Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2744 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2015, 20:52 Julio

KS wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 17:31:
i wonder how much of this will be creating quasi-sealed or "safe" communities where dissent is "banned".

Dissent isn't "banned" on Twitter, it's not going to exist anymore Twitter's looking for everyone to drink that Kool Aid. Twitter thought police...

Wonder what will happen when a competitor that doesn't force it's beliefs on others shows up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 20:49 Julio

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 15:31:
So why doesn't that one major critic go out and make games for them if there's such an obvious, untapped market?

Good question. Let's see them invest their money (or the cash they make from Patreon accounts) in this if they think it's such a winning idea.

News Comments > Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel
31. Re: Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel Jun 11, 2015, 20:45 Julio

Given Logitech really cut back on quality on their other products, I can't see dropping $400 for a wheel that will probably break in about a year or less.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
16. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 20:23 Julio

Dirty Butler wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:24:
Why any gamer wouldn't move to Win 10 and DX12 is beyond me.

Because Microsoft did such a great job on Windows 8. Add in costs for paying for updated programs that are Win 10 compatible. Then let's see about those Windows 10 as a service costs in the future.

The real question is - does Windows 10 give any real benefit to gamers. So far I'm not seeing any. DX12 which won't be supported fully for ages is not a good reason.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jun 11, 2015, 05:46 Julio

If the work conditions are terrible, people have the choice to leave the industry. So be it - eventually there will be a natural correction.

The IGDA is an (allegedly) corrupt organization anyways, it's like taking advice from the former heads of FIFA. Unless they're giving advice on corruption, they're not worth listening to.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 11, 2015, 05:40 Julio

Microsoft trying to up the pressure to go to Windows 10. They more they do, the more I think it must be a trainwreck like Windows 8.

I'm fine skipping the Xbox One Wireless controller, PS4 is better anyways.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2015, 18:46 Julio

If he's got nothing better to do with the money, why not? Each to their own.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2015, 18:37 Julio

jimnms wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 11:31:
Julio wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 05:32:
I see why you so strongly are pro-dog shit then.

I'm not pro anything, I'm anti animal cruelty and anti ass hole.

Self hate is a bad thing. Learn to love yourself.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced
6. Re: Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced Jun 9, 2015, 18:25 Julio

I look forward to any D&D game, but this one I'm going to have to wait for more information. They've held too much back on key features for me to preorder.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2015, 05:37 Julio

Nuhauser wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 02:08:
Really not sure why you guys are so late to the GOT hate on party. The very moment I saw the Sand Snakes I was reaching for the fast forward button.

The Sand Snake boob scene was the top moment of season 5, don't fast forward and miss it! The low to me was the pedophile scene, what's up next bestiality?

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2015, 05:32 Julio

jimnms wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 21:12:
The shit in my yard is mostly my dog's shit and I never shoveled shit before mowing.
I see why you so strongly are pro-dog shit then.

You don't care if someone else's dog gets hurt, but you would if it were your dog.
It's an animal, if I don't own it I care as much for it as a random cow or pig - which a lot of people eat for dinner. And before you extrapolate it to me eating dogs, no I don't think I'd want to eat one.

You don't like getting dog shit on your shoes, but you'll pick it up and put it in someone's mailbox just to get revenge? What does that say about you as a person? You're lucky your neighbor didn't have you in jail for messing with a mail box.

No mail itself was interfered with, the box was empty before and too full afterwards for anything but a note telling them that I was returning what they left on my property to them. What it says about me as a person was that I treated their property exactly how they treated mine.

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
13. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 18:15 Julio

Redmask wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 17:09:
I am kinda stoked for Mighty No 9, I will just wait for that. Capcom really screwed up the franchise so I don't feel like rewarding them.

I'd rather reward Capcom than the SJW game Mighty No 9.

http://theralphretort.com/tag/mighty-no-9/
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Mighty_Number_9

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2015, 18:26.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 8, 2015, 18:14 Julio

Task wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 10:02:
Nice, he is biding his time. It would be a dream come true miracle if Bethesda broke down and agreed to contract inXile (or Obsidian) to make an Isometric Fallout.

I'm ok with inXile doing Wasteland 3 instead. Bethesda's involvement would probably spell disaster to it.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 18:10 Julio

jimnms wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 10:05:
Why do you shovel it before cutting it? Just mow over it and you'll never know it was there.

Because picking shit out of the treads of your shoes isn't fun.

jimnms wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 10:05:
You can wipe the shit off, you can't bring back a dead pet.

It's not my pet. If it gets injured trespassing on my property, that's the owners fault.

I can't say that I've ever done what the chocolate chip guy did - but I understand where he's coming from and how he ended up there.

I did fill someone's mailbox with their own dog's shit that was left on my lawn - because I knew exactly who it was. And they learned not to do it again as a result.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 8, 2015, 18:01 Julio

Hasn't Uwe Boll made himself enough money to fund his own terrible films?  

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
47. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 17:58 Julio

Icewind wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 10:17:
It's just angry little pissant nobody developers (Who are SJWs) whining about finally being unable to trick people into buying their garage-developed garbage.

Exactly.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 06:46 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 22:30:
A guy I knew let his dog roam free. Dog shits in neighbor's yard consistently. Neighbor puts out antifreeze. Dog drinks it. Dog dies of renal failure.

Just like people who let their cats roam free, dogs roaming free also can get killed by various things in the environment. It's the price for placing your pet's freedom over the rights of other people.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 06:43 Julio

jimnms wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 03:05:
I don't understand people who are so goddamn anal about their yards. It's free fertilizer, and it's good for your lawn. I don't give a shit about my lawn.

Too bad you don't live next to the chocolate chip guy, you could have a sign saying please have your dogs shit on my lawn, no need to pick it up. The kid who cuts your lawn wouldn't love piles of shit everywhere.

Personally I don't like shoveling shit out of the lawn when I cut it. Not much worse than stepping in a fresh turd from a huge dog.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2015, 13:45 Julio

His yard, his chocolate chips. No issue from my point of view. It's not difficult to keep a dog on a leash off someone's property.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 6, 2015, 18:58 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:30:
Yeah, I'm sure the devs put up a huge "Mission Accomplished!" sign in their office. They played it perfectly.

And so did those who have Patreon accounts that "help" them fight it. A win all around.

2744 Comments. 138 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo