Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 1916 (Pro)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
116. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 18:32 Julio

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:30:
And she doesn't have a problem with hookers in games, she has a problem with the vast majority of games having hookers.

Do you see how you're deliberately ignoring the nuance of the argument? It's like someone saying they don't like Reese's Peanut Butter cups and you being angry that they're trying to take peanut butter from you.

But I like both my Reese's Peanut Butter cups and my peanut butter. She can't have either. I'd like the freedom for all games to have optional hookers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
113. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 18:27 Julio

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:22:
No. Jesus man, no they do not want to tell you what gaming content you can play. They're trying to get gaming content to not fit the same patterns over and over and over.

So she's ok with gaming content about hookers, in-game killing of both women and men etc? That seems a little different than what other posters have said and I've seen attributed to her. Now of course that's not necessarily what game content I want to play, but I want the freedom to play that if I wanted to.

News Comments > Op Ed
110. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 18:20 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:14:
Julio wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:04:

Perhaps, but Beamer loves to argue anything with anyone. Regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

Ridiculous hyperbole.

Really? Every thread I see Beamer arguing anything with anyone. I don't view that as a bad thing, that's his thing. As for whether or not his arguments make sense, I'm sure there's different opinions on that.

News Comments > Op Ed
107. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 18:18 Julio

Sho wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:12:
Julio wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:09:

If you think the SJW's aren't against men...

Well ... it depends on who you call a SJW, I guess. We're on different sides of this issue, does that make me a SJW though? Because I'm pretty damn happy with being a guy and expect to be treated fairly as one, too.

I don't know - are you an SJW? If you're for Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian I would say you are.

News Comments > Op Ed
104. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 18:15 Julio

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:10:
This is the entire problem with your worldview. Not everyone wants to bring you down. Most don't even care you exist.

Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian and the SJWs want to tell me what gaming content I can play and what offends their morals. They're also bullying those who believe otherwise; screwing their way to publicity; and accusing male gamers of misogyny.

So they're interested in 'bringing me down' since I'm a male gamer. I wouldn't care if they existed if they stopped screwing with my hobby.

News Comments > Op Ed
99. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 18:10 Julio

ASeven wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:02:
Nathan Grayson is a bit of a prick. Real life guillotine.

He's got worse problems, he's only got enough game to pull Zoe Quinn. When she needs a favor from him.

News Comments > Op Ed
97. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 18:09 Julio

Sho wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 17:51:
Julio wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 17:49:
Tell them they can take their man-hating products and shove 'em where the sun don't shine.

What's man-hating about any of this?

If you think the SJW's aren't against men...

News Comments > Op Ed
79. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 17:49 Julio

ASeven wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 17:39:
...To put it bluntly; you're winning. Advertisers have contacted our site, and I know they've contacted others, and they're fucking pissed...The most important thing to do now is not to back down...The single most effective thing you can do is contact advertisers..

I'm with this, time to start reaching out to advertisers on Kotaku, and the other 'gaming' sites that are burying this. Tell them they can take their man-hating products and shove 'em where the sun don't shine.

News Comments > Op Ed
74. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 17:46 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 16:54:
Even if this particular case was made up, Sarkeesian has received much more hate and death threats than she deserves.

I believe she (or her SJW groupies) are sending 'hate and death threats' to themselves. I don't hate her, she's just someone who figured out how to scam people for 'donations' for her 'work'. What causes her to make more videos is people making 'donations'. If scams work, they keep doing them.

The real story here is about journalists who bury the truth and refuse to investigate this. Sex and corruption should be good news. Blue's is one of the few sites not burying this, which I give him tremendous credit for.

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 17:38 Julio

Sho wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:32:
This is certainly a cheap shot now, but you are writing that a few posts removed from a comment comparing Sarkeesian to Hitler and Stalin ;).

Well technically I'm suggesting spending time examining Sarkeesian 'work' is worth about as much time to me as examining Hitler and Stalin's work.

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 15:20 Julio

Sho wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:09:
Julio wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:02:
But frankly I have as much interest studying the value of her 'work' as much as I do the work of Hitler and Stalin.

Speaking as a German citizen, if a couple more people had paid attention and applied critical thought to Hitler, things might have turned out better, ya know. So while I assume we both know this whole tangent is silly, I'm not sure the volley goes in your favor.

Although a tangent, the point was made again in the post below. Sarkeesian does not bring anything of value to the table worth applying critical thought to.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 15:04 Julio

Prez wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 14:57:
Beamer is too smart to not get this. it seems to me that he has a personal stake in this fight which is blinding him to reason however.

Perhaps, but Beamer loves to argue anything with anyone. Regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 15:02 Julio

Sho wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 14:55:
Call it arrogant, but I find it suspicious when someone claims to ... which also goes for Sarkeesian herself, which is why, again, critical examination of her work is generally welcome

I'm all for hearing a critical examination of her 'work'.

But frankly I have as much interest studying the value of her 'work' as much as I do the work of Hitler and Stalin. (There - I've taken the thread to the extreme by throwing in Hitler) Or a Nigerian scam artist, which I equate her pleas and fund raising to be similar to.

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
12. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 14:36 Julio

NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 14:01:
People would abuse the shit out of refund options if given half a chance.

If the gaming industry provided less half baked buggy and lousy games then the refund rates would be tolerable. If other industries did such a poor job on quality, then they'd be refunding plenty too.

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 13:36 Julio

harlock wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 02:22:
for someone so upset about the objectification and sexualization of female bodies, she sure does wear a bunch of make-up.. drawn on eyebrows and all that shit

It probably helps in trolling for game journalists...

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
9. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 13:34 Julio

I like the mild suggestion that Steam could pull out of Australia. How about some damages and jail time for people at Valve?  

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 13:29 Julio

commonperson wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:43:
The rape and death threats are out there for the public to see, this is not stuff any of them are making up. Doxing is quite public too.

Except there's proof that they made these claims up. Look for Aseven's posts for more details. And if anyone male or female goes into the kiddie multiplayer gaming pool on consoles or certain PC games they'll get threats. It comes with those young gamers under 18. None of them mean it seriously.

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 12:24:
So despite what Leigh Alexander bleats, it's actually far more likely that these young people that she hails as some kind of magnificent new generation are the ones acting like utter retards.

No need to insult the mentally challenged by lumping them in with the SJW crowd. Everytime I see a man-hating SJW article I now think...so what journalist just got laid in exchange for writing it?

On the lack of embracing new consoles, definitely that's true. I think the Xflop scared the publishers off.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
147. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 29, 2014, 06:27 Julio

Thanks for all the links ASeven, great reading. Looks like there are plenty of people on the internet who are becoming the real gaming journalists now...And for some reason I'm now associating a 'Game Jam' as when a SJW is screwing a member of the gaming press.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
84. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 29, 2014, 06:23 Julio

Prez wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 22:22:
Is there anyone NOT sick of this topic yet?...They are the fringe; they are the loons, not us.

A great post (though I cut out most of the middle). I think the SJW crowd has pushed this to sexism to hide the discussion of the lack of integrity in the gaming media.

My hope is that those who develop hardcore games know where the money is, which is not with the fringe SJW lunatics. And they shouldn't worry about the gaming press, who don't buy games themselves much anyways. A new gaming press will emerge from those who speak the truth, and SJW sites like Kotaku will die.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 28, 2014, 20:20 Julio

Glad to see the DOT has the interest of consumers at heart, when this is really just to spy on everyone. Just implant those tracking chips on everyone since it's going down that road.  

1916 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo