Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2005 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2014, 13:25 Julio

Guess Mighty No. 9 is making a bold SJW statement here. Or it's time to fire whoever is banning accounts on their behalf. Pretty risky move given a lot of their potential customer base is anti-SJW.

Wonder if they'll give full KS refunds to those banned?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2014, 13:23 Julio

descender wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 10:54:
Yup, people 65 and over have something like a 90% mortality rate when infected with the flu.

There's no way it's that high at 65+. They'd be dropping dead everywhere. All I could find quickly is the overall mortality rate from the flu which is somewhere between 0.084% and 0.32% for the population as a whole. And that's in the worst flu season in 30 years.

To me, my decision is clear (and I know medical professionals who have also made this decision).

I'd rather be dead from the flu (unlikely) than paralyzed by the shot.
If someone very old catches the flu from me (unlikely as I'm not one of those pricks who runs around coughing on everyone everywhere) and dies, so be it. I've got more years left than they do. And when I'm that old, I'm not expecting younger people to suffer for my benefit.

If you're at risk and don't want the flu, keep your distance from people you don't know. And people you do know hopefully care enough about you to not give it to you. One flu season I had to do that. It was hard, but very doable.

Not to mention that the flu shot is no guarantee of not getting the flu. They guess at what strains will be out each year; and frequently get it wrong. Educate yourselves or keep drinking that kool-aid, your choice.

Pharma companies love getting tax payer dollars for something we don't need.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2014, 13:43.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 21, 2014, 13:04 Julio

Thanks Home Depot!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2014, 05:40 Julio

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 22:51:
Julio wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 21:29:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 15:19:
Kids who died from flu last season: Most skipped vaccine.

Wonder how many people got paralyzed from the flu vaccine last season.

None. It doesn't do anything. I feel so sorry for the kids of people who don't get inoculations.....doesn't cause anything. ADD and all that other stuff is in place WAY before any shots are given.

Well you're lumping together the flu shot with autism. I don't believe autism is caused by vaccinations. We will eventually find a cause for it.

However, the flu shot can cause paralysis. Rare but it happens. 1.6 cases for every million in one study; 1 per 100,000 in another.

I'm not going to die from the flu most likely, so not risking paralysis. For those who believe in the government, go ahead. Personally I'd just prefer those who have the flu to stop going around and infecting the rest of us. Or drugging their kids up with medication and sending them to school to infect the rest of the kids. Who then spread it everywhere.

Cutter also brings up a good point on the waiver. If it's risk free, then why do you have to sign away your rights?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2014, 21:29 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 15:19:
Kids who died from flu last season: Most skipped vaccine.

Wonder how many people got paralyzed from the flu vaccine last season.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 20, 2014, 16:42 Julio

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 15:27:
Dear CRTC: Fuck you.

Seconded. Fuck the CRTC. Bunch of cronies of the old school cable companies pretending to be otherwise. Too bad the PM didn't disband them.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2014, 17:16 Julio

Time to add Ars to the SJW site list. Looks like they see no issues with collusion and lack of ethics. Hope they enjoy their downslide in readership.  

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2014, 17:15 Julio

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 16:02:
You just don't want to see the other perspective and its obvious in how dismissive & mocking every single post you make on the subject has been. It's quite apparent that no explanation will satisfy

Hit it right on the head, some SJWs are not worth your time.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2014, 06:08 Julio

ASeven wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 03:38:
Some of the emails have now been leaked to pastebin.

Thanks ASeven for providing the smoking gun here; as well as InBlack. Looks like 'game journalism' is a good career choice for guys who can't get laid otherwise based on those leaked emails.

Polygon, Eurogamer, GameSpot, Joystiq, Kotaku, Wired, RPS - am I missing any other journalism for SJW sex sites in the list?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
18. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2014, 19:18 Julio

Hyatus wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 17:24:
But, until everyone gets a fair shake, we have to accept that because of the way we look, whether we want it that way or not, we experience life a lot more positively.

Discrimination against anyone for the way they look/act/who of legal age they sleep with is wrong. And that applies to discrimination against straight white males.

LGBT gamers can feel free to have a gaming con; however that does not seem to be inclusive to me. So it's as wrong as having a straight white males gaming con.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 19:10 Julio

It looks like PBS NewsHour doesn't believe in actually checking any facts before posting fake news. So who ordered the burgers & fries there?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
27. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 05:47 Julio

Great to see more and more stretch goals, this is either going to be the best game ever or the worst screwup in gaming history. Either way, I'll enjoy watching while munching on popcorn over here.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 18, 2014, 05:44 Julio

InBlack wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 03:30:
Until then, you can go and vote and shit but its not gonna change anything. Two party system democracy, lol. What a joke.

True, meet the new politicians, same as the old ones. Doesn't matter who is voted in, its always the same.

The corporations are in charge, not the people.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
19. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 18, 2014, 05:42 Julio

mag wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 01:58:
That is insane.

Yes their pricing is insane, the rest is math. Their website says 20 hours of gameplay for LoG2, but doesn't say how many hours LoG1 was. Although it's been a long time since I played LoG1, I think 20 hours was probably about right.

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: etc., etc. Sep 18, 2014, 05:39 Julio

Glad to see more evidence come to light, hope there's more and more digging. It appears these corrupt collaborators are not too worried about security.  

13. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 20:08 Julio

mag wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 19:20:
Oblivion could regularly be gotten for $5, which means that Skyrim at $60 was overpriced by at least $50?

If Oblivion's regular price at launch was $37.50; then they decided to charge $60 for Skyrim, it would be overpriced to me by $22.50. A $5 sale price on Oblivion would just be that much more over the top.

To me charging a huge premium for a sequel isn't worth paying - I'd consider preordering if the price was similar to last time. I might as well wait for it to go on sale, figure it will hit $5 soon enough.

$15 for LoG2 is fair; $24 is greed. I can hold out for $5 sale price if they're going to be greedy. There's plenty of other games to play soon.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2014, 18:50 Julio

Pigeon wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 16:20:
I suppose she could always get an MBA and go work as a bank executive. Then she could legally steal from vulnerable populations.

Lots of money in being a politician. She could go with a platform of an iPad for every voter.

11. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 18:42 Julio

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 18:36:
A $9 price increase for a total of $24 makes a game "overpriced" now?

When LoG1 gets discounted to half price or less on sales, yes a 60% price increase on regular price to $24 is too much for the sequel.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2014, 17:56 Julio

Although I didn't get a response to my email to Jeff Bezos, I did ask him to bend over Hachette and give it to them good.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
14. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 17:44 Julio

Prez wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 15:52:
Very cool. A very successful kickstarter story.

Agreed, fully enjoyed it and happy to have backed it. Great game.

2005 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo