see a man-hating SJW article I now think...so what journalist just got laid in exchange for writing it?

On the lack of embracing new consoles, definitely that's true. I think the Xflop scared the publishers off.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
147. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 29, 2014, 06:27 Julio

Thanks for all the links ASeven, great reading. Looks like there are plenty of people on the internet who are becoming the real gaming journalists now...And for some reason I'm now associating a 'Game Jam' as when a SJW is screwing a member of the gaming press.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
84. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 29, 2014, 06:23 Julio

Prez wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 22:22:
Is there anyone NOT sick of this topic yet?...They are the fringe; they are the loons, not us.

A great post (though I cut out most of the middle). I think the SJW crowd has pushed this to sexism to hide the discussion of the lack of integrity in the gaming media.

My hope is that those who develop hardcore games know where the money is, which is not with the fringe SJW lunatics. And they shouldn't worry about the gaming press, who don't buy games themselves much anyways. A new gaming press will emerge from those who speak the truth, and SJW sites like Kotaku will die.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 28, 2014, 20:20 Julio

Glad to see the DOT has the interest of consumers at heart, when this is really just to spy on everyone. Just implant those tracking chips on everyone since it's going down that road.  

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 20:09 Julio

Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 10:21:
I'm sorry, it just seems like people not comfortable enough with their own masculinity and place in the world to question how it impacts other people.

Nice try Beamer, it's because I'm comfortable with my masculinity that I'm against being neutered by the SJW crowd.

Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:29:
And I don't "judge all male gamers." I'm a male gamer!

I doubt both of those.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2014, 20:01 Julio

The judges who want to let the terrorists fly, should be forced to fly with a planeload of them.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 05:52 Julio

InBlack wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 03:18:
I think that most Art, Literature, Film and Videogames need to be put to the torch. Anything that isnt remotely politically correct needs to burn. The burning temperature of paper is 451 Fahrenheit.

Definitely if the SJW have their way, also add the elimination of men to their list.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
23. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 28, 2014, 05:49 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 21:34:
Coincidentally Anita had to leave her home today after some particularly egregious and specific threats against her. Disagree with her all you like, but those kinds of threats are beyond the pale and are criminally actionable. I hope they catch the guy.

You actually believe this was real? Completely made up again by the SJW. Nothing worse than false claims to make men look bad. And Joss Whedon is overrated, and his work is crap. Guess he has to go to the SJW camp to find someone to like him.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 27, 2014, 15:27 Julio

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 15:13:
8TB? Wow, that'll hold a lot of por.....I mean games. Yes, games.

Lol, beat me to it. That is a lot of...games.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 27, 2014, 14:28 Julio

I'm in on this one, looks like it could be fun. Loving Kickstarter games much more than the big guys on PC these days.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 14:27 Julio

Pubknight wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:06:
please don't suck.
please don't suck.
please don't suck.

But it can suck for four people at the same time now! That's like hitting a button and having four times awesome happen!

News Comments > Escape Dead Island in November
4. Re: Escape Dead Island in November Aug 27, 2014, 14:24 Julio

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 13:22:
Hey, let's release it on the same day that two of the biggest games of the year (DA:I and FC4) are being released too! I'm sure that'll do wonders for sales!

Deep Silver, you take idiocy to completely new levels. Congratulations.

Or why doesn't DA:I go to a different release date? I'm not buying any of DA:I, FC4 or this...but DA is going to be a wait and see for a lot of people. So releasing in the same week as it might be a great idea.

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
8. Re: GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming Aug 27, 2014, 14:21 Julio

Great idea, the current movie selection sucks. Hopefully we see increased selection in the future and I'm in for sure.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 26, 2014, 17:00 Julio

I'll be curious to see if the SJW and the gaming websites they control (Kotaku and RPS for starters) publicize this fine initiative, or if they're all just hypocrites.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2014, 21:00 Julio

I would have guessed Kotaku given they're not a true gaming website anymore (if they ever were). Thought they made the move to a full SJW social media site.  

1985 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo