Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2534 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
45. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 4, 2015, 07:35 Julio

Here's the BF all in original MSRP pricing for anyone who wants to see how EA has driven up the pricing on this series. Sourced from various reviews at the time. So BF4 (and likely Hardline) will cost $5 less than BF1942 plus BF2 combined did.

BF Hardline - $120 (DD 70, Premium 50) - doesn't include unlock pricing
BF4 - $170 (DD 70, Premium 50, Ultimate short cut kit 50)
BF3 - $150 (Base game or Limited Ed 60, Premium 50, Unlock everything 40)
BF2 - $80 (Base game 40, Special forces expansion 20, Booster packs 10 each, there were two of them)
BF1942 - $95 (Base game 45, Road to Rome 20, Secret Weapons 30)

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2015, 07:41.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 3, 2015, 20:28 Julio

This one's like one alleged criminal going after another. Wonder if these guys were taxpayers in Rhode Island.  

42. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 3, 2015, 20:22 Julio

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 06:58:
Julio wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 06:03:
Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:01:
let's observe some facts (that you'll promptly disregard i'm sure) shall we?

BF1942 + all expansion packs = $110
BF2 + all expansion packs = $110
BF3 + all expansion packs = $110
BF4 + all expansion packs = $110

it really amazes me that people can be so fucking dumb

BF Hardline+all expansion packs = $120 in the US (assuming we're talking digital deluxe+premium which is "all")...but let's not let facts get in the way. I think others have already challenged your previous pricing 'facts'.

And the Digital Deluxe edition is not an expansion pack. it's some skins and some tweaked guns. If you need me to tell you what an expansion pack entails then you need more help than I can give.

If you want to play that game, then technically BF3 with those $5 kit/vehicle unlocks would add another $100 probably. so why not say that it's $200?

Is it too hard to believe the amazing fact that these games have been exactly the game price for over 10 years? $110 for each base game, with all the expansion packs.

FACTS BITCH
So you like to make up what is and isn't part of the game to fake that $110 price point each time.

How much is EA paying you to shill their turds again?

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Renamed; Launches Next Month
9. Re: Shadowrun Online Renamed; Launches Next Month Mar 3, 2015, 20:00 Julio

This one isn't from the developer of the good Shadowrun games. Waiting for those YouTube reviews.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 3, 2015, 19:57 Julio

So good news for the Dragon Age franchise in future installments, maybe it will stop being a poor combination of Twilight and Harlequin romance novels. Bad news for whatever else Bioware creates.  

35. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 3, 2015, 06:25 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 06:10:
Offline play with bots is why Battlefront 2 still gets played but Dice doesn't make games like that anymore.

That's why I still play the early BF games. Love offline play with bots. But EA doesn't want my money anymore as they'd rather have BF games with a limited shelf life to get another $120+ each time.

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2015, 06:20 Julio

NKD wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:35:
The concept of ethics in gaming journalism has been permanently poisoned. You can no longer talk about it, it's a forbidden topic literally anywhere that matters. Even if Mark Kern is a jerkwad, it's a good example of what will happen to ANY game developer who says anything about ethics.

I have to disagree with that you can't talk about #Gamergate anywhere that matters. Or are you saying Blue's doesn't matter

The sites that don't let you be pro-Gamergate are the ones that won't matter in the future.

News Comments > Op Ed
125. Re: Op Ed Mar 3, 2015, 06:14 Julio

beremot wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 22:04:
Of course being against SJWs doesn't make you a man ... you big silly!
It makes you a HE-MAN!....giant wall of meaningless text follows as usual

I think you're off your meds if you think that I'm looking to ensure SJW's are gone from the earth.

I don't care if there are a bunch of deluded SJWs running around - what I don't want is them deciding the future of gaming (primarily via collusion in the gaming media). Some people like getting told what to think, others think for themselves.

Cults are perfectly fine until they start infringing on the rights of others.

32. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 3, 2015, 06:03 Julio

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:01:
let's observe some facts (that you'll promptly disregard i'm sure) shall we?

BF1942 + all expansion packs = $110
BF2 + all expansion packs = $110
BF3 + all expansion packs = $110
BF4 + all expansion packs = $110

it really amazes me that people can be so fucking dumb

BF Hardline+all expansion packs = $120 in the US (assuming we're talking digital deluxe+premium which is "all")...but let's not let facts get in the way. I think others have already challenged your previous pricing 'facts'.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 05:53 Julio

Clearly nothing could be abused or wrong from everyone's DNA being available. I'm seeing a "clone, indoctrinate and replace" program on it's way...  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 05:50 Julio

ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 03:43:
f-ck the combat in this game. The tactical view is atrocious.

But this was "Game of the Year" by various supposedly reputable award shows? Maybe the game intro and credits were amazing and put them over the top if the combat didn't.

News Comments > RPG Character Transfer System
5. Re: RPG Character Transfer System Mar 3, 2015, 05:47 Julio

SDS has said they're going to announce a lot of things for March - here's to hoping their Kickstarter happens sooner than later.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 2, 2015, 13:03 Julio

Task wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 12:58:
Is everyone ready for Google's Ministry of Truth?

Wikipedia already owns that space and is guilty of similar offenses sadly.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
66. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 13:01 Julio

Slick wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 06:46:
nothing about Wraith is "right". but i suppose if anyone here would agree with him, it's you. You see you've made an impression on me. When i come across a post by someone named "Julio", I've come to expect a certain level of quality.

I'm glad I've made an impression, similar to how you have made an impression of being the BF/EA shill.

We'll see what type of impact Facebook has on the Oculus when it's done. My money is still on adware/spyware content.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 2, 2015, 12:56 Julio

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 11:03:
Oh ffs Google give it up already. No one wants your shitty G+ thingy, especially the way you tried to shove it down their throats.

I can only imagine how few people would have G+ if they didn't force tie it to Youtube accounts.

Google should focus on Google Fiber which is a service people want.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 2, 2015, 12:52 Julio

I'm curious if Star Citizen is going to charge an admission fee to the Nimoy memorial...  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 2, 2015, 12:50 Julio

I love the final quote in the #Gamergate article. Time for gamers to see where developers are going to stand.

Is it with the soon to be irrelevant anti-GG press or with those who buy games?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
22. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 12:43 Julio

I'm not heavily into FPS games, so will be passing on this. Wasteland 2 is the real Fallout series for me now, and I'm thrilled to have it. But I'm sure some of you guys are looking forward to this - hopefully it's good for you.  

17. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 12:41 Julio

Ravor wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 10:50:
So I guess you guys are all buying it then?

I'm sure Slick will be here soon touting it's greatness, but no I won't be buying this.

16. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 12:39 Julio

Glad there's going to be DLC. I was worried there for a moment that EA would actually give you a full game with your purchase.

BF is definitely going for that DLC/microtransaction audience now. I thought the beta was so bad that I wouldn't buy this even when it drops to $5.

2534 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo