Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2111 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 18:10 Julio

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:52:
Shopping online in Canada isn't viable for the most part. Forget ordering anything from the US as the shipping is exorbitant. Yet, I can order stuff from China for free, usually expedited shipping too. I'd love to know how that works.

I do a lot of shopping online within Canada as well as from other countries outside of the US. My orders from the US are minimal given how many artificial fees are added. UPS is definitely the worst, they add a massive fee (i.e. $50 extra border crossing fee on an item that costs $10) for anything crossing the border.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
40. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:45 Julio

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:44:
Julio wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:39:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:53:
Not to belittle her or her...

I'm not saying anything bad about her, I just don't find her work relevant to the games I play. If we had a post about everyone who left a job in the game industry, this site would be pretty boring.

Eh? Blue posts links to stories about people in the industry moving up or moving on all of the time.

Aren't there hundreds of people switching jobs all the time? Why is she special?

36. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:39 Julio

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:53:
Not to belittle her or her...

I'm not saying anything bad about her, I just don't find her work relevant to the games I play. If we had a post about everyone who left a job in the game industry, this site would be pretty boring.

33. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:36 Julio

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:05:
Why do you guys keep feeding that troll? Put that clown on ignore and do everyone a favour. Why else do you think he has to snipe or play devils advocate in every single topic he enters? I admit it took me a while to catch on, but he is nothing but a troll and should be ignored.

I've chosen not to respond to some of his more trolling posts. But no disagreement here, other than I don't have anyone on ignore. Ignore for me is that I just don't pay attention to them as a poster rather than blocking them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 20, 2014, 17:32 Julio

Rock Band was fun during it's heyday. But that's long gone. Personally, I haven't played it in at least two years, while the pile of plastic instruments are gathering dust.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
23. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 17:29 Julio

ldonyo wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:40:
Can we just agree that payment of any kind for good reviews and hating/harassing/discriminating against people for any reason are all bad so we can move on to something else now?

I don't see the journalists and the anti-GG groups agreeing to this one, sadly.

27. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 17:23 Julio

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:07:
Annnnnnnd who cares.

I definitely would put this in the 'who cares' category. Must not be much news today. More interesting that BMW has pulled their ads from Gawker.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2014, 17:51.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
41. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2014, 20:51 Julio

loomy wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 20:38:
intolerant assholes on all sides are responsible for this mess. it's not about games. it's a religious war against disagreement. everyone needs to shut the fuck up and leave people be

That's ignoring the corruption in 'gaming journalism'. No thanks.

19. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2014, 17:03 Julio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLRajoul-dc

An interesting take on Gamergate. Interesting to see all the anti-GG harassment.

1. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2014, 15:03 Julio

Add Rolling Stone to the misandrist crusade.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
29. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 19, 2014, 11:37 Julio

They need to improve their publicity, Star Citizen could add a zero to those price tags and still get the money.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2014, 11:33 Julio

Much better to watch at home than pay over a grand for a ticket. It's the world series...not something worth that much.  

News Comments > etc.
44. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2014, 04:45 Julio

Beamer wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 02:14:
I can be a gamer, know they're not talking about me, and be annoyed at the total morons doing and saying things that keep necessitating these kinds of articles.

Well I can agree with the second half of your statement, but I'm sure we think different people are the morons.

If the "gaming journalists" weren't saying things for sexual favours and bribes...
If Zoe wasn't allegedly giving sexual favours (i.e. doing things)...
If Sarkessian wasn't saying things to get money...
If Wu wasn't saying things for publicity...
and frankly I forget the name of the last SJW spokesperson who was the man hater...

I'll assume you're not refering to the posters here as "morons", though perhaps that is your intent. I may disagree with you and the rest of the SJWs here, but think of the other side as "misguided", not "morons".

News Comments > etc.
22. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 16:46 Julio

Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 16:43:
Why don't they just preview the game, and politely decline all the extras that come with it?

Because they love burgers and fries. And don't seem to be able to get them except through trading favors for it.

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 16:40 Julio

Quboid wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 12:54:
eRe4s3r, you seem to be viewing this as being gaming press vs gamers. They mean it as tolerance verses intolerance.

It is a significant amount of the gaming press (anti-GG) vs the majority of gamers (pro-GG). I see a lot of intolerance on the anti-GG side, if not more than the pro-GG side.

Polygon will die off like they deserve, it's a matter of time. I'd also like to see the SJW crowd put their money where their mouths are. Kickstart a SJW game, let's see how it does.

News Comments > etc.
127. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 05:12 Julio

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 20:13:
Julio was proud because a game journalist was taken down. Except he wasn't a game journalist.

No - I'm pleased because another advertiser looks to be pulling their support for Gawker.

I have no illusions that these sites will fire their 'journalists' over it. As it was pointed out already, the retweeters represented a number of sites and journalists. In normal business, you would expect these journalists to be fired for their hatred of their customers, but the gaming press is anything but normal.

Edit: Looks like Ford may be next to drop them, wonderful to see
https://twitter.com/kingtytankhamen/status/523211988848369664

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2014, 05:20.

News Comments > etc.
104. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 16:35 Julio

ASeven wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 14:52:
Allegedly Mercedes Benz has just withdrawn their ads from Gawker Karma's a bitch.

Glad to see it, looking forward to seeing those "gaming" sites wither from treating gamers like crap. Mercedes is making the right move here.

News Comments > Layoffs at Turbine
7. Re: Layoffs at Turbine Oct 17, 2014, 05:11 Julio

DDO was great at the time, but it's been close to dead for ages.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 16, 2014, 18:42 Julio

I guess the rest of the Best Buy stores don't have Intel PCs on hand?  

News Comments > etc.
46. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 18:36 Julio

Interesting watching the mass SJW spin in this thread on #Gamergate. As for the Washington Post and New York Times, looks like actual research is beyond them. Interesting how they imply the only threats happening are from the pro-GG side.

I've added Shacknews to my anti-GG list after their recent article. Still plenty of pro-GG or neutral site options out there.

2111 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo