Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2275 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2014, 10:28 Julio

Regional pricing should be illegal.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2014, 11:35 Julio

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:46:
So who's fault was it? They're the ones responsible. They certainly can't turn around and charge people more after the fact. I understand their position but it's hardly the consumer's fault and a contract is a contract.

To me the third party price setting company was at fault, and possibly the market vendors who used them. If someone chooses to not control their own pricing, things like this happen.

I do feel sorry for the businesses this happened to, and I wouldn't be the type to order all of their stock. But they do need to honor their pricing too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 17, 2014, 09:33 Julio

Logitech used to be my go-to brand for buying a mouse. But once you drop quality, it really doesn't matter how much is spent on engineering.

The last couple Logitech mice I had lasted an average a year or less each, so I've moved on to better made products.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
11. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:30 Julio

Valve has taken the right approach on this, if they wanted to censor games they'd also have to take down GTA. And they wouldn't want to have to do that.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 13, 2014, 16:18 Julio

Maybe Google shouldn't have been blowing the MPAA whenever they asked for it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 18:38 Julio

The SJW crew at Polygon going for it again.

Maybe they should have a version of GTA that only has males in it. And it would be played by males only.

Then a version that only has females in it. And it would be played by females only.

That's the future the SJWs want, well at least the first version.

News Comments > Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse
16. Re: Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse Dec 12, 2014, 18:34 Julio

Looks like they are partway there already! I assume World Wide Funder doesn't have any investor protection like Kickstarter does.  

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
16. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 12, 2014, 18:32 Julio

Flatline wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 17:19:
Let's make FPS games of ALL THE THINGS!!!

EA definitely believes this Those 'award shows' would need new categories within FPS as well.

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
21. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 12, 2014, 05:13 Julio

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 18:58:
That self-same guy then did a Crew video, where he just tried to do a simple burnout and then a power slide in a 2013 Mustang GT, and couldn't pull either one of despite repeated attempts, due to the god-awful driving and physics model.

And that would be due to the fact car handling is upgradable with more time spent playing. They give you worse handling at the beginning of the game - probably wasn't a great design decision given how that's created that reputation for the game.

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
7. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 11:34 Julio

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:22:
I know a few guys here are playing it and enjoying it. Jivaro was one, maybe? (if not, I apologize, Jivaro!)

I'm one of those enjoying the game, though playing it on PS4. Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 were my type of game, and this one's pretty similar. The one downside is the fact it's online.

News Comments > Evening Patches
18. Re: Evening Patches Dec 10, 2014, 16:31 Julio

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 21:27:
Well I got sucked into The Crew, so I'm not in a hurry to continue my adventure and turn into a crypt keeper. Appalling, nonetheless.

Now that everything is good with the servers for The Crew, I'm definitely enjoying it. DA:I will probably be eventually fixed and drop in price for those who aren't in a rush.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month
7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 10, 2014, 16:28 Julio

JediPunisher wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 12:04:
Dang! I misread it as Might & Magic III HD.

Yes only Ubi would call HOMM 3 the wrong thing. In my case, I was happy it wasn't M&M 3...

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
92. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 16:26 Julio

Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 20:31:
Completely makes sense. DAO and DA2 eventually were available for free on Origin, and EA has dropped games to a $5 price point before. At that point the game may be done.

Quinn wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 07:30:
Is this patch a dumb fuck-up? Yes, and I would most readily agree with that. It's just not nearly as dumb as this shit quoted above, though.

I still haven't heard a compelling reason to spend more money buying a game now versus less later. Less money out of my pocket for a better product is clearly the intelligent decision.

There have been plenty of stellar games to play this year, and I've got plenty in the backlog. DA:I doesn't cut it versus what else I'd rather play. It's going to be $5 or less sooner or later...which is probably closer to its real value to me.

If you'd like to donate your money to Bioware, just send them some cash, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2014, 20:46 Julio

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:08:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Again Cutter speaks the truth.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Dec 9, 2014, 20:41 Julio

Looks like we'll have to get a lot more Apple device gaming news content soon around here. I'm done with Windows if the options are subscription, microtransaction and/or built in spyware. No thanks to all of that.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
57. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 20:31 Julio

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:12:
Thanks, I'll wait then.

Completely makes sense. DAO and DA2 eventually were available for free on Origin, and EA has dropped games to a $5 price point before. At that point the game may be done.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
85. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 20:25 Julio

Isn't Elite Dangerous the game that wiped out your cash if you were a backer and wanted a refund?  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month
1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 9, 2014, 20:17 Julio

I'm in for this one, though I recently started playing the Hota mod which is a lot of fun. And it better have a random map generator...  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
69. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 19:01 Julio

Personally I'd rather have a "Romance Simulator" game separate from an RPG. At least it would be less of a tween romance feel. And why isn't there the option to romance the dragons and other monsters? Or maybe that's coming in DA4.  

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
17. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 18:55 Julio

I'm in for Wasteland 3 (or a real Fallout 3/VB). None of this FPS stuff. inXile take more of my money please.  

2275 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo