Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 1655 (Pro)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2014, 08:41 Julio

No thanks to Google Glass for medical staff.

1) Privacy Issues with the data. Your medical data is unsecure enough as it is.

2) There's plenty of doctors that have been convicted for taking advantage of patients. Great, now they can add it to their personal video collection.

Google Glass is still for pervs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 14, 2014, 05:21 Julio

Keeping that cash offshore to avoid taxes, works for the elites, just not for the rest of us. Time for that flat worldwide tax.  

News Comments > PopCap Layoffs
7. Re: PopCap Layoffs Mar 13, 2014, 19:52 Julio

Seems like there's enough layoffs to have a recurring weekly section. No surprise, it wasn't painful, and they're not really sorry.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2014, 05:55 Julio

ViRGE wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 20:56:
Windows 7 reaches the half-life mark this October. So there's no sense loading it on new machines when it only has another 5 years of support left.

But that's 5 more years of a Windows OS that works well. That gives five years for competitive OS to get their act together. A lot of people will be looking for alternatives to Windows in five years with the way things are going.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2014, 05:49 Julio

"Regulated" probably includes the government printing plenty of bitcoins to devalue the currency.  

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 12, 2014, 19:08 Julio

Looks like we're going to see PC sales drop again after October.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 12, 2014, 05:25 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 21:25:
Are they blocked in other countries?

I'm kind of surprised this took so long. DVDFab has been around a long time. So, where can you get this now? Torrent only?

Yes, they blocked them in other countries as well, though they're setup alternate sites to deal with it apparently. I don't own/use their software, but it's a bad precedent.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2014, 19:23 Julio

I get why the US is blocking domains within its country, but not sure how they have the right to block what other countries can access. It's just another small step to the inevitable end of internet freedom.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015
20. Re: The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015 Mar 11, 2014, 18:38 Julio

I love RPGs, but isometric/top down only, so the Witcher is not for me. In general though, I'd rather get a game later and done right, than a buggy mess earlier.

No rush for any game, there's always something else to play.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
65. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 06:50 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 03:26:
Restaurants are kind of a special case b/c of tipping (I think we should get rid of tipping altogether, but that's a different discussion). Doesn't seem like we should just scuttle raising the min wage just for restaurants though. Some kind of exemption should work.

Completely agree on eliminating tipping - restaurant owners should pay their staff what they're worth. Not to mention that would help with more fair taxation, so the non-restaurant workers don't have to pay more than their share of taxes. Given we all know those tips aren't claimed on income taxes.

But then again, I'm all for legal prostitution so it can be taxed as well.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 11, 2014, 06:47 Julio

Anonymous future quote from 'explorer'..."I was peeking under stalls in the bathroom, and no it wasn't creepy"  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $40M
25. Re: Star Citizen Passes $40M Mar 11, 2014, 06:45 Julio

Kosumo wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 01:27:
What about Derek Smart who has made this type of game before. And released it. Many times. More recently than Chris Roberts as well?

I'm surprised one of the stretch goals isn't bringing Derek Smart on board.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 17:54 Julio

I'll pick up MMX if it gets sold on GOG and they patch out Uplay. Eventually it will probably get there  

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 10, 2014, 17:51 Julio

I'm happy with Blu-ray, I don't really see the need for 4K. The amount of time it would take me to download a 4K movie...assuming that's the planned method of legitimate distribution.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
40. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 17:46 Julio

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 13:10:
Sony/MS should look at making one compatible system between them (split royalties 50%) and upgrade it but also keep 100% functionality, possibly yearly or bi-yearly updates. I'd also say add k/m support, but then I'm just dreaming...

That's not going to happen, as MS is taking a beating from PS4. Not really sure on the incentive for Sony when they can take the whole pie. I can also see people walking away from consoles altogether if they're forced to have the NSA SpyboxOne in their homes.

To me the issue with the current gen (aka 'next gen') is that the games are not there. One concerning example is EA making it's FIFA World Cup game for last gen (aka 'current gen') only. I'm not a diehard soccer fan, so that's the title I would have bought over the yearly iterations of FIFA. Now EA isn't going to get a sale at all from me. I can wait another 4 years and pickup the PS4 world cup game then if EA isn't still making it last gen exclusive still.

If the costs of creating games are getting excessive, then they need to figure out how to manage those costs more effectively - and put out games that are worth playing. Trying to monetize everything by having full priced games with microtransactions for everything such as NBA2K did isn't the long term solution. Good games sell well and make plenty of money.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 9, 2014, 20:44 Julio

DangerDog wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 15:18:
It's probably also bad juju for Microsoft to be doing this, seems like every reporter on the internet wants to stick a fork in the console project known as "xbox one".

Maybe Microsoft is digging a hole to start burying XboxOnes Or it could be copies of Windows 8, Zune, or Surface tablets.

News Comments > East vs. West Cancelled; Knocked
2. Re: East vs. West Cancelled; Knocked Mar 9, 2014, 13:21 Julio

I can see why they're trying to distance themselves given Indiegogo gives them the money even if they don't hit their goal.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 9, 2014, 11:05 Julio

I'm surprised they didn't try to sneak Bing in there.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
42. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:55 Julio

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 08:43:
Waiting for reviews.

I can give you the PC Gamer one now... "98%"

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 20:06 Julio

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:43:
And the race to the end of virtual currency is on.

Well $50,000 in bitcoin will soon be worth $5.00 in a physical currency. So it's not really that big of a loss

1655 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo