Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2165 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
53. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 18:58 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 13:27:
Damn, she is making the rounds.

Well making the rounds worked well for Quinn...

A good interview by TotalBiscuit on the David Pakman show as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
32. Re: Tim Cook: Oct 30, 2014, 18:37 Julio

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:25:
So now the whole world knows that you like dick, Tim. Who fucking cares. This is 2014. Being gay is about as revealing and controversial as having blonde hair.

I have to agree. But I suppose in some places it's a big deal.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2014, 18:36 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 13:19:
Twitch now lets you watch people develop games live. In bikinis? I'm there!

I wonder if they include the part where they give favors to 'gaming journalists' at those anti-GG sites.

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
18. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 18:34 Julio

InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 10:18:
Hands up if you're going to preorder Inquistion!! *keeps his hands firmly @ his side*

Not a chance, it's going to be terrible.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2014, 18:31 Julio

I think there's a lot of sexual favors that need to be handed out for big companies to speak out against Gamergate. And I'm not sure that would be enough.  

News Comments > Gunscape Wins at PAX AU
2. Re: Gunscape Wins at PAX AU Oct 30, 2014, 04:57 Julio

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:16:
So they won even before the event started? Sounds like some money changed hands if you ask me.

I think these days it's blowjobs for awards.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2014, 17:58 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 15:40:
Here's the DC movie schedule.

I'm not confident on the DC movies, but if they avoid shakycam they have a shot with me. The Flash TV show is great, and I'm the one guy who liked the last Green Lantern movie.

I feel like Batman and Superman have been done to death though - looking more forward to the rest of them.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
15. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 17:53 Julio

I'm looking forward to this game, a real RPG unlike what AAA publishers are offering.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 29, 2014, 17:51 Julio

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:52:
While I agree with her sentiments, for the most part, I find Christina Sommers presence in the Gamergate debate to be a little self-serving and disingenuous.

I'm fine with Gamergate being inclusive by having her as part of the movement. The message that Gamergate is not anti-women is welcome - doesn't matter where it comes from.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 29, 2014, 12:38 Julio

Finally some more balanced coverage from MSNBC.  

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
12. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 12:18 Julio

Picked this up on GOG a while back (which is a great option for those who dislike Origin). Loved it when it was new.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015
22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015 Oct 29, 2014, 05:45 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 02:40:
- No offline mode or coop mode vs. bots

That's what I truly miss about BF games. I'd rather play one of the old BF games with bots. At least the bots don't cheat as badly.

News Comments > Spacebase DF-9 Released; Free Hack n' Slash for Backers
11. Re: Spacebase DF-9 Released; Free Hack n' Slash for Backers Oct 28, 2014, 20:02 Julio

I think this was the game they abandoned once the early access cash was done rolling in wasn't it? Maybe they'll throw in a free copy of the second part of that adventure game that is vaporware as well.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2014, 19:56 Julio

Wonder if they have links to the banned clips...as I've never seen a gaming review from someone wearing pasties.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 28, 2014, 19:52 Julio

ASeven wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 13:15:
Kellogs has dropped Gawker.

Good to see. Plenty of advertisers left to still get.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2014, 06:09 Julio

I'm not really sure why they would have to report it, wouldn't they have already dropped an email to the politicians they have on payroll?  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
38. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 28, 2014, 06:07 Julio

I never really got into this game, but I'm happy for the rest of you on this announcement. Though I am interested in seeing what else comes out from Lucasarts on GOG.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 28, 2014, 06:05 Julio

Definitely I would buy less than I used to, but I still buy some Blurays. As for books and music that's all been digital purchases for quite a while. Movies, music and books are all overpriced versus their value.

There's a theory that once people live through a poor economy, the lessons they learn about where to spend their cash stay with them.

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Oct 28, 2014, 05:55 Julio

NKD wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 22:55:
Why does anything happen when it does? Eventually there's a combination of events that knocks people out of their complacency.

1) Wider knowledge of GameJournoPros mailing list where evidently some shady, and potentially illegal stuff has been going on.

UHD wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 01:30:
Read the whole blog post, it's very insightful (and written from the point of view of a dispassionate third-party).

I still don't see where this doesn't violate journalism ethics.
Journalism Ethics

NKD wrote:
2) Minor conflict-of-interest situation (the Zoe Quinn crap) popped up to kind of light a spark under what was going on.

A conflict of interest situation that turned out to have zero basis in reality but that's not stopping anyone from quoting it as if it were a smoking gun.

It looks like it has quite a bit of basis in reality given Nathan Grayson was not only having sex with Zoe Quinn, but also was a beta tester of her game before pumping it up on RPS.

Grayson Evidence 1

Grayson Evidence 2

NKD wrote:
4) Subsequent coverage of the situation by games news sites were one-sided, covered in inaccuracy and smearing. This is on-going and games journalists are digging the hole deeper and deeper.

I'm sorry gaming journalists aren't lining up to serve you breakfast in bed and massage your feet. No one owes gamers a god damn thing.

Again a violation of journalism ethics.

How many of those websites did you visit regularly before this all went down? How many do you still visit today, through Blue's? Ars Technica regularly shows up on this website; isn't that one of the anti-gamer sites? Why should Blue get a pass?

I visited quite a few of them regularly before, now I will not. There are ad block lists available now to ensure they get no clicks.

Blue gets a pass as he covers both sides, and doesn't take a position either way. Ideally sure it would be great if he came out as pro-GG, but I don't expect that of him. If this site decided to be anti-GG, then goodbye to it.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 19:06 Julio

UHD wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 18:28:
Julio wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 18:22:
Harlock's got it exactly right. The anti-GG side is trying to shift the discussion from ethics to women; as they don't want too close an examination of the lack of gaming journalism ethics. We'll get there eventually, but at this rate it will take months. #GG isn't going to stop, and momentum is clearly on it's side.

And then do what, exactly?

That's the phrase "examination of the lack of gaming journalism ethics" above. And then what I would hope is that there would be real change towards having ethics in gaming journalism.

2165 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo