Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2226 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 19:06 Julio

UHD wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 18:28:
Julio wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 18:22:
Harlock's got it exactly right. The anti-GG side is trying to shift the discussion from ethics to women; as they don't want too close an examination of the lack of gaming journalism ethics. We'll get there eventually, but at this rate it will take months. #GG isn't going to stop, and momentum is clearly on it's side.

And then do what, exactly?

That's the phrase "examination of the lack of gaming journalism ethics" above. And then what I would hope is that there would be real change towards having ethics in gaming journalism.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2014, 18:29 Julio

Although I appreciate Dell's attempt to keep Windows 7 around, they've more than offset that by having a senior employee come out as anti-GG.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
16. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 27, 2014, 18:27 Julio

I'm quite happy with all the games I've backed on Kickstarter so far. Some have fallen behind schedule, plenty aren't due to come out yet - but I knew there was risk going in.

Much better than eating the slop that many AAA games are offering. I'm positive that some of the RPGs I've backed will a much better gaming experience for me than something like Dragon Age 3 would. And the investment is much lower per game.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 18:22 Julio

harlock wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 13:54:
NewMaxx wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 13:01:
I don't really see how it originally had anything to do with women, to be honest.

its bait and switch.. the same manipulative dumbfucks who try to game the journalism circles and "control culture" or whatever the fuck, are the same assholes who are pushing the misogyny agenda to get the attention off of them

Harlock's got it exactly right. The anti-GG side is trying to shift the discussion from ethics to women; as they don't want too close an examination of the lack of gaming journalism ethics. We'll get there eventually, but at this rate it will take months. #GG isn't going to stop, and momentum is clearly on it's side.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 19:56 Julio

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 19:44:
this is what happens when someone tries to open a dialog with the other side.[/url] Pretty sure that this is "harassment" from their end now.

I'm sure they'll tell you that it's not harassment and it was justified. The funniest part to me was that at the top of the screenshot it says they're looking for moderators. Guess it's hard to keep up with banning everyone who is pro-GG.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 19:25 Julio

Phasenoise wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:06:
The article outlines how he wishes people would trust them as developers and not assume they are just blindly nodding along with Sarkeesian or other critics.
It seems strange that would be a reason to not buy a game.

I'm not interested in financially supporting anti-GG games, of which DA3 is now one.

PropheT wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:02:
Did you even read what he said?
...Anyway, you might want to actually read the article instead of just condemning anyone with a different viewpoint out of hand.

Absolutely, I read the article multiple times. I find it interesting that you condemn me for having a different viewpoint.

Slick wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 15:08:
just one more example of of pro-GG people sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming: "nyah nyah, i can't hear you, i've made up my mind, i hate you".

there's absolutely no way he read the article. with 30-second armchair appraisers like him around, they don't deserve to play the masterful games this industry is capable of.

Typical SJW type behavior again. Seems like you're the one "sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming" by making false assumptions.

If the only people who "deserve" to play "masterful games" are the anti-GG group, it's would be a very small industry. In fact, I'm completely open to games being made that are all about what anti-GG want. You buy them, you make them and stay out of the pro-GG gaming scene.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 11:40 Julio

I think we proved pretty conclusively that the Newsweek article was completely wrong yesterday.

In other #GG news, the pro-GG side has now surpassed $100,000 of fundraising for charitable causes. Curious what the anti-GG group has done to step up to the plate. And no - giving cash to the anti-GG spokespeople doesn't count.

http://gamergate.me/charity/

As for Kluwe, nobody's 'after him' as he's irrelevant and a nobody. Though good on him for trying to take advantage of #GG to build his profile. Wonder when his Kickstarter is coming to create videos?

And one more reason to not purchase DA3 is provided - thanks Gaider!

The NYTimes really seems into fighting #GG, wonder why? Could they be worried about a closer look at ethics in journalism?

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2014, 11:50.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
49. Re: Breitbart Oct 26, 2014, 05:13 Julio

Lies and Gamergate Statistics

Another (not as good, but still has some relevant points) article showing the flaws in Newsweek's "research".

Summary #GG to Date

Also a good summary of how #GG got to where it is, along with evidence on the various issues.

News Comments > etc., etc.
151. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2014, 05:04 Julio

beremot wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 22:25:
The first category basically involves getting called names or being made fun of--the same basic experience that has apparently left you so traumatized. And it's true--if you look ONLY at this basic category, Pew says men are more likely to bear the brunt of it than women--44% vs. 37%.

And that's one of our main differences - that I believe believe being called offensive names, being purposely embarrassed, being physically threatened, and being harassed for a sustained period are all important. And men are more likely to experience each of these types of harassment. I'm not surprised that anti-GG don't view harassment the same way the pro-GG side does. The movements also don't define ethics, misandry, misogyny, or bullying the same way.

Breaking it down for those who aren't looking at the link
______________________________Men___Women___Difference
Offensive Names:_______________32____22________+10
Purposely Embarrassed:_________24____20_________+4
Physically Threatened:_________10_____6_________+4
Harassed for Sustained Period:__8_____7_________+1
Stalked:________________________6_____9_________-3
Sexually Harassed:______________4_____7_________-3

What it also tells me is that men are affected by stalking and sexual harassment even though women suffer more of it. So it's a relevant issue for both genders. And both deserve to not be harassed.

As far as worrying about a specific age group i.e. women 18-24...why should I only worry about them and not about all women and all men? I'm inclusive - like #GG as a whole; and unlike those against #GG.

33. Re: Breitbart Oct 25, 2014, 19:36 Julio

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 19:24:
Interesting. I'd like to see more context with the 'bullying actually is good' tweet. If it's a 'Biddle is right, we totally should bully people who disagree with us' thing, well hey.

Seems to be something he's done more than once

I don't see any context from him to show he's not in the Biddle camp. Of course, he'll probably say it was a joke of some kind like Biddle. Wonder if Newsweek will give him a promotion, hey it worked at Gawker...

30. Re: Breitbart Oct 25, 2014, 19:13 Julio

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 14:28:
Newsweek has Brandweek analyze tweets, and lo and behold, most aren't about journalism.

And Newsweek's reporter has come out in support of bullying...will he lose his job, or will Newsweek continue to show their SJW support.

Newsweek supports bullying?

Also an interesting article on how Newsweek may be fudging the numbers...

Newsweek fudging the numbers?

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2014, 19:19.

29. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 25, 2014, 19:06 Julio

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 18:15:
I do have to thank Beamer. He's actually criticizing me, and doing so poor of a job that it's just going to expose how weak his case is.

It's definitely entertaining, looking forward to more of your posts.

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 17:08:
1) Totally ignored AAA publishers, the ones that are actually behind any real ethical violation

Why ignore ethical violations in game journalism and the indie scene? That's where the more interesting games are being made, and where a lot of deserving games are being shortchanged by the corruption.

7) Found absolutely 0 examples of unethical journalism.

That depends on your definition of ethics, which is probably like that definition of misogyny. I think the #GG side has found plenty of examples of ethical journalism violations.

8) Made Anita Sarkeesian somewhat of a small celebrity outside of games, despite her not being a journalist

I'm pretty sure the #GG group didn't force her to start a kickstarter, and turn misandry into a job. It's the SJWs who have made her their celebrity savior.

9) Made all gamers look like petty little manchildren

I would say that #GG supporters have shown that male gamers are not all emasculated men. Of course there probably are some in the #GG side, and of course they are welcome given it's an inclusive group. And that there are plenty of intelligent women as well in the #GG group.

147. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 18:39 Julio

Julio wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 06:32:
I've already posted evidence in one of the threads that harassment against men is higher than against females.

beremot wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 11:27:
That's so weak. Just more ducking and running. Oh, you presented the evidence in some other thread? Well, that's proof enough for me, I guess. I will concede the argument.

Say, how about you present your evidence in this thread, so I can evaluate your source and any studies that actually support your conclusion? You know ... some actual evidence to back up your claim?

http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/10/22/online-harassment/

There's your evidence. There's no need to concede any argument to you, as you're more interested in shifting the discussion.

132. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 06:32 Julio

beremot wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 00:15:
Are you aware of some statistic that proves that men are sexually abused, raped, sold as sex slaves, etc, etc, in anywhere near the number that women are? And if so, could you please link me to these amazing statistics?

I've already posted evidence in one of the threads that harassment against men is higher than against females. Where we differ in opinion is that I believe all harassment is wrong, while the anti-GG side believes it's ok if its against a man.

There are plenty of men who are sexually abused, raped, and sold as sex slaves - so is that ok in your world?

beremot wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 00:15:
It's not like you would decide they hadn't suffered enough, that they needed to lose their job as well.

When someone's career is based on having an image of representing a group of people - and they no longer do, then it's time for their employer to go with someone else. I equate Felicia Day joining the anti-GG side similar to if the head of the NAACP joined the KKK. I would think the NAACP would not be interested in retaining them.

It is no different than advertisers abandoning the anti-GG, pro bullying Gawker.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2014, 06:45.

131. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 06:23 Julio

ASeven wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 02:07:
Loopy wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 00:46:
I haven't been keeping up on the corporate side of this. I've heard Intel and some others have pulled advertising from some sites. How have those sites responded, and have the changes (if any) they've made to their journalism codes been effective yet?

Believe it or not, they actually insulted their ex-advertisers.

Also add that Sam Biddle is getting promoted at Gawker for his pro-bullying stance. So I'd say Gawker is digging in on their support of bullying. Though given the advertisers keep dropping, let's see how long they survive.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 25, 2014, 06:18 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 19:25:
Julio wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 18:49:
Another reason to wait and see on DA3.
Because it's missing actual fellatio?

Hitting a button for actual fellatio is the only way to improve on hitting a button for awesome!

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
10. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Oct 25, 2014, 06:10 Julio

I think this list proves Gamergate is real.  

108. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2014, 19:51 Julio

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 18:04:
Anyway, back in a bit. Got a few more emails to fire off to some advertisers. It's apparently quite effective.

Looks like it's working. Apparently Gawker is losing some more: Colgate and GM have dropped them.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2014, 19:57.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 24, 2014, 18:49 Julio

Another reason to wait and see on DA3.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 24, 2014, 18:11 Julio

If there's no interest on Kickstarter, your pitch/game isn't a good idea or nobody knows about it. I'd suggest the pitch/game in this case (though I didn't know about it before the article either).

Doesn't look like something I'd play.

2226 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo