Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim Collins

Real Name Tim Collins   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tim Collins
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 11, 2011, 01:08
Total Comments 268 (Amateur)
User ID 56215

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 11:13 Tim Collins

The game just is not fun, straight up...was looking forward to this for YEARS......YEARS.....its basically a F2P micro transaction game at this point. They totally were not willing to put the effort into the game to make it fun, was just a launch and milk type thing.

and as for Elder Scrolls online.....I can't say much cause I'm under NDA but I would honestly say, don't bother...it obvious no passion has gone into any of these games, its just a do good enough for people to buy initially and milk it till something new comes out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 21, 2013, 09:17 Tim Collins

The running story is that it cost more to run Winamp then they make off it. It was said that an offer of 5 million plus trailing equity was offered but not accepted, winamp is thought to be worth 8 million. RIP winamp....I just installed foobar2k.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2013, 13:19 Tim Collins

All they had to do was make a copycat system like the ps4/xbone and they'd be making money, wow their dumb lol.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Changes
18. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Changes Oct 17, 2013, 12:11 Tim Collins

Battlefield itself is useless, the goal here is to sell the engine to other game makers. This Frostbite game engine is basically a self contained OS.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed
16. Re: Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed Oct 5, 2013, 22:06 Tim Collins

We already know there is HL3 because Valves project software db was hacked and a snapshot was taken that showed they had people, I forget how many working on each project, for a new Left for Dead and Half-Life 3, the LFD team was larget because its getting released first and ramping up for finish/launch  

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
8. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 12:04 Tim Collins

5% performance increase here we come!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 25, 2013, 08:02 Tim Collins

Nvidia only does things when it feels like it has to, I dunno about good will.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 25, 2013, 07:52 Tim Collins

This is one of them games they release and milk it ...I didnt even enjoy the leveling process, couldnt finish, pvp was just a zerg fest....this game dissapointed me WAY more then even SWTOR  

News Comments > New EA CEO
22. Re: New EA CEO Sep 18, 2013, 08:36 Tim Collins

EA was unwilling to put enough effort into SWTOR beyound the initial cost, they were trying to recoup their money and forgot that people were playing the game everyday while they just sat there.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
58. THE BEAST HAS FALLEN Sep 17, 2013, 22:52 Tim Collins

THE BEAST HAS FALLEN  

News Comments > Gearbox Livestream Subscription Plus Bonuses
15. Re: Gearbox Livestream Subscription Plus Bonuses Sep 3, 2013, 14:51 Tim Collins

What is this some test scenario to see how far gamers will bend over :-P  

News Comments > Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned
7. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 13:27 Tim Collins

Nvidia didn't get into the consoles so they want to optimize everything that comes out that can be played in their discrete video cards.

This is just a performance optimization strat for pc games, considering I own a Nvidia card I'll take it.

This is a press release because Nvidia wants to show what they are doing to support PC gaming.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Its Arithmetic Duh Aug 26, 2013, 10:19 Tim Collins

Chromecast + Plex = Local Streaming.....no reason to complain.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
23. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 15:22 Tim Collins

People are idiots, I mean actual idiots when it comes to MATH, subscriptions work, its called revenue, its easier to have a recurring charge then it is to make a sale, micro transactions are a decision to buy, subscription is a decision to KEEP paying..

This is an attemp to maximise profits and the fact that everybody else is including microtranactions I think is the reason why they are being included here...imagine going to your shareholders or even better your shareholders going ...."ya....every online game has micro-trans now why doesen't this game, arn't you suppose to make us as much money as possible" and giving a response that dosen't get u laughed at.

As a 30 year old gamer these are battles that need to be won now so that the young generation dosen't get plowed over till were all drones like in the Matrix....

F microtransation.....F anything that does anything that detracts from a game in terms of enjoyability and signals to the GAMER in a obvious manner that this is nothing but a money grab.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
50. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 15:16 Tim Collins

If your reading this just load up skyrim +DLC and stop wasting yer time.

oh yea btw the Paladin called and wants his class back.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
41. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 15:04 Tim Collins

Ill be honest, guild wars 2 felt like a giant waste of time, couldnt even stand leveling my character to max level which is a REALLY bad sign.

Dosent mean that gw2 isnt innovative, their wep switch mechanism is top notch.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
39. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 14:47 Tim Collins

A. Its kind of expected at this point they will mess this game up, if a Star Wars MMO goes bust, anything can....anything.

B. If its a typical game from them its going to be SUPER, SUPER buggy when it comes out, all their games are, lack of polish.

C. The ONLY model for a AAA MMO IS $50/$15 type subscription model
1. Free MMOs are 100% garbage from my experience
2. Free MMOs have a stigma

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2013, 14:05 Tim Collins

UPDATE: 320.18 were causing freezes with 560ti, FYI

320.18 = Random Freezing, noticed when the mouse started acting funny....rolled back to a old(er) 320.xx release

320.39 beta fixed this and 320.49 were stable for me

new beta is stable for me

320.18 was so bad I was pulling my hair out before I figured out it was the drivers....

fyi

i7-2700/GTX 770 system

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2013, 14:39 Tim Collins

Chicken can be a bish, my personal fav is to hand the mongolian bbq guy my plate of chicken/pork and let him do his magic.  

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
49. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 22:39 Tim Collins

Obviously a mental illness has matured.  

268 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo