Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 1868 (Pro)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SSI Vets form TSI
9. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 8, 2014, 17:23 Julio

Love those gold box games. They need to run a Kickstarter on this right away!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
18. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 16:43 Julio

Harrowing wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 12:29:
Star Citizen farts, Bluesnews posts about it. It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

When people drop over $1000 on virtual ships, it's guaranteed to draw some posts. At a minimum from those who invested that kind of money in it. It's the biggest crowd funded pay-to-win game in history.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2014, 16:40 Julio

I think iPads can be a useful device to kids who have special needs. For the rest of the students, I don't think they need them.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2014, 16:36 Julio

Longswd wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 15:49:
...and you can't do that until you can first prove that the monkey is mentally competent.

The monkey is more mentally competent than a vast amount of people. I'd go with the monkey over just about any politician for starters.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2014, 05:57 Julio

Why would I let someone use my internet service for free? I can think of a lot of reasons why not (illegal downloads, slowing my service, having to pay extra power/usage fees etc).

I'd rather just have the ISPs provide internet to all of us for free, that makes even better sense!

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
30. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 7, 2014, 05:52 Julio

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 19:08:
Bullshit. Keep fucking that high horse you're on.

Not stealing software I guess is being on a high horse to some. Personally if I were a software pirate I'd just man up and admit it without trying to pretend there's a legitimate reason for it.

Prez wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 19:55:
To be fair they were sharing experiences, not trying to justify piracy.

They are sharing their reason why they pirate games. I agree they're not trying to justify all software piracy.

Redmask wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 19:53:
I'm not trying to justify piracy but some things you can only tell by playing yourself, saying to watch Youtube is not a reliable way for me to find out. A demo is a reliable way. Piracy is not a demo of course and I don't bother with it myself, it's much easier to just find something else to play where they do offer a demo or trial.

I leverage Youtube, user reviews; and demos/trials if they're available. If the game looks like it could be mediocre and has no legal option to try it - I'll just pass on it. Not like there's a shortage of games out there. Those who can't could wait for a huge sale on it, eventually almost every game goes for next to nothing.

19. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 18:45 Julio

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 18:12:
And this is why I torrent games first..if I play it more than two hours and get enjoyment out of those two hours, I feel that I am morally obligated to purchase the game.

Quinn wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 18:17:
I'm with you on this a 100%. As a matter of fact, thanks to piracy I'm absolutely certain I've bought more games than I ever would without it!

There's no need for piracy to know if a game is crap. But it's a nice attempt to justify piracy.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 13:02 Julio

Have a good vacation!

I'm amazed that countries don't close their borders to the Ebola outbreak region. Definitely means we'll all be dead when there's a pandemic. Politicians lack testicular fortitude.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Synology NAS users hit with Cryptolocker variant. Aug 6, 2014, 12:59 Julio

garrywong wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 11:55:
If you have data on your harddrive that you can't live without if it was gone tomorrow, then you must back it up. It doesn't matter if it's 5TB or 500TB, there exist a myriad of backup solutions for almost any kind of situation.

Definitely agree, I've got two backup sets of my essential data. Just in case the first backup doesn't work.

7. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 12:51 Julio

Did they add the description that the game is a piece of crap?  

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin
1. Re: Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin Aug 5, 2014, 16:04 Julio

I'm happy to have paid for a DRM free version from GOG. Was a great game in its day though.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2014, 14:33 Julio

I picked up Pure Pool for the PS4 and it's an ok game for $9. Their online servers aren't working for the PS4 either though.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2014, 14:31 Julio

J wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 12:47:
He may well find himself being... bored in prison. *wink* *nudge*

Which would give him a new way to hold and aim his next laser pointer.

News Comments > Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans
8. Re: Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans Aug 5, 2014, 14:28 Julio

Is a remake of a remake still called a remake? I guess so. I like the Resident Evil movies, but haven't liked the games since the first couple.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
23. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 14:26 Julio

Star Citizen just feels more and more like Battlecruiser with way more feature creep. For the next few years or more, it's going to be entertaining to keep watching this.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 5, 2014, 07:12 Julio

I have to give the Chinese credit for banning Windows 8, they know it's a piece of crap  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 5, 2014, 07:10 Julio

Companies love that unpaid overtime. Surprised that anyone actually cared from a legal perspective.  

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
21. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 14:37 Julio

Flatline wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 14:33:
Didn't that ship qualify for lifetime insurance? It was early enough in the fundraising run that it should have.

No idea, I'm curious what ships come with insurance and which ones aren't insured. Or is there an ongoing insurance fee?

19. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 14:30 Julio

Frijoles wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 11:29:
So what happens if this ship dies? I imagine if you bought a $1000 ship, you have it insured (maybe with that lifetime insurance thing they offered). Can you just go get another one? Or is it like a Titan death in EVE where you're just SOL if you lose it?

No idea, if anyone knows love to hear it. Otherwise I'd assume you spend another $1000. Or maybe they're selling insurance.

3. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 10:02 Julio

I wonder if the guys who don't buy in for the $1000 and up ships will be target practice.  

1868 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo