Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2031 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2014, 12:12 Julio

Looks like lack of testicular fortitude by politicians has led to Ebola in the US. Might end up being a worldwide epidemic given there's no stomach for travel restrictions and quarantines.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 1, 2014, 12:09 Julio

If Hsu can't handle the #Gamergate heat, then time to go I guess. I like how he describes it as anti-journalist.

As if all gamers are against all journalists. Just a lot of gamers against corrupt journalists.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 12:01 Julio

It's polygon the SJW site. No need to click on it, and is there anything Pachter has not been skeptical about?  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
11. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 11:59 Julio

I'm curious to see where this one finishes at before the final (well as final as this game will be) game comes out. Wonder how well it will trend on microtransactions post release too.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2014, 17:45 Julio

I skimmed some articles on Windows 10, and really didn't see any features I need. So what's so good about it vs Windows 7?  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 18:15 Julio

This season of Boardwalk Empire has really let me down, I'm fine with it ending soon. Skipping many years in the storyline has really hurt the show.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2014, 18:01 Julio

It's not going to cost Apple enough money to make them care. The fappening three will be here soon enough.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 17:59 Julio

nutshell42 wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 14:56:
People like think nothing about buying Intel E's with SLI but god forbid they have to shell out $100 every 6 years or so for an OS.

There are no features or functionality that Windows 8 brought above Windows 7 for me. So why pay for a downgrade to 8? I doubt Windows 9 contains anything more that I need either.

Microsoft will force everyone to upgrade at some point but there's no need to think it's beneficial to pay the "Microsoft tax".

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 29, 2014, 17:52 Julio

When I see Kotaku, Eurogamer and RPS as award finalists I wonder who had the burger & fries.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2014, 11:33 Julio

I feel so sorry for Microsoft that they can't pay people what it takes to fill those vacant jobs. Maybe if they didn't throw away $2.5 billion on Minecraft...but aren't they sitting on a ton of cash?

Or is this really about depressing wages by bringing in temporary workers from other countries?

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2014, 04:15 Julio

Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 19:17:
You know, if you Google "Seattle business recycling," you'd see that they do make businesses do it.

Interesting, though looks like they don't enforce it heavily given the business recycling rates are low. I wonder if the fines will make businesses change, or whether they'll just ignore/pay them.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
43. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 04:01 Julio

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 23:04:
Let it go. You will resolve nothing.

Not when #Gamergate is winning. Not when the SJWs continue their agenda against male gamers. Not until Kotaku and SJW sites of that ilk are gone. Feels to me like those involved would like nothing better than for it to 'go away'. Not going to happen.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 25, 2014, 19:35 Julio

I'm sure a lot of employers would be happy to buy everyone's medical records. Some of them try to trick employees into giving them all that info - good way for them to determine who they should fire first.  

32. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 19:32 Julio

Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 19:28:
I thought #gamergate was fighting the media being too close?
People that think this is solely about the media: you probably should distance yourselves and use a new hashtag that doesn't have this kind of baggage dragged into it.

#Gamergate is many things to many people. No need to use a new hashtag, that dilutes the impact. Of course the other side would like us to do that...

30. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 19:17 Julio

Squirmer wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 19:01:
Julio wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 18:34:
the SJW crew trying to turn gaming into a bland, boring anti-male industry
Irrational, conspiratorial nonsense. You can't even point to any examples of how they've ruined anything.

Note I said they are "trying" not that they are "successful". After all that is what #Gamergate is fighting. Before calling something nonsense you might choose to read it?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 19:14 Julio

If they really want to maximize recycling, they'd make businesses do it. Much more effective and efficient collection as well. But given corporations run the government it's not going to happen.  

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 25, 2014, 18:48 Julio

I've always preferred WD to Seagate, now I know why! I go with two different hard drive backups of my files, and it's served me well.  

26. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 18:41 Julio

Probably a big opportunity here for a gaming site to go with a pro-Gamergate theme and a bill of ethics and publicize it. At least you could trust the reviews/previews etc would be more honest.  

25. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 18:34 Julio

Jensen wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 17:31:
PropheT wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:20:
It started with a woman who was pushing her video game being unfaithful with the people who were writing reviews to help sell that game.
Except he never wrote a review, and the game was free.

He did write an article about a bunch of greenlit games and gave her game top billing in the article. Also suggested it was the best of them. And wrote an article on 'game jams' that focused on her.

He gave her press, she screwed him (according to proof from her ex).

Coincidentally, she's apparently accepting funding for a 'game jam'. I'm sure there's other ways she's making money off this.

Zoe Quinn is an interesting side note at this point. The main story is about unethical sex for press 'game journalists' who discriminate against their own readers. Add in the SJW crew trying to turn gaming into a bland, boring anti-male industry, and it's even more interesting.

#Gamergate is going to continue for a long time. Love that we're going after the advertisers. I'm avoiding all links from SJW sites.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 25, 2014, 05:06 Julio

Blizzard has so much money, they're just lighting Star Citizen type money on fire and throwing it around.

Another one sided anti gamer #Gamergate article with zero fact checking. Add NPR to the SJW publication list.

2031 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo