Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2533 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
104. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 17:07 Julio

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:42:
What is it you really need to get out Julio, were you abused as a child, did your wife leave you?

I hope you're not making a living as a psychiatrist or as a mind reader. Let's just say that I could easily afford to drop a ton of cash on Star Citizen, but I think that would be foolish in the extreme.

I'm against pay-to-win in gaming - it really doesn't matter whether I can afford it or not. I don't like to see people priced out of this hobby based on their income.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 06:27 Julio

Jackplug wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:19:
Game funding has to be something you feel really strong about, an tbh I really feel this game is gonna fall well short of its target!

If everyone gives just one more dollar around the world, Star Citizen can be saved and deliver on everything it promises. Think of the children!

71. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 06:23 Julio

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:20:
you merely paint me as some fanatical fanboy.

Putting in $3200 alone gets you the fanboy t-shirt.

68. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 06:08 Julio

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 05:33:
Actually I'm in for over $3200...If I have it to spend/waste then what business is it of yours to say how I spend it?

It's not my business how you spend your money. Star Citizen sounds like it's the perfect thing for you. You should put more into the game.

Shooting down the peons in their starter space craft while cruising around in luxury sounds like great entertainment...

65. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 05:22 Julio

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 05:07:
They don't want to see the positive in anything, because on the inside they are miserable, and until they are able to make everyone else as miserable as they are they won't be happy. Back to your cave troll, solicit your douchebaggery elsewhere.

You bought the $1200 ship didn't you? Again, we'll see in 3500 years when the game is done. Back to your pretend spaceship fanboi, shill your turd elsewhere.

51. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 20:38 Julio

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:07:
yet everyone here is saying it is pay to win... ???

Although we've beaten the pay-to-win discussion to death, I'm interested in how buying a $1200 ship isn't paying to win. That ship will give an advantage to some players over others. Let's hear how it doesn't.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 21, 2015, 17:43 Julio

I think we're at the point there should just be an NSA unremovable app on each phone. Might as well just make it in the open.  

42. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 17:34 Julio

grudgebearer wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:46:
Julian Delphiki wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:29:
shilling...shilling shilling shilling...shilling shilling.

Signed up on 2/21/2015, just to post in this thread. How much do you get paid to defend this hookers-and-blow for Chris Roberts scheme?

Yep - shill located.

StealthR6 wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 14:27:
I've never seen a bunch of crying little babies as I see on here...I bet all whiners on here are either console games who can't get SC or player who despise all space games.

Star Citizen is a game for those without gaming skill - a space sim with training wheels that you can buy. Some of us like space games and shockingly can afford both consoles and good PCs (probably because we're not giving our cash to Chris Roberts). This isn't a real space game, it's a pay-to-win turd.

We'll see who is right in 3500 years when it's done.

14. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:16 Julio

DangerDog wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:12:
Do you have to pay space tax too?

I can see space taxation as a 'stretch' goal at $80 million. Got to keep that money rolling in.

1. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 10:53 Julio

Star Citizen is going to ensure to drain as many people's wallets as possible, and they will not settle for less. Pay-to-win/Microtransaction hell.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2015, 05:23 Julio

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 22:10:
Look at all the Sun readers in this country and that's no surprise. I can't stand it anymore.

But the Liberals support this bill, so it must be good - right?

(Please note that I am not criticizing this or any other government policy that could destabilize anything in Canada) - I don't want to go to jail

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 18:59 Julio

A PS4 demo can hurt a developer when the game is crap. Really don't need an "industry veteran" to explain that one

As for the console vs PC argument - I'm a believer in having both. Some games are better on console, and some on PC.

News Comments > Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux
21. Re: Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux Feb 19, 2015, 18:54 Julio

Glad I didn't back anything from DF, it's clear they are not worth supporting in any way.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 18, 2015, 20:58 Julio

Guys aren't into tampons (well I don't know of any that are - maybe there's a tampon fetish out there). So nope, they wouldn't make a game called "Tampon Run".  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans
4. Re: Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans Feb 18, 2015, 20:52 Julio

Clearly a good use of the term "Battlefield Veterans". Served their country well...  

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
23. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 18, 2015, 20:50 Julio

Microsoft's previous claims when trying to flog the latest iteration of Windows have been questionable. This one is no different - just some BS to sell Windows 10 and move things to "services" rather than software.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2015, 18:16 Julio

Ars is a SJW site. You have to question anything you read there - I would trust the national enquirer more.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 12:43 Julio

$12+ per hour of gameplay is way too pricey. And if half is cut scenes that's $24+ per hour.

No thanks. Bargain bin title.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2015, 14:16 Julio

Umbragen wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 10:05:
I'd think all you no-government wingnuts would be glad the EPA was wasting time wackin' it, rather than, ya know, enforcing the law.

That just doesn't make sense to me at all. Why would I be glad taxpayer money is being thrown away for nothing? Only a left wing "wingnut" would think that is logical.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 14, 2015, 14:12 Julio

Ars clearly doesn't like Kickstarter, maybe they're not getting their blowjobs for press from them...  

2533 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo