Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julio

Real Name Julio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 10:53
Total Comments 2125 (Senior)
User ID 56216

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2014, 07:02 Julio

Although I'm not a fan of the olympics (the olympics not the special olympics for those who are going to assume otherwise) at all, it's good to see the special olympics branch out into non-sport related activities (i.e. esports).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+
13. Re: NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+ Oct 24, 2014, 07:00 Julio

mystery8 wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 23:52:
They always call it a "restructuring", as if its not a horrible thing. Is that really necessary? Why not just call it what it is? They're not fooling anyone.

True, restructuring is a politically correct way of saying we're dumping the people who got us to where we are. As we don't care about them.

News Comments > etc., etc.
71. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2014, 06:51 Julio

NKD wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 06:41:
So, harassment is bad. Oh look, we all agree that you shouldn't be harassing people...Blue is doing a disservice to our little community by continuing to link to GamerGate articles...Aren't you guys sick of it? Am I alone in this?

I don't think we all agree that harassment is bad (I do). Now the furthest I've seen stated towards a pro-harassment stance is the person in the other thread who views male harassment as irrelevant compared to female harassment. In fact we've seen name calling type harassment of posters on this board in #GG threads - especially by the anti-GG folks such as Beamer. How can someone be against harassment, yet harass people?

As far as not having #GG related articles, that would be ignoring one of the major issues in gaming today. And letting the anti-GG side (including corrupt journalists) win. #GG is still relevant as long as there is rampant corruption in game journalism. All we've seen so far is lip service from the anti-GG gaming sites and no true action. Censorship of #GG is what led into this mess - giving all the press to the anti-GG groups and none to the pro-GG.

If you're not interested in #GG, ignore those threads - there are plenty of other ones to read (it doesn't seem like there's a limit on number of stories per day, as it varies quite a bit from day-to-day).

News Comments > Morning Interviews
43. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 05:40 Julio

bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:40:
It's not the correct place, what you are doing is watering down the severity of this issue by throwing the attention elsewhere.

What I'm doing is supporting equality. Harassment is an issue for all, not just the select few.

69. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2014, 05:32 Julio

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 21:48:
Are you an idiot? Seriously...So in 'retaliation' for her post, the extremist GG idiots post her public information immediately. Wake up and distance yourself from those fools.

See, you can add me to those who have been harassed online by being called names. As was pointed in out later in the thread, there are extremists in any group, and as much as they don't represent me I can't make them leave. And reforming is not an option, as they'd just join that group. At the same time I could suggest the anti-GG group disband, but I think radicals make up most of their visible movement.

UHD wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:14:
Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 21:32:
I don't see where anyone said it was acceptable to dox her. It was just being questioned that she's been great for gaming, especially in light of her post.

Admittedly no; the absence of condemnation merely implied approval. A mistake on my part.

Here's my condemnation - I do not support doxxing, whether it is done by anti-GG or pro-GG people. Equality in action. I didn't even think it needed condemnation, as I haven't seen one poster here suggest doxxing is a good thing.

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:51:
Any what the fuck have you accomplished?...She created a web series that took off and with it more acting opportunities for herself. Every actor out there started somewhere.

I don't work in gaming and it's not how I choose to make accomplishments in my life. It's just a hobby. I also don't see an answer to what she's contributed to gaming, just what she contributed to herself.

From your comments, it appears they mirror my opinion that she created something that used gamers for success. And now where we differ is that I think she's turning her back on what made her get where she is by making comments that lump GG supporters together. She has suggested GG supporters are trolls, that we are angry, have hatred etc. Hence it's probably a good idea for her to look to SJWs next for future support.

I don't think doxxing her is appropriate, I do think the right way to deal with her is to ensure that shows like Supernatural know that she no longer is a good representation of gamers and they should not bring her back in the future. Not to mention the audience for Supernatural is not likely SJWs given most/all of the main characters are male.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2014, 06:40.

14. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 21:04 Julio

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 20:57:
It's sad she feels this way, because she's been great for gaming in general

So why has she been great for gaming? She's leveraged gamers into having an acting career (when she isn't an above average actress). This move of hers has done more harm to gamers than anything positive I can think of she's accomplished.

37. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 20:35 Julio

bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 18:13:
Except if you actually look at the statistics, men are only slightly more likely to be harassed in general, but women are more likely to be stalked and sexually harassed, which a quite a bit more severe than name calling.

Good thing you aren't a journalist.

I'm getting really tired of hearing "it happens to men too" bullshit - that doesn't make it OK. One wrong doesn't make another wrong OK. If that is an issue you care about then this is not the correct place for it.

I can read the statistics in the article I linked quite well. Men are more likely to be the recipient of online harassment (44% vs 37% for women). More likely to be physically threatened, more likely to be called names, more likely to be purposely embarrassed. I've been physically threatened as well as sexually harassed, and I'd prefer the latter every time. Neither would be better of course.

This is a correct place to talk about harassment of men, as much as it is the place to talk about harassment of women. Neither should happen, and the men should not be ignored. Equality can be scary to some I guess. Goes against that SJW agenda.

2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 19:10 Julio

I guess Felicia Day doesn't think she needs gamers anymore. Maybe she'll reinvent herself as a SJW.  

12. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 12:14 Julio

Who hasn't been harassed on the internet? I mean it`s happened to lots of us on this site. It's not difficult to poke someone online to make it happen. These people who are making a career of it are going to have to up the ante. Fake attacks will be next once the cash flow dries up from being a professional victim.

Also given men are more likely to be harassed than women (http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/10/22/online-harassment/), why is the story one sided again?

It all comes back to no ethics in journalism.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: Adobe Oct 22, 2014, 20:42 Julio

Looks like another win, Nissan has dropped Gawker as well. Looking forward to more companies seeing the light on this.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Adobe Oct 22, 2014, 12:38 Julio

ASeven wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 12:28:
And now Olympus has dropped Gawker as well.

Also, the Grayson-Quinn relationship smoking gun appears to have finally have been found.

Thanks for the links ASeven. Happy to see the advertisers abandoning Gawker, hope more continue to do so and never go back.

Looking forward to the SJWs ignoring the evidence again, as they did with Nathan pushing Depression Quest while working at RPS.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2014, 12:31 Julio

I'm willing to pay more for fast DSL, time for the ISPs to step up.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 22, 2014, 05:23 Julio

Only if it's all completely commercial free. Otherwise what's the point?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 21, 2014, 18:19 Julio

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:30:
You guys are right, that CRPG does look awful.

Agreed, I don't think I can back that game. They really need someone who can do better graphics.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 18:10 Julio

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:52:
Shopping online in Canada isn't viable for the most part. Forget ordering anything from the US as the shipping is exorbitant. Yet, I can order stuff from China for free, usually expedited shipping too. I'd love to know how that works.

I do a lot of shopping online within Canada as well as from other countries outside of the US. My orders from the US are minimal given how many artificial fees are added. UPS is definitely the worst, they add a massive fee (i.e. $50 extra border crossing fee on an item that costs $10) for anything crossing the border.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
40. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:45 Julio

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:44:
Julio wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:39:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:53:
Not to belittle her or her...

I'm not saying anything bad about her, I just don't find her work relevant to the games I play. If we had a post about everyone who left a job in the game industry, this site would be pretty boring.

Eh? Blue posts links to stories about people in the industry moving up or moving on all of the time.

Aren't there hundreds of people switching jobs all the time? Why is she special?

36. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:39 Julio

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:53:
Not to belittle her or her...

I'm not saying anything bad about her, I just don't find her work relevant to the games I play. If we had a post about everyone who left a job in the game industry, this site would be pretty boring.

33. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:36 Julio

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:05:
Why do you guys keep feeding that troll? Put that clown on ignore and do everyone a favour. Why else do you think he has to snipe or play devils advocate in every single topic he enters? I admit it took me a while to catch on, but he is nothing but a troll and should be ignored.

I've chosen not to respond to some of his more trolling posts. But no disagreement here, other than I don't have anyone on ignore. Ignore for me is that I just don't pay attention to them as a poster rather than blocking them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 20, 2014, 17:32 Julio

Rock Band was fun during it's heyday. But that's long gone. Personally, I haven't played it in at least two years, while the pile of plastic instruments are gathering dust.  

23. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 17:29 Julio

ldonyo wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:40:
Can we just agree that payment of any kind for good reviews and hating/harassing/discriminating against people for any reason are all bad so we can move on to something else now?

I don't see the journalists and the anti-GG groups agreeing to this one, sadly.

2125 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo