Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2533 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2015, 17:39 Julio

I've got multiple recent Sony TV purchases and they've all been great. Samsung "Spyware" TV isn't something I'll ever buy. Clearly Samsung can't be trusted.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 11, 2015, 04:55 Julio

They do monitor your conversations, they just changed the terms and conditions document slightly. Not like the spyware changed.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Details
38. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 10, 2015, 18:31 Julio

Slick wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 14:32:
I saw maybe 10 hackers total playing BF3, less playing BF4, and 2 during the hardline beta. if playing a game for 600 hours and seeing 10 hackers is "a lot" then you have standards that i can't meet. welcome to online gaming, there will always be cheaters. but to insinuate that BF2 has LESS cheaters is just a case of nostalgia ruining your memory.

I saw way, way more cheaters than 10 in BF3. Maybe 10% of games I played before I quit playing BF3.

How many cheaters BF3 had relative to BF2 is irrelevant to me. Because BF2 had bots, I didn't have to play with rampant cheating. BF3 onwards - everyone is stuck with cheaters.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2015, 18:27 Julio

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:49:
Fuck those terrorist cocksucking religous whacko conservatives!

It's probably a small or non-existent group of people who meet all of your criteria...Can't be too many terrorists who are into cocksucking while being religious and conservative and also whackos.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Feb 10, 2015, 18:20 Julio

I dropped Eurogamer a while back due to their anti-Gamergate stance. Ethics aren't important to them, so it's not like their review scores meant anything anyways.  

36. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 10, 2015, 04:49 Julio

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 21:12:
the ones that have had their servers shut down? sticking with your guns on this one eh? I'd love to see you stream some of this, as i gotta say, playing 12 year old games claiming that they're superior to the modern equivalent is usually a game of rosy coloured nostalgia glasses.

I don't need the servers with bots. Which is why EA stopped putting bots in the BF games. All of the earlier BF games are installed and get played occasionally on my PC.

BF3 was a superior visual experience (as I skipped buying BF4) from a multiplayer point of view, but it was completely ruined by the rampant cheating. Things like being instakilled by someone on the other side of the map with a pistol. Punkbuster is useless. BF4 was a trainwreck, and BF Hardline feels like a mod at best.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 9, 2015, 20:27 Julio

Beamer wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 19:10:
Because that never happens with cab drivers.

While there are issues with Uber, such as the lesser background check and the whole "who is liable" issue that really bugs me, I wouldn't say that the background checks cab drivers go through are really significantly better at stopping creeps.

Cab drivers have more background checks than Uber drivers. So it does make a significant difference.

32. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 19:16 Julio

Really unimpressive game - glad to have the open beta to see that it sucked. Sticking with old school Battlefield games that have bots instead.  

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
28. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 19:14 Julio

I don't lump EA and Kickstarters together. Early Access titles seem to have a much higher failure rate, and seem to have a much lower hurdle to get funds.

The difference is that Kickstarter needs to hit a financial target. If they set the target too low, nobody will contribute.

Is there any real barrier to early access on Steam titles? Doesn't seem so.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 9, 2015, 19:03 Julio

walrus1 wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 18:37:
Given some of the really scary shit Uber drivers have pulled I'm surprised they haven't done this in the states.

You take your chances with Uber. Is this the time it saves you money, or you get raped on the way to your destination...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 8, 2015, 12:57 Julio

Only five years? Not enough.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2015, 12:55 Julio

Armstrong didn't go to the moon, just a film studio. Secret stash of props...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 8, 2015, 12:53 Julio

I've finished Dead State once and I'm on my second play through. Well worth buying. The review was pretty accurate.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 8, 2015, 12:50 Julio

France is a little late on blocking those terrorism sites.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 8, 2015, 12:49 Julio

I'm just envisioning someone giving that blood test at the local bar. Hopefully the readout is big so it's not easily mistaken.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 8, 2015, 12:47 Julio

Kotaku? Investigative journalism there? Not a chance, they've got that SJW hand so far up there it's like a puppet. It will be more interesting if we see the authorities investigate it.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 8, 2015, 09:07 Julio

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 00:38:
Julio wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 13:46:
So the Samsung has spyware like the Xbox One. Good thing I have neither product.

So you don't have any kind of smart-phone or tablet either?

At least it's optional, unlike the Xbone

It's much easier to wrap the tablet and smart-phone in tinfoil (or a soundproof box) than the TV

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2015, 13:46 Julio

So the Samsung has spyware like the Xbox One. Good thing I have neither product.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 7, 2015, 11:29 Julio

I'm putting my money on Ebola if Kinect and Windows 8.1 are being used to fight it.  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
28. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 20:15 Julio

Another award show likely determined by bribes or blowjobs.  

2533 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo