Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2036 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
18. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2014, 19:18 Julio

Hyatus wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 17:24:
But, until everyone gets a fair shake, we have to accept that because of the way we look, whether we want it that way or not, we experience life a lot more positively.

Discrimination against anyone for the way they look/act/who of legal age they sleep with is wrong. And that applies to discrimination against straight white males.

LGBT gamers can feel free to have a gaming con; however that does not seem to be inclusive to me. So it's as wrong as having a straight white males gaming con.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 19:10 Julio

It looks like PBS NewsHour doesn't believe in actually checking any facts before posting fake news. So who ordered the burgers & fries there?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
27. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 05:47 Julio

Great to see more and more stretch goals, this is either going to be the best game ever or the worst screwup in gaming history. Either way, I'll enjoy watching while munching on popcorn over here.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 18, 2014, 05:44 Julio

InBlack wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 03:30:
Until then, you can go and vote and shit but its not gonna change anything. Two party system democracy, lol. What a joke.

True, meet the new politicians, same as the old ones. Doesn't matter who is voted in, its always the same.

The corporations are in charge, not the people.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
19. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 18, 2014, 05:42 Julio

mag wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 01:58:
That is insane.

Yes their pricing is insane, the rest is math. Their website says 20 hours of gameplay for LoG2, but doesn't say how many hours LoG1 was. Although it's been a long time since I played LoG1, I think 20 hours was probably about right.

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: etc., etc. Sep 18, 2014, 05:39 Julio

Glad to see more evidence come to light, hope there's more and more digging. It appears these corrupt collaborators are not too worried about security.  

13. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 20:08 Julio

mag wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 19:20:
Oblivion could regularly be gotten for $5, which means that Skyrim at $60 was overpriced by at least $50?

If Oblivion's regular price at launch was $37.50; then they decided to charge $60 for Skyrim, it would be overpriced to me by $22.50. A $5 sale price on Oblivion would just be that much more over the top.

To me charging a huge premium for a sequel isn't worth paying - I'd consider preordering if the price was similar to last time. I might as well wait for it to go on sale, figure it will hit $5 soon enough.

$15 for LoG2 is fair; $24 is greed. I can hold out for $5 sale price if they're going to be greedy. There's plenty of other games to play soon.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2014, 18:50 Julio

Pigeon wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 16:20:
I suppose she could always get an MBA and go work as a bank executive. Then she could legally steal from vulnerable populations.

Lots of money in being a politician. She could go with a platform of an iPad for every voter.

11. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 18:42 Julio

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 18:36:
A $9 price increase for a total of $24 makes a game "overpriced" now?

When LoG1 gets discounted to half price or less on sales, yes a 60% price increase on regular price to $24 is too much for the sequel.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2014, 17:56 Julio

Although I didn't get a response to my email to Jeff Bezos, I did ask him to bend over Hachette and give it to them good.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
14. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 17:44 Julio

Prez wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 15:52:
Very cool. A very successful kickstarter story.

Agreed, fully enjoyed it and happy to have backed it. Great game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Samsung Gear VR 'superior to first-gen Oculus', Climax claims Sep 15, 2014, 20:13 Julio

At least they found a use for the Oculus Rift...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2014, 20:05 Julio

PropheT wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 13:02:
I'd argue that the clear winner is the person who doesn't limit themselves to one system.

Agreed, currently I'm mostly using the PC, PS4, PS3 and Vita. My Xbox 360, Wii, and Gamecube are gathering dust at this point. So I'd look at the PC and Sony as the winners; with Microsoft and Nintendo the losers.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 20:01 Julio

Beamer wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 11:32:
And then you have people like Julio, who gleefully make never ending references to "burgers and fries," which would imply that he's not very interested in anything beyond a woman having sex

I'm mainly interested in two things about Gamergate, which are about a bigger picture than who a particular woman sleeps with for personal gain.

1) Corruption/Fraud in game 'journalism', indie game contests and gamejams
2) Sexism against men by the SJWs and their websites

The interesting thing about the "burgers and fries" is that without investigative reporting, it's quite possible a lot of people have ordered the 'burgers and fries' to take a particular side on this issue or bury the truth.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 15, 2014, 19:29 Julio

Does this Pachter guy ever get anything right?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 14, 2014, 14:10 Julio

Eirikrautha wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:14:
I wonder which judges have a financial interest in the games they are judging this year.

They should have a special category for that as well as contestants who offer sex to the judges. Independent game awards have no credibility anymore.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 14, 2014, 12:06 Julio

I've noticed Microsoft bricking PCs in the past when they want consumers to upgrade their operating system. Wonder if that's the plan here again? Or are they just incompetent?  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 14, 2014, 12:03 Julio

I'd be all for getting my HBO similar to Netflix. Unfortunately I think it would be priced too high for the limited content they have that I haven't seen.  

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
17. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 12:00 Julio

This continues to suck for those who don't want to buy an XflopOne. Hope the Vita version still arrives.

Microsoft will turn Minecraft into the modern day equivalent of Zune, Windows 8, GFWL etc. Guess this is their way of lighting 2.5 billion on fire.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 13, 2014, 17:12 Julio

Home Depot should have just posted all our credit card info themselves for the amount of diligence they put into security. Hope they take it hard from lawsuits.  

2036 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo