Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2583 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 23, 2015, 22:03 Julio

Slick wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 17:02:
of course, they should give us free stuff because they're late giving us free stuff.

PS+ costs money, in a lot of cases people subscribed specifically to get the promised game. So it's not "free stuff", it's part of the subscription package.

They're not just late - the article suggests Sony is backing away from providing even the demo version now. Which is very far from the initial promise of a full retail game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 21:58 Julio

PropheT wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 20:34:
"Men need to be the ones that are advocating and pushing for women to rise up, and not just rely on the 1% of women who are already at the top to do it," Sieber said.

Sexism against men isn't a good solution to this 'issue'. The most talented should win out, not that it normally works that way.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2015, 18:33 Julio

Flatline wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:28:
Julio wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 17:26:
I enjoyed what happened to Adria Richards.

I won't go so far as to enjoy what happened to her. She didn't learn anything and came away more bitter and really more paranoid. She didn't deserve the level of vitriol that was aimed at her and I think 2 years of being unemployed or whatever it was according to the article is paying for all your sins and then some. I agree that we all lose in that scenario.

Let me be more specific. I enjoyed the fact that she lost her job, which I felt was karma for causing someone else to lose theirs. I did not mean I thought the other over-the-top type attacks on her were a good thing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2015, 17:31 Julio

At least someone realizes it's not the religion of peace. I agree the article lacked a lot of details that would have been helpful.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 23, 2015, 17:28 Julio

Staying far away from Samsung and their spyware TVs. I have no interest in having their products monitor my private conversations, or share information on what's being watched.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2015, 17:26 Julio

I enjoyed what happened to Adria Richards. Clearly got what she deserved, learned nothing from her experience and probably will go the Patreon/Kickstarter route next.

Feel sorry for the guy who made a joke at the next table though. Clearly the victim of someone who has serious issues.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 17:00 Julio

So Windows 10 really doesn't have anything new to offer me based on that article. Good to know, staying with Win 7 then.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 23, 2015, 16:46 Julio

I do think good compensation is in order for the false advertising about DriveClub PS+. It turned from a full game to a demo to nothing for subscribers. Of course we'll probably get offered a free copy of Knack instead in about six months.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 23, 2015, 16:41 Julio

I'd be more than a little pissed if I backed a Kickstarter game and it changed to be F2P. Refunds and/or lawsuit time...  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2015, 17:11 Julio

Does the guy who fired the laser work for Wizards of the Coast? He should really apply - might be the smartest guy working there.

I don't think anyone could screw up D&D more if they tried.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
104. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 17:07 Julio

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:42:
What is it you really need to get out Julio, were you abused as a child, did your wife leave you?

I hope you're not making a living as a psychiatrist or as a mind reader. Let's just say that I could easily afford to drop a ton of cash on Star Citizen, but I think that would be foolish in the extreme.

I'm against pay-to-win in gaming - it really doesn't matter whether I can afford it or not. I don't like to see people priced out of this hobby based on their income.

72. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 06:27 Julio

Jackplug wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:19:
Game funding has to be something you feel really strong about, an tbh I really feel this game is gonna fall well short of its target!

If everyone gives just one more dollar around the world, Star Citizen can be saved and deliver on everything it promises. Think of the children!

71. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 06:23 Julio

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:20:
you merely paint me as some fanatical fanboy.

Putting in $3200 alone gets you the fanboy t-shirt.

68. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 06:08 Julio

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 05:33:
Actually I'm in for over $3200...If I have it to spend/waste then what business is it of yours to say how I spend it?

It's not my business how you spend your money. Star Citizen sounds like it's the perfect thing for you. You should put more into the game.

Shooting down the peons in their starter space craft while cruising around in luxury sounds like great entertainment...

65. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 05:22 Julio

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 05:07:
They don't want to see the positive in anything, because on the inside they are miserable, and until they are able to make everyone else as miserable as they are they won't be happy. Back to your cave troll, solicit your douchebaggery elsewhere.

You bought the $1200 ship didn't you? Again, we'll see in 3500 years when the game is done. Back to your pretend spaceship fanboi, shill your turd elsewhere.

51. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 20:38 Julio

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:07:
yet everyone here is saying it is pay to win... ???

Although we've beaten the pay-to-win discussion to death, I'm interested in how buying a $1200 ship isn't paying to win. That ship will give an advantage to some players over others. Let's hear how it doesn't.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 21, 2015, 17:43 Julio

I think we're at the point there should just be an NSA unremovable app on each phone. Might as well just make it in the open.  

42. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 17:34 Julio

grudgebearer wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:46:
Julian Delphiki wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:29:
shilling...shilling shilling shilling...shilling shilling.

Signed up on 2/21/2015, just to post in this thread. How much do you get paid to defend this hookers-and-blow for Chris Roberts scheme?

Yep - shill located.

StealthR6 wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 14:27:
I've never seen a bunch of crying little babies as I see on here...I bet all whiners on here are either console games who can't get SC or player who despise all space games.

Star Citizen is a game for those without gaming skill - a space sim with training wheels that you can buy. Some of us like space games and shockingly can afford both consoles and good PCs (probably because we're not giving our cash to Chris Roberts). This isn't a real space game, it's a pay-to-win turd.

We'll see who is right in 3500 years when it's done.

14. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:16 Julio

DangerDog wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:12:
Do you have to pay space tax too?

I can see space taxation as a 'stretch' goal at $80 million. Got to keep that money rolling in.

1. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 10:53 Julio

Star Citizen is going to ensure to drain as many people's wallets as possible, and they will not settle for less. Pay-to-win/Microtransaction hell.  

2583 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo