Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2285 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
28. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 20, 2014, 12:41 Julio

I don't think the game failed because it wasn't on Steam. If it's a good enough game, most gamers will buy it anywhere.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 20, 2014, 05:45 Julio

I would go if it was anywhere near me. Wonder what's on the Pac-Menu?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 05:43 Julio

Sony pictures didn't cave, they bent over completely. If they didn't cave, they'd release the movie on Bluray immediately.  

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2014, 06:29 Julio

Quboid wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 01:51:
You switched from this being legally enforced to something stores handle, why?

I was answering Beamer's claim that it was impossible to not have regional pricing. The point was that technically it's quite possible.

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced
4. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 18, 2014, 19:17 Julio

I just haven't found any of the Telltale games good that I've tried. The story should be exceptionally exciting for these ones. I can only hope this is Xbox exclusive.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2014, 19:15 Julio

garrywong wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 15:59:
Why SHOULDN'T different regions have different prices based on the market and just damned simple economics? This is pretty basic for ANY kind of commerce.

And this wouldn't be a problem if people didn't abuse the system by buying low and then selling high. So they've now made that impossible.

It would be a free market that would allow me to purchase my games in a lower cost region and ship them to a higher cost region. In fact, I should be able to buy Steam games in Russia and resell them in North America for a profit.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2014, 19:12 Julio

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 15:54:
Julio wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 10:28:
Regional pricing should be illegal.

Didn't we go through this with you, like, two months ago?
What you're asking for is literally impossible

I'm curious to see how it's truly impossible for the same price to be offered across all regions. Steam has the technical ability to do it, so there's no barrier there.

As for the other arguments you've put forth:
a) Laws would be easy to pass in one region that prohibit this practice from happening in that region. Rinse and repeat for all regions.

b) Companies could come up with balanced and equal pricing that would make their money back on games. If I was to accept your original argument, they might as well price games based on everyone's individual level of wealth.

c) If the price is too high for some regions, then they go without the game; or they pirate it. Either way, why should I fund their gaming hobby. Gaming isn't welfare.

d) World wide electronic distribution of game software isn't very hard to do. No need to split it across multiple companies.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 18, 2014, 18:58 Julio

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 16:03:
Julio wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 15:05:
SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 10:37:
I guess anytime Escapist mentions a Take-Two title that goes on the bottom of their page?

I guess they want to start disclosing some conflicts of interest. Personally I'm really looking forward to the first article that has a disclaimer at the bottom that the writer received a blowjob in compensation.

And it would be a first because, despite you endlessly saying this, the timelines you keep parroting have been proven false.

I'm mildly interested in seeing how this has been proven false. So far, I haven't seen definitive proof that sexual favors have not been exchanged for positive press. So far, there's been evidence that it has happened.

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
2. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 18, 2014, 18:52 Julio

Wetworks24 wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 18:45:
I'm picturing Jed Clampett going to Beverly Hills.

Jed must need to crap a lot. 15 bathrooms for 8 bedrooms...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 18, 2014, 15:05 Julio

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 10:37:
I guess anytime Escapist mentions a Take-Two title that goes on the bottom of their page?

I guess they want to start disclosing some conflicts of interest. Personally I'm really looking forward to the first article that has a disclaimer at the bottom that the writer received a blowjob in compensation.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2014, 10:28 Julio

Regional pricing should be illegal.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2014, 11:35 Julio

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:46:
So who's fault was it? They're the ones responsible. They certainly can't turn around and charge people more after the fact. I understand their position but it's hardly the consumer's fault and a contract is a contract.

To me the third party price setting company was at fault, and possibly the market vendors who used them. If someone chooses to not control their own pricing, things like this happen.

I do feel sorry for the businesses this happened to, and I wouldn't be the type to order all of their stock. But they do need to honor their pricing too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 17, 2014, 09:33 Julio

Logitech used to be my go-to brand for buying a mouse. But once you drop quality, it really doesn't matter how much is spent on engineering.

The last couple Logitech mice I had lasted an average a year or less each, so I've moved on to better made products.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
11. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:30 Julio

Valve has taken the right approach on this, if they wanted to censor games they'd also have to take down GTA. And they wouldn't want to have to do that.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 13, 2014, 16:18 Julio

Maybe Google shouldn't have been blowing the MPAA whenever they asked for it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 18:38 Julio

The SJW crew at Polygon going for it again.

Maybe they should have a version of GTA that only has males in it. And it would be played by males only.

Then a version that only has females in it. And it would be played by females only.

That's the future the SJWs want, well at least the first version.

News Comments > Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse
16. Re: Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse Dec 12, 2014, 18:34 Julio

Looks like they are partway there already! I assume World Wide Funder doesn't have any investor protection like Kickstarter does.  

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
16. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 12, 2014, 18:32 Julio

Flatline wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 17:19:
Let's make FPS games of ALL THE THINGS!!!

EA definitely believes this Those 'award shows' would need new categories within FPS as well.

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
21. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 12, 2014, 05:13 Julio

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 18:58:
That self-same guy then did a Crew video, where he just tried to do a simple burnout and then a power slide in a 2013 Mustang GT, and couldn't pull either one of despite repeated attempts, due to the god-awful driving and physics model.

And that would be due to the fact car handling is upgradable with more time spent playing. They give you worse handling at the beginning of the game - probably wasn't a great design decision given how that's created that reputation for the game.

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
7. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 11:34 Julio

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:22:
I know a few guys here are playing it and enjoying it. Jivaro was one, maybe? (if not, I apologize, Jivaro!)

I'm one of those enjoying the game, though playing it on PS4. Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 were my type of game, and this one's pretty similar. The one downside is the fact it's online.

2285 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo